Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,974 members, 7,863,472 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:24 PM

We Are All Accountable And Responsible For The State Of The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are All Accountable And Responsible For The State Of The Nation (425 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Rivers Election: Hold Buhari Accountable For Violence, Loss Of Lives - Fayose / Man Sleeping While INEC Chairman Was Adressing The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are All Accountable And Responsible For The State Of The Nation by haven2010: 11:37am On Jun 24, 2013
What is it that motivates people to protest for weeks. how can they sustain their passion and drive so tirelessly? Brazil, Bulgaria, Turkey.... i do not like violence but i wonder if Nigerians will ever feel this much discontent with the system to stand up and say No More.

NUC just succeeded in dismantling an Engineering department in University of Abuja, where was NUC when the department was set up, how long does it take to review the department and decide, where is the minister for Education, Where is ASUU in all of this? The civil service is filled with a lot of inefficient, corrupt, and sometimes idle workers whose voices are only heard when NLC/TUC is fighting for salary increase yet the NLC/TUC has never to the best of my knowledge stood up to demand efficiency and effectiveness from their workers.

I see young people sending me BBM on the entertainment industry, when will they use BBM or twitter to demand their libraries stocked with books, their hostels and classrooms renovated, their curriculum or syllabus updated to reflect present economic and technological realities?

When would the NBA demand the review of laws that are so outdated and archaic they barely make any sense, when will the Nigerian Medical Association demand for upgraded equipment in their hospitals, empathy from nurses and doctors as they treat patients, when would we demand that public hospitals treat people before demanding payment, when would we stop being religious and be spiritual?
The people who steal from public funds, who fill the drainage with filth, who use one way to avoid traffic, who increase rent incessantly, who expect their brothers or sisters who are in government to steal and 'share' the 'national cake' with them, who think that you must support someone mainly on religious, tribal sentiments not minding their lack of vision or ideas to make things happen, all of us who would rather complain and point fingers instead of doing something, all of us who are compelled to pray and fast for even the basic things which normal governments provide without splashing it on the pages of newspapers.

Aren't we all Muslims and Christians, praying five times a day, fasting and praying from one prayer camp to the next. Would we ever be pained enough to become the change we want to see?......

People are dying from lack of basic medical care that they cannot afford, landlords build houses with cheap materials and demand crazy rent, drivers increase fares at the slightest excuse, lecturers demand you give them verbatim the handouts they give you which is even plagiarized research, young people pray and complain about no jobs, yes because there are no jobs, but then again because some of them are too lazy to stretch themselves, think outside the box and become solution providers, aren't we tired of waiting for heaven to solve problems that heaven is waiting on us to solve?
I see underage children street-hawking and it breaks my heart, yet i know Christians and Muslims whose nannies are not any older than their children all because they don't want their husbands to go after the nannies, and we all pray everyday....

Let us be the change we desperately seek, we are all guilty because one little way or another, we have made the nation what it is. What can we do, what can i do, what can you do? There has to be something, no matter how little....there just has to be something....aaaarrrgggg

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fear Of Demolition Grips Surulere Community In Lagos / Nigeria Receives N2.08trn From Global Agencies / Recruit More Men Against Insurgence, says Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.