Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie (6028 Views)

Have Your Say; The Da Vinci Code’ / Christians Your View On Secrets Behind The Da Vinci Code / The Da Vinci Story Or The Bible Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by africanboy(m): 7:01am On May 22, 2006
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by hotangel2(f): 8:16am On May 22, 2006
Hey suckers.!!! Okay jst kidding.

I saw this movie, but heres the thing, i didn't finish it. I mean i saw the part abt mary magdalyne was pregnant for jesus.

It's a good movie, and im going back to see the ending maybe next week. or download it off ares. wink
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by Ciaralover(f): 3:09pm On May 22, 2006
Please yall dont support this movie!!These people believe tnat jesus was married to Mary and other false teachings!!!
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by babymine(f): 3:16pm On May 22, 2006
Yeah, it's false!!
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by nferyn(m): 3:26pm On May 22, 2006
How do you know it's false?
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by chosenbabe(f): 3:31pm On May 22, 2006
its even confusing angry

a confusing movie
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by kenshin(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2006
Ciara don't worry about the blasphemous implications, the book the movie is based on is a fictious story as it says inside the book, besides whatever anyone chooses to believe about Jesus outside what the bible says is the person's own opinion, it doesn't change the fact that Jesus is the son of God
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by nferyn(m): 3:50pm On May 22, 2006
Fact? How do you know?
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by Badman888(m): 3:56pm On May 22, 2006
It false just that many people in our world today are beleiving this stuff
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by retro(f): 4:23pm On May 22, 2006
What makes you so sure that it's false? I can't wait to see it.
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by kenshin(m): 4:32pm On May 22, 2006
Bros, you can certainly watch the movie, no problem with that, like I said Those who believe that God exists believe He exists and those that don't also believe likewise. enjoy! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by Badman888(m): 4:45pm On May 22, 2006
retro:

What makes you so sure that it's false? I can't wait to see it.

If you beleive its true, no problem we are free to our opinions
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by my2cents(m): 4:56pm On May 22, 2006
Just because "its false" doesn't mean that you have to suggest stuff to someone based on your own beliefs. Let others make that decision for themselves. At the end of the day, if you let any movie for that matter, shake your beliefs, y believe in it in the first place?

I once talked with the preacher at my church (US) and he told me he read the koran daily. Of course, the naija man in me wanted to immediately tell him I was going to recommend him for excommunication grin but then he said something that makes total sense, "if you don't read the koran, how can you tell them with confidence why their religion isn't the true religion?"

Something to think about folks. By telling people not to watch this movie/burning their books, you actually help promote it. Thanks to such criticisms, it made $224million in the US over the wknd and has entered the history books: http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/first-bo-reports-on-da-vinci-code/

I won't watch personally, but thatz because I don't like being around too many people, some of whom don't know how to behave in public. I will buy and read the book though, and definitely watch it when it comes out on HBO.

As always, my 2 cents
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by jonpinjeff(m): 5:51pm On May 22, 2006
The Fact that the Bible says Faith in God and His Son Jesus would decline in the last days is indisputable. We can see the fulfilment before our very eyes. Most people think its fashionable to declare an atheist inclination these days. They think its intellectually sound to deny the Existence of Christ in spite of Historical proofs. Even though many ''Intellectuals'' have agued any historical proof. They have more faith in death than in Life.

How can one deny the existence of God inspite of overwhelming evidence of the Supernatural. If U havent experienced the supernatural, please pray for one. It is real. I have seen it. I have Touched it. I have tasted it. Jesus is not a Spirit Being. He is real. You can Touch Him. His resurrection was a Resurrection of Flesh Spirit annd Soul. I have received his touch.

That the Da Vinci Code is False. Yes Of course!!! What Else. Its False and Full of Several unreconcilablke Bladderdash.

I Recommend A Boycott. Eventhough its impossible. The Prophesies of mass defection of Souls from Light to Darkness must be Validated.

The frenzy and acceptance false doctrines and tales like Da Vinci Code triggers is much the same the as acceptance of the Coming <Mark> would receive .

