Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo (11788 Views)

Lagos Floods General Hospital With Mobile-Toilets (photo) / Mother Abandons Four-year-old Sick Girl In Hospital / Photos From General Hospital Otukpo, Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 02, 2013
its unfortunate that no one here bothered to enquire about the whereabout of the man who fathered the child. You were all quick to judge the poor girl. Do you think any woman would do this if she has the means to cater for this child?. This is a lesson to girls, all those promises are sweet nothings, close your leg and wait for men who would cherish and respect you

1 Like

Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by ogunjimiwalefat(m): 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]am tired meeeen!!! undecidedam tired meeeen!!!
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
SniperInADiaper: At least she didnt abandon the baby in the bush or kill it. And just because a place offers free medical care doesnt mean they can provide other things a growing child will need.

Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cool

Better to leave the baby in the hands of professional than to kill a baby she couldn't care for.

Still wondering why people are trying to find her. Do they want her to fatally get rid of the baby ni? O ga o
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by dasparrow: 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
honey86: its unfortunate that no one here bothered to enquire about the whereabout of the man who fathered the child. You were all quick to judge the poor girl. Do you think any woman would do this if she has the means to cater for this child?. This is a lesson to girls, all those promises are sweet nothings, close your leg and wait for men who would cherish and respect you

I agree with you but the mother of this baby is not some single girl who succumbed to some sweet promises of a boyfriend. This woman is a married woman. The first paragraph of the article says:

"Health workers and patients at the Osun State General Hospital, Osogbo were left confused on Friday when a nursing mother, Mrs. Grace Adipe, allegedly abandoned her three-day-old baby in the hospital."

Usually, it is single girls who are students that try to get rid of their babies but a married woman abandoning her baby is new to me. I cannot judge this lady because the husband might have abandoned her and she probably has other kids she now has to take care of on her own. I don't know. Maybe, she got raped by someone other than the man she is married to. I don't know. Something must have caused her to do what she did. If she cannot take care of the baby, she has the right to give the baby up. Times are hard and most people are struggling to feed just themselves much less an additional mouth. I hope the baby is placed in a good home.
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by dasparrow: 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
johnstar: wat ar u tryn 2 teach oda gals lyk u undecided, all na dsame abeg, y she go even abandoned piki, dm go dey njoy f**k, bt dm knw fit kip pikin cheesy... Shiit happens

Do you know if she was maybe r*a*p*e*d considering the alarming rate with which women and girls get sexually abused and r*a*p*e*d in this country?

Rastamann: Why not zip up if you know you cannot cater for a child rather than bringing the into the world and abandon such a child?

If you cannot zip up then use a contraceptive to prevent unwanted pregnancy!

Do most MARRIED Nigerian women have any choice in this zip up matter? If she denies her husband sex, you hypocrites will come out and accuse her of not being a submissive wife. I guess women in Nigeria are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Contraceptives fail too. The only contraceptive that never fails is 100% abstinence.

shineureyes: Why have unprotected sex when you can't face the consequences

And how many Nigerian married men are willing to use condoms when having sex with their wives? Or did you not read in the first paragraph of the article that the woman is Mrs Grace Adipe?

everyday: People are so wicked.While some people are looking unto God others are throwing theirs away.May the good Lord have mercy on their soul

Stop judging! If the woman's husband is dead or has abandoned her and she cannot take care of the baby, then what else is she suppose to do? How many of you Nigerians with your obnoxious judgmental selves help the poor widows and their children and the single mothers in your midst who can barely feed their kids?

siraj1402: So because of the circumstances to abandon the child is the solution? undecided

Do you have a better solution? Should she take the child home and allow the child starve to death since she cannot afford to take care of the child? If you are so concerned, why don't you go to your local orphanage and adopt an orphaned or abandoned child and shower the child with parental love and affection?

Some of you are so full of lipsrsealed !

