Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,676 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

What Convinced You? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Convinced You? (657 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Convinced You? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 01, 2013
Thread closed.
Re: What Convinced You? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2013
I appreciate your 'genuine[ly] curious' position. I am just going to leave with one point now, allowing other muslims give their own points and i may return if Allah Wills to give other[s]. Your journey will be a life long, either in belief or ending in disbelief.

My point is that Islam is the Only religion that is completely monotheistic. others, judaism, christianity are not monotheistic. Like paganism, these two have The God bGod walked with Adam. Then walked with Abraham with 2 angels. Then Melchizedek the king of Salem had the quality of God and met Abraham. Jacob wrestled with God and overcame Him and all mankind. The God in Judaism is not complete; tired, not independent, dont have full knowledge, unable to do all things and man sometimes overcame Him. ecoming man concept. In judaism, You cant say thats the Creator because it leaves so much holes in His ability tat satan the accursed can easily overcame Him. No wonder you read that the satan is competing with Him and there is no winner.

The God of the Christian is no greater. I will say worse in ability to reach full Godly capacity as the jewish God is. Both needed rest and only refreshed before we know anything again. In the case of the christian God, He became 3 yet still 1. what kind of logic is that if it is not the greatest confusion? i know logicboy is reading this. I believe i know [Allah Knows Best]. One of the 3 is a ghost that does nothing and has no identifiable name. All is does is make a virgin pregnant by overshadowing and coming upon her. The one higher than the ghost is the boy born by the virgin. Imagine that. And he was killed by few humans of the jewish race. Is it possible that God can be killed? You cant even kill the wind that God created,that you definitely feel moving.

Before this second God was killed, he was tortured. before he was tortured, he was tried. Before he was tried, he was stalked and planned against by his killers. Before that in all his life, he made many ungodly moves like killing an innocent tree for no irrefutable reason.

You know all about the pagan Gods anyhow and for you without God, it is the same.

When you read the Quran, what emerge in your reading is God Who is Unseen, though you are seen by Him. God Who is Able to do All that He Wishes to do. God Who is Independent and Above All, yet closer to you that your jugular vein inside you. That is The God Who Commands, not Shy, yet Patient. He wants you to come in obedience for your own benefit greater than how much you want the greatest success for yourself in everything. And any evil you receive as a disbeliever is by your own making, allowing satan the accursed to control you. But God wish you success. so He is willing to accept your repentance as soon as you turn to Him.

1 Like

Re: What Convinced You? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2013
RoyPCain: I appreciate your 'genuine[ly]curious' position.
Thanks for the appreciation. smiley

My point is that Islam is the Only religion that is completely monotheistic. others, judaism, christianity are not monotheistic. Like paganism, these two have The God becoming man concept.. In judaism, God walked with Adam. Then walked with Abraham with 2 angels. Then Melchizedek the king of Salem had the quality of God and met Abraham. Jacob wrestled with God and overcame Him and all mankind. The God in Judaism is not complete; tired, not independent, dont have full knowledge, unable to do all things and man sometimes overcame Him. You cant say thats the Creator because it leaves so much holes in His ability tat satan the accursed can easily overcame Him. No wonder you read that the satan is competing with Him and there is no winner.
The God of the Christian is no greater. I will say worse in ability to reach full Godly capacity as the jewish God is. Both needed rest and only refreshed before we know anything again. In the case of the christian God, He became 3 yet still 1. what kind of logic is that if it is not the greatest confusion? i know logicboy is reading this. I believe i know [Allah Knows Best]. One of the 3 is a ghost that does nothing and has no identifiable name. All is does is make a virgin pregnant by overshadowing and coming upon her. The one higher than the ghost is the boy born by the virgin. Imagine that. And he was killed by few humans of the jewish race. Is it possible that God can be killed? You cant even kill the wind that God created,that you definitely feel moving.
Before this second God was killed, he was tortured. before he was tortured, he was tried. Before he was tried, he was stalked and planned against by his killers. Before that in all his life, he made many ungodly moves like killing an innocent tree for no irrefutable reason.
I understand your points. It is also baffling to me that the Jews and Christians claim that their god is all powerful and much greater than man yet the same god has so many human attributes like tiredness, hunger, he was born by a woman like other people, he died etc. Christians usually have some 'explanations' to give for these things though, but none of them are comvincing enough for me.