The Da vinci Code is not the product of a brilliant mind, It is indeed the product of a depraved mind. The Inspiration is from the darkest recesses of hell.

I Repeat it is not a sign of Intelligence to come up with satanic rhetorics or to declare that u r atheist. If U doubt the supernatural and , wait even the existence of the devil and the battle going on in the unseen. Dont worry the intersection of the 3rd dimension and the dimension where the devil exists is about to take place then he will be revealed and you can be sure u'd call for help. WITH THE NAME JESUS. THIS IS NOT A PROHESY MIND U. IT IS A FACT TO COME.

WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by my2cents(m): 5:57pm On May 22, 2006
The Da vinci Code is not the product of a brilliant mind, It is indeed the product of a depraved mind. The Inspiration is from the darkest recesses of hell.
Jonpinjeff, based on what facts? You can't just go by what others are saying in the press.

Don't get me wrong, I am a christian and regard it as fiction. But that is where I stop. Even if it were true, I still wouldn't doubt what I have been taught from childhood.

No need spinning on ur eyebrows. As you said above, calling for a global boycott won't work. Remember what happened with the Passion of Christ? grin
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by KAG: 10:30pm On May 22, 2006
jonpinjeff:

The Fact that the Bible says Faith in God and His Son Jesus would decline in the last days is indisputable. We can see the fulfilment before our very eyes.

We could argue, that Zeus made that prediction first, and Isis, and Thor, etc.

Most people think its fashionable to declare an atheist inclination these days.

Really? How many atheists do you know? I'm the only atheist in my entire extended family, and in fact, I don't know any atheists IRL.

They think its intellectually sound to deny the Existence of Christ in spite of Historical proofs. Even though many ''Intellectuals'' have agued any historical proof. They have more faith in death than in Life.

Historical proofs for Yeshua ben Yosef, or historical proof for Jesus the God-man?

How can one deny the existence of God inspite of overwhelming evidence of the Supernatural. If U havent experienced the supernatural, please pray for one. It is real. I have seen it. I have Touched it. I have tasted it. Jesus is not a Spirit Being. He is real. You can Touch Him. His resurrection was a Resurrection of Flesh Spirit annd Soul. I have received his touch.

Well, not to be glib, but I did all that, and probably still have the T-shirt lying around here some place, still no cigar.

That the Da Vinci Code is False. Yes Of course!!! What Else. Its False and Full of Several unreconcilablke Bladderdash.

Would that mean it was, I don't know, fiction?

I Recommend A Boycott. Eventhough its impossible. The Prophesies of mass defection of Souls from Light to Darkness must be Validated.

I recommend a good ol' fashioned book and reel burning.

The frenzy and acceptance false doctrines and tales like Da Vinci Code triggers is much the same the as acceptance of the Coming <Mark> would receive .

Like you could write a half a book that anyone would want to read.

I
Repeat it is not a sign of Intelligence to come up with satanic rhetorics or to declare that you're atheist. If U doubt the supernatural and , wait even the existence of the devil and the battle going on in the unseen. Dont worry the intersection of the 3rd dimension and the dimension where the devil exists is about to take place then he will be revealed and you can be sure u'd call for help. WITH THE NAME JESUS. THIS IS NOT A PROHESY MIND U. IT IS A FACT TO COME.

WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes!
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by hotangel2(f): 10:33pm On May 22, 2006
I never knew there was a gospel according to phillips. Or the gospel of mary madgdalyne in the bible.

men i learn new stuffs everyday. lol,

Okay that movie was SOMETHING CONFUSING!

We were more than 200 people sitting in the movie theatre. shocked
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by jonpinjeff(m): 5:12pm On May 23, 2006
@KAG

YIKES? NO I DONT THINK SO. KABOOM IS MORE LIKE IT.
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by KAG: 11:28pm On May 23, 2006
jonpinjeff:

@KAG

YIKES? NO I DONT THINK SO. KABOOM IS MORE LIKE IT.

Well DUDE KABBOM was a nut, so I guess it is more appropriate.

hot-angel:

I never knew there was a gospel according to phillips. Or the gospel of mary madgdalyne in the bible.

men i learn new stuffs everyday. lol,

They are not in the Bible.

