Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

How Can I Land A Full Funded Schorlaship Abroad? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Land A Full Funded Schorlaship Abroad? (1515 Views)

Help A Nairalander Land A Job.... / 4 Most Important Things To Include On Your Resume To Land A Job In Social Media / 3 Tips Any Graduate Can Use To Land A Job They Want (podcast) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Land A Full Funded Schorlaship Abroad? by jonath0012(m): 6:12am On Jun 21, 2013
Hello my fellow nairaland users, I am a serv ing batch A corps member. I read physics education (CGPA: 4.14). My desire is to go for higher degrees in pure physics, but no money to actualise that. I believe there is a God's sent out there who will show me the way to actualising my dream. If you have any valuable things to offer me either in form of advice or otherwise, please do no hesitate to do so. Thanks
Re: How Can I Land A Full Funded Schorlaship Abroad? by akuji: 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
jonath0012: Hello my fellow nairaland users, I am a serv ing batch A corps member. I read physics education (CGPA: 4.14). My desire is to go for higher degrees in pure physics, but no money to actualise that. I believe there is a God's sent out there who will show me the way to actualising my dream. If you have any valuable things to offer me either in form of advice or otherwise, please do no hesitate to do so. Thanks

If you wish to study abroad, go to the university websites and check their funding section for the subject you are interested in. Check if you are eligible, and then apply within the deadline. Remember...foreign education is not like nigeria where money can buy anything. You have to stick to deadlines and meet the eligibility criterias. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Land A Full Funded Schorlaship Abroad? by jonath0012(m): 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
akuji:

If you wish to study abroad, go to the university websites and check their funding section for the subject you are interested in. Check if you are eligible, and then apply within the deadline. Remember...foreign education is not like nigeria where money can buy anything. You have to stick to deadlines and meet the eligibility criterias. Good luck!
. Thanks for such an invaluable advice. I never know that it's that easy. I will start checking for any available opportunity, henceforth.
Re: How Can I Land A Full Funded Schorlaship Abroad? by chellsee: 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2013
Watch out for the 'Erasmus mundus' scholarship programmes. They handle full scholarships for 3rd world countries but they have a rule.

The essence of training you for free is so you can use the knowledge gained to improve your own country. Vis-a-vis, the same way u came in, be sure dt you must go out.

You can check it online but I don't think the programme for 2014/2015 is out yet. And you must meet deadlines o.
Re: How Can I Land A Full Funded Schorlaship Abroad? by Admitwithschola: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2013
chellsee: Watch out for the 'Erasmus mundus' scholarship programmes. They handle full scholarships for 3rd world countries but they have a rule.

The essence of training you for free is so you can use the knowledge gained to improve your own country. Vis-a-vis, the same way u came in, be sure dt you must go out.

You can check it online but I don't think the programme for 2014/2015 is out yet. And you must meet deadlines o.

You are on point about the Erasmus Mundus scholarship for third world countries (Definition of third world not what you may think. Please check to clear the air). I implore forum members to try it out.

However, this statement: ‘the same way u came in, be sure dt you must go out’ is misleading. You can do whatever you want to do after you have enjoyed the full funding from Erasmus. Some pursue PhD, some head to the US, UK, Africa and other emerging and developed markets to work, some travel around the world, some do nothing afterwards. You are not under any obligation to return home. You decide what you want to do.. This is not to say you are not expected to develop your country or continent with skills learnt during the Erasmus programme.

Again, Erasmus, as the above poster has mentioned, is really good indeed. Salary is c.1200-1300 euros per month, plus you get subsidy for housing if you are in France and transportation subsidy if you are in Germany. I recommend this programme.

Meanwhile, computer science, engineering, physics , maths and statistics graduates should also try AIMS. Very good programme with affiliations to top UK, Canadian and South African schools. I’ve never seen anyone who attended this programme and became ‘useless or jobless’ afterwards.. But, it is now very competitive. Be ready to apply 4 times (4 years) before getting it…By the way, it is fully funded.

Admit.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Land A Full Funded Schorlaship Abroad? by opesluv: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
Admitwithschola:

You are on point about the Erasmus Mundus scholarship for third world countries (Definition of third world not what you may think. Please check to clear the air). I implore forum members to try it out.

However, this statement: ‘the same way u came in, be sure dt you must go out’ is misleading. You can do whatever you want to do after you have enjoyed the full funding from Erasmus. Some pursue PhD, some head to the US, UK, Africa and other emerging and developed markets to work, some travel around the world, some do nothing afterwards. You are not under any obligation to return home. You decide what you want to do.. This is not to say you are not expected to develop your country or continent with skills learnt during the Erasmus programme.

Again, Erasmus, as the above poster has mentioned, is really good indeed. Salary is c.1200-1300 euros per month, plus you get subsidy for housing if you are in France and transportation subsidy if you are in Germany. I recommend this programme.

Meanwhile, computer science, engineering, physics , maths and statistics graduates should also try AIMS. Very good programme with affiliations to top UK, Canadian and South African schools. I’ve never seen anyone who attended this programme and became ‘useless or jobless’ afterwards.. But, it is now very competitive. Be ready to apply 4 times (4 years) before getting it…By the way, it is fully funded.

Admit.
Please what are the requirement for visa for mathmods student because my first path is Italy and I just finish my legalization yesterday. . Please advice me hope is not too late to apply for visa
Before I paid for school fee and also wat process involve
Re: How Can I Land A Full Funded Schorlaship Abroad? by Macdondoug: 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hello brothers,do anyone know about esso scholarship ad related past questions.
Re: How Can I Land A Full Funded Schorlaship Abroad? by Funpeter: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
Admitwithschola:

Admit.

more on that programme u mention how can sumone apply for it?

(1) (Reply)

Is Driving A Professional Job? / Baba Ijebu Goes Mtn / 16 Simple Rules For Living A Successful Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.