Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 (9963 Views)

Daniel Dumps PDP, Joins Labour Party / List Of Candidates For Anambra 2014 Governorship Election / Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
Anambra 2014: Ifeanyi Uba joins Labour Party
on June 28, 2013 at 10:01 pm in News
By Enyim Enyim, Onitsha
A governorship aspirant and philanthropist, Dr Ifeanyi Ubah Friday finally pitched his political tent with the Labour Party for the 2014 governorship polls in Anambra state.
To ensure that due process was followed in his registration as a member of the party, Ubah went to his Obiokpuno, Otolo Nnewi ward where the chairman of the ward, Mr Amobi Nkerimonye registered him while the secretary of the ward, Mr Emeka Adirika issued him with the LP membership card.

Ifeanyi Uba
Speaking at the state secretariat of the party after performing the same ceremony at Nnewi North Local Government chapter of the party, Ubah stated,” I thank you all my brothers. Today, I want to tell you that I have joined the Labour Party. I came into Labour Party so that we can join hands to reform Anambra state”.
Ubah said he decided to join LP after due consultations with the churches, family, elders and stakeholders in the state who endorsed his choice for the party.
“ I have made consultations before deciding to join Labour Party. After the consultations, I came to the conclusion that the only party that has human beings as their symbols was only LP while others were represented by inanimate objects”.
He said his campaign organization and the members of LP would hold 14 days prayer to  ask God for forgiveness that the people of Anambra had allowed a party with a cock symbol to govern the state.
Earlier, the state chairman of the party, Mr Samuel Orargbulam thanked Ubah for joining the party, saying that they had been praying for a credible, suitable, qualified and acceptable aspirant like him to join the party.
He said that with such aspirant like Ubah, the party would sweep the governorship polls come 2014 and make sure that the state was given its proper place in the country that would come from his development projects.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/anambra-2014-ubah-joins-labour-party/

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by ACM10: 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
Who cares? He can join CPC. It doesn't change anything. He's not gonna win the election.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
Goodluck to him, but Chukwuma Soludo is the MAN!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by kelvincoll(m): 11:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
Watching in 3D!

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by okolichibuzor(m): 11:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
ifyanyi ubah, is a failure. He will nt win. He kwns dat obi is a bad politican and he will nt give him flag on all progressive grand arance... Dat is why he run to labour party. Too bad. Come to think about it he want to share de good people of anambra de remaining part of the stoling money he made from oil........ Good people of anambar plz if ifyanyi ubah share or gives u money collect it. It is part of de money he stole from we de public purse.it is our money too.... And don't vote for people who cn't change for the face of our state. De likes of ifyanyi ubah.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:01am On Jun 29, 2013
The handwriting is in bold; Ifeanyi will never become the governor of Anambra,he probably knows this but I don't know why he kept trying. Oseloka Obaze is our choice and nobody can stop this.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by slimghost(m): 6:25am On Jun 29, 2013
I said before that ifeanyi Uba will never get the APGA ticket. Its also looking like Andy Ubah will nick the PDP ticket but all in all, Oseloka Obaze will be the next Governor of Anambra State. Just watch and see.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 7:15am On Jun 29, 2013
Oseloka Obaze is only known in nairaland but Ifeanyi Ubah is known nationwide. Oseloka Obaze is an under-dog and thats one of the reasons why Gov Obi is recently sharing free money to different groups to boost his popularity and help get people's endorsement of Oseloka Obaze but that will be unfortunate as strong contenders like Ifeanyi Ubah,Chris Ngige will never give them rest and for my brothers in anambra,please help me confirm to the people here that Ifeanyi Ubah's supporters are now in great number in anambra and as such,political party affiliation will not stop him.
Meanwhile,i wish every contender in anambra guber race,goodluck! One thing about politicians is that they are all intent to work and to steal and therefore,they are all the same.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by Zonacom(m): 7:18am On Jun 29, 2013
Its official! Ifeanyi ubah has lost out of this governorship race
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by asha80(m): 8:09am On Jun 29, 2013
Sealeddeal: Oseloka Obaze is only known in nairaland but Ifeanyi Ubah is known nationwide. Oseloka Obaze is an under-dog and thats one of the reasons why Gov Obi is recently sharing free money to different groups to boost his popularity and help get people's endorsement of Oseloka Obaze but that will be unfortunate as strong contenders like Ifeanyi Ubah,Chris Ngige will never give them rest and for my brothers in anambra,please help me confirm to the people here that Ifeanyi Ubah's supporters are now in great number in anambra and as such,political party affiliation will not stop him.
Meanwhile,i wish every contender in anambra guber race,goodluck! One thing about politicians is that they are all intent to work and to steal and therefore,they are all the same.
the same way an underdog obi won elections in 2003.did you see the daft reason ubah gave as the reason he joined labour?well i know you are just interested in eating his money miss road money.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by slimghost(m): 8:27am On Jun 29, 2013
Sealeddeal: Oseloka Obaze is only known in nairaland but Ifeanyi Ubah is known nationwide. Oseloka Obaze is an under-dog and thats one of the reasons why Gov Obi is recently sharing free money to different groups to boost his popularity and help get people's endorsement of Oseloka Obaze but that will be unfortunate as strong contenders like Ifeanyi Ubah,Chris Ngige will never give them rest and for my brothers in anambra,please help me confirm to the people here that Ifeanyi Ubah's supporters are now in great number in anambra and as such,political party affiliation will not stop him.

