Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,815 members, 7,844,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

FG May Ban Importation Of Generators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Ban Importation Of Generators (12758 Views)

I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari / World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit / Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by rosytony13: 3:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
[quote
author=Danhumprey]Settle P.H.C.N problem first,then we Nigerians assure
that we will ban the generators ourselves or the generators will ban
themselves. Which ever way you want to put it. Just give us stable
light.[/quote] You have said it all, no more no less.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Marpol: 3:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
GEJ at his best grin
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Soso990240(m): 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
I thnk dat is a wrong thng to do.do our light 1st,nobody go tell d importers say bad market don show.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Demdem(m): 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
This may be a case of putting the cart before the horse but look at it this way. These generator importers have been the ones responsible for frustrating the power efforts of previous governments. So, putting them out of business will go a long way in putting them in their place so that the government will concentrate more on getting the power situation fixed.

Baseless accusation. Are u insinuating that the igbo generator importer are the saboteurs, pipeline vandals etc then why do we av a govt?
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Tinoxky: 4:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
miteolu: "MAY" is indecisive meaning FG is confused.
lol
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by theripper3: 4:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
This may be a case of putting the cart before the horse but look at it this way. These generator importers have been the ones responsible for frustrating the power efforts of previous governments. So, putting them out of business will go a long way in putting them in their place so that the government will concentrate more on getting the power situation fixed.

Afam, how did dis markerters/importers get this imperious in the first place? Don't be surprised some of this supposed lawmakers are importers themselves abi no b naija we dey again?
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Okijajuju1(m): 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
[b]HAHAHAHAAA

Is Jonathan a Learner?!

They dont import Generators anymore.. They are all now assembled in Nigeria. You cant stop Generators.. Try it and the Economy of Nigeria will plummet. Its not like the government provides public power and we reject it.

Its not like Diesel is cheap or even available.

Ban Generators and;

Tourism industry will suffer.. Imagine Nicon Hilto Abuja with no light. Candles in every room grin

Oil & Gas Industries will suffer .. Imagine Shell, Agip, NNPC with no light. Flow stations will shut down.

Telecoms will suffer.. ALL THE EXCHANGE TOWERS IN NIGERIA ARE ALL POWERED BY GENERATORS.. No network coverage anymore.. Back to 1998.

Manufacturing Companys.. Innoson, Chikason, Phamaceutical companys, e.t.c. All dead.

Healthcare.. No light for hospital = More Deaths for hospital. Abi you wan use lantern do operation?

Like seriously.. This Government should learnt to think before speaking!!

If there is public power supply... GENERATORS WILL NOT SELL!!

Make government stop to threaten these lebanese companies jor.. grin[/b]

2 Likes

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Geniusvic(m): 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
This doesn't make sense @ all.. Why'd FG even think of banning importation of Generators when we use electricity for barely 10 hrs a day! D FG should be busy making the power sector better! Nigeria needs at leat 60,000mw
Stable electricity equals 'no generators' :-D
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Afam4eva(m): 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
the_ripper3:

Afam, how did dis markerters/importers get this imperious in the first place? Don't be surprised some of this supposed lawmakers are importers themselves abi no b naija we dey again?
I won't be surprised. I know a lot of them also have a hand in what has become of the power situation.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Demdem(m): 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
I won't be surprised. I know a lot of them also have a hand in what has become of the power situation.
In otherwords, retardeen is helpless. He can't take the bull by the horn. grin
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Cocodiva: 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
F.G and their upside down ways... Always putting the cart before the horse. Smh
How can they even think of banning generators when the electricity situation is getting worse by the day. People are making up for this power failure with gen sets and they are considering placing a ban on it.Most businesses in Nigeria thrive on generators for more than 8hours in a day! Depending on the area .or don't they want us to survive again?
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by maanma: 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
U guys don't need to inform about the banning,if the power supply is steady people will banned themselves from importing generators.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by ifedayo04(m): 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
Gej must be a ggm fucker...u cant provide reliable power supply even after many billions of naira been spent, resently the nation recorded drop in megawatts and mr. President is not looking into that instead,banning generator is what interest him. Guy,abeg start thinking because you have not been doing that.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by mary8374993: 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
great
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Ebenezerk2: 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
it would be nice if power is stable, if the powerful people on top that import generators would allow it to work
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by MaziJero: 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
all we are saying is give us electricity angrygenerator importers are tired of racking money for selling condemned Chinese generators
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Cmoyor: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
There is a clear-cut difference between ''Fg May ban'' and ''Fg will Ban''
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
A full grown man like you talk shit is unbelievable

1 Like

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
ilugunboy: Trying to run before learning how to work...

Give us light...Nigerians on their own will ban the use of Generators without been forced.

Most Sensible Thing I've Read Today...
GEJ. Give us an alternative to these Generators. I for one and I am sure most Nigerians will agree with me that we really do not enjoy using these Generators.
OR
Is there anybody in Nigeria that will put his or her generator on while there is stable power supply from the PHCN?

GEJ: Mind Your Business... Banning Generators is soo not your Business.

1 Like

Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Josab4life: 4:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
D story too long, we have other things doing. Mr presidant give us lite 1st b4 u stop importation of gen.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Josab4life: 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
We don hear, so what are we going to use as alternative since light (nepa) is out of reach?
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Kassidy90(m): 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
Abi awon pple yi n madt ni, ki nlo n wrong pelu yin , una won ban generator and no be say una dey give us regular light....my advice for u is to do that b4 2015 general election then u'll knw who's d boss.....
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by everyday: 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
GEJ should first solve the issue of power failure in the country before deciding whether to ban generators
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by konami001: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
This man dey use diversionary tactics for una.... him just want make we get something to dey talk about for internet... If the PHCN light is of any good, would he spend as much as he has budgeted for light... Na tactics be this... Make im face the real problems.... We nor need President to ban gen...once light stable, you go on gen?
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
Putting the cart before the horse. Typical of pdp.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by sol2galay: 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva:

Please can you specify in which ways they frustrate the power efforts,because this your statement sounds like what they will tell an 85yr old woman in the village.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
decrox199: jobless fool
nah, He ain't jobless.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Longeria(m): 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
naijathings: [size=18pt]Will BAN or MAY BAN ? which one? Okay may ban...
okay.. am chilling with my Rayban.[/size]
Until Nigeria ban generator importation it will never see reliable power supply. 80% of our power problem is sabotage and eighty percent of the sabotage is from these generator importers. I'm a business man, part of my job is to fight anything that slow down my income. So steady light is a bad business hence their sponsorship of power sector sabotage. Before you dislike my post first think what the generator union's major objectives. So think.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
collynzo2: 'walk', 'being'.

Lolzzzz...thanks I saw the gaffe much later. grin cheesy
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by joseph1832(m): 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
I believe Mr President needs brain surgery plain and simple.
Re: FG May Ban Importation Of Generators by ooshinibos: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
i wonder how are leaders think , how can you ban an alternative equipment when you have not provided the real thing , men , ..i guess may because Jonathan has uninterrupted light. , he has forgotten real life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

East-west Road: Progress Report With Pictures / APGA Members May Storm Otuoke Over Unpaid Election Largesse / Thread For South South Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.