Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 (38837 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / South Korea Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup On 27th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by JuanDeDios: 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Their papa beat us. Now their pikin beat us. This is unacceptable!

2 Likes

Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by successking: 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
They tried, but............
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by omanifrank(m): 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
too bad
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by JaaizTech: 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
COOLDUN:

That is my own suggestion too, Obu never played a modern football, we have many players who played in modern day scientific football that can handle our junior teams perfectly.

Obuh, have tried but he should be relieved of his duty and try another competent coach, from the beginning of the match i knew that Nigeria will not win the match when they were playing the same pattern with a team which the players are taller than them, instead of holding the ball and make them run with accurate passes.

The repetition of the game against South Korea would have won them the match perfectly, Uruguay miraculously qualified for the second by winning only one game against Uzbekistan , they watched our game and knew that they can't match us skill by skill and that was why they played frustrating football, sadly Nigeria players followed them and lost the match.

When Nigeria equalized through Kayode, they would have continued to make faster moves with ball, while their opponent make the defending, but they relaxed as if the game would be played till tomorrow. Anyway they tried but let another modern player coach the next team which is supposed to begin immediately and not 6 months before the tournament.

Obuh, should go and take care of his family, his job as a coach in Nigeria should not be any National team, if he still wants to be a coach.
(
posts like this ones really make me sad for Nigeria. We just keep finding fault where there is none. This is an age group competition for God sake, you can't win all the time; Mourinho didn't win a single trophy last season, Vincente de Bosque of spanish senior side got flogged disgracefully by Brazil, a few days back. These are the World best coaches...

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Valdx(m): 10:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
9ija! we cannever be serious! May God help oo! if not am seing dem comin back.
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by SPSpecial(m): 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nigeria is moving........ players n coarches are gathering more experience winkNigeria is moving........ players n coarches are gathering more experience
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
Do you know how many world class players have emerged from the U20 world cup? To name a few, Forlan, Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Oscar, Cavani, Suarez etc

2 Likes

Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
JaaizTech: (
posts like this ones really make me sad for Nigeria. We just keep finding fault where there is none. This is an age group competition for God sake, you can't win all the time; Mourinho didn't win a single trophy last season, Vincente de Bosque of spanish senior side got flogged disgracefully by Brazil, a few days back. These are the World best coaches...

No one has a problem with losing. You win some lose some. The problem is when the players selected to represent the Nation in a world cup (not just an age grade event) don't know the basics of the game. This suppose to be a good breedong ground for thrle Super Eagles of tomorrow.

Remember Ghana won this tourney and the boys went on to put a good showing at the World Cup in South Africa. I would be shocked if Obuh remains a coach in the National team setup.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: Do you know how many world class players have emerged from the U20 world cup? To name a few, Forlan, Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Oscar, Cavani, Suarez etc

Ronaldinho, Figo, Xavi, Iniesta, Rui Costa, Dani Alves, Maradona.
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
They better call up (at the VERY VERY LEAST) Ajagun. His work rates are amazing in that team. his passing, shooting, crossing etc are on point.
Also the goalkeeper (okani) should be called up grin grin grin haha just kidding
but they should also invite michael, and kayode. Kayode would have probably scored more than musa, ideye and ujah combined if he was in the senior team grin grin
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
bboiabb: They better call up (at the VERY VERY LEAST) Ajagun. His work rates are amazing in that team. his passing, shooting, crossing etc are on point.
Also the goalkeeper grin grin grin haha just kidding
but they should also invite michael, and kayode. Kayode would have probably scored more than musa, ideye and ujah combined if he was in the senior team grin grin

It is time we get serious and hunt real talents. Finidi was recognised as the best winger in the world. Kanu was rated among the top 10 players in the world. Taribo was once rated the best defender in the serie a. Amuneke was keeping Stoichkov on the bench in some games at Barcelona. Ikpeba won the Golden Boot in French League One.

These Ajagun and Kayode can't reach these levels. It is time we take talent search in football seriously and stop embarrassing the nation.
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by collynzo2(m): 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
These guys lack all the basic skills a footballer need, simple ball control they don't have. I know 50 year old men who train close to my house and they have better ball control than these players. Passing is another problem. How can you have a team mate 5 metres in front of you and still give a wrong pass? They were guilty of it throughout the competition. I am better than many of the guys in this team, all I need is to get my fitness to a maximum level. I am not a professional footballer but I can never give the kind of misplaced passes I saw from these guys, I can never fail to control a simple pass given to me when am unchallenged. Never! The fact that some of them are in U20 world cup for the second time shows how poor they are. No player should play the same age grade competition twice.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by collynzo2(m): 11:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
John Obuh should be sacked before they even come home! Gone are the days when Nigerian coaches can blame lack of preparation for bad performances in competitions. They've been in camp since like forever and participated at the Toulon tournament where they should have noticed their lapses and correct. Obuh has no excuse for failure, he should be sacked and never recycled. He should not come anywhere close to any of our teams again. There was no positive from this team, no player to invite to the senior team, no player to be signed by a good club where he can at least improve. No positive whatsoever. Winning under age tournaments is not a must, with that in mind, if the players showed promise that would have landed them good clubs it would have been better, but nothing at all!
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by 4peace(m): 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Ronaldinho, Figo, Xavi, Iniesta, Rui Costa, Dani Alves, Maradona.

