Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (263950 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
Back of the house.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
Wall edge designs being done......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 11:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
spyder880: Back of the house.

Beautifully done.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by princeonx: 3:08am On Oct 24, 2013
spyder880: Wall edge designs being done......
Can't wait to see how you'll fit that!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 24, 2013
prince_onx:
Like I said before, I love this house. One thing you can't take away from Nigerians no matter their financial status is STYLE

Oh! Its not a house, its a mansion!
I love this mansion
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
Loving it
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by tlops(m): 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
nice job and TGIF

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:38am On Oct 25, 2013
kaeyame:
Like I said before, I love this house. One thing you can't take away from Nigerians no matter their financial status is STYLE

Oh! Its not a house, its a mansion!
I love this mansion

Its a mansion my man, I love it too. cheesy

Fhemmmy: Loving it

Baba you are correct, nothing do you!

prince_onx:

Just wait a few day Sir, and its done, thanks for coming around.

tlops: nice job and TGIF

On a Thursday? That one na TGIT grin grin
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:53am On Oct 25, 2013
I have been searching for square shaped balusters made of concrete in the PH area, this is the way my client wants it.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:56am On Oct 25, 2013
Although with limited time on my hands, I could only find these, with a rough finish. I found out they were cast using a concrete mold which has the insides also rough.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:58am On Oct 25, 2013
I still found places where some smooth products are made in the city......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 2:00am On Oct 25, 2013
But they only have circular shaped balusters on the quality I seek to buy. The search continues today.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 2:02am On Oct 25, 2013
Meanwhile, back at the site we are doing some windows.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2013
spyder880: But they only have circular shaped balusters on the quality I seek to buy. The search continues today.
Sir Spider, Which part if this mansion are you fitting the Balusters
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kingdvd(m): 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
General Spyder you have done well
what is the total cost at this stage? separate the various section costs to give us an idea and for future plan. if you can.
thank you bro
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:24am On Oct 26, 2013
The looks of the house from the left wing, some windows going in,

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:25am On Oct 26, 2013
Many more works going on inside the house, work continues today.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:26am On Oct 26, 2013
azora: Sir Spider, Which part if this mansion are you fitting the Balusters

The balusters will be fitted to the staircase, forming a neat handrail.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:38am On Oct 26, 2013
kingdvd: General Spyder you have done well
what is the total cost at this stage? separate the various section costs to give us an idea and for future plan. if you can.
thank you bro

1. Foundation N 3.4m
2. Ground floor N 1.4m
3. Decking N 2.4m
4. First floor N 1.9m
5. Parapet and roofing N 4.2m
6. Finish ....... Still in progress.

Please note that this is no ordinary house plan, there are lots of added features at every stage that added to the construction costs. The style alone is not the simple, everyday patterns we see everywhere. Look at the parapet alone, the windows, the frontal arcs, the roof type and the other designs still being made now.

This house is different, a mansion on its own.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by nettan: 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
spyder880: I love building houses, and the attendant challenges that will inevitably come with it. I love making things happen, and working with skilled men to use materials in creating beautiful designs that will make a superb home. I have just been contracted by a

Nairalander to build his house in Port Harcourt. The details are as follows;

Project: A 5 bedroom executive duplex
Client : A Nairalander
Duration: 60 days
Project cost: N8.8m (Foundation-roofing, materials and labour)[quote author=spyder880]

This project will start this week as we arrange to travel down to the city and start work. This house comes with all the latest designs in modern building, granite, decent room arrangement with bigger bedrooms, internal plumbing and electricals, special parapet cornice, stone coated roofing tiles, everything.......

Top class job Spyder.. but bugdet overrun is quite big. N13.1 M compared to N8.8M initial estimate
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by anonimi: 12:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
Make I also try to bookmark this thread.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by cruxkhalif: 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
A budget overrun of 50% speaks volumes about your expertise in costing a project, considering there was no significant change in the cost of materials since you began construction. 50% increase...! Or did you give the owner the 8.8M figure just to get the contract?

Nice job though!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
cruxkhalif: A budget overrun of 50% speaks volumes about your expertise in costing a project, considering there was no significant change in the cost of materials since you began construction. 50% increase...! Or did you give the owner the 8.8M figure just to get the contract?

Nice job though!

If you guys can read carefully through the whole previous 73 Pages, you will see what affected the budget changes..
Everyone here knows the honest financial disclosure of Spyder.. so just go back and read the whole thread and some of his other threads.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2013
cruxkhalif: A budget overrun of 50% speaks volumes about your expertise in costing a project, considering there was no significant change in the cost of materials since you began construction. 50% increase...! Or did you give the owner the 8.8M figure just to get the contract?

Nice job though!

Why did you even respond to this thread?

Do you care to show us your projects and the estimates?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2013

Nice job though!