Double post
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by slimghost(m): 8:28am On Jun 29, 2013

Either you are daft or very ignorant of Anambra politics. Oseloka Obaze as we speak commands an outstanding support in rural areas and I hope you know how massive their support counts during elections. Peter Obi also used this same grassroot support to thrash your Ngige twice, so please keep shut. As for Ifeany Ubah, that clown won't even get block votes from Nnewi. Anambraa politics has passed the age of money politics,touting and Noise making. As I write this now, Dr Chris Ngige is still doing his so called consultations knowing fully well he can't be the next Anambra Governor as long as Peter Obi is still alive, and certainly nott under APC.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 29, 2013
Zona.com:
Its official! Ifeanyi ubah has lost out of this governorship race

Of course. The Labour Party is a graveyard for politicians in Anambra State. I think the fool would regret wasting his fortune on a futile quest.

As for the Obaze guy some of you are hyping here, he is an unknown quantity in Anambra, and there is no heavyweight with mass appeal (i.e. Ojukwu) to prop him up and sell his candidacy to the electorate. If Peter Obi makes the mistake of handing the ticket to this Obaze guy, then the governorship election would be a straight two-horse race between Andy Uba (PDP) and Nwabueze Ngige (APC).

I personally prefer Andy Uba though.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by asha80(m): 8:39am On Jun 29, 2013
pro01:

Of course. The Labour Party is a graveyard for politicians in Anambra State. I think the fool would regret wasting his fortune on a futile quest.

As for the Obaze guy some of you are hyping here, he is an unknown quantity in Anambra, and there is no heavyweight with mass appeal (i.e. Ojukwu) to prop him up and sell his candidacy to the electorate. If Peter Obi makes the mistake of handing the ticket to this Obaze guy, then the governorship election would be a straight two-horse race between Andy Uba (PDP) and Nwabueze Ngige (APC).

andy uba indeed.hand over the state to andy and anambra is finished.is that why in the senate he is heading the inec matters so that he can perfect his rigging?just say you are interested in contracts you might get if he becomes governor.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by slimghost(m): 8:42am On Jun 29, 2013
pro01:

Oga oo, nobody is hyping Obaze here. I personally prefer Soludo but the truth is,Obaze's grassroot support is intimidating. He may not be that popular in Onitsha, but visit most of the rural dwellings in Anambra and get your facts right. Even in my own LG (Njikoka), dude is as popular as hell. Like I said before, Peter Obi's good rapport with rural dwellers swings the pendulum in Obaze's favor. FACT

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by PHIPEX(m): 8:54am On Jun 29, 2013
He said his campaign organization and the members of LP would hold 14 days prayer to ask God for forgiveness that the people of Anambra had allowed a party with a rooster symbol to govern the state.

