Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,419 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds (28558 Views)

$15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue / Nigerian Army Can’t Defeat Boko Haram Alone – UK High Commissioner / Dimka’s Coup; Obasanjo, Danjuma Are Cowards – UK High Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
That list is a complete joke. Which one is billionaires per capita/population. St kitts ko Guernsey ni. Lol grin

Lmao @ your cognitive reasoning and your thought process. So you don't know people judge wealth/success=rate per capita/population? shocked shocked

Anyway. the crux of the matter is that - people need to always look for ways to make the best out of whatever situation they might find themselves. Running away is cowardly!! Heck, slaves made lemonade out of lemon.

There are many silent achievers and young millionaires in the UK. That's what separates intelligent people from the docile ones - the ability to make it out nothing. Asians have mastered the game - Nigerians/Africans need to do the same thing and stop whining. We need to start creating wealth and opportunities for ourselves and by ourselves.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by lamorena: 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
funnyx: Fear for wia? Rather its people like you that are quick to jump to conclusion, the scheme has not been fully developed and may still need to get parliamentary approval yet some Nigerians are already cursing the UK and threatening retaliation but many of you are quick to say that the UK is finished undecided I cannot but wonder why many Nigerians are so much concerned about this 'finished' country undecided
you are a fool then what are you still doing here. im not even sure you are a nigerian.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Gbawe: 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
You guys still wasting your time with the ultra-ignorant Afam4eva? When a considerable number of diasporans based in the UK are busy facing the responsibility of providing financial support for many back home in Nigeria, this joker is here telling us he feels sorry for Nigerians in Britain because of some deportee pals. Like someone said earlier, doubtful whether ignorant home-boy has ever stepped outside Nigeria anyway.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Afam4eva(m): 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
Gbawe: You guys still wasting your time with the ultra-ignorant Afam4eva? When a considerable number of diasporans based in the UK are busy facing the responsibility of providing financial support for many back home in Nigeria, this joker is here telling us he feels sorry for Nigerians in Britain because of some deportee pals. Like someone said earlier, doubtful whether ignorant home-boy has ever stepped outside Nigeria anyway.
So, you're based in the UK. I thought you were in Osun? So, you've been deceiving us all this while.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by 50calibre(m): 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
Gbawe: You guys still wasting your time with the ultra-ignorant Afam4eva? When a considerable number of diasporans based in the UK are busy facing the responsibility of providing financial support for many back home in Nigeria, this joker is here telling us he feels sorry for Nigerians in Britain because of some deportee pals. Like someone said earlier, doubtful whether ignorant home-boy has ever stepped outside Nigeria anyway.

Honestly, I gave up when I discovered that for someone who cites billionaires as examples, he doesn't know what billionaires per capita meant.

Going by his premise, countries like china and russia have better standards of living than Switzerland and Norway because they have more billionaires.

Complete ignoramus.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by coogar: 8:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Dele made his money in Nigeria from Nigeria covering Nigeria. End of. prove otherwise.

the same dele that was a refugee in london in the mid-90s. his bed had no covers or duvet. bola tinubu gave him £500 to sort household stuff when dele first arrived.

he took loans from banks and in-laws to start ovation magazine. the nigerian community in the UK and ireland is quite huge. within few years, he made his millions.

50calibre:
Honestly, I gave up when I discovered that for someone who cites billionaires as examples, he doesn't know what billionaires per capita meant.

Going by his premise, countries like china and russia have better standards of living than Switzerland and Norway because they have more billionaires.

Complete ignoramus.

afam is a novice on this matter.
does he even know america owes about 3 trillion dollars to china/japan?
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Afam4eva(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
50calibre:

Complete ignoramus.
What's it with you London buys and ignorance. What has having higher opportunities have to do with having a higher standard of loving. I've been arguing about higher opportunities as opposed to standard of living which i'm relatively indifferent to.