Okay that movie was SOMETHING CONFUSING!

We were more than 200 people sitting in the movie theatre. shocked

If you haven't read the book, it can get confusing. Yet another problem with a quite dull movie.
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by Reverend(m): 7:44am On May 24, 2006
We have a saying 'Little Things for Little Minds'

The Davinci Code is a work of fiction using historical mythology to string together the storyline.

The real problem is not with the book or the film, but with the hysterical attitude of a group of illiterate persons and their fanatical rhetoric like:-

'Lets burn the book'
'Lets boycott the film'

If you want to recommend the burning of the Davinci Code as it is based on myths and speculation, you might want to add the bible to your list , as it is also a collection of unfounded stories and mythology!

So lets get the fire nice and hot! lipsrsealed
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by Priscila(f): 9:21am On May 24, 2006
I have watched that film and read that book and I think its Satan fighting the church.
What's annoying me is that the Catholic Church has kept mute and not telling us if its true Jesus is not what we think he was.

Someone to come in and tell us all that based on history is ubnelievable and that Jesus married mary magdalene and had Children sounds rather absurd.
That wont change my faith as a catholic even if they prove Jesus married. Faith is beyond eveidence and what matters he saved my life. He is my personal saviour. period!
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by Reverend(m): 9:55am On May 24, 2006
That wont change my faith as a catholic even if they prove Jesus married. Faith is beyond eveidence and what matters he saved my life. He is my personal saviour. period!

If Jesus had of been married to Mary Magdelene, why would that have been a problem?

Why should it change your faith? The two things are not connected at all!

What are people trying to say? If Jesus had been married to Mary Magdelene then that would have made him a lesser man or somebody evil?

Nonsense!
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by Priscila(f): 10:05am On May 24, 2006
Nonsense and ingredient.
Reverend.

I wonder what the fuss is all about? Its written in the Bible days will come when such things and talks will come.
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by alheri(f): 10:47am On May 24, 2006
For me, the Da Vinci Code, Book and Movie should be a welcomed thingy for Christians around the world. WHY? Because it brings to fulfillment what the Bible said would happen. I really have no fears or misgivings about the Book and Movie,because even the Author of the Book stated in the prologue and every interview he has given in relation to the book that the book is FICTION!

The Bible says in Ps 2 VS 1 & 2, Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and against his annointed, ,
This as far as am concerned is all part of the rage of the heathen to discredit the Divine nature of the Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. I am not moved by their rantings and No christian believer should be moved or upset either because that same messianic Psalm also said in verse 4 & 5, He that sitteth in the heavens shall Laugh, the Lord shall have then in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure,
We christians should know by now that we don't have to fight for our God, He fights for himself! The Da Vinci Code and other Books like itself are just ways the Heathen have chosen to show their rage against God and His anointed, which also include all true christians around the world. If you guys think such blasphemy will stop, am sorry to disappoint you because it will continue till the appointed time. So bask in the Glory that the scripture is been fulfilled!
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by kenshin(m): 11:13am On May 24, 2006
Reverend:

We have a saying 'Little Things for Little Minds'

The Davinci Code is a work of fiction using historical mythology to string together the storyline.

The real problem is not with the book or the film, but with the hysterical attitude of a group of illiterate persons and their fanatical rhetoric like:-

'Lets burn the book'
'Lets boycott the film'

If you want to recommend the burning of the Davinci Code as it is based on myths and speculation, you might want to add the bible to your list , as it is also a collection of unfounded stories and mythology!

So lets get the fire nice and hot! lipsrsealed

This ought to be interesting, a Reverend who doesn't believe in the bible,
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by committed: 12:58pm On May 24, 2006
Hello guys!

I am glad we can reach out to ourselves here and with the WWW we can reach the whole world.

The Da Vinci Code Movie is absolute Nonsense, it is the last days and wicked and unreasonable men are flooding the world with junks like the Da Vinci Code.

