Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,516 members, 7,826,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! (1111 Views)

Do You Need Inverters Or Solar Energy Systems? / Who Can Supply Solar Energy In Nigeria!? / Have Solar Energy In Your House 24/7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by oziomatv(m): 8:54am On May 14, 2008
What is the Electrical Power(WATTS) of these Appliances In Nigeria?
1 Air-condition
2 Refrigerator
3 Television (plasma)and DVD Machine and Satelite Decorder.
4 Washing machine
5 computer
6 Electric iron
7 Lamp holder
8 Electric water pumper
9 Music sets
10 Security Alarm.

As am looking for a SOLAR ENERGY to install, The company asked me to provide the POWER of these house appliances for them to know the POWER of the SOLAR PANEL to be installed.
And for those in the Forum who has installed it Please shear with me how you did it and the total cost, cause I don't want to spend money later still having the same problem.
Re: Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by oranges(m): 9:35am On May 14, 2008
try this it may help: www.pscindustriesltd.com
Re: Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by oziomatv(m): 9:39am On May 14, 2008
Thanks Bros.
Re: Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by oziomatv(m): 9:46am On May 14, 2008
oranges:

try this it may help: www.pscindustriesltd.com

This one is only for street light and car park etc,

But am looking for the one to serve a complete building and it's electrical appliances in nigeria.
Re: Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by abujabooks(f): 4:30pm On May 14, 2008
Re: Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by abujabooks(f): 11:38am On May 21, 2008
@Oziomatv,

Which company is installing your solar panels? Email me or post their details.
Re: Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by earthrealm(m): 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2008
chk the back panel of those appliances.the wattages r written there,

iron is from 1000watts to 1600 watss for steam iron

washing machine is up to 3000watts
microwave 1000 watss, etc

dude the battery bank that can power allthese items that u listed will take up an entire room!!!.

the cash will run into millions,
Re: Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by kokorunna(m): 11:21am On Jun 18, 2008
If you need help then contact me at kokorunna@yahoo.com
Re: Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by wirinet(m): 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2008
@Poster
I am an architect, but i have quite a lot of knowledge about electricity, I ca help you with your question

Airconditioner - The power rating depends on the horse power of your compressor, 1hp appoximates 760watts,
you need a starting power of about 3 times the power rating to get it started (starting current)

Refrigerator - Same thing as an airconditioner as it uses a compressor.

Plasma TV - I am not sure but I know they consume power more than any other types of TV. It also depends on the
size. I guess it is between 300 - 600 watts. Check the back of the TV.
Computer - I am guessing Desktop, I reckon it is between 200 - 400 watts.

Electric Iron - Usually between 1000 - 1500watts

Lamp Holder - It depends on the type of bulb, it is clearly written on the bulbs

Water Pump - Also depends on the horse power (hp)

DVD AND DECODER consume very little power somewhere between 15 - 30 watts

Music Set depends on the wattage of your speakers.

I hate generators because i believe it is not economical in the long run (with the increasing cost of fuel and an end to power shortage not in sight. So i installed a very simple cheap system using an ordinary UPS with a 120 AH battery, It serves me with the basic power to run my TV Lights (energy saving bulbs) and fans for four hours when fully charged. The whole set up cost me less than N15,000. The Light situation in Ikorodu is good.

You cannot power all those appliances using Solar, the cost will run into some millions. To run a Solar system, you need three components,
I solar panels - A panel is between N20,000 - 30,000 and you will need quite a lot.
A battery system to store the charge from the solar panels, you will also need over 10,000Ah of battery for your needs
An inverter to convert the DC from the battery to AC. Any inverter over 10kv will run into millions and it has to be specially ordered.

My advice to you is to only attempt to run the basic appliances like lights, TV, DVD, music set, fans and maybe fridges with either solar or a charger(to charge the battery when there is NEPA) or a combination of bath. How long it will last will depend on consumption and number of your batterries.

I hope i have helped
Re: Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by abbyode(m): 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2008
wirinet:

@Poster
I am an architect, but i have quite a lot of knowledge about electricity, I ca help you with your question

Airconditioner - The power rating depends on the horse power of your compressor, 1hp appoximates 760watts,
you need a starting power of about 3 times the power rating to get it started (starting current)

Refrigerator - Same thing as an airconditioner as it uses a compressor.

Plasma TV - I am not sure but I know they consume power more than any other types of TV. It also depends on the
size. I guess it is between 300 - 600 watts. Check the back of the TV.
Computer - I am guessing Desktop, I reckon it is between 200 - 400 watts.

Electric Iron - Usually between 1000 - 1500watts

Lamp Holder - It depends on the type of bulb, it is clearly written on the bulbs

Water Pump - Also depends on the horse power (hp)

DVD AND DECODER consume very little power somewhere between 15 - 30 watts

Music Set depends on the wattage of your speakers.

I hate generators because i believe it is not economical in the long run (with the increasing cost of fuel and an end to power shortage not in sight. So i installed a very simple cheap system using an ordinary UPS with a 120 AH battery, It serves me with the basic power to run my TV Lights (energy saving bulbs) and fans for four hours when fully charged. The whole set up cost me less than N15,000. The Light situation in Ikorodu is good.

You cannot power all those appliances using Solar, the cost will run into some millions. To run a Solar system, you need three components,
I solar panels - A panel is between N20,000 - 30,000 and you will need quite a lot.
A battery system to store the charge from the solar panels, you will also need over 10,000Ah of battery for your needs
An inverter to convert the DC from the battery to AC. Any inverter over 10kv will run into millions and it has to be specially ordered.

My advice to you is to only attempt to run the basic appliances like lights, TV, DVD, music set, fans and maybe fridges with either solar or a charger(to charge the battery when there is NEPA) or a combination of bath. How long it will last will depend on consumption and number of your batterries.

I hope i have helped

Hello, i would like to know more about the UPs u installed as i would like to install same.
Please can we hook up? I live at ikorodu as well and my no is 08074995488.
Brgds,
Re: Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by wolexanda(m): 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2008
dat is what we're saying that is killing the economy,given job to people like u who are not competent,who does'nt go to
Re: Pleaese Help Me On This Solar Energy Problem! by abujabooks(f): 11:43am On Jul 02, 2008
@Wirinet,

Where can I buy the 120 AH Battery?

How do I go about connecting it to the energy saving bulbs and TV?

Help!

(1) (Reply)

Properties In Strategic Places Within And Arround Lagos / / / Genuine & Cheap Land At Ibeju Lekki (N800k - 2.5m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.