Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? (23432 Views)

One of the greatest African Leaders/president :Thomas Sankara / Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? / Zik Was The Greatest African, Ojukwu Was The Greatest Igbo - Domkat Bali (north) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by AMossley(m): 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
Who else if not me
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by EmperorSeal(m): 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
jackbauersballs: I'm not sure there's any African alive in Mandela's calibre

The guy is the last of an Era
pls what are his achievements? I will forever prefer mugabe to mandela who was only dancing to the tune dictates of the west, the blacks are still suffering which is why majority of them turned against their fellow blacks instead of the white folks who are still milking them dry. A man whose children are nothing to write home about, with all his achievements, white are still the owners of land in SA while the blacks play the second fidel, pls go check the gap between the blacks and white in SA then you will know better. Abeg make I rest jare as na only my papa OBJ fit dat position even now that he is still alive if not I go chose gadafi spirit

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by successcertain: 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
Abdul murtalab the underwear bomber

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by antartica(m): 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
Desmond Tutu,my humble self and all the conscious africans.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by gr8virus(m): 8:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
<strong> SEUN OSEWA </strong>
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Butoneday2(m): 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
The one and only. But_one_day. just saying/ tongue grin grin grin
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Afam4eva(m): 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
Kwame Nkrumah was more of an Africanist than Mandela. Everything Mandela did was for South Africa.

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
sad[color=#770077][/color]
Techwriter: I don't know your definition of greatness but for me the greatest man alive by human standard is Nelson Mandela. He is greatly respected by his friends and even enemies. I'm just wondering who seconds him in Africa. Well in my opinion OBJ or Pst. Adeboye of Nigeria should fit into that position judging by their unprecedented achievements in life. You may not like them but it has not stopped their achievement or influence TB JOSHUA

This is my opinion, tell me yours
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Rachy12(f): 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
Tonto Decay

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Justice42003: 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2013
Pvin:
seconded
i disagree with you.
It's DESMOND IDIOT:
sorry desmond elliot.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
TB JOSHUA[color=#770077][/color]
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by fapcrook(m): 9:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
jascon1: Jim iyke
why didnt u say Charlie boy
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Greatken007(m): 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
NOBODY DON MENTION MY NAME OOO...

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by 4ormidable(m): 9:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr & Mrs My Father.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Frankbaro(m): 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
jackbauersballs: I'm not sure there's any African alive in Mandela's calibre

The guy is the last of an Era
That's just it.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by nickxtra(m): 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2013
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, as a foremost African Labour leader and one of the best leaders as far as good governance is concerned in Africa.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Philipvivson(m): 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
moodswing: Without any sense of bias, it would surely be our father and President, Goodluck Jonathan.
u dnt evn knw wat u re sayin
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by karpentar: 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
Techwriter: I don't know your definition of greatness but for me the greatest man alive by human standard is Nelson Mandela. He is greatly respected by his friends and even enemies. I'm just wondering who seconds him in Africa. Well in my opinion OBJ or Pst. Adeboye of Nigeria should fit into that position judging by their unprecedented achievements in life. You may not like them but it has not stopped their achievement or influence

This is my opinion, tell me yours
Mandela had the chance but could not turn the fortunes of impoverished south African blacks. Instead he maintained the white supremacy. How can he then be the greatest African when the blacks countinue to suffer and live in squalor unlike the south African whites? You must be suffering from white inferiority complex. My greatest African is Mugabe of Zimbabwe. He has dealt with the whites and they keep on demonizing him..only gullible minds like you would join in this demonizing. Who's OBJ? A Nigerian thief is also on your list? Are you okay?

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Stormborn: 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
What made Nelson mandela the greatest african man. Did he fight for the freedom of all african countries cus from the books i have read it was almost all the african countries especially Nigeria that fought for the independence of south africa, and let us not forget that other countries had people who fought for them e.g. 1- Ghang= kwame nkruma. 2- Nigeria= Nnamdi azikiwe. 3- Zambia= keneth kaunda e.t.c. All these people are heroes of their countries and african as a continent, so i don't see why Nelson mandela should be called the greatest african when these people did the same thing he did.

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by ini4brandon(m): 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
desmond tutu
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by onitshaigbo(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2013
Stormborn: What made Nelson mandela the greatest african man. Did he fight for the freedom of all african countries cus from the books i have read it was almost all the african countries especially Nigeria that fought for the independence of south africa, and let us not forget that other countries had people who fought for them e.g. 1- Ghang= kwame nkruma. 2- Nigeria= Nnamdi azikiwe. 3- Zambia= keneth kaunda e.t.c. All these people are heroes of their countries and african as a continent, so i don't see why Nelson mandela should be called the greatest african when these people did the same thing he did.

Not only did Mandela not give a damm about the rest of Africa, he allowed the whites in South Africa to stay and keep the wealth that they illegally obtained by colonialism and racist oppression. Not only that, South Africa is still being dominated by whites, who use the country as a spring board to economically dominate the rest of the continent.

Look at the owners of the Palms shopping mall in Lagos, and ShopRite supermarket. They're white South Africans.

South Africa can't truly be free without a black leader like Mugabe.

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by karpentar: 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Not only did Mandela not give a damm about the rest of Africa, he allowed the whites in South Africa to stay and keep the wealth that they illegally obtained by colonialism and racist oppression. Not only that, South Africa is still being dominated by whites, who use the country as a spring board to economically dominate the rest of the continent.

Look at the owners of the Palms shopping mall in Lagos, and ShopRite supermarket. They're white South Africans.

South Africa can't truly be free without a black leader like Mugabe.

You're right. He's only a hero to the whites. I prefer Mugabe.

2 Likes

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by karpentar: 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
EmperorSeal: pls what are his achievements? I will forever prefer mugabe to mandela who was only dancing to the tune dictates of the west, the blacks are still suffering which is why majority of them turned against their fellow blacks instead of the white folks who are still milking them dry. A man whose children are nothing to write home about, with all his achievements, white are still the owners of land in SA while the blacks play the second fidel, pls go check the gap between the blacks and white in SA then you will know better. Abeg make I rest jare as na only my papa OBJ fit dat position even now that he is still alive if not I go chose gadafi spirit

OBJ is.a thief.

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by karpentar: 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
amery: Mandela,chinua Achebe, obasanjo,mo Ibrahim, Lan Michael,aliko dangote, Oliver tambo........unfortunately deer are few greatly outstanding people in Africa.....whereas in America we can comfortably list over 100 of them without question.........it is a leadership and value question.

I hate too see OBJ name on this kind of discussion. OBJ is a thief.

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by carlos1(m): 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
R2bees: brown ideye

U almost choked me with lafta
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Ibfred(m): 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Dagods(m): 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
Idi_amin of uganda
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by fydence: 11:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
Saka
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by MrHamfree: 11:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
in my opinion path utomi, will be the next african hero, if given the chance to be Nigeria's president, someday.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by yebuju: 11:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
fydence: Saka
saka koo...kako onikumoekun ni...
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
yuzedo: SO NOBODY VOAT FOUR CHEIF YUZEDO SWEETUS OYOYO?!?! angry angry angry

Your most ardent suporter reporting for duty Sir!
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Nten: 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
All hail Emperor Haile selassie. Bt he is dead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria / NSITF Spent N5.7bn On DSTV Subscription, Fuel Allowance / Gov. Ortom And Suswam Reconcile.see How They Hugged Each Other(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.