When you read the Quran, what emerge in your reading is God Who is Unseen, though you are seen by Him. God Who is Able to do All that He Wishes to do. God Who is Independent and Above All, yet closer to you that your jugular vein inside you. That is The God Who Commands, not Shy, yet Patient. He wants you to come in obedience for your own benefit greater than how much you want the greatest success for yourself in everything. And any evil you receive as a disbeliever is by your own making, allowing satan the accursed to control you. But God wish you success. so He is willing to accept your repentance as soon as you turn to Him.
Thanks for the reply Roy, smiley it was very helpful. I am trying to see things from the Muslim point of view; to understand you guys better. Your post helped me with that.
Re: What Convinced You? by lanrexlan(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
NL member: That Islam is the only way? What makes you assured that Islam is the right way for mankind?
Some theists are sure of their religions for reasons like supernatural experiences, miracles (their pastors performed) etc. What makes you Muslims sure that Allah is the Creator of the heavens and the earth and that he ordains humans to be Muslims?
Firstly,what's the meaning of Islam? Islam is derived from the root word Salam which means peace and the word aslam which means to submits one's will to the creator.Islam is peace acquired by submitting one's will to The Creator.A muslim is someone that submits his will to The creator.For example,the tree is a muslim.How? The tree submits its will to it creator,it purpose in life is to grow when Allah commands it to grow and serves other purposes For Man,it can't oblige to The Creator's will.Also,the animals are muslims.They are to serve human beings,that's their purpose in life.It was narrated in one hadith of Sahih Al-Bukhari 5/3663 that a man was driving a cow with a load on it and the cow turned towards the man and spoke to him saying;''I have not been created for this purpose,but for ploughing''.So,the animals are subjected to humans,submiting their will to The Creator.

But Allah,the creator gives human beings and jinns freewill to choose between right and wrong.Since man has a freewill,then he begins to join partners in worship with his creator,innovating new religion,giving praises,worship and thanks to others besides the Creator.So Allah,the creator begins to send Messengers with guidance to warn mankind,telling them to follow the commands of the Creator by obeying Him and worshipping Him alone.Allah said in the glorious Quran in surah An-Nahl 16;36 that For every nation,there's a messenger to warn them and calls them to his religion.All the messengers that were sent came with one thing which is THERE'S NO DEITY WORTHY OF WORSHIP EXCEPT THE CREATOR-ALLAH.The last and final messenger sent to The whole of humanity is prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and the last and final book of guidance sent to The whole of mankind is the glorious Quran.

I promise you sincerely that I am not going to turn this into a debate (unless you ask me to), I want to know what convinced you Muslims of Islam because I am genuinely curious.
When I was still religious I was convinced of my religion because I believed that I had premonitions (embarassed o my god, thinking of it now just makes me cringe) but those things I thought were visions could easily be chalked down to coincidence or chance.

So Muslims, what made you certain about Islam?
I promise, no arguments and no going back and forth, I am just curious.
Your replies will be appreciated, and who knows, you might just convince me to become a muslim with the answer you give wink

Salam
Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)said that every human being is born with a pure fitrah,meaning everyone is born as a muslim to submit his will to The Creator.When a child is born,the air that he's breathing is provided by the Creator,Allah.The water he is using is of the Creator's.So from birth,a child is submiting his will to his creator,but as he grows up he's being influenced by his society and parents and then makes him to join partners in worship with his creator and going against his commands.

Finally,Allah said in the glorious Quran in surah Al-Imran 3;19 that the only religion acceptable in the sight of Allah-the Creator is Islam(i.e. Acquire peace by submitting one's to The Creator-Allah).This is just my little explanation brother.....Peace

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

20 Important Sayings Of The Believers / Have U Notice?? / Islam Lead Others Follow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.