Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. (1438 Views)

I Will Lead A War Against Apc Like Ojukwu-wike / PICS-APC And Calumny (ketu Version) / ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has strongly condemned the persistent campaign of calumny against the All Progressives Congress (APC), describing the attempt to use ethno-religious sentiments to destroy the budding party asa cheap shot that has fallen flat on the faces of the purveyors of falsehood.
In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party however thanked Nigerians for rejecting the attempt, going by their reactions on the Social Media where the latest campaign is being waged by those who are hell bent on perpetuatingmediocre leadership in Nigeria.
”These purveyors of falsehood do not want good governance. That’s why they are peddling the lies that the interim leadership of the APC is controlled by Muslims, and that it did not reflect the country’s plural values.
”The truth is that while ethno-religious sentiments did not form the criteria used inselecting the interim leadership, we were conscious that Nigeria is a country of pluralvalues. That is why we have 17 Christians and 18 Muslims (the best balance possible in the odd number of 35 posts that were shared). That is why the 35 occupiers of the opositions are from 29 different states,four more than the 25 stipulated by INEC. It was equal opportunity across all zones!” it said.
ACN challenged anyone who doubts the authenticity of the facts and figures quotedabove to verify them at INEC, instead of taking to the Social Media to spread rumours.
The party described the latest attempt to abort the APC baby as the last-ditch effort by those who have mounted similar campaigns against the party in the past, to no avail.
”First, they ambushed us by duplicating our acronym, sponsored of course by those who are well known to Nigerians and, when that failed to slow down our momentum, they said the sharing of posts will divide us and ultimately sound our death knell. With these moves having failedwoefully, they have now played what they considered their most potent joker: the ethno-religious card.
Thankfully, this too has failed.Nigerians areso desirous of good governance that they will not allow any play on sentiments to shake their resolve,” it said.
ACN said the promoters of the APC are so determined to give Nigeria the good leadership that has eluded the country for so long that they have decided to shelve their differences and make whatever sacrifices that are necessary to achieve their objective.
The party appealed to all Nigerians who want an end to the rapacious and incompetent leadership currently plaguing their country to continue to disregard the attempts by enemies of progress to sabotage the birth of the APC, in addition tobeing vigilant in the days ahead, saying: ”After all, it is said that eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/acn-condemns-persistent-campaign-of-calumny-against-apc/
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by ogb5(m): 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
confirmed, Lie Lie Mohammed is on Nairaland

5 Likes

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
[size=14pt]ACN denounces “ethno-religious campaign” against APC[/size]

The Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, has strongly condemned what it calls a persistent campaign of calumny against the All Progressives Congress (APC), describing the attempt to use “ethno-religious sentiments” to destroy the budding party as a cheap shot that has fallen flat on the faces of the purveyors of falsehood.

In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, the party however thanked Nigerians for rejecting the attempt, going by their reactions on the social media where the latest campaign, it claimed, is being waged by those who are hell bent on perpetuating mediocre leadership in Nigeria.The composition of the national leadership of the yet to be registered APC has been alleged to be lopsided in favour of the Islamic faithful with the offices of the interim Chairman, Deputy Chairman, National Secretary, Deputy National Secretary, National Treasurer, National Publicity Secretary and other key positions occupied by Muslims drawn from the parties merging.
The parties are the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, Democratic Peoples Party, DPP, a section of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, and ACN.

[b]”These purveyors of falsehood do not want good governance. That’s why they are peddling the lies that the interim leadership of the APC is controlled by Muslims, and that it did not reflect the country’s plural value,” the party said.
”The truth is that while ethno-religious sentiments did not form the criteria used in selecting the interim leadership, we were conscious that Nigeria is a country of plural values. That is why we have 17 Christians and 18 Muslims (the best balance possible in the odd number of 35 posts that were shared). That is why the 35 occupiers of the positions are from 29 different states, four more than the 25 stipulated by INEC. It was equal opportunity across all zones!”
ACN challenged anyone who doubts the authenticity of the facts and figures quoted above to verify them at INEC, instead of taking to the social media to spread rumours. The party described the latest attempt to abort the APC baby as the last-ditch effort by those who have mounted similar campaigns against the party in the past, to no avail. It stressed, “First, they ambushed us by duplicating our acronym, sponsored of course by those who are well known to Nigerians and, when that failed to slow down our momentum, they said the sharing of posts will divide us and ultimately sound our death knell.“With these moves having failed woefully, they have now played what they considered their most potent joker: the ethno-religious card. Thankfully, this too has failed. Nigerians are so desirous of good governance that they will not allow any play on sentiments to shake their resolve,” it said.The opposition party said the promoters of the APC are so determined to give Nigeria the good leadership that has eluded the country for so long that they have decided to shelve their differences and make whatever sacrifices that are necessary to achieve their objective.[/b]

