Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Nigerian Men And Their Off Spring - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men And Their Off Spring (586 Views)

Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men And Their Off Spring by waybaloo: 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen, kindly inform me as to why Nigerian men show very little interest in their children.

Sure they provide for them, financially, but emotion attachment is low. Time spent with them is low and there is a distinct lack of 'connectedness' with their small children.

A very odd set of circumstances.

Is it an African thing, black thing - what?
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Off Spring by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
Speak for your self sir/madam.... Most Nigerian men that I know would die for their children. My father solely raised me and my siblings and he did a very good job and that was decades ago. smiley

Thank you felly mush grin
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Off Spring by damiso(f): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
Why the generalisation naa? Yeah they are men who are not really hands on but to say Nigerian men like its a trait of ALL or most Nigerian men haba

Most of the men I know are Nigerian and you could not get more hands on fathers.My Dad drove me and everyone of my siblings to common entrance exams, jamb,etc and waited in the sun till the exams were over.He extended it to my registration in my University first year and I had to beg him to stop following me cos everyone was calling me Daddy's girl.He is no more but my best memories of him was how he was part of my life and not whether or not he paid my school fees.So no its not an african or black thing cos my Dad paid too much attention sef it could be considered stifling.
My husband is Nigerian and his own is more than my own.At work he is called 'My family comes first'.My daughter would prefer spending time with her dad than she would with me.He is such a loving hands on father that he wakes up like 3 times at night to go check on them that they are still tucked in.Left to me,they will freeze cos when I sleep I done sleep be that grin
I can give you like dozens more examples as well as also examples of the ones you described.
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Off Spring by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
waybaloo: Ladies and Gentlemen, kindly inform me as to why Nigerian men show very little interest in their children.

Sure they provide for them, financially, but emotion attachment is low. Time spent with them is low and there is a distinct lack of 'connectedness' with their small children.

A very odd set of circumstances.

Is it an African thing, black thing - what?

Go and sleep if you are feeling dizzy. Everything, Nigeria as if Nigeria invented all the bad things. Na by force to post
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Off Spring by waybaloo: 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
what a 'witty' response witty not grin
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Off Spring by biolabee(m): 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
waybaloo u are a crappist

(1) (Reply)

40 Year Old Woman Who Ispregnant For Her Son, Declares Tomarry Him / Time Machine: Would Your Mother Choose To Give Birth To You? / Is Cheating Normal For Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.