mikel,adepoju,yobo
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by SuyaEater(m): 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
Now I am truly convinced people bribe their way to the nigerian team....thats why the NFF is keen to select players for keshi

2 Likes

Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
I bet you that if you lined up all of Nigeria's players in this competition: THEY ARE ALL AGE CHEATS!

Why cant they truly find kids of the right age (as demanded by the competition's organizers) instead of always trying to cut corners and (in)directly espousing mediocrity? Then after playing for 5yrs, the same "16yr old" in the FIFA Age group competition will refuse to grow an inch, become sluggish and fade off into retirement while his European Counterpart will put in 15-25yrs of top flight soccer.

Nigerians just cant ever see beyond their nose its such a shame.
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 02, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

It is time we get serious and hunt real talents. Finidi was recognised as the best winger in the world. Kanu was rated among the top 10 players in the world. Taribo was once rated the best defender in the serie a. Amuneke was keeping Stoichkov on the bench in some games at Barcelona. Ikpeba won the Golden Boot in French League One.

These Ajagun and Kayode can't reach these levels. It is time we take talent search in football seriously and stop embarrassing the nation.

I disagree. Ajagun and Michael have the required skills needed in d senior team.
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Haryohdeji1: 12:27am On Jul 03, 2013
Abbey4life: Its better we bow out of the tournament at this point rather than disgracing ourselves further. These players are bunch of unproffessional kids

By saying "unprofessional kids", U̶̲̥̅̊ mean grow up men claiming to ßƺ kids? grin
Abbey4life: Its better we bow out of the tournament at this point rather than disgracing ourselves further. These players are bunch of unproffessional kids

By saying "unprofessional kids", U̶̲̥̅̊ mean grow up men claiming to ßƺ kids?
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 03, 2013
SuyaEater: Now I am truly convinced people bribe their way to the nigerian team....thats why the NFF is keen to select players for keshi
and you think that is the best solution. The experience Names on the NFF list will include: Osaze, Yobo, Taye, Martins, Uche, Shittu, Obodo, Kaita, Yakubu, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Dbamson: 6:24am On Jul 03, 2013
D keeper nah mumu
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by bingbagbo(m): 6:58am On Jul 03, 2013
once again, Ghana remains the only African team left.

why always Ghana?

2 Likes

Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Artlove(m): 6:59am On Jul 03, 2013
Juan_De_Dios: Their papa beat us. Now their pikin beat us. This is unacceptable!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dat's good 4 us grin grin grin grin
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by oemmanuel: 7:15am On Jul 03, 2013
Which sport channel is telecasting the match?
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Artlove(m): 7:17am On Jul 03, 2013
bin gbagbo:

why always Ghana?
Is Ghana still alive? Tank God cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by collynzo2(m): 7:35am On Jul 03, 2013
Enangson: and you think that is the best solution. The experience Names on the NFF list will include: Osaze, Yobo, Taye, Martins, Uche, Shittu, Obodo, Kaita, Yakubu, etc.
hahaha, isn't that what most Nairalanders are asking for? Complete failure of a team.
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by collynzo2(m): 7:36am On Jul 03, 2013
bin gbagbo:

why always Ghana?
You are yet to play your match, when you cross this round, we can come to that conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by onyxo76(m): 8:20am On Jul 03, 2013
this defeat pain me no be small,after scoring that lovely equalizer and looking good to probably win the game, we commit a blunder and allow uruguay to have the last laugh.
Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Amudeneogu: 8:40am On Jul 03, 2013
Nigeria should leave politice out of football

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 03, 2013
Habib16: All this SHIT is Happening in Jonathan's Administration.
u are stewpid.Whr were u when GEJ administration won afcon?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Rio Ferdinand Arrives Lagos, To Search For Young Talents (photos) / Sanita Samson Siasia Marries Henry Jamell Traditionally (Photos) / Recent Pictures Of Mary Onyali-Omagbemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.