Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! (1572 Views)

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / I Saw These Pastors In Hell Fire (a Must Read) / I Saw These Pastors In Hell Fire [a Must Read] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
Pastor Adeboye,
Bishop David Oyedepo,
Pastor Kumuyi
Pastor DK Oyedepo,
Rev. Chris Okotie,
Pastor Oyakilome
Beni Hinn
Kenneth E Hegins. And so many more I can't mention.

Religion is the best tool to bring most people under slavery of the mind and ask no question about it. All these pastors work for the same elite group that control the world.

Religion put fear into your heart, and make you not to speak up because of the fear of the unknown (which they told you while growing up).

Religion makes us not to voice out our views. We say that "God knows".. God works in a mysterious way" .. "God cannot be questioned" etc etc. These are most terms used to keep us silent or used by these pastors to" shut us up".

Can I ask you? How many times has God really came to fight for anybody? Most revolutions were not done by God coming down on earth, but men themselves. They changed history, made new things happen. Denmark, is known to be a country that practice no religion and yet it is the most progressive (or one of) country in the world.

These pastors are part of the elites, pushing an agenda (which I don't know), (but obvious) all for a common goal.

Come to think of it, for the past 30 years or so that some of these pastors, what have they really achieved for humanity, if not personal gains

They say these pastors are the reason why d world hasn't broken down, but you and I know that that is a pure lie.

Thank God for science and technology, some of us will still be in the bronze age.

The unbelievable fact is, while education, money and several institutions are man made, so also religion is man made.

If the bible was so sexist in its nature, it is obvious that the bible was written by primitive men according to the laws and custom of that time.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Kezben(m): 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
solidbroda: Pastor Adeboye,
Bishop David Oyedepo,
Pastor Kumuyi
Pastor DK Oyedepo,
Rev. Chris Okotie,
Pastor Oyakilome
Beni Hinn

Religion is the best tool to bring most people under slavery of the mind and ask no question about it. All these pastors work for the same elite group that control the world.

Religion put fear into your heart, and make you not to speak up because of the fear of the unknown (which they told you while growing up).

Religion makes us not to voice out our views. We say that "God knows".. God works in a mysterious way" .. "God cannot be questioned" etc etc. These are most terms used to keep us silent or used by these pastors to" shut us up".

Can I ask you? How many times has God really came to fight for anybody? Most revolutions were not done by God coming down on earth, but men themselves. They changed history, made new things happen. Denmark, is known to be a country that practice no religion and yet it is the most progressive (or one of) country in the world.

These pastors are part of the elites, pushing an agenda (which I don't know), (but obvious) all for a common goal.

Come to think of it, for the past 30 years or so that some of these pastors, what have they really achieved for humanity, if not personal gains

They say these pastors are the reason why d world hasn't broken down, but you and I know that that is a pure lie.

Thank God for science and technology, some of us will still be in the bronze age.

The unbelievable fact is, while education, money and several institutions are man made, so also religion is man made.

If the bible was so sexist in its nature, it is obvious that the bible was written by primitive men according to the laws and custom of that time.
what have you been smoking?
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 3:56am On Jun 25, 2013
I feel your pain bro!

I am yet to see a pastor telling the congreagation to free their minds by reading on other religions/atheism/deism. They always point to bible passage that will keep the church members docile
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by UyiIredia(m): 4:43am On Jun 25, 2013
I quite agree. As I insinuated earlier, even my pastor likely doesn't bother contemplating other view-points, this I inferred from his shunning of a question a church member once asked which implied evolution. One can admire the consistency and non-conformist attitude to his Christian beliefs, unfortunately it may hinder him from appreciating the wisdom in antagonistic views. The knocks on Christianity for institutionalized close-mindedness is in order.

Of course, atheism I find disappointing, especially for a group that appellates itself 'free-thinkers'. Their practice of the term mostly means castigating religions (especially the Big 3) and reinforcing their philosophy and evolution. Of course, for a while I explored other philosophies from the stand-point of a Christian and in the process metamorphised into a Christian that was IMO unorthodox. Not to mention that I now find the crucifixion untenable. So I think the 'boat of deism' gives me more leeway to continue exploring. Of course, I must say I'm tending towards a monist view (QUITE similar to Spinoza's). Of course, I maintain my current stand is tentative but I say there's 1% chance I'll be an atheist.

