Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,296 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using (2558 Views)

What Network Plan Are You Currently Using For Heavy Downloads? / Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] / Im Currently Using Azureus But Its A Little Bit Slow In Downloading With My Dailup. Does Anybody Kno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by Steroid101(m): 6:35pm On May 12, 2008
Do you think all these 1,500 1GB flash drive they sell at computer village works, I wanted to buy one but they all look like toy. Are you using any of those Sony, Kingston, please let me know how well
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by tobidaflava(m): 7:09pm On May 12, 2008
I'm using a memory card. 'Saymu ni'
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by hayprof(m): 9:47pm On May 12, 2008
I am currently using a LG Usb Flash Drive 1GB got it for #5,500

shocked wink
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by nazzyon(m): 10:08pm On May 12, 2008
Sandisk Cruzer 8GB

I intend to make me a 100GB USB drive.
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by hayprof(m): 10:32pm On May 12, 2008
Yep, my Next One is a 8Gb . . .

. . . but this time am looking a TranScend Brand

. . . or mayb the Trusted -Sandisk Titanium , cool
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by DualCore1: 10:41pm On May 12, 2008
used to have a sandisk cruiser mini, lasted for 3 years, not one error or data loss.

i dont use a flash drive anymore, now its a lappy hdd + adapter.
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by lynxnoon(m): 11:35pm On May 12, 2008
have an external hard drive (120G) tho dont seem to be carrying about evry tym
Just got a Sony Digital music player (2G), well i guess i'll be using both to store data & music wink
On a serious note i tink LG (i.e if u got it from their store) & Kingston r good flash drives
Cheers
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by Steroid101(m): 9:46am On May 13, 2008
Lynxnoon, have you used the kingston? how long did it last
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by Nobody: 9:54am On May 13, 2008
hayprof:

I am currently using a LG Usb Flash Drive 1GB got it for #5,500

shocked   wink

if u bought it recently, they gba u no be small - u can get it at any LG outlet for 2500 - 3500  depending on if its with the plastic or metal case.

mine is 2gb lg, bought it like a year+ ago at 8000, its now around n5000 - will prolly buy a 4gb or 8gb in the near future, but i don't think i need one. what with a 320gb laptop hard drive (western digital scorpium), and 3 externals - 320gb desktop(maxtor) - for backups , 120gb(simpletech)- for my software  and 160gb (hitachi) came with my laptop swapped for the 320 gb drive wont format until after a month )  laptop drives.

if u have anyone outside nigeria( uk/us)  it is CHEAPER and safer to buy your drive etal  off ebay or amazon. those freaks in pc village are doing daylight robbery. get the price of any item in pc villlage, then get the same price on ebay, factor in delivery costs and you'll see what i mean.
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by aphoe(m): 11:28am On May 13, 2008
try prag flash. its very good. i bought a 1GG flash and it didn't disappoint me till i misplaced it. its cheap at just N3k and is made by a nigerian company, go to buyright.com. thats their site
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by hayprof(m): 1:37pm On May 13, 2008
oyb:

if u bought it recently, they gba u no be small - u can get it at any LG outlet for 2500 - 3500 depending on if its with the plastic or metal case.

. . .Not a Year Or two Issue**
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by TmeD0(m): 6:57pm On May 13, 2008
I'll concur with oyb, they're robbing folks blind for naija pc market.  USB flash drive are so cheap these days that the least size you'll find someone carrying around in the states is probably 1GB. 

@poster check out this Transcend 1GB at newegg for dirt cheap.  Pata pata with shipping you no go spend pass 2k but the wahala be say I no know if them dey ship come naija.  Even sef this 4GB one na 20 dolapo with free shipping.  What's more, you can read the review of previous customers that have purchased the item to help you make an informed decision. Abeg, if you sabi person for obodo america, make you send them o jare and save you some kudi.  Peace!
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by hayprof(m): 9:09am On May 14, 2008
T@meD0:

[color=#770077]I'll concur with oyb, they're robbing folks blind for naija pc market. USB flash drive are so cheap these days that the least size you'll find someone carrying around in the states is probably 1GB.

@poster check out this Transcend 1GB at newegg for dirt cheap. Pata pata with shipping you no go spend pass 2k but the wahala be say I no know if them dey ship come naija.

