Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

APC Picks National Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Picks National Officers (10066 Views)

National Officers Ask Metuh, Secondus To Step Down / APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Picks National Officers by damola311: 8:28am On Jun 26, 2013
THE much-awaited list of national leaders of the All Progressives Congress has been announced with Chief Bisi Akande emerging as the National Chairman and former House Speaker, Aminu Bello Masari as deputy chairman, Northern zone.

Other key names include Chief Tom Ikimi who emerged vice chairman, South South, while former Ekiti State governor, Niyi Adebayo was made vice chairman for the south west. Other vice chairmen include Senator Annie Okonkwo for the South East; General Abdulahi Aboki for the North Central; while former Federal Capital Territory minister, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai was made the deputy national secretary.

The current national secretary of the All Nigeria Peoples Party, Fidelis Tumza emerged the national secretary while Sharon Ikpeazo was made the national women leader. Hajia Sadiat Umar Farouk is the new national treasurer, while Alhaji Lai Mohammed retained his position as the national publicity secretary.

Other slots given to the ACN are national legal adviser, deputy national treasurer, deputy national youth leader, two vice chairmanship seats and two ex-officio members.

It was learnt that the APC caucus meeting Monday night adopted the names which have been reportedly packaged for onward transmission to the Independent National Electoral Commission.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/component/k2/item/15262-apc-picks-national-officers-bisi-akande,-national-chairman-masari,-dep-national-chairman.html

1 Like

Re: APC Picks National Officers by firstolalekan(m): 9:16am On Jun 26, 2013
And BUHARI was chosen as the presidential candidate.... End of story. grin

make i cover my head with umbrella because ppl go soon begin spitting of shiits.

12 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by martin1772(m): 9:18am On Jun 26, 2013
Same old folks we use to know. I wonder how these people wil make d change we desire

6 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by henchamb(m): 9:20am On Jun 26, 2013
APC is on board. 2015 no tribal sentiment. We need a good leader irrespective party or tribe.

3 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by Dogzimalon: 9:20am On Jun 26, 2013
waste of time .chief or what do u call your self annie or anenen okon waten just know that you are now officially the enemy of ndi igbo.apc fool

1 Like

Re: APC Picks National Officers by Fathai(m): 9:21am On Jun 26, 2013
Dancing azonto

yhu no y?

Cos i was the second person to comment.
Re: APC Picks National Officers by KayEnn(m): 9:22am On Jun 26, 2013
I'll comment after this last sip...*continues sipping kaikai...between, 3rd fings

1 Like

Re: APC Picks National Officers by PapaBrowne(m): 9:22am On Jun 26, 2013
Aminu Bello Masari- PDP
EL RUFAI- PDP
TOM IKIMI- PDP
ANNIE OKONKWO- PDP

More than 70% of critical officers of a party that is supposed to be an alternative to the PDP is filled with ex PDP members. And that same party is considering inviting errant PDP governors to join its fold. That same party is eyeing to field a Presidential candidate from the PDP in 2015 as it did with ATIKU in 2007 and Ribadu in 2011.

To think we are told that PDP is the problem of Nigeria. Okay Finally I get it. It is not PDP members that are the problem, it is the name PDP. So we are just changing the name to APC.

31 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by aflovic: 9:23am On Jun 26, 2013
;DLai Mohammed is the national publicity secretary of AP. PDP ti gbe eeeeeeeeee. I mean PDP is in big trouble grin
Re: APC Picks National Officers by Chaflyje(m): 9:24am On Jun 26, 2013
I see em trying hard to satisfy every region with some sort of position, we waiting to see them swing into some meaningful actions. Then we can tell if there is truely an opposition.

1 Like

Re: APC Picks National Officers by filcast(m): 9:25am On Jun 26, 2013
Seemingly weak squad.am disappointed.this is no match to PDP.Imagine Annie OKonkwo as SE VC.when are we gonna get credible opposition to PDP; not this mince meat of a party.

2 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by takedat(m): 9:27am On Jun 26, 2013
Having a "National" Opposition Party is an asset to our democracy irrespective of it being a replica of PDP. Those who tend to demonize the entire political process and participants, should either join one of the two parties in order to dislodge the old and recycled heads or form a brand new party which will be made of "saints and perfectionist"! cheesy grin

11 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by 1Dray(m): 9:27am On Jun 26, 2013
Oh, really?
Re: APC Picks National Officers by Delafruita(m): 9:27am On Jun 26, 2013
Dogzimalon: waste of time .chief or what do u call your self annie or anenen okon waten just know that you are now officially the enemy of ndi igbo.apc fool
what kind of human being is this?so bing a member of a political party is now grounds for been ostracized?what of the "leprous hand" of abacha?have they been officially declared enemies of ndigbo?