ACN appealed to all Nigerians who want an end to the rapacious and incompetent leadership currently plaguing their country to continue to disregard the attempts by enemies of progress to sabotage the birth of the APC, in addition to being vigilant in the days ahead, saying: ”After all, it is said that eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/139937-acn-denounces-ethno-religious-campaign-against-apc.html
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Garrithe1st: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
17 Christians, 18 Muslims

I hope the LIARS will now bury their bald heads in shame. Such liars do not mean well for Nigeria and her nascent democracy. Only a myopic individual will fail to see the strengthening effect a strong opposition will have on our democracy.

Thanks Mr. Lai Mohammed for setting the records straight.

cool
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Meritbaba(m): 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
GO GO APC We are solidly behind you, Let them keep spreading their lies, Surely that is what we know them for
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
Garri the 1st: 17 Christians, 18 Muslims

I hope the LIARS will now bury their bald heads in shame. Such liars do not mean well for Nigeria and her nascent democracy. Only a myopic individual will fail to see the strengthening effect a strong opposition will have on our democracy.

Thanks Mr. Lai Mohammed for setting the records straight.

cool

give us the names of the christains. Pls ensure they are not zonal leaders. Waiting, my fingers are aching to hammer you

3 Likes

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
No need for too much grammar. Let us wait and see the candidates they will put forward for the presidential election. Any muslim-muslim ticket would confirm them as a religiously biased party which would be soundly rejected by Nigerians and fail miserably.

We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by chiozor: 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
^^^me too
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
The press release and the hot grammar was needless. All the unregistered APC needed to do was to JUST list the names and positions of the interim leaders of the party. Very simple. But unfortunately, in Nigeria, the simplest things are the most difficult thing to do

1 Like

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by egift(m): 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
And PDP lies are dragged to the light again.

Go APC. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The press release and the hot grammar was needless. All the unregistered APC needed to do was to JUST list the names and positions of the interim leaders of the party. Very simple. But unfortunately, in Nigeria, the simplest things are the most difficult thing to do

"ACN challenged anyone who doubts the authenticity of the facts and figures quoted above to verify them at INEC, instead of taking to the social media to spread rumours."

1 Like

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by awodman: 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
Prof Corruption:

"ACN challenged anyone who doubts the authenticity of the facts and figures quoted above to verify them at INEC, instead of taking to the social media to spread rumours."
Arrant nonsense...why not list the names for us..why put us through unnecessary stress?..
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by ConcernMan: 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
This Liar Mohammed is programmed by default to tell lies for the rest of his life. I wonder what he will be telling is children

3 Likes

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by ConcernMan: 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
Prof Corruption:

You must be drunk. You are telling me to go to INEC and search for a record of unregistered party abi? In other words I should go to University of Abuja and search for the record of a man who finished from University of Ibadan abi?
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
ConcernMan:

You must be drunk. You are telling me to go to INEC and search for a record of unregistered party abi? In other words I should go to University of Abuja and search for the record of a man who finished from University of Ibadan abi?

Why are you advertising your ignorance with a ridiculous analogy?

1. APC has applied to INEC to be registered as a political party. Yes or No?
2. APC is obligated to notify INEC of its interim leaders. Yes or No?

There are two ways to confirm the authenticity of the story: check with APC or INEC. Stop fabricating or concocting ridiculous rumors that make you look daft and senseless.

2 Likes

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Why are you advertising your ignorance with a ridiculous analogy?

1. APC has applied to INEC to be registered as a political party. Yes or No?
2. APC is obligated to notify INEC of its interim leaders. Yes or No?

There are two ways to confirm the authenticity of the story: check with APC or INEC. Stop fabricating or concocting ridiculous rumors that make you look daft and senseless.
The time wasted in writing the concoction in the press release and heaping blames on imaginary enemies is more than enough to list the names and positions of officers of the unregistered APC. Since Lai Muhammed, the notorious LIAR, failed to do that, it is safe to assume they are guilty as charged

1 Like

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The time wasted in writing the concoction in the press release and heaping blames on imaginary enemies is more than enough to list the names and positions of officers of the unregistered APC. Since Lai Muhammed, the notorious LIAR, failed to do that, it is safe to assume they are guilty as charged

Why not expose him as a liar by unveiling the full list?
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by hakanai(m): 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Why not expose him as a liar by unveiling the full list?