This guy is a big clown, so of all the reasons in the world this is all he could tell us was his reason for joining the party? What a shallow thinker.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 9:12am On Jun 29, 2013
slimghost:

Either you are daft or very ignorant of Anambra politics. Oseloka Obaze as we speak commands an outstanding support in rural areas and I hope you know how massive their support counts during elections. Peter Obi also used this same grassroot support to thrash your Ngige twice, so please keep shut. As for Ifeany Ubah, that clown won't even get block votes from Nnewi. Anambraa politics has passed the age of money politics,touting and Noise making. As I write this now, Dr Chris Ngige is still doing his so called consultations knowing fully well he can't be the next Anambra Governor as long as Peter Obi is still alive, and certainly nott under APC.
i am always ready to analyse politics but not to say anything i want for personal gain. Actually, Oseloka Obaze is almost an unknown face in anambra politics. Gov Obi commands grass-root support and he intend to use it to win votes for Obaze. If Oseloka Obaze commands popularity as you alleged,APGA will not be in crisis.In fact,Gov Obi govt handled issues of flooding using Oseloka Obaze to try boosting his image but still,he remains an under-dog because people fail to recognise his handling of flood on personal note. If Oseloka Obaze contest election without Gov Obi's support,using thE popularity u claimed he has,Ifeanyi Ubah will defeat him without stress.He is an under-dog.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by slimghost(m): 9:18am On Jun 29, 2013
Sealeddeal: i am always ready to analyse politics but not to say anything i want for personal gain. Actually, Oseloka Obaze is almost an unknown face in anambra politics. Gov Obi commands grass-root support and he intend to use it to win votes for Obaze. If Oseloka Obaze commands popularity as you alleged,APGA will not be in crisis.In fact,Gov Obi govt handled issues of flooding using Oseloka Obaze to try boosting his image but still,he remains an under-dog because people fail to recognise his handling of flood on personal note. If Oseloka Obaze contest election without Gov Obi's support,using thE popularity u claimed he has,Ifeanyi Ubah will defeat him without stress.He is an under-dog.
Good. At least you know how strong Obi's grassroot support is. Now back to Obaze,yes Obi used the sharing of flood victims relief materials to endear him to the rural dwellers and it worked perfectly. He is also always in touch with those rural dwellers and commands respect from them. Of course I accept he still needs Peter Obi's endorsement as he is not an influential APGA member. Having said that, the only person that slightly stands in his way is just Chris Ngige. Thank You.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by slimghost(m): 9:23am On Jun 29, 2013
Three things are going to make Obaze the next Anambra State Governor as long as Obi supports him.
1. His strong connection with rural dwellers
2. Obi's intimidating grassroot support
3. Obi's rapport with top PDP hierarchy at the federal level and the presidency in general.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by drnoel: 9:25am On Jun 29, 2013
yawns
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 9:26am On Jun 29, 2013
asha 80: the same way an underdog obi won elections in 2003.did you see the daft reason ubah gave as the reason he joined labour?well i know you are just interested in eating his money miss road money.
The reason he gave for joining LP is such that APGA will be discredited;its not a bad reason. Gov Obi was an under-dog when he won his first election but you need to understand the prevailing situation that existed then and what is on ground now. Ojukwu was an idol among Igbos and the support he gave Gov Obi coupled with people's hatred for PDP gave Gov Obi victory.On the other hand,Gov Obi is no idol in anambra state.in fact,his critics are bigger in number than his supporters in anambra and thats why you see him carrying out different forms of philantropic moves to counter the likes of Ifeanyi Ubah and Dr Obinna Uzoh. Gov Obi's popularity cannot save Obaze and thats why u see him spending money recklessly recently.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by slimghost(m): 9:38am On Jun 29, 2013
Sealeddeal: The reason he gave for joining LP is such that APGA will be discredited;its not a bad reason. Gov Obi was an under-dog when he won his first election but you need to understand the prevailing situation that existed then and what is on ground now. Ojukwu was an idol among Igbos and the support he gave Gov Obi coupled with people's hatred for PDP gave Gov Obi victory.On the other hand,Gov Obi is no idol in anambra state.in fact,his critics are bigger in number than his supporters in anambra and thats why you see him carrying out different forms of philantropic moves to counter the likes of Ifeanyi Ubah and Dr Obinna Uzoh. Gov Obi's popularity cannot save Obaze and thats why u see him spending money recklessly recently.