We all know smaller countries have tend to have a higher standard of living compared to bigger countries hence why Scandinavian countries are up there.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by uzzyj(m): 8:16pm On Jun 26, 2013
[i][/i]If and only if Nigerian High Commission will fall for this half baked back up by the British high commission.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Afam4eva(m): 8:20pm On Jun 26, 2013
coogar:

the same dele that was a refugee in london in the mid-90s. his bed had no covers or duvet. bola tinubu gave him £500 to sort household stuff when dele first arrived.

he took loans from banks and in-laws to start ovation magazine. the nigerian community in the UK and ireland is quite huge. within few years, he made his millions.
How huge is the Nigerian community in the UK? Are they enough to make one a millionaire? I think not.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
How huge is the Nigerian community in the UK? Are they enough to make one a millionaire? I think not.

Lmao @ the bolded.

So you don't know there are Nigerians worth millions out here? grin Smfdh.

They are very very very few but they're out there.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Afam4eva(m): 8:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
ShyM-X:

Lmao @ the bolded.

So you don't know there are Nigerians worth millions out here? grin Smfdh.

They are very very very few but they're out there.

They're still not enough to make one a millionaire by buying a magazine even if the magazine is sold to all Nigerians in the UK which is not even possible.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by coogar: 8:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva:

you are ignorant -
ovation was less than a pound in the 90s. the minimum wage then cannot be less than £5 per hour. so i put it to you that every adult nigerian that is capable of reading could afford ovation magazine!
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by funnyx(m): 8:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
la morena: you are a fool then what are you still doing here. im not even sure you are a nigerian.

Go back to school tongue
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by 50calibre(m): 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
What's it with you London buys and ignorance. What has having higher opportunities have to do with having a higher standard of loving. I've been arguing about higher opportunities as opposed to standard of living which i'm relatively indifferent to.

We all know smaller countries have tend to have a higher standard of living compared to bigger countries hence why Scandinavian countries are up there.

Standards of living encompasses everything from education to accomodation to job opportunities to affordable luxury to enough disposable income. There are lots of countries with higher per capita than the UK and even the US.

If this was the 80&90s il agree with you that the US holds the most opportunity, but today? Hell no. Do you know the size of america's debt? Do you know what the future Americans will have to go through? You keep looking at the top 1% ( even less ) of the American population who are billionaires, what are the odds of getting to that top 1% ? I guess you haven't heard what is happening in many American cities like Detroit or New Orleans.

The true land of opportunities have shifted to Asia and the Middle East simple but based on odds, the UK favours the immigrant more, if you know how much benefits some immigrants claim from the UK government, you will be astounded.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by funnyx(m): 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2013

Dude just hate the UK and obviously obsessed with the US grin grin its not anyone fault if many people he knows were deported from the UK and fed him with several tales of their suffering.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by kobonaire(m): 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
50calibre: .......if you know how much benefits some immigrants claim from the UK government , you will be astounded.
.,,,, you say what??, no wonder the likes of coogar are always singing blind and effusive praises of the erstwhile colonial masters ...... so he's being fed by them like a child ... shame shame ..... no wonder he has a moto-mouth
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Acelifted: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
emmysenior:

Mr Peacock or Pocock! Whatever ur name is, I hope you re not insulting us by those fictitious comments of urs?

You are saying the same thing na, abi how you dey even look @ us sef? You think say we no sabi english?

If only our country has a good standard of living that cuts across all walks and spheres of lives. Wetin we go dey find 4 una cold ridden, sun-less, tax-studded country?

Hahahaha. Take am easy ooo
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Inik(m): 10:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
I' have gleaned a lot of info from the various exchanges on this thread. It seems the Uk based Nigerians love their country of residence and will go all lengths to defend it. If we want to tell ourselves the truth we won't dispute the fact that the Uk is a land of opportunities and like someone said earlier any immigrant who takes time to study and understand the system can make it big time in Uk! However we must not shy away from the reality that the economy of Uk is in recession and the country needs as much money as it can get from various sources, hence this visa bond issue. I have friends and relations in Uk who are always complaining about the crazy bills and tax system they have to endure angry