I end this by stating that free-thinking truly means the willingness to consider an idea or thought as said or written. The willingness to critique one's cherished beliefs instead of merely reinforcing them. The ability to admit the wisdom to be gleamed from opposing beliefs.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 25, 2013
Kezben: what have you been smoking?
Please, think deeper before you post a comment and see things clearly. Tnx @logicboy, @Uyi, tnx too. What a good expression of your opinion. smiley
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:16am On Jun 25, 2013
I remember the catechist telling us that reading any other religious book except catholic ones was a great unpardonable sin against the holy spirit. One way ticket to hell fire. How that kept me in ignorance for years until one day when I was so bored I grabed a book called America in Prophecy which didn't look like a religious book but after a while started opening my eyes as to the real barbaric nature of the catholic church.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by ninja4life(m): 6:44am On Jun 25, 2013
well written,its just exactky how most of my bible teachers reply me when i was young to simple questions with reply like u cant question god,god does wat he want,only god knows etc wtf.well but i'm more objective in my thinking now and will not take those bullshit like b4
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
I end this by stating that free-thinking truly means the willingness to consider an idea or thought as said or written. The willingness to critique one's cherished beliefs instead of merely reinforcing them. The ability to admit the wisdom to be gleamed from opposing beliefs.
Indeed, free-thinking is not exclusive to atheism.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
Of course, atheism I find disappointing, especially for a group that appellates itself 'free-thinkers'. Their practice of the term mostly means castigating religions (especially the Big 3) and reinforcing their philosophy and evolution.
Funny thing is I doubt that if 'GOD' shows up, any of the 'religions' would be able to identify him as theirs.

IMO, the deist's god is more of an idea(as to how the universe was created), than a being.

That's why I finally switched to atheism. grin
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by UyiIredia(m): 7:39am On Jun 25, 2013
musKeeto:
Funny thing is I doubt that if 'GOD' shows up, any of the 'religions' would be able to identify him as theirs.

IMO, the deist's god is more of an idea(as to how the universe was created), than a being.

That's why I finally switched to atheism. grin

The case for deism is an argument for another day. I'll interpret the bolded as God being different from the way The Big 3 characterize it. Does your family know about your atheism ?
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by deols(f): 7:43am On Jun 25, 2013
Even Op doesnt realise that he is being used for a purpose.

You think you have free will but you dont, like many of the other pawns in the game.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

The case for deism is an argument for another day. I'll interpret the bolded as God being different from the way The Big 3 characterize it. Does your family know about your atheism ?
My dad suspects. Mom has no clue. I find myself repeating 'Amen' to her prayers whenever we speak over the phone. My brother and an uncle are fully aware. It was a shock to my brother though, as some years back, I was the one preaching to him.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 25, 2013
deols: Even Op doesnt realise that he is being used for a purpose.

You think you have free will but you dont, like many of the other pawns in the game.
Who's playing? How many?
Who wins at the end? Can the pawns ever decipher the thoughts of the players?
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by UyiIredia(m): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2013
musKeeto:
My dad suspects. Mom has no clue. I find myself repeating 'Amen' to her prayers whenever we speak over the phone. My brother and an uncle are fully aware. It was a shock to my brother though, as some years back, I was the one preaching to him.

Hmmn. Okay.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 25, 2013
deols: Even Op doesnt realise that he is being used for a purpose.

thank you for the comment. However, before I elaborate on this, could you kindly clarify what you mean by "being used for a purpose"? What purpose actually? And do u know how it feels to have an holistic view of the world than seeing the world in one angle like a child who's Autistic by nature?
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 25, 2013
solidbroda: Pastor Adeboye,
Bishop David Oyedepo,
Pastor Kumuyi
Pastor DK Oyedepo,
Rev. Chris Okotie,
Pastor Oyakilome
Beni Hinn

God is light. In him is no darkness at all. If u claim to know God, and you still walk in the darkness of sin, you're a liar. The reason i believe in jesus is because no other name saves from sin. Its real simple. I reiterate; Sin is the problem. Science cant deal with sin. Science helps, but tell me how it stops you from lying, stealing, thinking vain thoughts, death. Jesus has saved me from sin. Simple. Stop fighting God. You'll answer to him one day. And dont decieve yourself like logic boy who thinks he will rain abuses and questions on God, who thinks hes smart. Paul who once fought against him was struck blind by his glory. Dont fight God.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 25, 2013
Chibuebem: God is light. In him is no darkness at all. If u claim to know God, and you still walk in the darkness of sin, you're a liar. The reason i believe in jesus is because no other name saves from sin. Its real simple. I reiterate; Sin is the problem. Science cant deal with sin. Science helps, but tell me how it stops you from lying, stealing, thinking vain thoughts, death. Jesus has saved me from sin. Simple. Stop fighting God. You'll answer to him one day. And dont decieve yourself like logic boy who thinks he will rain abuses and questions on God, who thinks hes smart. Paul who once fought against him was struck blind by his glory. Dont fight God.
funny. But, I'm fighting against no one.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 25, 2013
solidbroda: funny. But, I'm fighting against no one.
whats so funny? ...are you saved from sin?
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 25, 2013
Chibuebem: whats so funny? ...are you saved from sin?
before I answer ur question, can you please define what sin is? smiley
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 25, 2013
Chibuebem:
God is light. In him is no darkness at all.
Nonsense.

Chibuebem:
If u claim to know God, and you still walk in the darkness of sin, you're a liar.
Not really. You're Christian, right?
1 John 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Chibuebem:
The reason i believe in jesus is because no other name saves from sin. Its real simple. I reiterate; Sin is the problem.
How does Jesus' name save from sin? People call on Jesus everyday and keep 'sinning'. What is this salvation from sin?

Chibuebem:
Science cant deal with sin. Science helps, but tell me how it stops you from lying, stealing, thinking vain thoughts, death.

