Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,376 members, 7,954,523 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

Audi Gurus Pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi Gurus Pls Help (1945 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Help! Auto Transmission Gurus, Pls What Is P0705 / 2005 Audi A4 Vs 2000 Honda Accord (baby Boy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audi Gurus Pls Help by elviszzz: 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
Hi Nairalanders,please i need your advice on this, i drive an Audi A6 1999 2.8 v6 quattro and recently my car was flooded which later affected the ecu (transmission) brainbox. Bought another brainbox recently,it was plugged and my mechanic said there is no communication between the scanner and the brainbox. what do i do to bring back communication? Will really appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 24, 2013
Elvis, could you please post the part numbers of your original TCU, as well as the replacement? Or simply photograph pictures of both, and post them here.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by elviszzz: 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
Thanks for your response Mr Sienna. The part number is 4BO-927-156 G, the new one is a bit different,its almost d same number as the old one but has about 2 different alphabets/numbers. I asked the mechanic how come both are a bit different n he said the new one is an equivalent to the old. I will have the new part number posted here tomorrow. What do u think Bozz?
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
^^^ I've checked the Audi A6 2,8 30V Quattro. There are no supercessions showing, so you NEED the same part number. Just one different alphabet at the end can mean it won't communicate with the Bosch Motronic ECU.

Your car needs a replacement TCU with the same part number as the original.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by elviszzz: 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
Thanks Mr Sienna, the old one too doesn't communicate with the scanner
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
^^^ It probably won't communicate, if it's been immersed in water.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by elviszzz: 9:00am On Jun 25, 2013
Ok Bozz, what battery size i.e recommended capacity do I need to power my car.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by elviszzz: 5:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
Mr Sienna, my mechanic was able to make d scanner communicate wit d ecu brainbox by adjusting some fuses but d new brainbox couldn't powwer d car cos its not a perfect match in terms of part number. Looking forward to getting another brainbox soon,will let you know the outome. Thanks.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by ihimami: 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
elviszzz: Mr Sienna, my mechanic was able to make d scanner communicate wit d ecu brainbox by adjusting some fuses but d new brainbox couldn't powwer d car cos its not a perfect match in terms of part number. Looking forward to getting another brainbox soon,will let you know the outome. Thanks.

Just go to Iyana Itere, you will find the exact no there, don't rely on the mechanic's judgment, most of them are not very sincere and he may end up messing your car for you.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
elviszzz: Mr Sienna, my mechanic was able to make d scanner communicate wit d ecu brainbox by adjusting some fuses but d new brainbox couldn't powwer d car cos its not a perfect match in terms of part number.

Bro, I don't know what else to say. You are aware the TCU is the wrong one, yet you're allowing this guy to "adjust some fuses." I pray you don't end up with an electrical fire, or worse.

Good luck.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by ihimami: 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
Siena:

Bro, I don't know what else to say. You are aware the TCU is the wrong one, yet you're allowing this guy to "adjust some fuses." I pray you don't end up with an electrical fire, or worse.

Good luck.

I have followed you on this forum and I am highly impressed by your submissions on Audi issues. How I wish you are based in Nigeria so that one can easily have access to you. I am an AUDI fan, my first car was Audi 80, follow by 1998 Nissan Maxima, then 2000 Audi A6 2.7T which really drain my pocket because of in experience, but then I am a very positive person and always tell people that Audi produces the best ride but that our Mechanics are the problem and that is why people misses out the excitement of AUDI due to fear factors on maintenance in Nigeria. The issues that I had with my 2.7T was transmission. I bought the car in 2008 and took it for service at Gbagada opposite VW Centre and the Mechanic decided to change the transmission oil, and while I was travelling with the car to Abuja from Lagos, the transmission oil liked without my knowledge yet the car took me to Abuja before break down. As at that time it was difficult to get the transmission replace because it was not available in Nigeria and in trying to get it repaired I spent well over N500K and end up converting it to manual transmission. I used the car for the next three year and gave it to my senior brother in 2011 and he is still using it till today. After this I bought the 2003 A6 2.7T again which I enjoy thoroughly because it is lighter than the previous model and very fast. I sold the car to buy the 2005 3.2 A6 model this year and really enjoying the machine. The secret to enjoy this car is to not rely solely on our local Mechanics judgments all the time and it is not every thing you leave for them to handle, I always stay with them when I go for service and go with them to buy parts at the market when they need one and I never had cause to complain since then.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by elviszzz: 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
[quote author=Siena]