1 Like

Re: APC Picks National Officers by saoseun(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2013
Watin dem come give tinubu
Re: APC Picks National Officers by justsayemma(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2013
Dogzimalon: waste of time .chief or what do u call your self annie or anenen okon waten just know that you are now officially the enemy of ndi igbo.apc fool

With this kind of comment,I wonder btw d north n south who is more tribalistic.but u want other tribes 2 vote ur tribe for a national position.I'm yet 2 c what hating other tribes has done 4 ur region.that's 1 of d reason Lagos is what it is 2day,its a home 4 all,my councillor is an igbo guy,Lagos has igbos in its cabinet,yet u people kip hating,yle u wil neva c gud in other tribes.u win my award 4 mumu of d day.congrats,cheerz!!!!! grin

6 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by sofadj(m): 9:31am On Jun 26, 2013
K
Re: APC Picks National Officers by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 26, 2013
[b]old wine in new bottle, did the taste change? no!![[/b]quote author=PapaBrowne]Aminu Bello Masari- PDP
EL RUFAI- PDP
TOM IKIMI- PDP
ANNIE OKONKWO- PDP

More than 70% of critical officers of a party that is supposed to be an alternative to the PDP is filled with ex PDP members. And that same party is considering inviting errant PDP governors to join its fold. That same party is eyeing to field a Presidential candidate from the PDP in 2015 as it did with ATIKU in 2007 and Ribadu in 2011.

To think we are told that PDP is the problem of Nigeria. Okay Finally I get it. It is not PDP members that are the problem, it is the name PDP. So we are just changing the name to APC.

[/quote]
Re: APC Picks National Officers by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:41am On Jun 26, 2013
PapaBrowne: Aminu Bello Masari- PDP
EL RUFAI- PDP
TOM IKIMI- PDP
ANNIE OKONKWO- PDP

There was only ONE major party before this merger. It's not surprising that APC is going to have some former PDP members. Use common sense.

1 Like

Re: APC Picks National Officers by fitzmayowa: 9:41am On Jun 26, 2013
ocman: old wine in new bottle, did the taste change? no!![[/b]quote author=PapaBrowne]Aminu Bello Masari- PDP
EL RUFAI- PDP
TOM IKIMI- PDP
ANNIE OKONKWO- PDP

[b]Nigeria is in big trouble, with this set of disgrunted politicians trying to get to power by al means...SMH

2 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 26, 2013
OLD WINE IN NEW BOTTLE. DID THE TASTE CHANGE? SAME OLD THIEVES..
PapaBrowne: Aminu Bello Masari- PDP
EL RUFAI- PDP
TOM IKIMI- PDP
ANNIE OKONKWO- PDP

1 Like

Re: APC Picks National Officers by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 26, 2013
National treasurer going to a woman is a good start.

2 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by firstolalekan(m): 9:46am On Jun 26, 2013
Fathai: Dancing azonto

yhu no y?

Cos i was the second person to comment.

Your Foolishness knows no boundaries. undecided cry
Re: APC Picks National Officers by Walexz02(m): 9:50am On Jun 26, 2013
Alryt. Let the bashing begin!
Btw, to ya'll dîckheads trying to make this achievement wortless by saying its and old wine in new bottle, bring forth credible subtitude to those PDP members who were criticaly choosen for those positions.
We have been clamouring for change; here it comes!!
Re: APC Picks National Officers by readonenaire(m): 9:52am On Jun 26, 2013
Another PDP in a new coloration, they should just divide these geographical burden, there is sum'n called 'referendum' in the constitution .... *sighs*
Re: APC Picks National Officers by executinal(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2013
Same old fools being recycle again. grin grin

No opposition yet

GEJ 2015 = Automatic ticket to Aso rock. wink wink

3 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 26, 2013
Its the same old *bull*. Its never been about tribal sentiments or a fight against corruption... Its a fight against PDP. And fighting PDP will NOT solve any problems.

The new party is going to consist of people who are presently or have preveiously help political positions... People who have shown high tendencies of Corruption and Incompentency in the past.

The new party doesn't offer any change of ideology. Its the same old collection of *Bad Eggs* forming a new alliance...

However, One thing I know for sure is that Nigeria will get better...Unless the end of the world comes soon. Things may get worse though before they get better and the sacrifices for a corruption free Nigeria may be soo great...
A Revolution comes at great Cost.

3 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 26, 2013
Masari,ex PDP,el rufai ex PDP, annie okonkwo ex Pdp, nd so on, change indeed
Re: APC Picks National Officers by ZURYZEST(m): 9:59am On Jun 26, 2013
MO GBE OOOO, SHEY NA LIKE THIS HE GO DEY DEY?
WHAT A MESS, SAME OLD FOLKS, WE ARE WAITING FOR THE MAGIC THESE ONES WILL PERFORM.
I CANT FIT SHOUT.............
Re: APC Picks National Officers by firstolalekan(m): 9:59am On Jun 26, 2013
saoseun: Watin dem come give tinubu

stop ranting. u dont know politics.
just wait till they start selling tickets....
Re: APC Picks National Officers by ABUGEORGE(m): 10:00am On Jun 26, 2013
I'll support dem, for christ sake we need change, i was an arm robber before doesnt mean i cant be a pastor tomorrow, dat is wat we call change. Let me ask u people, do u people really like d way nigeria is heading. I dont belong to any party but I support dem, i smell better things from dis party. No matter wat, dis opposition makes us to know more about wat is done in aso rock, in all pls we need change. Naija is my lovely country and am proud to be a nigerian. Long live

3 Likes

Re: APC Picks National Officers by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:03am On Jun 26, 2013
martin1772: Same old folks we use to know. I wonder how these people wil make d change we desire
i wonder how u will knw if u neva give them a chance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

States Offer Tax Reliefs To Get World Bank’s Largesse / EXPO 2020 Dubai: Buhari, 10 Ministers Jet Out To Dubai / Weighty Matters About Our Country - By Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.