2 Likes

Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by Greatken007(m): 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
POVERTY ON THE INCREASE..BUT SOME ARE MAKING IT IN NAIJA NA...LAZY MAN LAZY WOMAN YOU GOT NO REASON WHY YOU ARE POOR
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by atlwireles: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
king arizona: SHE DID THE RIGHT THING, NO NEED TO ABORT OR KILL THE CHILD. GOD BLESS HER FOR HAVING THE COURAGE TO LEAVE THE CHILD THERE. I ALSO HOPE SHE CAN FORGIVE HERSELF AND MANAGE HER LIFE BETTER

CHAIR..... Did ya mama left you in the hospital when she gave birth to you!!!!

LAST BOMB - woman come back and take ya baby!!! That's all!!!

NO SHE DID NOT. BUT I WAS A FATHER AT 22 AND IT TAKES THE GRACE OF GOD TO HOLD IT TOGETHER, NOT EVERYBODY CAN KEEP IT TOGETHER AND REMAIN STANDING. PRAY, THAT GOD SHOULD NOT PUT YOU IN A POSITION YOU CANNOT MANAGE. SHE DID THE RIGHT THING, I HOPE SHE HANDLES HER LIFE BETTER FROM NOW. [b][/b]
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by JuanDeDios: 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
Don't hang her yet. There's some postpartum disorder that causes this sort of thing in some women. When she is found they should treat her with compassion and try to get to the bottom of things.

There's also the matter of desperate poverty.
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by Sirdy48(m): 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
such is life.. some ppl re busy prayin, day and nyt just to have 1. while some on the other hand re either fed up of catering for them or unable to cater for them, and d last tin dat comes over their minds is to dump or abandon them and walkaway..God is the all seeing, tho.
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by Blackgold09(f): 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
SniperInADiaper: At least she didnt abandon the baby in the bush or kill it. And just because a place offers free medical care doesnt mean they can provide other things a growing child will need.
with all dis ur long english so na u say mk she get d bella or even abandon d child sef?
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
like moses, is gonna be great.
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 03, 2013
atlwireles:

SHE DID THE RIGHT THING, NO NEED TO ABORT OR KILL THE CHILD. GOD BLESS HER FOR HAVING THE COURAGE TO LEAVE THE CHILD THERE. I ALSO HOPE SHE CAN FORGIVE HERSELF AND MANAGE HER LIFE BETTER.

Very brilliant post. U r a man of wisdom.
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by dipotech: 10:41am On Jul 03, 2013
No comment but Lord, please have mercy on this country - amen.
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by PedroJP(m): 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
jessyrichy: what a wicked mother

Don't think she deserves d title mother. To b a Mother ain't just all about bringing a tiny tot into the world. Think she shud go by the title bearer
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by PedroJP(m): 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
PDPwayoo:

Very brilliant post. U r a man of wisdom.

Not against ur commendation but u sounded as someone gaining courage and consolation from that comment. Just saying, no odd feelings
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
Population is increasing without responsibility. There is much pressure on the earth resources and these people can't just get it. There is need to control the population before things get out of hand, where humans will turn on other humans for survival.
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by jpphilips(m): 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lilimax: Needless to get pregnant when you cannot take responsibilty of the child.
Enough of this nonsense angry.

legalize abortion una no gree
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by jpphilips(m): 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
Teejayphillip: God ave MERCY...

Sum pple r craving 2 ave dis beautiful creature, while sum whu gat d GRACE mis-use dem...

Poverty tinz sha,make GOD take control sad

if an armed robber r@pes you and give you belle, will you cater for an unwanted baby from a deluded father?
this is the point where abortion should be legal.
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by overdrive(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
She is a coward,what happened to baby friendly shebi d pikin suppose take breast milk for d first 18 months so guys give me a break and blame d woman. Tho not questioning God but why is there always unequittable distribution of d fruit of d womb between d haves and d have nots.d poor tend to be more favored in this respect.pls somebody explain.
Re: Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo by Phay8(f): 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
Poor baby!God will protect u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osagie Ehanire: FG Has Declared War On Lassa Fever, Coronavirus / Top 10 Most Venomous Snakes!!! / Doctors In The House I Need Help,boil On My Testicles(graphic Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.