Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

...MOVED ON... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ...MOVED ON... (1114 Views)

May I Know Why My Post Was Deleted Or Moved? / Nnpc Recruitment Website Has Moved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

...MOVED ON... by Dedewizzy(m): 12:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
I just got an indirect offer for work at the Rivers State secretariat to resume on d 1st of July for 20000/month.. My question; is it advisable to accept it as i feel it might hamper my movements for job test and interviews as i‘ve already forwarded my cv to several places.. All your advice will be highly appreciated
Re: ...MOVED ON... by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2013
it all depends on how desperate you are.
Re: ...MOVED ON... by segiwest(m): 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
Please don't think twice, go for it. A bird in hand.
People kill to get any government work cos of job security.
If an option comes with time, you can always seek for leave or something.
Re: ...MOVED ON... by texaco1: 1:26pm On Jun 23, 2013
as long as there is no other concrete offer on ground ,take it and keep looking for another one .but u know at time opportunity and chance opens up for us where we least expect it to open.so my advice is TAKE THE JOB
Re: ...MOVED ON... by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 23, 2013
A chick in hand is worth more than a peacock in the bush. Please go for it but make sure the job gives you the chance to continue job hunting without interfering with your job performance. You don't want an angry boss as these people that pay peanuts are usually the most demanding.
Re: ...MOVED ON... by Gboliwe: 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2013
My first job as a graduate was for N18k with a private one man business. If I had seen a N20k govt job I would have embraced it with both hands.
Govt jobs give you more time and opportunity to move higher and make progress in this country. Go ahead and take it and put in the best you can
Re: ...MOVED ON... by Dedewizzy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
Thanks all for your responses, i appreciate

@MRbrownJAY as per been desperate i might agree to it a little.
..I just finished my service not quite long and i‘m not doin anthing currently
Re: ...MOVED ON... by chukxie(m): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
A breast in hand is better than two locked inside an iron clad bra! Take the offer presently available to you while you wait for a better one to come!
Re: ...MOVED ON... by DeanOlamide(m): 3:01pm On Jun 23, 2013
Manage it my dear, depending on what u r into nw.. But take and dont stop going for another.
Re: ...MOVED ON... by EmekaPrince(m): 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
God wnts to c hw u can take d little beginning. i married wit my wife doing a job of 20k n i a job of 5k. and 2day d story is different. go for if.
Re: ...MOVED ON... by Bluekapon(m): 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2013
EmekaPrince: God wnts to c hw u can take d little beginning. i married wit my wife doing a job of 20k n i a job of 5k. and 2day d story is different. go for if.

PLS, when was this? Could it be in those days when Naira had value or is it more recently? How did you do it? Cos I know pips who earn way more than that now and can't seem achieve anything with it.
Re: ...MOVED ON... by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
Dedewizzy: Thanks all for your responses, i appreciate

@MRbrownJAY as per been desperate i might agree to it a little.
..I just finished my service not quite long and i‘m not doin anthing currently

is doing "anything" better or necessary to you today than waiting to find something RIGHT? and how long can you wait before you take whatever comes your way?

none of us is in your shoes so we cant really say. you have to look within yourself and ask the important questions:
- do i NEED this job?
- do i have the luxury to turn it down?
- should i wait for something better?
Re: ...MOVED ON... by rodeo0070(m): 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
This is a similar thread. I hope this helps: www.nairaland.com/1308774/graduate#16010432

(1) (Reply)

Massive Graduate Vacancies At PROT Consulting Limited / Vacancies For Sale Executives / The Nigerian Institute Of Mechanical Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.