Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,737 members, 7,840,854 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Please Help Me With This!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help Me With This!! (649 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me With This!! by feelme3(m): 12:48am On Jun 27, 2013
Hello Webmasters.
Please I need ur help. Am taking a training in web development and I've just been given my first real test by my supervisor. I am required to float the imagebox to left and have the text wrap around it. But I don't know why the text keeps getting inside the imagebox even after I set a margin-bottom. Here's a link to understand what am trying to say http://www.fextaceswepcoproducts.com/products.html

He did the stylesheet and I don't seem to have a clue as to how to set the <p> to obey the the margin-bottom value.
Here's my code for the imagebox [base.css]

img.portrait
{float: left;
margin: 0 25px 25px 10px;
width: 300px;
height: auto;
border: 3px solid #666;
}

Please help.
Re: Please Help Me With This!! by Afam4eva(m): 1:00am On Jun 27, 2013
Use padding-bottom in instead of margin-bottom, let's see if it works.
Re: Please Help Me With This!! by spikesC(m): 1:29am On Jun 27, 2013
That problem is definitely from somewhere else.

Paste ur html and full css
Re: Please Help Me With This!! by mashnino(m): 1:32am On Jun 27, 2013
ur mistake...

u gave the image a margin-bottom of -30px;

if remove it the whole thing will fall back into place...

try it..
Re: Please Help Me With This!! by Afam4eva(m): 1:35am On Jun 27, 2013
mashnino: ur mistake...

try it..
Where did you see this?
Re: Please Help Me With This!! by spikesC(m): 1:39am On Jun 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
Where did you see this?

I think say i blind ooo, na d thing wey i dey find since grin
Re: Please Help Me With This!! by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:17am On Jun 27, 2013
You have lots of unsemantic codes in your html file.
You have lots of !important command in your css. !important is very dangerous. Stop using it and learn css specificity.

Why save your image with png when the image is not transparent. With png, you got 163KB, but I resaved it with jpg and got 28KB.

Just check this and copy the code and let's see what happens. http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/test
Copy the css code and go to base.css and paste it at the bottom of the file and save, then refresh your page and see.
Re: Please Help Me With This!! by feelme3(m): 3:57am On Jun 27, 2013
GraphicsPlus: You have lots of unsemantic codes in your html file.
You have lots of !important command in your css. !important is very dangerous. Stop using it and learn css specificity.

Why save your image with png when the image is not transparent. With png, you got 163KB, but I resaved it with jpg and got 28KB.

Just check this and copy the code and let's see what happens. http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/test
Copy the css code and go to base.css and paste it at the bottom of the file and save, then refresh your page and see.

Thank you sir. It worked ok but affected some other rules with the lastcolumn class

mashnino: ur mistake...

try it..
You are actually right sir. There was a .resume img class in "screen.css" with a margin-bottom of -30px. I deleted the class and the whole thing fell in place.

I think I can walk into class boldly tomorrow. thank you all
Re: Please Help Me With This!! by Seomartscom: 4:03am On Jun 27, 2013
may i get your website details? Then i can help you?
Re: Please Help Me With This!! by mashnino(m): 9:37am On Jun 27, 2013
feel_me:

You are actually right sir. There was a .resume img class in "screen.css" with a margin-bottom of -30px. I deleted the class and the whole thing fell in place.

I think I can walk into class boldly tomorrow. thank you all

no p....u re welcome

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Know a Site Or Domain Disable By Adsense / New Social Forum Website Review, Suggestions And Comments - Www.kamalsbase.com / How To Make Money Online With Moblie Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.