Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos (39680 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / PHOTOS: Tinubu's Daughter Crowned The New Iyaloja Of Lagos State / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Maxymilliano(m): 7:31am On Jun 28, 2013
Daughter of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) national leader, Senator Bola Tinubu, Mrs. Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, officially succeeded her grandmother, the late Alhaja Abibat Mogaji, Thursday following her inauguration by the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu.

Tinubu-Ojo, whose selection as the new President-General of the Association of Nigerian Market Women and Men, a post held by Tinubu’s mother who died on June 15, had generated controversy , was installed at a ceremony at the late Mogaji’s Ikeja house, which was attendedby market leaders from the state.

Akiolu was represented by his white cap chiefs, led by Obanikoro of Lagos, Chief Soji Bembe.

After the traditional rites, Tinubu-Ojo explained that managing the elderly women “should not be a challenge. I have been working close with mama and I have picked one or two things from her and I believe God will give me the wisdom and the grace to discharge my duties accordingly”.

She said her vision was “to create the enabling environment for market men and women to operate without being molested; to have more organised markets and to give them (traders) a sense of belonging in a political situation in Nigeria”.

On how she would cope in her new position despite being the leader of the Lagos State Market Development Board, she said she only needed to reorder her priorities to devote more time to the jobs.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tinubu-s-daughter-installed-traders-leader-amid-controversy/151783/
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 7:36am On Jun 28, 2013
grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by asha80(m): 7:36am On Jun 28, 2013
Maxymilliano: Daughter of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) national leader, Senator Bola Tinubu, Mrs. Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, officially succeeded her grandmother, the late Alhaja Abibat Mogaji, Thursday following her inauguration by the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu.

Tinubu-Ojo, whose selection as the new President-General of the Association of Nigerian Market Women and Men, a post held by Tinubu’s mother who died on June 15, had generated controversy , was installed at a ceremony at the late Mogaji’s Ikeja house, which was attendedby market leaders from the state.

Akiolu was represented by his white cap chiefs, led by Obanikoro of Lagos, Chief Soji Bembe.

After the traditional rites, Tinubu-Ojo explained that managing the elderly women “should not be a challenge. I have been working close with mama and I have picked one or two things from her and I believe God will give me the wisdom and the grace to discharge my duties accordingly”.

She said her vision was “to create the enabling environment for market men and women to operate without being molested; to have more organised markets and to give them (traders) a sense of belonging in a political situation in Nigeria”.

On how she would cope in her new position despite being the leader of the Lagos State Market Development Board, she said she only needed to reorder her priorities to devote more time to the jobs.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tinubu-s-daughter-installed-traders-leader-amid-controversy/151783/
i thought tinubu denied this?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by idupaul: 7:39am On Jun 28, 2013
Where are those people who said Tinubu is not the Oba of Lagos? Huh

22 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 7:39am On Jun 28, 2013
asha 80: i thought tinubu denied this?

One of those wonders of being human . . .
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 7:45am On Jun 28, 2013
I respect Oba Akiolu's decision. May he reign for as long as his creator deem fit.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Maxymilliano(m): 7:47am On Jun 28, 2013
“We don’t have time for that kind of thing. We are strategising for 2015 and they are talking about market,”. “Who has interest in that kind of thing?” - Joe Igbokwe, Lagos ACN spokesperson.

Lagos will be free someday ...

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 7:51am On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem: I respect Oba Akiolu's decision. May he reign for as long as his creator deem fit.

Seriously?

Well that is forked up!!!

I refuse to believe that the kings council can confer a title even in the absence of the king. I still don't believe this. If it is true, then I am sorry for my dear state. This is daylight robbery and clear greed.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by justsayemma(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2013
U guys r 4ny,MAXIMILANO et al, d prices of foods dats sky rocketin by d day,despite d voodoo improvement in agric sector,is not ur problem,its who a yoruba institution installs is ur problem.if Ojukwu's son is given a post by d obi of nnewi,n a yoruba man is complaining,wil it make sense 2 u? Y cant u people mind ur underdeveloped states n leave Lag alone?

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by takedat(m): 7:54am On Jun 28, 2013
idupaul: Where are those people who said Tinubu is not the Oba of Lagos? Huh
Is Tinubu the Oba of Lagos? It is a "traditional" chieftancy title and not a political appointment, if she is the preferred choice of the Oba we all have to live with it. You can't question the decision of the Oba on this matter even if it dis-pleases us!