Chibuebem:
Jesus has saved me from sin. Simple. Stop fighting God. You'll answer to him one day.
He'll have to answer to me first.

Chibuebem:
And dont decieve yourself like logic boy who thinks he will rain abuses and questions on God, who thinks hes smart.
Yeah, the kingdom of God's for the foolish.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 25, 2013
@Muskeeto grin nice analysis
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by deols(f): 10:37am On Jun 25, 2013
@muskeeto

Who's playing?

it is between the good and the bad. The right and the wrong

How many?
check above

Who wins at the end?

The judgement day is when that is told. The evil doers then wish they had listened.

Can the pawns ever decipher the thoughts of the players?

They may be able to or not. Usually they are driven by their own ego, one reason you may not pity them.

On another level, they simply were doomed to fail. Then, you wish you could help them out and pray/ work hard that you don't ever fall into their category.

ln essence the world wasnt made to involve only the Good ones. The bad even make the world happen.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by deols(f): 11:06am On Jun 25, 2013
solidbroda: thank you for the comment. However, before I elaborate on this, could you kindly clarify what you mean by "being used for a purpose"? What purpose actually? And do u know how it feels to have an holistic view of the world than seeing the world in one angle like a child who's Autistic by nature?

There is only a few things that you decide. Like you couldnt determine your sex, tell the family you wanted. You have no power over your life.

You could even not study well and pass an exam and you could do good at an interview and not get the job.

There are forces at work.You think you read books that strengthen your faith or help you out of religion but the writers' aim, you have helped him achieve. The writer is a player.You are the pawn.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by UyiIredia(m): 12:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
musKeeto:

This is the reason why I butted in. Science really doesn't ponder moral questions, we have ethics for that. Sam Harris, was an atheist who tried to advance the notion (in his book, 'The Moral Landscape') that science could and should measure human morality. He suggested something along
utilitarian lines but he was opposed, mostly by New Atheists like himself.

musKeeto: He'll have to answer to me first.

Aye ! I too will like to hold the dude accountable.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by UyiIredia(m): 12:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
deols:

There is only a few things that you decide. Like you couldnt determine your sex, tell the family you wanted. You have no power over your life.

You could determine your sexual behavior, your relationship with your family and the goals you wanna achieve in life.

deols:
You could even not study well and pass an exam and you could do good at an interview and not get the job.

I did the bolded part. Deep Sight has done the rest.

deols:
There are forces at work.You think you read books that strengthen your faith or help you out of religion but the writers' aim, you have helped him achieve. The writer is a player.You are the pawn.

The person chooses the books to read or not to read. The person agrees or disagrees with the writer.

Moral: Life is not solely deterministic. It involves an inter-play between free-will and determinism. Determination is a product of free-will and the application of free-will results in what's determined.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
deols:
it is between the good and the bad. The right and the wrong

I don't thing you got my question. If we are the pawns, who controls us? What is the objective of the game?
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
deols:

ok, I don't determine my sex, family, God determines it right? God determines those that will be born into war, fermine, poverty zones and God also determines those that will be born into peaceful, sweet zones. God also determines that someone will be born into a muslim family, christian family, atheist family. Why is your God confused lady? Why can't your God determine to create everybody equally. If christianity is the best why cnt your God determine that only those that are christians will have kids etc?

You could not study well and pass an exam blah blah blah... That's what we call luck! Afterall, nastrodemus was not a christian nor religious 'guy' before he could predict the future. he was lucky to be gifted. The only force behind him is luck.

After all, you have maybe a fine face, round a**, two holes between ur legs, and maybe a bosom that is sexy, moderate or big? If you do have all these attributes, you are lucky, no forces are behind that. Some other women don't, they are unlucky.

Obviously, you have 2 eyes, you closed the two, even though, only one is begging to be opened and yet you are not opening... Open you mind for knowledge.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
musKeeto:

Hypocrite!
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by manmustwac(m): 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
Where were our our so called Pastors when the masses were protesting against the removal of the fuel subsidy? You will never see a any nigerian Pastor like the llate Aficam American called Reverend Martin Luther King who fought for the rights of the black minorities in the 1950s & 1960s the man eventually lost his life but won his cause.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Hypocrite!

No be your mama na...
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by UyiIredia(m): 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
manmustwac: Where were our our so called Pastors when the masses were protesting against the removal of the fuel subsidy? You will never see a any nigerian Pastor like the llate Aficam American called Reverend Martin Luther King who fought for the rights of the black minorities in the 1950s & 1960s the man eventually lost his life but won his cause.

Tunde Bakare actively participated in the protest. It is likely affliate pastors to him also participated as well.
Re: The Truth About Religion; All These Pastors Also Know! by vedaxcool(m): 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
the iou would have made sense have the proponent brought a shred of evidence to tell us how he came to the conclusion, that pastorder actually know what he claims they know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

100 Days Fasting(rccg) Begins Today! / Dr. Myles Munroe And Wife Die In Plane Crash / Chris Oyakhilome & Wife Reconcile As Alleged Mistress Threatens To Go On War.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.