From this your post, its obvious you are a sycophant! Just collect the money from Ifeanyi Ubah but make sure you tell him the truth, which is,he cannot win a gubernatorial election in Anambra State. The clown is not even among the forerunners.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2013
slimghost:
Good. At least you know how strong Obi's grassroot support is. Now back to Obaze,yes Obi used the sharing of flood victims relief materials to endear him to the rural dwellers and it worked perfectly. He is also always in touch with those rural dwellers and commands respect from them. Of course I accept he still needs Peter Obi's endorsement as he is not an influential APGA member. Having said that, the only person that slightly stands in his way is just Chris Ngige. Thank You.
I want you to understand that anambra state has 177 communities and flood hit about 13 communities and ofcourse you know that Obaze MAY only be known by peoples of thess communities of which u know that almost all anambra strong men spent a good deal of cash to win favour of the people in those flood ravaged area. In fact,Gov obi will not stop thanking Dr Obinna Uzoh for what he spent in re-habilitating the people of those communities.So,i want you to note that Oseloka Obaze has no support base in anambra state.
Equally,i read your post where you claimed that Gov Obi's federal connection will save Oseloka Obaze,it almost make me think you are joking. President Jonathan's interest in anambra state cannot be over-emphasized and thats why you will notice that his closest friend is contesting and if you think that President will allow Gov Obi have a field day,then it means u dont understand why politics is a game of interest.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by tripleaa: 9:45am On Jun 29, 2013
Nze Akachukwu Nwankpo will suprise many of you..the most intelligent of them all. A strategist and visionary personality..
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 9:52am On Jun 29, 2013
slimghost:

From this your post, its obvious you are a sycophant! Just collect the money from Ifeanyi Ubah but make sure you tell him the truth, which is,he cannot win a gubernatorial election in Anambra State. The clown is not even among the forerunners.
A position thats being contested by 40 people can only be won by one person. I am not saying that Ifeanyi Ubah must win but to say that Ifeanyi Ubah doesnt stand a chance is erroneous.
The top contenders in anambra 2014 guber race is:
1) Dr Chris Ngige
2) Dr Ifeanyi Ubah
3) Dr Obinna Uzoh
4) Prof Charles Soludo
5) Chief Andy Ubah
6) Chief Akachukwu Nwamkpo
7) Mr Nicolas Ukachukwu
and if i explain to you the hurdles that some of the above contestant will pass,u will find out that the number will reduce to four of which Ifeanyi Ubah remain part of.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by slimghost(m): 9:56am On Jun 29, 2013
Sealeddeal: I want you to understand that anambra state has 177 communities and flood hit about 13 communities and ofcourse you know that Obaze MAY only be known by peoples of thess communities of which u know that almost all anambra strong men spent a good deal of cash to win favour of the people in those flood ravaged area. In fact,Gov obi will not stop thanking Dr Obinna Uzoh for what he spent in re-habilitating the people of those communities.So,i want you to note that Oseloka Obaze has no support base in anambra state.
Equally,i read your post where you claimed that Gov Obi's federal connection will save Oseloka Obaze,it almost make me think you are joking. President Jonathan's interest in anambra state cannot be over-emphasized and thats why you will notice that his closest friend is contesting and if you think that President will allow Gov Obi have a field day,then it means u dont understand why politics is a game of interest.

