Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces (3377 Views)

Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening / FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. / Nigerian Senators' Salaries Vs Us President's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by bodmasfem(m): 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
A New Breakdown of Nigerian Senators
SALARIES & ALLOWANCES.
Basic Salary (BS) = N2,484,245.50
Hardship Allowance: 50% of Basic Salary = N1,242,122.75. Constituency allowance: 200%of BS = N4,968,509.00.
Furniture Allowance: 300% of BS = N7,452,736.50.
Newspaper allowance: 50% = N1,242,122.70.
Wardrobe allowance: 25% = N621,061.37.
Recess Allowance: 10% = N248,424.55.
Accommodation: 200% = N4,968,509.00.
Utilities: 30% = N828,081.83.
Domestic Staff: 35% = N863,184.12.
Entertainment: 30% = N828,081.83.
Personal Assistance: 25% = N621,061.37.
Vehicle Maintenance Allowance: 75% = N1,863,184.12.
Leave Allowance : 10% = N248,424.55
One off payments (Severance gratuity): 300% = N7,452,736.50. Motor Vehicle Allowance: 400% of BS = N9,936,982.00.
Total per month = N29,479, 749.00.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by sigba(f): 3:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
What a waste !!!

2 Likes

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by oyinboaja: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
This is absolute madness. In a country where majority of the citizens live in abject penury, the lawmakers are earning £120,000.00 per month.

What kind of people allow that to happen to them?

2 Likes

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by ebucha: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
Source or no front page.
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by kuntash: 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
source ?
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Lilimax(f): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
Na wa for my country!. Little wonder they fight tooth and
nail even to the level of killing themselves just to get to this position.
Absolute madness sad.

3 Likes

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Lilimax(f): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by eunisam: 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
nawaoooh
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2013
Source ppls?? Let's authenticate dis b4 we take decisive action
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
I ask again, do ACN and CPC senators also collect this amount?

4 Likes

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by anonimi: 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo: I ask again, do ACN and CPC senators also collect this amount?

And I answer NO, they don't.
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
NOT surprised. @Op, are you sure they aint earning more than this per month
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
Now i see the reason why 'DON'T TALK, DON'T SAY' and HI and NIL is their watchword. Still, not without hope. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Josab4life: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
No 1der, thats why they refuse to put single term 4 themselves. Who no go stay put there 4 life? 29 something million per month which office work go give u that kind moni? chai we don suffer. This 1 is outside comeettee thing, u know now! House comeettee on something.
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Josab4life: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
God help us. 1 day it will be my turn and may be by then, the amount will tripple. God bless Naija
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
grin lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked
Raymondenyi: Source ppls?? Let's authenticate dis b4 we take decisive action
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
A senator is a senator whether he is in PDP or ACN or whatever party he is, they all collect the same amount, so far he is elected to the house or rigged his way there.

1 Like

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by kingofpool: 6:40pm On Jun 25, 2013
anonimi:

And I answer NO, they don't.
Which kind no re they not part of de govn't
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by anonimi: 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
king of pool: Which kind no re they not part of de govn't

Where have you been?
E be laik sey you nor dey follow news. Our "progressive opposition" SINators have been returning the excess salary and allowance beyond RMAFC recommendation to the NASS bank account monthly in solidarity with Nigerian workers who are barely paid the 18k inimum wage.
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by TechRev: 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
Acn and cpc ... they aint talking about this. Yet they expect nigerians to take them serious. All na same. Pdp better sef cause they dont deny they are thieves. Apc cpc holier than thou

1 Like

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
why una de shout? some CEOs de earn FAR FAR more than that.
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by anonimi: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
barcanista: why una de shout? some CEOs de earn FAR FAR more than that.

Are you for real?
How much does the lowest paid worker in such company earn compared to the CEO?
Is that same comaprison ratio applicable to the lowest paid federal GOVERNMENT workers and these SINators
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by sigba(f): 8:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
barcanista: why una de shout? some CEOs de earn FAR FAR more than that.
You called them CEOs, they work for it and yield positive results. We re talking about public servants here, tomorow they'll say the country is running bankrupt.

3 Likes

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by mensdept: 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
This is not anything new, except the allowances continue to increase. Where are the pastors and crusades now? Wheres Denrele that high boot boy?
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Dracula27: 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
OkabiOkpabio!!! Chei !! Which way Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by CALLMESTAR(f): 11:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
29 million plus per month?!?!?! shocked angry sad angry

Naija which way?!?!?! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 26, 2013
cheesy
Raymondenyi: Source ppls?? Let's authenticate dis b4 we take decisive action
U don't say
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by chukxie(m): 1:35am On Jun 26, 2013
Naija! Naija!! Ah! This news don make my mouth open. To close am now na problem!
Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Garrithe1st: 2:05am On Jun 26, 2013
The Opposition Lawmakers have a chance to warm their way into the hearts of Nigerians by calling for a drastic reduction in their pay. We cannot keep warning of the country being on the brink of bankruptcy when those who are supposed to fix the situation are the very ones gulping a major percentage of our already depleted National Income.

2 Likes

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Garrithe1st: 2:08am On Jun 26, 2013

Its shameful you're fixated on the opposition conveniently ignoring the fact that they're a minority. I expect you to call on the PDP lawmakers to put a stop to this criminal waste, except you've determined that the PDP and its members are condemned, destined never to fix the rot in our system.

1 Like

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by Nobody: 3:53am On Jun 26, 2013
[size=18pt]This N29million per month , is not much more than members of House of Reps earn.

This means every year our politicians earn: N354 million each

This is This equivalent to $2.2 million per annum each

US Senators earn approx $170,000 per annum each

US President only earns $400,000 per annum.

All this waste was set up by thief Obasanjo angry

The first act of a patriotic govt would be immediate pay cut for all politicians to no more (including all allowances) than $9,400 p.a. or N1.5 million p.a which is in line with what legislators in other third-world countries earn.

Size of govt should also be reduced to a quarter of it current size.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: New Break Down Of Nigerian Senators' Salaries And Allawaces by delors(m): 4:24am On Jun 26, 2013
I was just about to post this, then I thought I should check through first. how can this be monthly payment? I no wan believe abeg.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Noblezone “prophesy” For 2015 Elections / Why Are Apc Supporters On Nairaland Liking And Sharing Foolish Comments .... / The Niger Delta's List Their Demand For President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.