The bottomline is that we Nigerians who are living in Nigeria should be at the forefront at making our country better, we must continously demand for changes in the way we are governed, with all our enormous natural and human resources we should be having first class infrastructure and standard of living like what is obtained in Uk and other western countries. Until we vote in the right leaders who have the interest of this country at heart we will still be in the present quagmire that we are stuck in.
Nigerians in the diasporea should keep on sending the remittances and look for ways to invest in Nigeria, they should see it as their contribution to expanding our economy wink cheesy
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by damiso(f): 12:18am On Jun 27, 2013
This Tory govt can like to think up crazy policies.I wonder how the logistics of the whole thing will work sef? Would it not be more straight forward to just deny those high risk visa applications anyway like the US will do? undecided I heard people in the past paid huge sums to get visiting visas so for some desperadoes the 3k pounds is just part of expenses.People even paid more than that to mushroom colleges for student visa when they for sure are not studying.I dont think people really do that anymore though.

As most people have said typical tory tactic of blaming the immigrants.Like a typical immigrant with battalions to send money to back home will rely on £52 weekly JSA. undecided
Like their EU people are not a worse drain on public amenities.Went to St Thomas's childrens hospital with my son (where I was asked for ID before he could be seen angry) and like 80% of the mothers in waiting room were from Europe.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by chukxie(m): 1:06am On Jun 27, 2013
[quote author=funnyx]

Fear for wia? Rather its people like you that are quick to jump to conclusion, the scheme has not been fully developed and may still need to get parliamentary approval yet some Nigerians are already cursing the UK and threatening retaliation but many of you are quick to say that the UK is finished undecided I cannot but wonder why many Nigerians are
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by igbo2011(m): 3:25am On Jun 27, 2013
cap28:

Yes, the conscious carribeans and other black brits are a joy to be around but the brainwashed coconuts are a major pain in the a.......

and i agree there do seem to be more conscious carribeans and black americans for that matter than conscious africans

notice how the majority of afro centric black scholars tend to be either carribean or american. very rarely african let alone nigerian - have you heard of Dr Chinweizu ibekwe - a nigerian historian - he is one of the few afro centric nigerian scholars - try and get hold of some of his works

I agree with you, most continental Africans are brainwashed self hating AfriCOONS!!

I am a future Economists so my goal is to make the lives of the average Global African )person of African descent) better.

1 Like

Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by igbo2011(m): 5:43am On Jun 27, 2013
ShyM-X:

That's the honest truth.

Why do you think that Africans are not as conscious as Caribbean or American brothers/sisters.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by djsmoothy: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2013
Chinom:

NO. not kidding. I stand 100% on my assertion that "HUMAN LIFE IS WORTH MUCH MORE IN NAIJA THAN IN UK OR US. Do i even need to explain that to you. People are being killed on the streets of London for just a pack of Marlboro. Kids are carrying knives all over the place, ready to stab you on the slightest provocation. Not to mention ' Drive by shootings" It's a cultural thing bro. We,Africans put more premium on human life than those white kids and Ghetto black kids in the Western world. Kids don't kill kids in Nigeria. Do i need to remind you of school shootings in the West. IN Naija we abhor blood. In London they want to see blood. 2 people could fight to death on the streets of London and nobody will raise a finger to stop or separate them. Call the police?. Yea, but most young people dont give a f*uck.
Like i said, bro,it's a cultural difference. Forget about how organized the system is. Those places still have the highest crime rate in th world. Especially homicide. Are you even aware of how low Murder cases are in Nigeria?. Anyway, i'm running low on MBs. I'm running on GLONetpro. So i may not hang around much to argue.
The truth is that i feel SAFER in Nigeria (Lagos) than i London. Actually my biggest fear in the West is some RACIST skin head stabbing me on the streets just for being " BLACK".
Bro really you feel safe in lagos? how many locks do you have on your door? how many wires on your fence? how many times do you ask your wife before bed babe have you double lock the door? talking about the street, lagos where police are killing ppl for N20 is safe? where you call police they tell you they dont have fuel for car, lagos where i was robbed by ppl dressed in police uniform they might even be police officer. No where is safe in the world but please dont compare lagos to london i beg you. A woman was shot in front of me becuase i gave the robbers money and laptop and everything i had they shot her becuase she only had GSM and they let me go how can you be talking crap like this am here typing and getting upset becuase we should be directing all this stuff @ our gov for lack of safety but we sit and compare london a country that gives you chance to be and do what you wanna do so please dont start oooooo i beg talk about racist please have a look at whats going on in nigeria and tell me if we dont have racist people killing in the north

