Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,069 members, 7,863,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:00 AM

Racial Joke On Mario Balotelli,Italy Manager,Cesare Prandelli Sorry For Comments - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Racial Joke On Mario Balotelli,Italy Manager,Cesare Prandelli Sorry For Comments (612 Views)

Juventus Keen On Mario Gotze / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Racial Joke On Mario Balotelli,Italy Manager,Cesare Prandelli Sorry For Comments by tzetzefly(m): 7:26am On Jun 22, 2013
Italy manager Cesare Prandelli has apologised for saying that Mario Balotelli was the only player allowed out of the team hotel in Brazil because he is black.

Security advisors told the squad they should not leave during protests that have marred the Confederations Cup. Prandelli said the AC Milan striker was permitted to leave the hotel because his "colour is different to ours".

But he later said: "I'm sorry. It was a joke. Of course." It emerged that former Manchester City striker Balotelli was involved in charity work, helping children from some of Salvador's poorest areas. "Before I said something about the colour of our skin," added Prandelli. "I am glad we clarified that issue about why he was the only one allowed out. "He was surrounded by all these people but he was working with a charity and doing something nice."

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23012368

Re: Racial Joke On Mario Balotelli,Italy Manager,Cesare Prandelli Sorry For Comments by supaeagles(m): 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
I know Prandelli has issued an apology but it obviously shows what his mindset is. It is really just a reflection of how bad racism is in Italy and many European countries. Shame on Prandelli for a man of his position and how does he expect to command the respect of Balo if that is how he views Balo ..... undecided

(1) (Reply)

Transfer Dateline / UPDATE ON African World Cup Play-off Draws / Bayern Munich Player Betrays Guardiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.