Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,491 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP (1869 Views)

Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings / Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North / Governors Are Importing Illegal Arms With Private-Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
The long-awaited meeting ofthe National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ended in an anti-climax Thursday without a single word of dissent against the beleaguered national chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.

THISDAY gathered that Tukur was able to retain his job due to the last minute horse-trading and lobbying that took place throughout Wednesday to ensure that the chairman was not removed.

Sources close to the presidency said the governors loyal to President Goodluck Jonathan ensured that they had most of the G84 members, especially the state party chairmen, locked in by Wednesday night, with most of them pledging not to upset the apple cart at yesterday’s NEC meeting.

One presidency source said it was easy to get the commitment of most of the members because the anti-Jonathan governors such as Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano), Sule Lamido (Jigawa), Murtala Nyako (Adamawa) and Babangida Aliyu (Niger), were rudderless without the support of opposition governors from other parties.

He said: “The truth is that these so-called anti-Jonathan governors are in the minorityin the party. During the election of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), they derived their support from the opposition.

“But without them (opposition governors), these governors could not muster the numbers to remove Tukur.

"They had made Tukur’s removal a pre-condition for them to support Jonathan. But after what happened during the NGF election, it was best to err on the side of caution as they could not be trusted.”

He said Aliyu Wamakko, the Sokoto State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, and the deputy governors of Jigawa and Kano States were all at yesterday’s NEC meeting but failed to utter a word with respect to Tukur during the 45-minute meeting

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/how-last-minute-politicking-saved-tukur-s-job/151115/[i][/i]
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
Am I first?
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by EkoIle1: 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
A.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
@Sincere 9gerian,

Congrats to you and co-traveling GEJites for pulling off a coup of sorts grin

APC beckons as Amaechi loses out in PDP

LEGISREPORTS NG - Governor Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State may have finally lost out in the power-play in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as his nominee in the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party Mr. Sam Jaja, deputy national chairman, was amongst those forced to resign their positions Thursday.

The Rivers state governor is battling his suspension from the party in court and his hold on the state structure of the PDP had been severed following the emergence of the Mr. Felix Obuah -led executive which replaced the group of leaders loyal to the governor based on a court order.

Mr. Amaechi is also leading a faction of the Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF), following the fractious election earlier this month which produced him as chairman but with Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State laying claim to the position based on his endorsement by governors of the PDP caucus of the forum earlier.

With the resignation of Mr. Jaja from the NWC and his replacement with former deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Chibudom Nwuche, who is loyal to Aso Rock presidential villa, the Rivers governor is now effectively bereft of any straw he can clutch on within the PDP both at the state and national level.

Although both men have openly denied it, it is no news anymore that President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Amaechi currently maintain a cat-and-mouse political relationship with each other, a factor which counted against the latter in his controversially successful re-election as chairman of the NGF.

These developments have further heightened surreptitious moves by the Rivers governor to collapse his political structure into the opposition alliance, the All Progressives Congress (APC) that is however yet to be registered with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Governor Amaechi's faction of the NGF is primarily centred on the strength of the opposition governors of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and the Rochas Okorocha-led All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) all of whom joined a handful of PDP governors to tilt the scale in favour of Amaechi in the NGF contest.

Sources close to the Rivers state governor hinted to LEGISREPORTS that the embattled politician may be goaded eventually into joining the APC if these developments get too choking for him especially as the opposition alliance is said to have thrown its doors open for him and other disenchanted governors of the PDP.

Amaechi is facing the political battle of his life right now with even the state house of assembly factionalized into those in his support and those against him who are being mobilized by Abuja-based forces to instigate an impeachment move against the governor.