You think they care.Especially where there plot is exposed.This people are born haters and highly indoctrinated to think wrong of the opposition and bring it down in anyway possible.Which include lies deceit and anything that make there hate grow for the opposition.
APC ha spoken.So you don't deny the source of information,you have being challenged to verify the list as submitted to INEC.Which would be used finally for the Interim as registered by INEC.good and prompt response by APC.keeping mute on such matters is what PDP has used to survive and later claim as facts to the ignorant folks who follow them.
I would prefer sometimes litigation,be used to make cool cash from such PDP propaganda machines. cool cool coolOperation sue them broke while they lie until they repent.
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by takedat(m): 12:42am On Jul 01, 2013
Is the PDP a Christian Party? Below are the names and religion of members of the newly constituted PDP interim management executive committee. Out of 23 powerful key positions in the PDP, we have 19 currently being occupied by Christians.

1) Bamanga Tukur- Chairman(Muslim)

2) Chibudom Nwuche- Deputy Nat. Chairman(Christian)

3) Remi Akintoye- Nat. Secretary(Christian)

4) Emma Agboti- Deputy Nat. Secretary(Christian)

5) Tony Okeke- Nat. Publicity Secretary(Christian)

6) Caleb Yahya- Deputy Nat. Publicity Secretary(Christian)

7) Simon D. Jok- Nat. Legal Adviser(Christian)

cool Yau Kwadon- Deputy Nat. Legal Adviser(Christian)

9) Oyibo Nnwaneri- Nat. Women Leader(Christian)

10) Torkwuase Ajor- Deputy Nat. Women Leader(Christian)

11) Yahya Abubakar- Nat. Organizing Secretary(Muslim)

12) Onyemaechi Jideofor- Deputy Nat. Organizing Secretary(Christian)

13) Mohammed Dandari- Nat. Treasurer(Muslim)

14) Augustine Lugbenwie- Deputy Nat. Treasurer(Christian)

15) Bolaji "Akpan" Anani- Nat. Financial Secretary(Christian)

16) Mohammed Sa'ad- Nat. Youth Leader
(Muslim)

17) Peter Adefunmilayo- Deputy Nat. Youth Leader(Christian)

18) Akin Taiwo- Ex Officio(Christian)

19) Mike Akinfenwa- Ex Officio(Christian)

20) Gbenga Oduwaiye- Ex Officio( Christian)

Other influential positions in the PDP:

Goodluck Jonathan- National Leader(Christian)

Tony Anenih- Chairman B.O.T(Christian)

Godswill Akpabio- Chairman, PDP Governors Forum(Christian)

I am yet to see any muslim PDP member or neutral observer protest against the marginalization of muslims in the PDP.

Before some people start calling for my head and calling me an Islamist or Boko Haram, let it be known that I am a Christian but I vehemently oppose the hypocrisy currently being displayed on these boards. Agreed that Christians are in the minority in APC's interim management executive committee, but so far party members who are christians were a part of the ratification process of the executive we should let it be. Those who are promoting this ethno-religious dichotomy amongst us, unite in ethno-religious looting!

4 Likes

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by obandy: 1:24am On Jul 01, 2013
This space is not for sale.
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by dayokanu(m): 4:31am On Jul 01, 2013
Another desperate lie by the PDP exposed
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Meritbaba(m): 5:29am On Jul 01, 2013
When you see Sincere 9jerian or whatever he name himself talking so much about APC you must know his boss Jonathan is having so much sleepless night
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by awodman: 6:03am On Jul 01, 2013
take dat: Is the PDP a Christian Party? Below are the names and religion of members of the newly constituted PDP interim management executive committee. Out of 23 powerful key positions in the PDP, we have 19 currently being occupied by Christians.

(Muslim)

I am yet to see any muslim PDP member or neutral observer protest against the marginalization of muslims in the PDP.

