Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Mou Sacks Mikel For Essien - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mou Sacks Mikel For Essien (790 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / EXCLUSIVE: Oliseh Recalls Mikel For Tanzania Match / Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mou Sacks Mikel For Essien by texaco1: 7:38am On Jun 22, 2013
John Obi Mikel is heading towards the exit door at Stamford Bridge after the midfielder admitted that he is close to agreeing a deal with Turkish club Galatasaray. Jose Mourinho has reportedly told Mikel that he has no future at the club and the Nigeria international has set his sights on completing the switch to Turkey. Chelsea signed Mikel under controversial circumstances in 2006 from Norwegian club Lyn Oslo and were forced to pay £12million to Manchester United, who terminated their contract with the player. Mikel had a slow start to life in London but came into his own in recent seasons. The 26-year old was a mainstay in the Blues midfield over the last few seasons, but only managed 22 league appearances last term due to injury. However, Mourinho has admitted that the Nigerian has no future a Stamford Bridge despite signing him in 2006. Michael Essien is set to return from his loan spell at Real Madrid pushing Mikel further down the pecking order. Chelsea are reportedly asking £10 million for the midfielder but Galatasaray are willing to pay only £7 million. But Mikel is confident a deal can be struck soon between the two clubs and said, “I have played at Chelsea for a long time and it’s now time for me to leave. I’m still only 26 and it’s great to receive an offer from a club [Galatasaray] playing Champions League football and doing well in the competition. Talks have reached an advanced level between Chelsea and Galatasaray. Chelsea won’t make the move difficult and regarding my salary there won’t be a problem. All that is left is for the clubs to reach an agreement.” Chelsea meanwhile has brushed aside the rumour as make belief.
Re: Mou Sacks Mikel For Essien by frodobee: 7:44am On Jun 22, 2013
@texaco u knw say i dey follow you, na why i too dey comment for ur matter, but Chelsea matter? I no follow. I wish Mikel well in his career

(1) (Reply)

Funny Photo: Neymar's New Looks / Mystery Symbols In Brazil / Weather Girl Delivers Forecast Unclad After France Won World Cup Qualifiers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.