Source
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by superior1: 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
Wait till 2015 primaries to understand how powerful they really are. Like they pushed Jang forward to be disgraced, so are they doing to your boss but then Jona-Dumbo is too dumb to understand this as expected.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by texaco1: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
the truth needs to be told ,unless gej and pdp settle the difference between them and the aggrieved govs.gej is heading towards a disgraceful defeat
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by unbiase(m): 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
superior1: Wait till 2015 primaries before you know how powerful they really are. Like they pushed Jang forward to be disgraced, so are they doing to your boss but then Jona-Dumbo is too retarded to understand this as expected.
[b][/b]The oposition wants to make it look Gej is not wanted.they ve tried all trick and failed.bt they dont want to give up.jus as it happened in 2011,2015 will nt be much different.learn to be realistic and remove sentiment,tribalism,religion from yuor mind for ones and Nigeria will move forward.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2013
eGuerrilla: @Sincere 9gerian,

Congrats to you and co-traveling GEJites for pulling off a coup of sorts grin

Source

I guess Governor Amaechi is now in a dilemma. Damned if he stays in PDP and damned if he moves to the unregistered APC. Either way, disaster awaits him.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
The last time I checked, more than 70% of delegates that Jonathan needs to secure PDP nomination are in firm grip of PDP Northern Governors. These Governors are going to disgrace Jonathan at the convention come 2015. The same thing that happened to Jang will happen to Jonathan. Just wait till Northerners annoint on of their Governors for President. That is when you will see how powerful they are in PDP.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I guess Governor Amaechi is now in a dilemma. Damned if he stays in PDP and damned if he moves to the unregistered APC. Either way, disaster awaits him.

My friend, you are underestimating the power of Northern Governors when it comes to securing needed delegates. Anehni already gave you a hint of consensus candidacy of Jonathan because he knows better. There is a reason why Anehni mentioned it last month. You and your boss should underestimate the Northern Governors at your peril.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by gramci: 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
Eko Ile: A.

buhaha grin u don kolo b4
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by texaco1: 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2013
govs determine a lot when there is a comvention,i remeber how they made obj to go to the platform with atiku beside him ,it was an humilation but they were the ones that control the delegates.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2013
payless:

My friend, you are underestimating the power of Northern Governors when it comes to securing needed delegates. Anehni already gave you a hint of consensus candidacy of Jonathan because he knows better. There is a reason why Anehni mentioned it last month. You and your boss should underestimate the Northern Governors at your peril.
Lol.. Payless the dreamer, keep dreaming. Which northern governors? Which north? Yeye dey smell
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
"They had made Tukur’s removal a pre-condition for them to support Jonathan. But after what happened during the NGF election, it was best to err on the side of caution as they could not be trusted.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/how-last-minute-politicking-saved-tukur-s-job/151115/[i][/i]
What is the sense in unleashing your full arsenal in an inconsequential battle when the real war is still ahead? The so called anti-Jonathan PDP governors are indeed clueless

1 Like

Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2013
payless: The last time I checked, more than 70% of delegates that Jonathan needs to secure PDP nomination are in firm grip of PDP Northern Governors. These Governors are going to disgrace Jonathan at the convention come 2015. The same thing that happened to Jang will happen to Jonathan. Just wait till Northerners annoint on of their Governors for President. That is when you will see how powerful they are in PDP.

My broda u av said it all!

Dos who r grandstanding now r doing so out of ignorance of d obvious

Wen OBJ needed d 2nd term ticket like his life depended on it,he was made to kowtow b4 Atiku owing 2d enormous influence of d northerners n d need 2 delicately pacify d South

GEJ got d 1st term ticket as a result of Yar'adua's demise n d fact dat OBJ who was his minder then got d Northerners 2 support him on d basis of d gentleman agreement dey had wt GEJ to go 4 only 1 term alone

Dis prompted OBJ to publicly announce dat d president wil only go 4 1 term only to preserve d zoning agreement(albeit unwritten in d PDP constitution) @ d PDP presidential primaries @ eagles square(I watched it LIVE)

D North hold d ace 4 any election owing 2dia population n in order 4dem not 2b seen as being to power hungry,dey conceeded d presidency 2d southern part of Nigeria starting wt Obasanjo n afta him Yaradua

GEJ shd b conciliatory n work hard 4us 2 see d dividend of democracy,peradventure he can sway d already bad opinion of him even in d south-west

But up North,its going 2b tough n hard!
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2013
texaco1: govs determine a lot when there is a comvention,i remeber how they made obj to go to the platform with atiku beside him ,it was an humilation but they were the ones that control the delegates.

Correct! These Governors control the delegates. Anehni knows better than Jonathan.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

My broda u av said it all!