Before some people start calling for my head and calling me an Islamist or Boko Haram, let it be known that I am a Christian but I vehemently oppose the hypocrisy currently being displayed on these boards. Agreed that Christians are in the minority in APC's interim management executive committee, but so far party members who are christians were a part of the ratification process of the executive we should let it be. Those who are promoting this ethno-religious dichotomy amongst us, unite in ethno-religious looting!
Well done!..just the way you listed PDP officals,pls kindly do so for APC...is it a hard thing to do?
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by takedat(m): 6:08am On Jul 01, 2013
^Did you even take your time to read by post? Did I not attest to the fact that Christians are in the minority in their interim management executive committee, even though I am yet to see the full list? I only pointed out that, PDP's interim management executive committee is Christian-Dominated and no one is making a fuss over it. How can I get the names of all the 35 member interim management executive committee when it is not yet in the public domain? I guess that was why he(Lie) referred those on a fact finding mission to INEC. You can as well help a bruva out if you have the names!
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by donchris999: 6:14am On Jul 01, 2013
They will never list. You know why? The remaining 17 are zonal chairmen and their deputies representing those zones. You know what i mean na. Am just wondering what oshiomole and Tom ikimi who played a major role would be thinking now. Even rochas. They will have to retrace their steps and support Gej their brother and fellow christain, because, it will be clear to them now that tinubu and buhari just want to islamise nigeria.
awodman:
Well done!..just the way you listed PDP officals,pls kindly do so for APC...is it a hard thing to do?
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by nig2change: 6:27am On Jul 01, 2013
Just show us the Apc list and everybody would be happy. Instead of wasting our energy on irrelevant things.
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by donchris999: 6:34am On Jul 01, 2013
My guy! PDP did elections for their post unlike APC that selects their exco. So PDP a democratic party should jettison electing their officers. Now publish the list of PDP excos right from 1999 and you will be shocked to see that PDP is a national and non-religious party. When the likes of IBB were running PDP they were christains abi? I mean this is what we call a national party were election takes place. And to think that this list is a temporary list after the excos were dissolved. Tinubu and terrorist ayotollah buhari selected their boko haram members and your comparing it to PDP that does election.
take dat: Is the PDP a Christian Party? Below are the names and religion of members of the newly constituted PDP interim management executive committee. Out of 23 powerful key positions in the PDP, we have 19 currently being occupied by Christians.

(Muslim)

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 01, 2013
APC is joking! They will do well by giving common Nigerians there list and explaining the spread instead of disrespectfully refering all Nigerians to INEC office.
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by Smartluv(m): 6:58am On Jul 01, 2013
listen Lai M. What we are saying is how many christian are occupying key positions in Apc? Answer me now or just agree dat Apc interim key Excos were not equall distributed.
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by takedat(m): 7:09am On Jul 01, 2013
donchris999: My guy! PDP did elections for their post unlike APC that selects their exco. So PDP a democratic party should jettison electing their officers. Now publish the list of PDP excos right from 1999 and you will be shocked to see that PDP is a national and non-religious party. When the likes of IBB were running PDP they were christains abi? I mean this is what we call a national party were election takes place. And to think that this list is a temporary list after the excos were dissolved. Tinubu and terrorist ayotollah buhari selected their boko haram members and your comparing it to PDP that does election.
Guy, are you a learner? Can't you see that both are "interim" management executive committees? APC will also be holding its own national convention after its registration must have sailed through. Do you even know why members of PDP's NWC were sacked? So you do not know the difference between "Selection" and "Election"? Lol! Try to google INEC's report on the PDP 2012 National Convention.

You want me to publish the list of PDP's Exco from 1999! Lol! You are looking for whom to spoon-feed you as its obvious you know next to nothing about the party you claim to support. Try again later!
Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by donchris999: 7:35am On Jul 01, 2013
My guy since you have decided to publish PDP's current list am telling you to publish the list from 1999 when Ibb and atiku's PDM held sway. Now, tom ikimi and oshiomole will have no choice but to support their brother Gej. Have you asked yourself why amaechi went to embrace his brother Gej in ph airport? He saw APC's list and became scared. He is retracing his step now and trying to adjust to the reality on ground before tinubu and buhari islamise nigeria. The proud amaechi i know wouldnt have gone to welcome Gej, he would have sent his deputy or a commisioner. That APC's list is scaring the hell out of him. Dont worry, you will see lots of realignment in the coming weeks for Gej. I mean that muslim list is scary. Even rochas will now reconcile with peter obi. Watch out and see.
take dat: Guy, are you a learner? Can't you see that both are "interim" management executive committees? APC will also be holding its own national convention after its registration must have sailed through. Do you even know why members of PDP's NWC were sacked? So you do not know the difference between "Selection" and "Election"? Lol! Try to google INEC's report on the PDP 2012 National Convention.

You want me to publish the list of PDP's Exco from 1999! Lol! You are looking for whom to spoon-feed you as its obvious you know next to nothing about the party you claim to support. Try again later!

Re: Acn Condemns Persistent Campaign Of Calumny Against Apc. by luvinhubby(m): 8:23am On Jul 01, 2013
The list i saw on N/L yesterday was 85% Muslims, even their treasurer resigned because of this same issue, please & please APC should publish the list they sent INEC & save us this propaganda.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Amaechi & His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit_patience Jonathan / Enugu PHCN: Group Accuses Namadi Sambo Of Determination To Ruin Igboland / What Is Sovereign National Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.