Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus (27206 Views)

7 Items Common To Every Student On Various Campus In Nigeria. / University Of Ibadan Student (graduate/undergraduate)Chat Room / Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by rodeo0070(m): 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
A police corporal, Ajisafe Amos, escaped being lynched yesterday by angry students of the University of Ibadan when he gave a 400-level student of the institution, Adewale Adegboyega, a hot chase and allegedly shot his car at the main entrance of the university.

Adegboyega, who is a student in the Department of Guidance and Counselling of the institution said he ran into the campus because he was not sure of his safety in the hands of the policemen he encountered.

The police corporal reportedly shot twice with one bullet hitting the rear tyre of the student’s car. As the students heard the gunshots, they reportedly scampered for safety for fear of stray bullets.

In protest of the action of the police team, the students led by the Student Union Government President, Babatunde Badmus, demanded the dismissal of the trigger-happy policeman.

He added that it was dangerous for a policeman to shoot in densely-populated institutions like the University of Ibadan. They seized the identity card of the police man to prevent possible denial that the the person that pulled the trigger was not a policeman.

According to the student leader; “This man Ajisafe Amos must face the wrath of the law. The IGP should see to this case and ensure that the man is dismissed from the force.

” We will not allow anybody to play with our lives. We shall resist any attempt to sweep the case under the carpet. We want justice.”

It was the timely intervention of the Divisional Police Officer of Sango, Syblle Akinfenwa that prevented the policeman from being lynched.

SOURCE: http://whatsupibadan.com/2013/06/23/policeman-fires-at-ui-student-on-ui-premises/#more-1493

5 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by ebucha: 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
Odi kwa very risky oh!

7 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by vizboy(m): 11:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
Na wa oh
Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Friedrich080(m): 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2013
OMG

1 Like

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by akraym(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2013
When will policemen begin to respect we Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2013
Na real Gobe for dis policeman.

And if we endeavour to probe to the reason for his action, e no go pass shekpe, paraga, monkeytail, alomo, ogidiga, palmwine, igbo, s.k influence. And need to shack up more.

5 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Okijajuju1(m): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2013
Very Professional move from the Police men I must say... I believe the standard Police procedure in a chase is to shoot out the tyres, do a pit manuever, deploy spkies or chase till they run out of gas.

Others would have shot to kill...

NOW!! Why were the students being chased by the Police?

Thats the million dollar question.

It may have been dangerous to shoot in a crowded area, but it was equally dangerous for a crazed student driver to be speeding to avoid arrest as well in a densely populated area..

34 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by oluwadare26(m): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2013
abi God wan purnish the NPF in general?.... I cant stand in front of a common policeman who possesses an ordinary sec sch certificate in which my tax is used to pay his Life Depending SALARY to prove my right again.., to let him know what the law says, i cant argue with him because i fear anything might come out of it..., and i luv my life past anything else

3 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2013
Nigerian police are the worst criminals in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by tellwisdom: 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
Please kill him now before he kills more people angry ..Anuofia angry angry

1 Like

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
When will these reckless police officers learn??

1 Like

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
God help us!

1 Like

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
God save us!

1 Like

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by stagger: 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2013
Okija_juju: Very Professional move from the Police men I must say... I believe the standard Police procedure in a chase is to shoot out the tyres, do a pit manuever, deploy spkies or chase till they run out of gas.

It may have been dangerous to shoot in a crowded area, but it was equally dangerous for a crazed student driver to be speeding to avoid arrest as well in a densely populated area..

Anu ohia! See argument!

11 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by misterh(m): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2013
o'boy, na serious matter o! If the bullet had hit a bystander nko? I know how busy and populated the entrance of UI is and it's just stupid and foolish to shoot in that situation.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by peejay4vision(m): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2013
When an uneducated person bribes his way to the force,what do you expect?we will in togetherness fight this to finish until Amos is brought to book.Great Uite....,nobody can stop us,except us.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Caracta(f): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2013
Okija_juju: Very Professional move from the Police men I must say... I believe the standard Police procedure in a chase is to shoot out the tyres, do a pit manuever, deploy spkies or chase till they run out of gas.

