Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? (24012 Views)

3 Tricks For Growing Your Hair Really, Really Long!! / Dark Skin Girls With Colored Weave Is A No No! / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 6:16am On Jun 25, 2013
According to my research 90% of all donated human hair comes from India. Millions of Indian Hindu men, women and children donate their hair each year to Lord Balahi, an avatar of the Vishnu god, out of respect and love for his favor. Over 20,000 people donate their hair each day at the Sri Venkateswara Temple in South India. And over 60 million pounds of hair are donated each year.

Also hair from Brazil? I have been to Brazil twice and have never seen a bald head Brazilian chick they are very much like Americans when it comes to beauty. One of my neighbors husband owns a beauty distribution company and she said that we are very naive they just market Indian hair is from other countries to fool us.

I believe hair carries alot of energy. Many of these women do it for religious purposes. My Christian/Muslim Sisters are you not concerned that they are worshiping "Pagan Gods" and now you sew your hair to your head?

I even found a picture of women donating long pubic hair eww!
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 7:03am On Jun 25, 2013
Donating to the Gods

Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2013
Who they worship

Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 7:15am On Jun 25, 2013
Mods at least I cut the top part off this is for education purpose

Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by olamydey(f): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2013
May God help us lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by peacein9ja: 8:45am On Jun 25, 2013
Heh wettin awowo!! sad
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by tokunbobo(m): 9:14am On Jun 25, 2013
Wonder shall never end. Na wa o
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 25, 2013
I have asked myself the same question over and over again. Some folks believe the hair is cut off from ladies who have died; hence, they call it "hair of the dead".
Whatever it may be(having evil links via dedication to gods or not), that wont make people stop patronising it.
To the christian; knowledge is vital. John 8:32. Simple realization of the truth works more than prolonged prayers in some instances; this is one of them. Every thing that comes in contact with the believer is sanctified and preserved because of the presence of the Holy Spirit who dwells within. Take for instance, paul on the island of malta, a snake fastened to his hand. A "usual" believer who shake it off, kill the snake and begin a serious prayer session. Rather, what did paul do? He shook it into the flame and continued as though nothing happened. And he was unhurt!
We the believers should know who we are in Christ. Its an asset, too valuable to be priced.
(sorry if this post does not help you, the comment is based on the issue and way the Op presented it).
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by kandiikane(m): 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
Well, I knew my brazilian hair came from one indian lady like that...

1 Like

Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
idnoble135: I have asked myself the same question over and over again. Some folks believe the hair is cut off from ladies who have died; hence, they call it "hair of the dead".
Whatever it may be(having evil links via dedication to gods or not), that wont make people stop patronising it.
To the christian; knowledge is vital. John 8:32. Simple realization of the truth works more than prolonged prayers in some instances; this is one of them. Every thing that comes in contact with the believer is sanctified and preserved because of the presence of the Holy Spirit who dwells within. Take for instance, paul on the island of malta, a snake fastened to his hand. A "usual" believer who shake it off, kill the snake and begin a serious prayer session. Rather, what did paul do? He shook it into the flame and continued as though nothing happened. And he was unhurt!
We the believers should know who we are in Christ. Its an asset, too valuable to be priced.
(sorry if this post does not help you, the comment is based on the issue and way the Op presented it).

Yes it does help thank you! I love that verse The truth will set you free ..How about Corinthians 6:14-18 especially the part where it says what agreement between temple of God ( believers body) and Idols or Touch no unclean thing etc in verse it goes on to say let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body.

In 9 ja the some girls will go as far as lose virginity to own some of this hair from non believers an I am talking about in the village not to talk of in Abuja and Lagos the hair is expensive so most young ladies are sleeping with men and one of the prerequisite is up keep of her hair style.
The truth will set some people free if this is why my sisters are mis behaving I know most will not care because of vanity but at least some should think about it
Most of the girls I know that wear natural hair are very humble and sweet majority vs girls that wear Indian Hair
Hope this is not some kind of curse to mess our sisters up
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
kandiikane: Well, I knew my brazilian hair came from one indian lady like that...
So did you have any kind of weird sexual desire that changed after you sew it in I have never done this but my stylist says it is a good protective style
Usually I just do twist but want to try something else but I noticed girls in the office who wear human hair act some kind of way
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
kandiikane: Well, I knew my brazilian hair came from one indian lady like that...
Or did you notice you were more irate or less happy because these women are mostly in poverty looking for favor
I know that energy carries hair for sure
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
@ dead people hair I researched that as well but looks like that is just a rumor and almost all the hair comes from these temples as a sacrifice
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by kandiikane(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
@biafranqueen, nothing changed in me. The only way something will change is if you have that mindset. When I buy human hair, it becomes mine because I spent my own hard earned cash on it.
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
kandiikane: @biafranqueen, nothing changed in me. The only way something will change is if you have that mindset. When I buy human hair, it becomes mine because I spent my own hard earned cash on it.
Lol I feel you !
So do you sew in and does it last for 6 weeks as she claim and she also wants to put protective net but can't find anything on net that shows you how to oil scalp and wash hair with protective net just that it is hard my scalp gets dry
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by kandiikane(m): 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
Erm, well since I am growing my hair natural. I make my own wigs because weave definitely does not grow my hair. I just normally wear the wig caps and then the wig. The wig i use now-i made in april but I'm taking out soon to be reused in the future. It still looks good. It's just maintenance isn't it?
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2013
kandiikane: Erm, well since I am growing my hair natural. I make my own wigs because weave definitely does not grow my hair. I just normally wear the wig caps and then the wig. The wig i use now-i made in april but I'm taking out soon to be reused in the future. It still looks good. It's just maintenance isn't it?
Where I live it is too hot for wig right now
You make your own wigs girl you are talented well done
Some people say weave grow hair some say it does not
How long did your hair grow since April
Do you use pins to secure your wig
How is your hair under wig thanks for your time
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by Moyola(f): 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
Most ladies cant do without weave! Brazilian hair n co, HH, blends n !00% syntheticz!
Everyone rockz it one way or anova! tongue