Reject this unreasonable movie that the wicked ones wants to use to proliferate our world it is all absolute nonsense.
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by Badman888(m): 1:20pm On May 24, 2006
I heard so too, there are number of threads is also discussed, this is one https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-12797.0.html
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by africanboy(m): 3:37pm On May 24, 2006
the book is listed under fiction. why d f**k are people letting it change their beliefs?

[size=18pt]its fiction! not to be taken seriously[/size]
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by Reverend(m): 4:01pm On May 24, 2006
@ Africanboy

the book is listed under fiction. why d f**k are people letting it change their beliefs?

Do you understand the word uneducated and illiterate? That is why people with pea sized brains take offense at a book and film that is listed as pure fiction!
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by ajia23(m): 7:28pm On May 24, 2006
@ nferyn

The Da Vinci Code as a movie struck me as a mixture of fiction and symbolism mixed with some historical facts most people never realized. But to think it's entirely based on fact will be defeating the strong logic I have seen in most of your arguments. Much as I would have liked it to be true so that the divinity of Jesus would be shown to be concoted, I dare say Dan Brown really cannot back up the supposed "facts" in the book. I guess it only follows the trend of some of his other books like ANGELS & DEMONS, which I believe to be even more interesting than the Da VInci Code. The first five chapters of this book are online at www.danbrown.com/novels/angels_demons/excerpt1.htm. I also know that Robert Langdon seems to be ubiqitous in all his writings. He is a really nice character though-very likeable.

I think he is one smart dude who is employing demagoguery to sell his books and become a rich man. He is definitely succeeding judging from the reactions of people all over the world. t's attracting not just skeptical christians, but an anxious community of Jews, Hindus, Muslims and Budhists. I actually watched the movie in a hall that had 75% of it's viewers being Hindu. The reverend is right however, it's not worth all the fuss. Like I said in another post, if I were christian, I wouldn't even lose sleep over it.
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by nferyn(m): 8:38pm On May 24, 2006
ajia23:

@ nferyn

The Da Vinci Code as a movie struck me as a mixture of fiction and symbolism mixed with some historical facts most people never realized. But to think it's entirely based on fact will be defeating the strong logic I have seen in most of your arguments. Much as I would have liked it to be true so that the divinity of Jesus would be shown to be concoted, I dare say Dan Brown really cannot back up the supposed "facts" in the book. I guess it only follows the trend of some of his other books like ANGELS & DEMONS, which I believe to be even more interesting than the Da VInci Code. The first five chapters of this book are online at www.danbrown.com/novels/angels_demons/excerpt1.htm. I also know that Robert Langdon seems to be ubiqitous in all his writings. He is a really nice character though-very likeable.
Obviously, there's a lot of fiction and speculation thrown in the mix of the Da Vinci Code. The thing is that, historically, the Da Vinci Code is as (un)reliable as the Bible. It remains an entertaining story and I wouldn't dislike it to be true (which I think it isn't) as it would humanise the figure of Jesus considerably.
When it comes to interesting fiction, Angels and Demons has a far better plot than the Da Vinci Code. Deception Point interests the Science Fiction fan in me the most though.

ajia23:

I think he is one smart dude who is employing demagoguery to sell his books and become a rich man. He is definitely succeeding judging from the reactions of people all over the world. t's attracting not just skeptical christians, but an anxious community of Jews, Hindus, Muslims and Budhists.
Well, he succeeds where Baigent and Leigh failed. He's definitely a skilled propagandist.

ajia23:

I actually watched the movie in a hall that had 75% of it's viewers being Hindu. The reverend is right however, it's not worth all the fuss. Like I said in another post, if I were christian, I wouldn't even lose sleep over it.
The Book is OK, the film is mediocre. Everyone that is up in arms against the Da Vinci Code is either a peanut brain or has unresolved emotional problems.
Re: The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie by Idekeson(m): 4:48am On May 25, 2006
The interesting thing is the reaction of Christians to this movie, following the barbaric reaction to the Mohamed cartoons.
Can you imagine a movie on Mohamed? 9-11 could've been repeating itself now.
Muslims should take a clue and control their zealots. The world is watching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! / 11 Bible Verses Small Business Owners Need / Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.