Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway (935 Views)

FG Awards #31bn Niger Delta Road Contract / FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map / Fg Awards N12.2b Contracts For Repair Of Lagos-benin Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by nameo: 2:51am On Jun 21, 2013
The agony of road users on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway will soon end, as the Federal Government has awarded the contract for its reconstruction.

Wolfgang Goetsch, managing director, Julius Berger, announced yesterday that his firm has won the award for the Lagos-Shagamu end of the road, and disclosed that it has been selected under the public private partnership (PPP) system for the Onitsha-Aba end of the second Niger Bridge. RCC will handle the Shagamu to Ibadan end of the road.

Goetsch, who spoke at the 43rd annual general meeting (AGM) of the firm in Abuja, also foreclosed rights issues as an alternative to sourcing funds from banks for its operations.

“We got the letter of award last week, for the Lagos-Shagamu end of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway and the mobilisation is in process to start the work for the comfort of road users”, he said.

He disclosed that his Lagos office has started the mobilisation, which includes soil tests and strategic management for the road.

“We will mobilise to site in seven to 10 days from today and we will take the road users into consideration in a way to ensure free flow of traffic while construction work is going on”.

On the second Niger Bridge, Goetsch informed that Julius Berger was selected under the PPP arrangement, to complement the Federal Government in constructing the Onitsha-Aba end of the bridge.

“We got the letter of intent from the Federal Government on Monday, having concluded negotiation on the construction work”, he said.

The Federal Government issued tenders for the Second Niger Bridge last year and the discussion with Julius Berger started when the firm emerged as preferred bidder in January this year.

Negotiation has been concluded and the firm has reached financial conclusion on the work, according to Goetsch.

Julius Berger recorded improvement in its earnings for 2012 but interest on loans secured in the year was huge, drawing a whopping N2.7 billion from its balance sheet.

For 2012, the company recorded N197 billion turnover and N201.5 billion on its group’s earnings. The company’s profit after taxation was N7.7 billion, while the group’s operation recorded N8.26 billion.

The managing director however ruled out rights issues as an alternative to bank loans in financing its operations in the country.

“Rights issues have been discussed every year because of our financial issues. We have also discussed it intensively internally but we are not ready to do that for now. It is not wise to go for rights issues since we are getting in-house receivables”.

http://businessdaynigeria.com/fg-awards-lagos-ibadan-express-way-contract
Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:10am On Jun 21, 2013
Ok
Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by awodman: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2013
Great news!!!...I remember hearing on Raypower's political platform that the Work will be flagged off officially on July 4th..this was stated by a Director in the works ministry who featured on the program..

He also said that BPP has issued a Certificate of No Objection to the contract seeking the reconstruction of ENUGU-PH expressway...meaning that in no distant time the contract will be awarded..

I can't wait to see the contractors mobilise to site and start working on this major roads..

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by PastorKun(m): 6:56am On Jun 21, 2013
A lot of details still missing. Why hasn't the govt announced it? How much was the contract awarded for? Is there any budgetary provision for it? What is going to happen to the shagamu Ibadan end? Etc etc

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 21, 2013
Pastor Kun: A lot of details still missing. Why hasn't the govt announced it? How much was the contract awarded for? Is there any budgetary provision for it? What is going to happen to the shagamu Ibadan end? Etc etc
who you be?
Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by kross01(m): 8:16am On Jun 21, 2013
Pastor Kun: A lot of details still missing. Why hasn't the govt announced it? How much was the contract awarded for? Is there any budgetary provision for it? What is going to happen to the shagamu Ibadan end? Etc etc
sheyie2007: who you be?
He's a blind fellow who couldnt comprehend the part of the article that said RCC will take care of shagamu-ibadan end of the road

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by IGBOSON1: 8:22am On Jun 21, 2013
These Julius Berger are thieves! How can they report such a pathetic figure upon all the jobs they're doing all over the country?......and we all know they don't come cheap! They must be under-reporting their profit for tax and 'other' reasons. wink wink
Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Geomac: 8:24am On Jun 21, 2013
Pastor Kun: What is going to happen to the shagamu Ibadan end? Etc etc

This man did not read it.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by PapaBrowne(m): 8:48am On Jun 21, 2013
Nice. I've always wished for Julius Berger to handle that road. At least they have the experience and the capcity. They would take 8 years to construct a 51km road like LCC is doing on Lekki- Epe.

With the rate of road construction currently going on in the country, looks like Nigerians would be able to enjoy a jolly free ride anytime they are on the highway.

