Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

ATM Fraud By Banks Any Advice To Stop It? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ATM Fraud By Banks Any Advice To Stop It? (591 Views)

Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window / Over =n=80 Billion Fraud By Alhaji Layi Alabi, Toyin Pinheiro (san) Access Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Fraud By Banks Any Advice To Stop It? by akanbiaa(m): 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
I recently used my firstbank Verve Atm card to withdraw on a GTB bank ATM machine and the amount was deducted but not dispensed twice and I went to lodge a complaint at the bank all I was told by an impatient and aggressive staff in the ATM section was to fill a form and wait for a week and its now over and no one is willing to do anything about it.
My question is should I just fold my arms and let my hard earned money go in vain or what can I do to rectify the problem and also to avoid other peopke from falling into such,Please I need your advices and experience on these issue is it a delibrate fraud or error from the bank and why don't they want to rectify the problem if its an error indeed?
Re: ATM Fraud By Banks Any Advice To Stop It? by CrazyMan(m): 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
akanbi a a: I recently used my firstbank Verve Atm card to withdraw on a GTB bank ATM machine and the amount was deducted but not dispensed twice and I went to lodge a complaint at the bank all I was told by an impatient and aggressive staff in the ATM section was to fill a form and wait for a week and its now over and no one is willing to do anything about it.
My question is should I just fold my arms and let my hard earned money go in vain or what can I do to rectify the problem and also to avoid other peopke from falling into such,Please I need your advices and experience on these issue is it a delibrate fraud or error from the bank and why don't they want to rectify the problem if its an error indeed?
Go back to the bank and request to see the branch manager…lodge your complains to him and he would direct you to one of the staffs who would rectify the problem for you.

Good luck.
Re: ATM Fraud By Banks Any Advice To Stop It? by bolorunfem(f): 10:51am On Aug 21, 2013
@Poster,
How did you have the case resolved? Were you eventually able to recover your money? I have a similar experience at this same First Bank on Monday. I withdrew a certain amount via ATM and cash was not dispensed while I received an immediate debit alert. Good it was within the banking hall and I simply walked to the customer care desk and complained to the guy in charge of ATM who quickly dismissed me with 'it will be reversed within 24 hours' which never happened. I went back there yesterday (24hrs later)and I was made to fill a form and go, that it would be reversed later yesterday. As at last night when I checked it still was hanging and when I reported to the Branch Manager this morning she summoned the ATM guy and they both did some abracadabrah, apologised and requested that I shd give them till evening today. Can someone tell me what to do, the amount involved is N40k and its much more than I can give them oh, the stupid bank gave me an end of month interest of 01kobo on about N400,000 and deducted N10.00k as sms alert! Isn't there a place where this kind of complaint can be sent to? This is frustrating sad
Re: ATM Fraud By Banks Any Advice To Stop It? by akanbiaa(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
I was able to get 50% of my money back thru consistent emailing of customer service contacts of the bank and also visiting different branches to lay same complaints but seems I amount be able to get the remaining so you should keep bothering them and lesson learnt is NEVER USE YOUR ATM CARD on another BANK ATM MACHINE only YOUR BANK if error occur it will be easier resolved and if its fraud you can lay your complaints to higher offices that can send independent auditors to investigate

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Latest Trend On The Internet? / My Budget / Urgent Help Needed As Regards Nigeria's History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.