Good luck.
[/quote

Due to the effect of the flood some fuses had to be changed to enhance communication from scanner to tcu... Now it scans well and am soon to get a new TCU, tanks for your advice, i appreciate Mr Sienna.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by elviszzz: 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2013
[quote author=ihimami]

I have followed you on this forum and I am highly impressed by your submissions on Audi issues. How I wish you are based in Nigeria so that one can easily have access to you. I am an AUDI fan, my first car was Audi 80, follow by 1998 Nissan Maxima, then 2000 Audi A6 2.7T which really drain my pocket because of in experience, but then I am a very positive person and always tell people that Audi produces the best ride but that our Mechanics are the problem and that is why people misses out the excitement of AUDI due to fear factors on maintenance in Nigeria. The issues that I had with my 2.7T was transmission. I bought the car in 2008 and took it for service at Gbagada opposite VW Centre and the Mechanic decided to change the transmission oil, and while I was travelling with the car to Abuja from Lagos, the transmission oil liked without my knowledge yet the car took me to Abuja before break down. As at that time it was difficult to get the transmission replace because it was not available in Nigeria and in trying to get it repaired I spent well over N500K and end up converting it to manual transmission. I used the car for the next three year and gave it to my senior brother in 2011 and he is still using it till today. After this I bought the 2003 A6 2.7T again which I enjoy thoroughly because it is lighter than the previous model and very fast. I sold the car to buy the 2005 3.2 A6 model this year and really enjoying the machine. The secret to enjoy this car is to not rely solely on our local Mechanics judgments all the time and it is not every thing you leave for them to handle, I always stay with them when I go for service and go with them to buy parts at the market when they need one and I never had cause to complain since then. [/quote

I love the 2005 Audi a6 quattro,Audi all d way....these cars are solid anytime anyday. I have no regrets of driving one at all.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
elviszzz: Due to the effect of the flood some fuses had to be changed to enhance communication from scanner to tcu... Now it scans well and am soon to get a new TCU, tanks for your advice, i appreciate Mr Sienna.

If this is what your mechanic told you bro, he's telling you porkies. What he's done is bridge some connections to get the TCU to communicate.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to simply wait till your replacement TCU turned up, fit it then attempt scanning? I'm just concerned power could end up going where it shouldn't.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by elviszzz: 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2013
Mr Siena,I recently replaced d TCU and had it programmed,after driving a while I noticed when I engage d gear for eg on drive,it would fail to appear on the dash and same goes when I put the gear in neutral and reverse. I scanned the transmission and found error message "multifunction switch" "implausible signal intermittent", apart from this I noticed drivers seat malfunction,the seat moves on its own,it moves forward from position and stops moving making it impossible for an adult to sit,the side glasses malfunctions too. How do I rectify all these? Will appreciate your response,thanks Mr Siena.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
elviszzz: Mr Siena,I recently replaced d TCU and had it programmed,after driving a while I noticed when I engage d gear for eg on drive,it would fail to appear on the dash and same goes when I put the gear in neutral and reverse. I scanned the transmission and found error message "multifunction switch" "implausible signal intermittent", apart from this I noticed drivers seat malfunction,the seat moves on its own,it moves forward from position and stops moving making it impossible for an adult to sit,the side glasses malfunctions too. How do I rectify all these? Will appreciate your response,thanks Mr Siena.

The TCU wouldn't need programming, only the ECU would need reprogramming. From what you previously posted, you fitted a TCU with a different part number to your original.

Since your seats and windows are also malfunctioning, I would say there's moisture somewhere where it shouldn't be.
Re: Audi Gurus Pls Help by elviszzz: 11:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
Siena:

The TCU wouldn't need programming, only the ECU would need reprogramming. From what you previously posted, you fitted a TCU with a different part number to your original.

Since your seats and windows are also malfunctioning, I would say there's moisture somewhere where it shouldn't be.

My current TCU has the same part number as the former. As for programming,my mechanic used the word just to make some bucks out of me I guess.

(1) (Reply)

Best Car Scanner To Buy! / Car Restoration Project(mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, 2door Convertible 2005 Model) / Please I Need Help With My 1997 Toyota Camry Making It Work Perfectly Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.