Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Where It All Went Wrong For The Eagles At The Confedrations Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Where It All Went Wrong For The Eagles At The Confedrations Cup (476 Views)

PHOTO: Super Eagles At Breakfast This Morning / Jonathan Congratulates The Eagles For Defeating Mali / President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where It All Went Wrong For The Eagles At The Confedrations Cup by Stormborn: 11:09pm On Jun 23, 2013
After watching the super eagles at the ongoing confedrations cup, i found out that there are places in the squad that seriously need tweeking. 1) Attack- the nigerian super eagles are lacking in this area, when we have those who can do very nice job there. In my opinion if the likes of osaze, ik uche,martins and anichebe had played this confed cup we would have finished 2nd or 1st in the group but the attacker we had were not able to finish their chances, so i beg coach keshi to add those player to emenike and also search for other good strikers and then we are good. 2) Mid-field- our midfielders are ok but we need rabiu ibrahim in that team and if possible ramon azeez so that we can control the game better and utilize ramon's long range passes. 3) Defence- like it or not we need taiye taiwo in our defence, echiejile is doing a very good work in that position put we need competition and also, keshi should tell the defenders to be always aware of the movement around them and to give opposition strikers close marking, they should also avoid leaving spaces for strikers to feed from and the should learn how to keep the off-side trap and also learn to have better communication skill with the goal keeper for better understanding. 4) Shooting- this is the area the super eagles need to train hard on because it seem none of them can shoot the ball to a good extent. If they should perfect their shooting then they will be terrific. This are the places i think the eagles need to improve on and if they can do that then they will be feared. Add any area that need improvement that u think i failed to include.

(1) (Reply)

Should Tahiti Be In Next Year's World Cup? / Rafa Benitez Hits At Mourinho, Praises Ancelotti / Nigeria And The Defeatist Mentality (sports)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.