My friend, welcome to the thread. I assure you of one thing, you are entitled to your opinion and it helps allof us here to learn some things about the building process.
Let me begin by stating the initial challenges we had in this site, we overspent on the first stage because of the terrain we met. I was expecting to work in a dry soil without water, but the area became waterlogged after the first few feet. This made us to take additional steps to fortify the foundation by doing a mini-raft foundation which was not in the budget. My client was also very understanding and approved additional funds.

The second stage was almost level with the previous budget, our costs of granite was high, but the quantities I gave were correct from the start. I did not budget for the type of window we did in this house, neither did I budget for the frontal porch projections, the heavy double (or triple sized) arcs. It was single in the house plan but since my client wanted them done, he paid the extra.

The parapet was unusual in its heave from the wall, more funds were needed to fortify it, more metal reinforcements, more labour and materials, he approved the overspend. We raised the height of the roof, and I immediately knew we were going to overspend on roofing materials, but that was what the owner wanted, and we must do it.

We are still doing more homes, the learning of this location is a guide to me as to future costings. But we will continue to build strong, beautiful houses for Nigerians with utmost transparency.

We are currently building a 2 storey, 6 flats of 3 bedrooms block with only N16m in Enugu, YES WE CAN!!! grin

Have a splendid weekend everybody as I travel to Enugu to play football with my son cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2013
spyder880:
We are currently building a 2 storey, 6 flats of 3 bedrooms block with only N16m in Enugu, YES WE CAN!!! grin

And YES, YOU HAVE BEEN DOING IT!!! SUCCESSFULLY TOO!!

Sorry Football (soccer) is not my thing... I and all my kids are into Basketball and Football (American) with the Big Boys.
Enjoy with your kid at his soccer game.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Numerouuuno: 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
spyder880:

My friend, welcome to the thread. I assure you of one thing, you are entitled to your opinion and it helps allof us here to learn some things about the building process.
Let me begin by stating the initial challenges we had in this site, we overspent on the first stage because of the terrain we met. I was expecting to work in a dry soil without water, but the area became waterlogged after the first few feet. This made us to take additional steps to fortify the foundation by doing a mini-raft foundation which was not in the budget. My client was also very understanding and approved additional funds.

The second stage was almost level with the previous budget, our costs of granite was high, but the quantities I gave were correct from the start. I did not budget for the type of window we did in this house, neither did I budget for the frontal porch projections, the heavy double (or triple sized) arcs. It was single in the house plan but since my client wanted them done, he paid the extra.

The parapet was unusual in its heave from the wall, more funds were needed to fortify it, more metal reinforcements, more labour and materials, he approved the overspend. We raised the height of the roof, and I immediately knew we were going to overspend on roofing materials, but that was what the owner wanted, and we must do it.

We are still doing more homes, the learning of this location is a guide to me as to future costings. But we will continue to build strong, beautiful houses for Nigerians with utmost transparency.

Have a splendid weekend everybody as I travel to Enugu to play football with my son cheesy grin
its good to know you find time for your kids.
Weldone man

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Numerouuuno: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
spyder880:

its good to know you find time for your kids.
Weldone man
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lawali: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
spyder880:

Spyder, to say the least I am impressed. Building house is not theory. Present cost being above the stimates was expected and known to all of us following the thread from initial stage. Simply put to anyone who has not followed and can't take the time to go through the pages,if you are offered to buy this mansion at this stage with N14M, will you take it or leave it? At least we see many carcass sold at higher prices. Back to ur football with son, hope is not local El-classsico? Enjoy urself with ur family.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by yusufu16: 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
spyder880:

I am very much impressed with the quality of this project. I am a Civil Engineer, I can only say kudos to you sir. In other places, this house would probably cost higher that what you spent to bring it to this stage. You are really prudent and at the same time keeping to quality in your project
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by specco(m): 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
Oga Spyder, I doff my hat for you. I've been watching and relishing your expertise, knowledge and skill right from the clearing of the land on which this beautiful mansion stands. Kudos to you. Please I need your expertise on the problem at hand. I have a friend who in 2007 built a duplex up to the decking level(don't know the correct terminology) and had a financial setback and couldn't continue since then. He plastered and moved in pending when things would improve to built up. Now the problem is that the decking has started leaking water during raining seasons. Please apart from roofing at that stage, what else could solve his problem and stop the widespread leakages from the decking? Solution will be appreciated.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 27, 2013
Oga spyder smiley Happy Sunday. Hope ur son will nt dribble u?

Ok back to biz. Please with wonderful iron works on the handrail i cant help but bow to pressure from clients to also fabricate wrought iron jobs.

please can you give us closer view of the handrails cause they as so beautiful.

Hope they will be finished properly like pix below.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.