What are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Sciencs(m): 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
Hmmm!!....atimes I wonder if de knw d difference btw d life of human being n dat of a bushmeat.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by misterh(m): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2013

who should have known better? The student driving into the area or the policeman that shot in a populated area? Going by the antecedent of the NPF, i won't blame the student for trying to avoid the policeman. Extrajudicial killing is still rampant in the force.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by mysticgal(f): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
Thank God the students were civillised not have applied justice on their own but the student driver was also wrongundecided sha i still despise the men in black.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by ifeomabernard(f): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
that Police man was very lucky he would ave been ALUUED useless people

the police is your friend grin

1 Like

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Dygeasy(m): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2013

You Failed To Ask If The Policeman Was Wise Or Foolish In Chasing A Car With His Legs. From Where Was He Chasing The Student/Car? Which Leaves Another Question Unanswered, Was The Policeman In The Chase Alone? Where Were Other Policemen?

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
It is mostly in the Police Force that you see Animals being recruited.
Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
Why is the report one sided? Did the policeman just didn't like d face of the student he was chasing? Nothing is stating that the student did this or did not do that. Only that he was been chased by a police man who shot him. The police should be meant to face the law if he was reckless and the student shuld dance to the law against the crime he comited, if Any.

3 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by slap1(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2013

Arusi Okija, he shot the guy inside the university, which is not proper and quite risky, especially when you consider the possibility that the regular Nigerian policeman cannot target Rick Ross' chest from ten yards.

7 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Okijajuju1(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
stagger:

Anu ohia! See argument!

Lets see who the Anu Ohia is;

1. The article didnt tell us why the Police was chasing the Student.

2. The article didnt tell us why the Students were runing from the Police.

3. The Police aimed at the tyres of the car and not the driver, so it wasnt a shot to kill, but a shot to incapacitate the vehicle.

4. The fact that the shot from the officer was dangerous, does not also mitigate the fact that a speeding driver running from the police also posed just as much a threat as the bullet from the gun.

When you approch a matter, try to be logical.. If the Police man were to be armed like most officers, then he had an AK-47.. If he was aiming to kill, the occupants of that vehicle would have stood no chance.

This article is very inconclusive.. But everybody has attacked the police instead of asking the obviously missing questions.

11 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by mysticgal(f): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2013
tellwisdom: Please kill him now before he kills more people angry ..Anuofia angry angry

come and kill himangry and please dont let people see your stewpidityundecided
Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Linoversace: 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2013
...The student must have done something wrong for him to be chased by the police undecided
Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by pekelepekele(m): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2013
80% of Nigeria police are mentally ill . I saw one today staggering and altering nonsense alone in front of a police station , people should be careful with them once they ask for money just give it to them

1 Like

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
torhuke: Why is the report one sided? Did the policeman just didn't like d face of the student he was chasing? Nothing is stating that the student did this or did not do that. Only that he was been chased by a police man who shot at him or his car. The police should be meant to face the law if he was reckless and the student shuld dance to the law against the crime he comited, if Any.
Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Okijajuju1(m): 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
slap1: Arusi Okija, he shot the guy inside the university, which is not proper and quite risky, especially when you consider the possibility that the regular Nigerian policeman cannot target Rick Ross' chest from ten yards.

Lol @ target Rick Ross chest from ten yards... grin grin grin grin grin

Well.. I know for certain that the Police have no jurisdiction to arrest a person inside a University without due permission from the Vice Chancellor, so if this group chased a student into the school, then I would want to know why..

The students should have known that running from the police is not very intelligent.

A car is not faster than a bullet.

Speeding inside a University is just as dangerous as firing a gun inside one.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus by Adex097: 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
Thank God for the life of the Guy o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University / Female BSU Student Dies 3 Weeks After Her Graduation (Photos) / A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.