Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,321 members, 7,867,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:01 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (264775 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
completing it all....... had to make sure the mix is right.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
wet casting......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
completed portions

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
spyder880: completed portions

Oga Spyder.. Do you have to complete the concrete parapet in one day like most deckings, or you can do them in bits..
Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder.. Do you have to complete the concrete parapet in one day like most deckings, or you can do them in bits..
Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

Always better to be cast in a day, in my earlier works, I did not like the result of the two day cast.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 11:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
spyder880:

Always better to be cast in a day, in my earlier works, I did not like the result of the two day cast.

Thank you for the lessons.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:19am On Sep 07, 2013
Loving it
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by adegbitetunji(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
Anyone here familiar with polystyrene external cornice (parapets..as its called here anyways)...if u try them once...u'd totally ignore concrete...the only sad thing is I worked with it once, and I didn't get to know where my boss got them...wondering if anyone here has used it too...great work chief spyder...
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
adegbitetunji: Anyone here familiar with polystyrene parapets...

We will appreciate it if you can get a picture of it and show is here.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by adegbitetunji(m): 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
We will appreciate it if you can get a picture of it and show is here.

Hajji Mufutau
[/quote]

...There you go sire...ama get the company making this stuff in NG...we used it in abuja...am sure the company or her retail outlet is in abuja...if u ever use that stuff...damn its d bomb...lightweight, flexible design, easy to install...less $$, less material...less load on the building...concrete cornice sucks $$$, add extra load, its not flexible, u can't change in future without jeopardizing d structural detail of the building...etc

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2013
adegbitetunji: We will appreciate it if you can get a picture of it and show is here.
Hajji Mufutau
...There you go sire...ama get the company making this stuff in NG...we used it in abuja...am sure the company or her retail outlet is in abuja...if u ever use that stuff...damn its d bomb...lightweight, flexible design, easy to install...less $$, less material...less load on the building...concrete cornice sucks $$$, add extra load, its not flexible, u can't change in future without jeopardizing d structural detail of the building...etc

Thank you very much.. Is there a web site for the manufacturer or retail outlet in Nigeria where one can see howit is implemented or installed and other info. I am sure other people will appreciate this too. Thank you.

May be we should move this thread to the Parapet discussion thread opened by Spyder880 too with link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/756427/parapet-concrete-fascia-other-roofing/2

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2013
adegbitetunji: We will appreciate it if you can get a picture of it and show is here.

Hajji Mufutau

I wish we can continue this discussion on the parapet thread. We nned to tap into this new technology. I have an appointment to view the one done with foam in this Rivers state.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 6:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
spyder880:

I wish we can continue this discussion on the parapet thread. We nned to tap into this new technology. I have an appointment to view the one done with foam in this Rivers state.

As you can see in my earlier post.. we have moved it to the Parapet thread and it's already going on there.. it's one of your many threads too. Please let us know how it goes at Rivers state.
BTW.. How far is your Enugu to Port Harcourt?
Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2013
mufutau55:

As you can see in my earlier post.. we have moved it to the Parapet thread and it's already going on there.. it's one of your many threads too. Please let us know how it goes at Rivers state.
BTW.. How far is your Enugu to Port Harcourt?
Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

Yes I have seen the discussion continue on the other thread, we need to try out that type here in Nigeria. Enugu is 3 hours away from PH on road.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2013
We have landed on site, all the wood required to roof this house, wood work starts by Monday. More pictures shortly.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
spyder880:

Yes I have seen the discussion continue on the other thread, we need to try out that type here in Nigeria. Enugu is 3 hours away from PH on road.

Thanks oga Spyder.. no be small journey oh. Good road?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
Casting completed, wood removed on the surface

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
mufutau55:

Thanks oga Spyder.. no be small journey oh. Good road?

Hajji Mufutau

Terrible road, Okigwe to Umuahia is exceptionally bumpy.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
the wood

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
we treated the wood for termites today.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
We are roofing ready.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
I discovered a place in PH where we could buy the tiles we need for this house......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2013
more colors

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2013
these are tiles for senior boys

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
too many textures to select your choices

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
more...

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Sep 07, 2013
you will be surprised at the wide variety of tiles

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 12:32am On Sep 08, 2013
spyder880: you will be surprised at the wide variety of tiles

Nice tiles.. what is the average cost per square meters? That's my next project.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by achi4u(m): 12:57am On Sep 08, 2013
I have seen hw those rods am talking about disappeared grin
But this thing go chop plenty money o.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by walemglobal: 1:19am On Sep 08, 2013
Folks, you can contact the company for the said light weight Polycoat Cornice in Nigeria just for those that do not know about them

Head Office & Factory
Plot 416 Idu Industrial Area
Phase 1 Abuja F.C.T
Tel: +234 9- 8701816 - 7

Their Website here too in case you wish to read more about the product: polyindustries DOT com DOT ng

ALSO you may wish to check us out for your CCTV Surveillance System- LIVE CCTV MONITORING ON A MOBILE PHONE FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. https://www.nairaland.com/1412986/live-cctv-monitoring-mobile-phone
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
Everyone rested today in this site, work continues tomorrow as the carpenters, plumbers and electricians all combine to add more beauty to this elegant structure. Plastering starts very soon as I plan to start bringing in more materials tomorrow.

This is the finishing stage of this building and all care is being taken to make it as smooth and polished as it deserves. Remember I named it a mansion, this is when it should be proven.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
achi4u: I have seen hw those rods am talking about disappeared grin
But this thing go chop plenty money o.

Good soup usually cost plenty money grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.