Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,266 members, 7,839,343 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US (1185 Views)

Buhari Lied, Boko Haram Still Holds Territory In Nigeria - US Commander / Why Obama Is Not Backing Jonathan / Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Capnd143(m): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
26 June 2013
Punch Ng,
Abuja, Nigeria
Contrary to the much circulating speculation in the media which originated from media firm, saharaReporters that obama is not visiting Nigeria due to corruption, the Us yesterday clarified it stands on the issue.

The United States on Tuesday hinted on the reasons why President Barack Obama won’tvisit Nigeria during his upcoming three-nationtrip to Africa.
According to USofficials, the ongoing insecurity appeared to beresponsible forthe exclusion of Nigeria in Obama’s second visit to the continent.
Obama is scheduled to visit Senegal, Tanzania and South Africa.
The US government said the trip would focus on trade and investment, democratic institution-building, youngpeople, and enhancing economic growth.
American Deputy NationalSecurity Advisor, Ben Rhodes, made this clarifications ata briefing on Tuesday.
The briefing was addressedjointly with the Senior Director for African Affairs Grant Harris and Senior Director for Development and Democracy Gayle Smith, onObama’s upcoming visit.
The text of thebriefing was made available to journalists in Abuja by theInformation Office of the Public Affairs Section of the US Embassy.
Rhodes said, “With respect to Nigeria, we certainly believe that Nigeria is a fundamentally important country to the future of Africa.We’ve put a lotof investment in the relationship with Nigeria through their leadership of ECOWAS, through the significant US business investment in Nigeria and through our security cooperation.
“Obviously, Nigeria is working through some very challenging security issuesright now. And in that process, they’re going to be a partnerof the United States. We certainly believe we’ll have an opportunity to further engagethe Nigerian government through bilateral meetings going forward. But at this point, we just were not able to make it to Nigeria on this particular itinerary.
“I will say that we purposefully designed the itineraries to be able to reach West Africa, South Africa and EastAfrica, and in West Africa, to visit Senegal, a French-speaking, Muslim-majoritydemocracy thatis an important partner of the United States and also provides a platform for the President to speak to the broader region.
“We are also looking at ways, at the President’s town hall in South Africa with young African leaders, to draw in through technology young people in Nigeria and in Kenya, among other places, so that the President is using this trip to speak tothe broader African audience. We recognize we’dlike to go to asmany countries as possible.’’
Source: Punch Nigeria
Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
And so?.. So all the foreigners in 9ja don die bkos of bokoharam.. Obama shud go and sit down.. Mteww, am begining to hate dat man,.. Infat u are BROWN IDEYE!!

1 Like

Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by stanhezo: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
Nigeria is never the only country in Africa. he should visit d ones that need him most. i dont think his coming to Nigeria will change anything in this country. weda he comes to nigeria or not nigeria remains Nigeria. but on the other hand, this boko thin is not givin this country a good name.
Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
We dnt want d coming of antichrist pls so let him stay in his country.
Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Capnd143(m): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
in my candid opinion, the us is just trying to give reasons and explain it actions to avoid "diplomatic drift" from Us to china,japan and india who recently have been showing a lot of interest in africa, a situation where nigeria snubs the us for the later in purchase of weaponry,machineries,technology, and as well as place diplomatic priorities and goodwill on the later wouldnt spell nice day for the Us
Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by buchito1(m): 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
Pls wat is obama?
Do u mean like bama 4 bread

1 Like

Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
Please tell Obama that we dont need them here.

1 Like

Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Rossikk(m): 1:08pm On Jun 26, 2013
Obama? Who is that? Do they mean Oba of Benin?
Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES SHOULD ONLY VISIT CIVILIZED COUNTRIES...AND NIGERIA IS NOT ON THAT LIST...
Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by buchito1(m): 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES SHOULD ONLY VISIT CIVILIZED COUNTRIES...AND NIGERIA IS NOT ON THAT LIST...
Nd have u made any civilised effort 2 make NIGERIA civilized
Dnt knw y some people dnt talk wit sence!
Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
buchito1: Nd have u made any civilised effort 2 make NIGERIA civilized
Dnt knw y some people dnt talk wit sence!

Yes i have...I send small pocket money to feed hungry mouths.....if Nigerians refuse to be civilized that not on me...but no world leader should visit Nigeria again
Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by buchito1(m): 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wich mouth did u feed
If i may ask
Am very sure not mine Or any of my famz!
Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Capnd143(m): 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Yes i have...I send small pocket money to feed hungry mouths.....if Nigerians refuse to be civilized that not on me...but no world leader should visit Nigeria again
you have just successfully established your family as hungry mouths. Then it is ur family that is indeed making nigeria uncivilized by not working bt hungrily waiting for your so called pocket money . You retard.

1 Like

Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Capnd143(m): 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
buchito1: Wich mouth did u feed
If i may ask
that retardeen is definitely clueless! Just because nigerians abroad remitted $22bn back home doest mean he remitted even a kobo! Who knws whether he is the drug pushing and scamming type that bring bad name to Us abroad!
Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
Capnd143: you have just successfully established your family as hungry mouths. Then it is ur family that is indeed making nigeria uncivilized by not working bt hungrily waiting for your so called pocket money . You retard.

I actually never sent anyone in my family a single dime they dont need it...If you continue to insult me...Ill stop sending

money and many mouths will go hungry....is that what you want? your fellow Nigerians to starve to death? am doing my part

to help you people...please don't be an ingrate...
Re: Why Obama Won't Visit Nigeria - US by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
buchito1: Wich mouth did u feed
If i may ask

The money i send benefits the Nigerian economy...which in turn benefits you and your family...please dont be an ingrate

(1) (Reply)

Who Governs Kwara? / I See Revolution In Nigeria... - Tb Joshua / 3rd Anniversary Of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola As D Governor Of State Of Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.