Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Environmental Health Careers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Environmental Health Careers (1511 Views)

Top 5 Careers That Can Make Your Spouse Cheat On You / Promising Careers And Professions Emerging In Africa / How Lucrative Is It To Choose Environmental Health As A Career-eho's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Environmental Health Careers by NubianQ(f): 1:22am On May 10, 2008
hi guys,

Just to ask as question.

i finished with an Environmental health degree in the UK and wonderred if i can get a job in Nigeria.

my course were both environmental and public health protection. i also had health and safety included.

i have searched and its useless,

meanwhile i meet people here in England who do contract jobs for shell /lng/ and other companies in nigeriaon a contract basis and they get paid big time and they dont even help cuz Oyibos are really snobbish and i did email all the oil companies in Nigeria explaining that i was willing to work and noone replies,

so whats the problem? i think its a lovely course cuz i also did food safety and infections disease control. it was really hard but its worth it all in one.cuz i have risk assesment and pollution control experiences which relevant in oil polluted areas

i do have job offers in England but i just really want to wrk at home in Nigeria .when i speak to people back home they hardly know what it is. i spoke to some guy in an oil company and he said all i cound do wih my degree was an admin Job.is that it for me?

Please advise.

does any one out there have an idea on what i need to do or who i need to tlk to?

thanks,
Re: Environmental Health Careers by 4Him1(m): 1:25am On May 10, 2008
stick top working in the UK. Nigeria is not that flexible so there is a limit to what jobs are available. The oil companies are probably over-staffed at the moment, everyone who schools abroad is targetting them . . .
Environmental health in Nigeria? No chance.
Re: Environmental Health Careers by Rlst84sale(m): 5:06pm On May 21, 2008
I would say don't give up. Another thing I would suggest is that you try and locate the medical department of those companies and apply to them, you may even apply to them there in the UK and indicate in your cover letter that you don't mind relocating outside UK. Also don't forget to stress in your cover letter how your areas of study/degree would meet their needs, save them money, prevent probable risks or future problem, save the planet and how it would make life easier for them as an organization
Re: Environmental Health Careers by Rlst84sale(m): 5:08pm On May 21, 2008
I would say don't give up. Another thing I would suggest is that you try and locate the medical department of those companies and apply directly to them, you may even apply to them there in the UK and indicate in your cover letter that you don't mind relocating outside UK. Also don't forget that is very important to stress in your cover letter how your areas of study/degree would meet their needs, save them money, prevent probable risks or future problem,  save the planet and how it would make life easier for them as an organization. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Become A Clearing & Forwarding Agent After Getting A Degree? / Become A Betting Shop Owner With Our Support / Super Bright Road, Wall, Garden Solar Led Street Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.