. . .if u gat some1 abroad that can carry these stuffs across the border is a plus (+) . . em' gon pay for Air-Ticket too tongue
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by eduaustin(m): 10:12am On May 14, 2008
Mine is Kingston DataTraveler 2GB, like tha name goes the thing dey fire no be small, Used the 512MB last year till it got missing it has never dissappointed me, It was sent down from our office in the US, I've requested for the 8GB wen next they are sending us stuff.
I heard ScanDisk, Prag & LG are very good brand too.
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by dragnet: 7:38am On May 15, 2008
Oyb, what postal code do u use for Lagos?

T@medo, at N2k?? I wnt mind o! . . prof I hope u wnt mind payn my air tickets too wink
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by dragnet: 7:40am On May 15, 2008

T@medo, at N2k?? I wnt mind o! . . prof I hope u wnt mind payn my air tickets too wink
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by Nobody: 7:44am On May 15, 2008
i beleive its 10001
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by dragnet: 7:50am On May 15, 2008
Oh k! I thought it was 23401?? I kinda want to place an order . . .wuld it be ok just to give them my post office box no.?? Do u think that wuld work?
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by Steroid101(m): 8:01am On May 15, 2008
Na wa oh, I finally got 1GB kingston for 1500, it is working for now, but misbehaves sometimes. The thing just look like toy, I finally made the mistake
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by dragnet: 8:43am On May 15, 2008
Steroid01, where did u buy it from?? CV? . . . .describe the "misbehaviour"
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by inze(m): 10:26am On May 15, 2008
i use a Transcend 2GB no problem so far,

Don't expect to have any prob in the future,
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by ztyle(m): 12:38am On May 16, 2008
Sincerely speaking i'm using  SonY 1TB , Unlimited Storage!  cool
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by uspry1(f): 1:45am On May 16, 2008
ztyle:

Sincerely speaking i using SonY 1TB , Unlimited Storage! cool

@ztyle, Oh Really! grin  grin

@topic

I use 250MB Lexar Media JumpDrive 2.0 Pro for 4 years.

I bought 1GB IOGear that come with front USB port and rear 1GB MicroSD disc insert for my son able to transfer his pictures/music files from PC to his PSP. No problem!!
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by ztyle(m): 1:52am On May 16, 2008
uspry1:

@ztyle, Oh Really! grin grin
. . . .Yeah! its look like Chocolate CandY. & it's just too powerful.
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by uspry1(f): 2:20am On May 16, 2008
ztyle:

. . . .Yeah! its look like Chocolate CandY. & it's just too powerful.

@ztyle, you mean 250GB Chocolate Portable HDD at below:

Google it! Anything is possible! Remember that I am computer gadget freak!!! grin
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by ztyle(m): 2:24am On May 16, 2008
. . .U gat it but its the 1TG own i gat.
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by DrDre1(m): 2:33am On May 16, 2008
2GB Transcend smiley

It's good if you get the original and not the one produced by our brother from the other continent grin
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by 4peace(m): 12:15pm On May 16, 2008
i don't like flash drive but somebody gave me HP 1GB with inbuilt antivirus.It works very well.
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by inze(m): 2:58pm On May 16, 2008
Dr. Dre:

2GB Transcend smiley

It's good if you get the original and not the one produced by our brother from the other continent grin

Indeed its kool, i can testify to that, been using it for quite some time.
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by TmeD0(m): 4:22pm On May 16, 2008
dragnet:

Lol! nna, you funny sef.  Wetin air ticket have to do with ordering item online and having it shipped to you?  Unfortunately, newegg no dey ship internationally but like i talk before if u sabi pesin wey dey obodo america, na ya best bet to save money and be assured of better product be that o.  U no need fly go america bicus of one yeye flash drive nna.  So, the air ticket thing is out of the qweshun.  Just baba ijebu's opinion.  Peace! grin
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by dragnet: 4:54pm On May 16, 2008
T@medo ., was just joking na' . . .someone in India told me its approx. N1060 for transcend 1GB
Re: Which Flash Drive Are You Currently Using by TmeD0(m): 5:46pm On May 16, 2008
dragnet:

T@medo ., was just joking na' . . .someone in India told me its approx. N1060 for transcend 1GB

Lol! I knew you were kidding and so was I.  If you noticed,  I wrote 90% of my previous post in pidgin English.  No yawa now, I just wan help you save money o.  You probably can tell by now that I'm very frugal. grin 

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD!!! Dell Inspiron 14z Core I5, 500g, 8gb Ram And Backlight Keyboard / Do's And Don'ts Of HP15 Corei3 4005U Intel HD Graphics. / World's Most Powerful Laptop - The PREDATOR!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.