The list of major road construction by the FG is endless and none is being abandoned.

Abuja-Benin.(Dualised)
Benin- Lagos(a now wonderful driving experience)
East- West Road
Lagos- Ibadan
Kano- Maiduguri
Port Harcourt- Enugu
Enugu- Onitsha

These are just the few I've been on recently.

You wonder what previous governments were doing. In just 2 years we get all this. May God bless the executioners.

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by billante(m): 9:01am On Jun 21, 2013
if major construction works starts on the lagos-ibadan expressway, enugu-port harcourt expressway and 2nd niger bridge abeg which other major road remain that doesn't have construction work presently going on?

And they say GEJ is not working!......i just pity the opposition, they are going to have a tough task convincing the electorate in 2015

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by kelvincoll(m): 9:02am On Jun 21, 2013
Nice development, especially coming from the JB Boss himself, a confirmation of the FG commitment i guess

However, untill it's completed i can scream FRESH AIR, for now na dust i dey breath undecided
Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by KwoiZabo(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2013
This is a road in the south-west Obasanjo did nothing. Yar'adua told us to fix federal roads it must be through PPP & gave this road to bi-courtney but our amiable president revoked it and is fixing all the federal roads in this country from the FG's purse. What more can we ask for? Is this not Fresh air?

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by kutchs: 9:21am On Jun 21, 2013
PapaBrowne: Nice. I've always wished for Julius Berger to handle that road. At least they have the experience and the capcity. They would take 8 years to construct a 51km road like LCC is doing on Lekki- Epe.

With the rate of road construction currently going on in the country, looks like Nigerians would be able to enjoy a jolly free ride anytime they are on the highway.

The list of major road construction by the FG is endless and none is being abandoned.

Abuja-Benin.(Dualised)
East- West Road
Lagos- Ibadan
Kano- Maiduguri
Port Harcourt- Enugu
Enugu- Onitsha

You wonder what previous governments were doing. In just 2 years we get all this. May God bless the executioners.
Add also the following:
Ogoja-Abakiliki
Calabar/Ikom-Ogoja/Katsina Ala
Owerri-PH
Abakiliki-Afikpo
Afikpo-Okigwe
Kona-Lau-Jalingo etc

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by KwoiZabo(m): 9:30am On Jun 21, 2013
kutchs:
Add also the following:
Ogoja-Abakiliki
Owerri-PH
Abakiliki-Afikpo
Afikpo-Okigwe
Ko
Add apapa-oshodi and a 350capacity trailer park at liverpool so that the critics in that area will hear it.
tongue

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by stebell(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2013
And they say he is not working? I tell yu come 2015, it's de opposition dat will campaign for GEJ. Fresh Air all de way.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ozolity(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2013
Pls still add Obbollo Affor- Nkalagu Road
Enugu-Abakaliki
Awgu-Isuoch
and lots more... Who said dis man is clueless? I think we are in dire need of more of his cluelessness. Up GEJ.
kutchs:
Add also the following:
Ogoja-Abakiliki
Owerri-PH
Abakiliki-Afikpo
Afikpo-Okigwe
Kona-Lau-Jalingo etc

1 Like

Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by dridowu: 10:27am On Jun 21, 2013
Seeing is believing. Until d road is motorable 4 users b4 i believe dy have award d contract.
Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by taharqa2: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2013
PapaBrowne: Nice. I've always wished for Julius Berger to handle that road. At least they have the experience and the capcity. They would take 8 years to construct a 51km road like LCC is doing on Lekki- Epe.

Abuja-Benin.(Dualised)
East- West Road
Lagos- Ibadan
Kano- Maiduguri
Port Harcourt- Enugu
Enugu- Onitsha

KEY WORD, @emboldened.... May God bless you too
Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by gunuvi(m): 10:49am On Jun 21, 2013
I think GEJ is working well but he lacks good media coverage unlike the Acn and Fashola. He needs to work more on the media
Re: FG Awards Lagos-ibadan Expressway by taharqa2: 11:38am On Jun 21, 2013
KwoiZabo: This is a road in the south-west Obasanjo did nothing. Yar'adua told us to fix federal roads it must be through PPP & gave this road to bi-courtney but our amiable president revoked it and is fixing all the federal roads in this country from the FG's purse. What more can we ask for? Is this not Fresh air?

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu, Akande, Rochas Rejoices With Ibadan On Projects Commissioning. / Daniel Dumps PDP, Joins Labour Party / PDP Expels Governor Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.