Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Are Churches Helping Poor Members Enough? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Churches Helping Poor Members Enough? (742 Views)

Rich Churches Poor Members / Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members / Rich Churches, Poor Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Churches Helping Poor Members Enough? by godsonadex: 12:33pm On May 12, 2008
I am a bit worried, I think the church has taken it's eyes 'off the ball', if I am wrong, I hope God forgives me. I am a naija guy but been in the UK for 5yrs now, I consider myself to be a christian but when I look at the situation in Naija, I get sad, reason is because the churches are accumulating wealth while their members are living in pure abject poverty, if I recall, in the bible, fellowship is about sharing and making sure your brother or sister is not wanting but of course these mega-churches can see that majority of their members are suffering but they are not helping them, rather, some pastors provoke these people to bring EVERYTHING they have and God will surprise them (but not through the church, oh no!). These churches are becoming enterprising, good, is this money helping it's members I say NOOO!!! These churches are erecting universities and the works, is it helping the common church member?? NOOOOO!!!

I know some very 'STRONG CHRISTIANS' will say if this people are poor, it must be because of their sins or because they can't be helped or that if they really are christians then they shouldn't be poor, I will say to those people to read their bible because in reality, not everyone can be rich and even if these people are sinners, does that give the church the right not to help them

Please guys tell me what you think about this and let me know if I am getting over the top. Cheers 4 reading. God bless.
Re: Are Churches Helping Poor Members Enough? by godsonadex: 1:05pm On May 12, 2008
Yes they are old alright, and rich!!! I am speaking based on known facts, these churches have millions of Naira stuck away in various accounts.

(1) (Reply)

Living The Question--evangelical Christianity And Critical Thought / Where Is The Garden Of Eden Now? / Free Book For All My Friends And Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.