kandiikane: Erm, well since I am growing my hair natural. I make my own wigs because weave definitely does not grow my hair. I just normally wear the wig caps and then the wig. The wig i use now-i made in april but I'm taking out soon to be reused in the future. It still looks good. It's just maintenance isn't it?

yep! #selfmadewig.kom
1 idid in February. . .still rockz! tongue

growing natural hair too. . .
buh d hair still refuse to grow!
keepz growin in all d wrong areas! embarassed grin

1 Like

Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by kandiikane(m): 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
biafranqueen:
Where I live it is too hot for wig right now
You make your own wigs girl you are talented well done
Some people say weave grow hair some say it does not
How long did your hair grow since April
Do you use pins to secure your wig
How is your hair under wig thanks for your time

I use those men's caps they use to do waves with the elastic band to make my wigs so don't need pins to hold them down. My hair's grown quite a bit but I just trimmed it not too long ago. Cornrowing helps with the growth when wearing a wig.

@moyola, aha, I know right! smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 2:04am On Jun 27, 2013
kandiikane:

I use those men's caps they use to do waves with the elastic band to make my wigs so don't need pins to hold them down. My hair's grown quite a bit but I just trimmed it not too long ago. Cornrowing helps with the growth when wearing a wig.

@moyola, aha, I know right! smiley
Thanks babe kiss
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by Nobody: 2:12am On Jun 27, 2013
biafranqueen:

Yes it does help thank you! I love that verse The truth will set you free ..How about Corinthians 6:14-18 especially the part where it says what agreement between temple of God ( believers body) and Idols or Touch no unclean thing etc in verse it goes on to say let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body.

In 9 ja the some girls will go as far as lose virginity to own some of this hair from non believers an I am talking about in the village not to talk of in Abuja and Lagos the hair is expensive so most young ladies are sleeping with men and one of the prerequisite is up keep of her hair style.
The truth will set some people free if this is why my sisters are mis behaving I know most will not care because of vanity but at least some should think about it
Most of the girls I know that wear natural hair are very humble and sweet majority vs girls that wear Indian Hair
Hope this is not some kind of curse to mess our sisters up
lol
when you study the later scriptures, the 8th chapter of the same 1st corinthians you'd see that the word states that idols are nothing(verse 4 n 5). If you read the whole chapter, you would see that the apostle was letting us know that we could eat food sacrificed to idols on one condition, it does not destroy the "weaker believers".
So, the biafran queen, dont fear. Your word mentality determines your reality. The hair might have adverse effect on some folks because they have no understanding. God says in Hosea 4:6, "my people perish for lack of knowledge". In as much as the knowledge is there, protection is guaranteed.
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by biafranqueen: 5:56am On Jun 27, 2013
idnoble135: lol
when you study the later scriptures, the 8th chapter of the same 1st corinthians you'd see that the word states that idols are nothing(verse 4 n 5). If you read the whole chapter, you would see that the apostle was letting us know that we could eat food sacrificed to idols on one condition, it does not destroy the "weaker believers".
So, the biafran queen, dont fear. Your word mentality determines your reality. The hair might have adverse effect on some folks because they have no understanding. God says in Hosea 4:6, "my people perish for lack of knowledge". In as much as the knowledge is there, protection is guaranteed.
I believe what you say to be true thank you! I know that my faith has protected me from worst because I strive to walk a righteous path! I thank you once again for reassurance.
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 27, 2013
biafranqueen:
I believe what you say to be true thank you! I know that my faith has protected me from worst because I strive to walk a righteous path! I thank you once again for reassurance.
my pleasure!
Re: Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? by jbblues24(m): 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2019
Strong m8 Adore the use of shape and shape! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry / Chiamaka Chukurah Crowned As Sisi Oge Of Lagos 2017 (Photos) / Photos Of Contestants For Queen Of Igboland Pageant!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.