1 Like

Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by SiMPLYCHiC1(f): 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
so the britons they fear gej gov't like this. Wich fear ? Ow u take perceive fear frm wetin d man talk dey beyond me . Dem change d policy? No . Truly I no blame dem 4 wanting 2 checkmate d way we dey take enta dia country,most of us dey do illegal biz ova dia,person go tell immigration say na one month im go stay ,dey 5yrs.serves our leaders ryt 4 making dis place hell 4 most Nigerians.Now dem dey feel insulted.Dey neva see anytin ,tym don dey reach.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by mayo47(m): 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
Donprah: this is so sad especially in Africa, we have so many people that want to travel..and now £3,000 is so big for a high majority of those immigrants... i think the high commissioner to Nigeria over there in Uk should try and look into this

It's only for first time visitors to the UK
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by mayo47(m): 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
la morena: you are a fool then what are you still doing here. im not even sure you are a nigerian.
Ur ignorance excite my disgust! U really need to get sum good education.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by funnyx(m): 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
By the way I have just finished watching a documentary about a 10 stone testicle man who was neglected and allowed to rot away by the American govt just because he has no money.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bodyshock/4od

This type of incident will never ever happen in the UK, each time I see things like this happening in the US coupled with several cases of hailing Americans who resort to crimes just to get treatment I cannot but laugh at ignorant folks who believes USA is eldorado, their heaven on earth. cheesy cheesy
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by funnyx(m): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 27, 2013
igbo2011:

Why do you think that Africans are not as conscious as Caribbean or American brothers/sisters.

Indoctrination, religion, innate defeatist mentality, and lack of black consciousness. We always act like defeated people - perhaps it has more to do with all our successive failed governments and the myopic-view that the black man can never achieve anything substantial.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by coogar: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
funnyx: By the way I have just finished watching a documentary about a 10 stone testicle man who was neglected and allowed to rot away by the American govt just because he has no money.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bodyshock/4od

This type of incident will never ever happen in the UK, each time I see things like this happening in the US coupled with several cases of hailing Americans who resort to crimes just to get treatment I cannot but laugh at ignorant folks who believes USA is eldorado, their heaven on earth. cheesy cheesy

that's america for you, an advanced 3rd world country. a man carried 143-pound tësticles for 5 years before he could be treated. that would not happen to anyone in the UK(legal or illegal) - law abiding citizen or a serial killer.

the stüpid medicaid in nevada couldn't cover it. the doctors had to do it for free before the man could be treated and yet that afam that wears atlanta-tinted glasses would still tell you life in america is better....a country that cannot provide free health is crap to me.

the difference between the US and nigeria is mosquitoes/electricity!
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by funnyx(m): 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
coogar:

that's america for you, an advanced 3rd world country. a man carried 143-pound tësticles for 5 years before he could be treated. that would not happen to anyone in the UK(legal or illegal) - law abiding citizen or a serial killer.

the stüpid medicaid in nevada couldn't cover it. the doctors had to do it for free before the man could be treated and yet that afam that wears atlanta-tinted glasses would still tell you life in america is better....a country that cannot provide free health is crap to me.

the difference between the US and nigeria is mosquitoes/electricity!

It is ridiculous to say the least, the US govt should be ashamed of themselves, they are able to spend several billions of $ on war mongering but couldn't look after their own in time of need.
People like Afam just want to belong at all cost, he is completely ignorant of what he argues about grin grin He may not even know that Scandinavian countries like Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc have far better standard of living than the US or even the UK.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Suhaibu(m): 8:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
Hehe! Funny comments here!

Don't worry my fellow Nigerians. 9ja go better pass UK by 2015. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Don’t Bomb Niger Delta, Umar Warns Buhari / Nigerian Crude Takes New Hit As Buyers Turn To Cheaper Russian Grade / Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.