When did the late Iyaloja's residence become Iga Iduganran? If any installation/coronation is to be done, it should be the King's palace! And how come THISDAY was the only newspaper present at the installation? Not even Tinubu's, The Nation, Vanguard, Punch and other mainstream news outlet is/are reporting this installation!

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 7:55am On Jun 28, 2013
If true, then tinubu must be uprooted and all his future ambition in Lagos and Nigeria must be stunted!

What rubbish is this! We shall not be put into servitude! Lagosians must rise against this evil! If left to his own devices, tinubu and indeed ACN might end up causing us even more damage than the evil PDP.

We must resist this nonsense!

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 7:56am On Jun 28, 2013
take dat: Is Tinubu the Oba of Lagos? It is a "traditional" chieftancy title and not a political appointment, if she is the preferred choice of the Oba we all have to live with it. You can't question the decision of the Oba on this matter even if it dis-pleases you!

Reservation: When did the

Rubbish!!!

Utter nonsense!!!

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 7:58am On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Seriously?

I refuse to believe that the kings council can confer a title even in the absence of the king. I still don't believe this. If it is true, then I am sorry for my dear state. This is daylight robbery and clear greed.

It's the kings decision and not chiefs. There is no discord in the palace. I have this strong feeling that the new iyaloja has has been prepared for a day like this even before the demise of the former. It's their decision and I respect it.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by takedat(m): 7:58am On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Rubbish!!!

Utter nonsense!!!
Depose the king/Go to Court!
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by slimghost(m): 8:00am On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Rubbish!!!

Utter nonsense!!!

Desola, is that you? Hmmmm. Well am really surprised but kudos to you for standing up for truth.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 8:00am On Jun 28, 2013
I dey feel this man Tinubu cos he is synonymous with power in Lagos affairs . . .

This story shows Tinubu firm hold over the Oba of Lagos grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 8:01am On Jun 28, 2013
This sh1t has gone too far! Way too far!!!

No one can be trusted to lead this country out of darkness anymore. Nigeria indeed has gone to the dogs!

Fork akiolu! Fork the tinubus! Fork the abalujes who do not see the clear nepotism going on here!

30 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 28, 2013
@OP, must u waste this space for a useless topic like this? Mtcheeeeewundecided
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:06am On Jun 28, 2013
Some people still don't have a job yet she wants to manage jobs. Nigeria which way
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 28, 2013
Ok
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 28, 2013
Is she fine? Can I marry her daughter in other to get a ministerial position by the APC led govt come 2015? Only time will tell
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Maxymilliano(m): 8:09am On Jun 28, 2013
justsayemma: U guys r 4ny,MAXIMILANO et al, d prices of foods dats sky rocketin by d day,despite d voodoo improvement in agric sector,is not ur problem,its who a yoruba institution installs is ur problem.if Ojukwu's son is given a post by d obi of nnewi,n a yoruba man is complaining,wil it make sense 2 u? Y cant u people mind ur underdeveloped states n leave Lag alone?

You must be a clown to attach my username to the bold part of your post, Tinubu himself is not more a Lagosian than I do!

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by KINGwax(m): 8:15am On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Seriously?

iyalaje has alwys been by influence, wealth, and not election. What are u people ranting abt?
As a yoruba entity, u shld knw dt the post of iyalaje is a political appointment where the King decides who presides over the office.

And if the interest of the market will be considered, then who else will be a better option to bring influence and govt attention?

She has been in the market since d days of her mother. She is a trader that has travelled far and wide. This is not a matter of age.

In abeokuta, the iyaloja was a toung rich lady, and the iyalaje was alaba lawnson who doesn't even av a market. This was even years back!

We need to be informed.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 28, 2013
This kind of power-grab betrays all the symptoms of megalomania.
The tipping point is not too far off now.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by mike404(m): 8:19am On Jun 28, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked obiagelli are you really the One saying this
Desola: This sh1t has gone too far! Way too far!!!

No one can be trusted to lead this country out of darkness anymore. Nigeria indeed has gone to the dogs!

Fork akiolu! Fork the tinubus! Fork the abalujes who do not see the clear nepotism going on here!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Omisore Enters Coalition With APC - Sahara Reporters / Tafawa Balewa’s Tomb To Get Facelift (Photo) / Wike Commissions Port-Harcourt Gardens Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.