Dos who r grandstanding now r doing so out of ignorance of d obvious

Wen OBJ needed d 2nd term ticket like his life depended on it,he was made to kowtow b4 Atiku owing 2d enormous influence of d northerners n d need 2 delicately pacify d South

GEJ got d 1st term ticket as a result of Yar'adua's demise n d fact dat OBJ who was his minder then got d Northerners 2 support him on d basis of d gentleman agreement dey had wt GEJ to go 4 only 1 term alone

Dis prompted OBJ to publicly announce dat d president wil only go 4 1 term only to preserve d zoning agreement(albeit unwritten in d PDP constitution) @ d PDP presidential primaries @ eagles square(I watched it LIVE)

D North hold d ace 4 any election owing 2dia population n in order 4dem not 2b seen as being to power hungry,dey conceeded d presidency 2d southern part of Nigeria starting wt Obasanjo n afta him Yaradua

GEJ shd b conciliatory n work hard 4us 2 see d dividend of democracy,peradventure he can sway d already bad opinion of him even in d south-west

But up North,its going 2b tough n hard!
See this political neophyte. We'r talking of active politicians and you'r mentioning OBJ? OBJ is politically DEAD and BURIED.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
See this political neophyte. We'r talking of active politicians and you'r mentioning OBJ? OBJ is politically DEAD and BURIED.

Keep believing in your own spin. You know what? When you spin too much, you end up getting dizzy. Tell us why Anehni brought up adopting Jonathan through consensus.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by kutchs: 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2013
payless: The last time I checked, more than 70% of delegates that Jonathan needs to secure PDP nomination are in firm grip of PDP Northern Governors. These Governors are going to disgrace Jonathan at the convention come 2015. The same thing that happened to Jang will happen to Jonathan. Just wait till Northerners annoint on of their Governors for President. That is when you will see how powerful they are in PDP.
We do know how powerful and almighty they are. They were so powerful in 2011 but we had them lock up and made them do our bidding, what makes you think we wont/cant do it again?
Besides you forgot the so called north is already divided into the pro/against GEJ, GEJ is going to use that division to get what he wants.
Hehehehehehehe the man aint clueless afterall.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
payless: The last time I checked, more than 70% of delegates that Jonathan needs to secure PDP nomination are in firm grip of PDP Northern Governors. These Governors are going to disgrace Jonathan at the convention come 2015..

Oga you did not check well the last time, I advise you to check again. What do you mean that the North controls 70% of delegates, besides, which north? Are you including Benue, Plateau, Kogi, Kaduna, Taraba, Bauchi, and Nasarawa (non PDP state) in your blanket categorisation of "north"? By the time you add these northen states I just mentioned to the 5 PDP states in the South South and the 3 PDP states in the South East, what 70% would you still be talking about? Remember that ALL non-PDP controlled states are in the firm grip of the president, and they will also have delegates at the convention too. . .senators, reps, and other PDP officials. So, what 70% are you talking about? The only 70% I can see belongs to Jonathan already.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
pro01:

Oga you did not check well the last time, I advise you to check again. What do you mean that the North controls 70% of delegates, besides, which north? Are you including Benue, Plateau, Kogi, Kaduna, Taraba, Bauchi, and Nasarawa (non PDP state) in your blanket categorisation of "north"? By the time you add these northen states I just mentioned to the 5 PDP states in the South South and the 3 PDP states in the South East, what 70% would you still be talking about? Remember that ALL non-PDP controlled states are in the firm grip of the president, and they will also have delegates at the convention too. . .senators, reps, and other PDP officials. So, what 70% are you talking about? The only 70% I can see belongs to Jonathan already.

I know sometimes that some of you do arithmetics that make you feel good. The delegates from Sokoto, Kano, Kebbi, Katsina, Jigawa, Niger, Kwara and Adamawa States alone are more than half of what Jonathan needs before he can secure his nomination. Delegates from just 4 Northern States alone (Kano, Jigawa, Niger and Katsina States) are more than the total number of delegates from SE states, SS states, and North Central States combine. The only way Jonathan can secure these delegates is either through consensus or change of PDP Constitution. The PDP Constitution skews more than 70% of delegates to the core North.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
pro01:

Forget that lost dreamer
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by texaco1: 9:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
all i can say is that gej has to be very careful with the way he handles these govs ,they can do and undo
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by princenonny(m): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
dats absolutely correct!!!! D opposition Fooled amaechi to underestimate the powers of the presidency and now they will abandon him nw he is a sinking ship. Am glad pdp(the best party in the whole world) has once again settled this issue like a family affair. Nw president Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan can now concentrate and give us dividends of democracy. #teamnovacancy2015
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by gramci: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
texaco1: govs determine a lot when there is a comvention,i remeber how they made obj to go to the platform with atiku beside him ,it was an humilation but they were the ones that control the delegates.

by 2015, amaechi won't have delegates
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
princenonny: dats absolutely correct!!!! D opposition Fooled amaechi to underestimate the powers of the presidency and now they will abandon him nw he is a sinking ship. Am glad pdp(the best party in the whole world) has once again settled this issue like a family affair. Nw president Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan can now concentrate and give us dividends of democracy. #teamnovacancy2015

The same Presidency that now appears to be dangling the olive branch? grin
Sometimes I think you foot-soldiers are good only for talking up a good fight.

PDP Govs Seek Amaechi’s Return

THE Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Governors’ Forum (PDP-GF) said Friday that it had started the process of reconciling its 23 members to remove all elements of rancour and mudslinging within the party.

It also said that the reconciliation process would lead to the return of Rivers State Governor Chibuike Amaechi back to the party from suspension.

Amaechi is currently in court to challenge his suspension from the party, but PDP-GF Chairman, Akwa Ibom State Governor Godswill Akpabio, weekend said: “We are in the process of reconciliation. Peace is gradually returning to the party and among the governors. We are exploring all avenues to bring back everybody to the fold.”

The rank and file of the governors broke into two factions after some of the 36 governors disagreed over the re-election of Amaechi as chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF) and a rival faction, led by Plateau State governor Jonah Jang emerged.

Akpabio, who spoke to journalists after the inaugural meeting of the Prof Jerry Gana-led PDP Convention Planning Committee, noted that the governors of the party were worried that their number had decreased from 29 to 23, saying: “Our intention is to increase the number by the next election.

“Reconciliation among governors is ongoing. If you noticed, almost all the PDP governors were in attendance. Even the recently recalled brother of mine, Governor Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto State also attended the meeting,” Akpabio said.

Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, who is the Secretary of the committee for the mini-convention now rescheduled for July 20, this year said all sacked national officers would be free to re-contest.

“We are only trying by holding the mini-convention to regularise what INEC (the Independent National Electoral Commission) complained about in the case of the national officers removed.”

Source: http://www.theguardianmobile.com/
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by gramci: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
President GEJ will secure 2015 d ticket effortlessly
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by texaco1: 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2013
princenonny: dats absolutely correct!!!! D opposition Fooled amaechi to underestimate the powers of the presidency and now they will abandon him nw he is a sinking ship. Am glad pdp(the best party in the whole world) has once again settled this issue like a family affair. Nw president Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan can now concentrate and give us dividends of democracy. #teamnovacancy2015
it is obvious u are not a politician
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by takedat(m): 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
"the best party in the whole world indeed". There is no limit to sycophancy. I guess when all else fails, there is always delusion!
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 21, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The same Presidency that now appears to be dangling the olive branch? grin
Sometimes I think you foot-soldiers are good only for talking up a good fight.

Source: http://www.theguardianmobile.com/

The foot soldiers and 40 laptop crews are good at talking up good fight but they are clueless about how to wage the fight. They are living in different planet and detach from reality.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2013
payless:
The foot soldiers and 40 laptop crews are good at talking up good fight but they are clueless about how to wage the fight. They are living in different planet and detach from reality.

The know not what they don't know, I know. cheesy
Always talking jazz as though political horse-trading is some kindergarten affair.
Re: Anti-Jonathan PDP Governors Are Powerless And Rudderless Within PDP by takedat(m): 10:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
gramci: President GEJ will secure 2015 d ticket effortlessly
He has a firm grip on the party machinery now. His major problem now is to keep and pacify the aggrieved governors to remain in the party, otherwise he will find it difficult during the proper polls!

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Jonathan Cuts Short His Stay In China / Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves / Obasanjo's Convoy In An Accident While Returning From London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.