Its so obvious you are novice in politics. Do you know how close Obi and GEJ are? Hahahahaha. And who told you Obaze's rural popularity is based alone on flood victims? Why do you think Obi has been fronting him as his representative whenever it comes to rural projects and initiatives? Well you are obviously ignorant of many facts in Anambra politics, so just collect the hand outs from the clown Ifeanyi Ubah and stop embarrassing yourself here.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by slimghost(m): 10:01am On Jun 29, 2013
Sealeddeal: A position thats being contested by 40 people can only be won by one person. I am not saying that Ifeanyi Ubah must win but to say that Ifeanyi Ubah doesnt stand a chance is erroneous.
The top contenders in anambra 2014 guber race is:
1) Dr Chris Ngige
2) Dr Ifeanyi Ubah
3) Dr Obinna Uzoh
4) Prof Charles Soludo
5) Chief Andy Ubah
6) Chief Akachukwu Nwamkpo
7) Mr Nicolas Ukachukwu
and if i explain to you the hurdles that some of the above contestant will pass,u will find out that the number will reduce to four of which Ifeanyi Ubah remain part of.
The top contenders will be:
1. Oseloka Obaze
2. Chris Ngige
3. Andy Ubah
4. Uche Ekwunife(but I am not sure she will get APGA's ticket)

FYI, No Anambrarian is closer to Jonathan as Peter Obi and besides that, the last thing GEJ would want is an Anambra state in APC's hands. Like I said before, your Ifeanyi Ubah is not even a serious contender. Otimkpus and sycophants like you are deceiving the man because of the hand outs yall get.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2013
slimghost:

Its so obvious you are novice in politics. Do you know how close Obi and GEJ are? Hahahahaha. And who told you Obaze's rural popularity is based alone on flood victims? Why do you think Obi has been fronting him as his representative whenever it comes to rural projects and initiatives? Well you are obviously ignorant of many facts in Anambra politics, so just collect the hand outs from the clown Ifeanyi Ubah and stop embarrassing yourself here.
I dont know why you find it supportive to console yourself with falsehood and jibes.
Politics is a game of interest. Gov Obi's friendship with GEJ can make Gov Obi win any election he contest personally but to claim that such friendship can give Gov Obi an opportunity to clear ways for his condidate makes you a joker. So,you think that President Jonathan will be more comfortable with Obi's candidate that hIs friend and candidate,Nze Akachukwu Nwamkpo. You must be either an Obi's stooge or his die hard supporter and as such,you dont want to see reason that disapprove your opinion.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2013
slimghost:
The top contenders will be:
1. Oseloka Obaze
2. Chris Ngige
3. Andy Ubah
4. Uche Ekwunife(but I am not sure she will get APGA's ticket)

FYI, No Anambrarian is closer to Jonathan as Peter Obi and besides that, the last thing GEJ would want is an Anambra state in APC's hands. Like I said before, your Ifeanyi Ubah is not even a serious contender. Otimkpus and sycophants like you are deceiving the man because of the hand outs yall get.
The Oseloka Obaze you are talking about should first clear his home front before thinking of Anambra state. His brother,Dubem Obaze is even contesting,making you to understand that his brother do not even believe in him. And for you to think that no anambrarian is closer to GEJ than Gov Obi explains the fact the you are just a praise singer of Gov Obi and not ready for this discussion.
FYI,you do not like Gov Obi more than i do. You can go and check my posts about Gov Obi and understand that my support for Gov Obi's leadership is unshakable but to force me to support Obaze or see reason to believe in his pseudo-popularity is laugable.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by buoye1(m): 10:32am On Jun 29, 2013
So..........?
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by malele(m): 10:35am On Jun 29, 2013
my fellow anambra people,nobody should vote for ifeanyi uba, he is going to use anambra state monet to clear his debt ooooooooooooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Joins Labour Party For Anambra 2014 by malele(m): 10:35am On Jun 29, 2013
malele: my fellow anambra people,nobody should vote for ifeanyi uba, he is going to use anambra state money to clear his debt ooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

School Feeding Programme: Over 8.2M Pupils Now Being Fed In 24 States / Fayemi Presents C Of O To 237 Property Owners / Kayode Fayemi: Presidency Not For Moneybags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.