Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

My Vision For Anambra State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Vision For Anambra State (1333 Views)

Jonathan Unveils Vision For Next Four Years / List Of Candidates For Anambra 2014 Governorship Election / A Manifesto For APC To Adopt: My Vision For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Vision For Anambra State by edunwosu(m): 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2013
I am not gun shy to say that I have a genuine hunger to serve the good people of Anambra State and to pray that it pleases God to give me that singular opportunity someday. But before I begin, I admitted that I have not in any government before but with the experiences I have acquired in many areas of endeavors will added advantage if it happen I get a nod from you.
My names are Chinedu Nwosu Jerry, an indigene of umuzocha in Awka south local government of Anambra State, born in the family of late Mr Onyebuchi Nwosu-okoli who was known in umuzocha/Awka South LGA for his grass root politics.i watched from my base in Lagos and this hunger to correct the wrongs of our builds up in me.
I have this hunger that simply refuses to go away because I have a dream, a big dream, given an opportunity Anambra State should be one of the BEST developed States in Nigeria, where: Equality, justice and fairness will reign; Every child of school age will have an unfettered access to quality education; Every youth will have a decent job; Every woman will have an equal opportunity to be the best she can be; where all citizens will have access to quality healthcare.
My vision is that Anambra shall depart from the ghosts of her past, reclaim the Glory of the present and secure the promises of her future.  We live in very challenging times that task the ingenuity of nations and their leaders. I am extraordinarily passionate that in a highly competitive globalised world, visionary, competent and audacious leadership that inspires a people for greatness can make the difference between the wealth and poverty of nations. Our today’s world needs leaders who will lead with compassion, courage, wisdom and intelligence, leaders who can envision tomorrow today and take proactive steps to save their people from future dangers; and leaders who can inspire their people to strive for the best that lies within them in spite of daunting odds. It is that committed, honest, creative, sacrificial, courageous, and audacious leadership that feeds my vision for Anambra State. Nothing but the BEST is good enough for Anambra State.  That is my vision for Anambra State.Anambra is a land of great entrepreneurs.  It should be a land of great prosperity.  No one in Anambra state should be poor.  My vision is that all Anambrarians be lifted from poverty to prosperity. 
The education of Anambra leaders past shall not be in vain. The labors of Anambra heroes (both past and present) who blazed the trail in education shall not be forgotten: Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Dr. Nwafor Orizu, Dr. PiusOkigbo, Prof. Kenneth Dike, Prof Kodilinye, Dr. Alex Ekwueme,Ajie Ukpabi Asika, Justice Ajegbo, Prof. Chinua Achebe, Prof Chike Obi, Prof. James Ezeilo, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Dr. Chuba Okadigbo, Senator Mike Ajegbo, Senator Ebenezer Ikeyina, Cyprain Ekensi, Ike Emeagwali, Dr. Eneli, F.C. Ogbalu, Barrister Anah, Chief Osita Okeke, Dr. Iweka, Chief Arthur Mbanefo, Obi Nnaemeka Achebe, Prof Enweonwu, Prof John Umeh, Chief Mbazulike Amaechi, Dr. Dozie Ikedife, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ike, Dr.Chukwuemeka Ezeife, Chief OdumegwuOjukwu, Chief Ikeotuonye, Chief Mokwuogo Okoye, Barrister Chuba Ikpeazu, Barrister Chike Offodile, Barrister Philip Umeadi, Chief Osita Ezenwa, Prof. Oba, Arc. Mbanefo, Chief B.B.O Emeh, Arc. Ifejika, Mrs. Ikeobasi, Dr. Arthur Nwankwo, Arc. Nwaobi, Prof. A.B.C Nwosu, Mrs. Adogu, Prof. Ben Nwabueze, Prof. Egwuatu, Dr. Tim Menakaya, Prof. Laz Ekwueme, Chief S.N. Okeke, Engr. Ebele Okeke, Prof. Dora Akunyili, Princess Stella Adaeze Oduah, Prof. Charles Soludo, Dr. Emmanuel Egboga, and Prof. Anikwe, to mention a few. Knowledge is power and education has been the pride of Anambrarians in the past. Anambra has produced some of the most educated minds in Nigeria. My vision is that we rekindle interest in and restore the pride and standard of education among our children and youth.  Excellence in the educational system through a creative reward system that encourages hard work and commitment should be reintroduced.
Historically, besides education, agriculture has been the foundation of economic growth and prosperity in most developing economies including Anambra state.  Today less that 5 percent of the population in Anambra state derives their livelihoods from farming.  The reality is that there can be no progress on reducing hunger and poverty in Anambra state without political and resource commitment to agriculture and rural development. Any State that cannot feed its citizen is in danger.  We should be bold to go back to the land in Anambra State.

There is no doubt that Commerce and Industry are major components of economic advancement of any State.  Traditionally Anambra has one of the best business cultures in Nigeria. Anambrarians are knowledgeable on how to produce wealth and build on it.  What is needed is to exploit the industry and entrepreneurial spirit of Anambra people to, among other activities, promote aggressive manufacturing of products not only for domestic use and consumption, but also for export within and outside Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Industrial growth is the way to go for Anambra State.  Special attention should be paid to the commercial towns of Onitsha and Nnewi by way of focused development and unpretentious infrastructural provision and rehabilitation.

Majority of Anambrarians are in diaspora, either within or outside Nigeria.  There is a need to attract Anambriarians back to the State. There is a gaping need to initiate a Megacity development that will stretch from the plains of the River Niger banks of Onitsha to the elegant banks of Anambra River to make Anambrarians, once again, proud to return home, live in Anambra, invest and do business in Anambra. 

My vision is to emphasize what unites us and seek to eliminate what divides us. A sense of shared civic responsibility among citizens of Anambra state should be rekindled.  There is a compelling need to bridge the gap between the leaders and those are lead. This is my vision for Anambra Sate and it is a practicable vision powered by the desire to serve.

The time is now, I may not have the chance come 2014 but as a youth the seeds are being sowed now.Youths should rise up from their slumber and take over the politics of this great country Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria!
God bless the great youths of this nation!

By Chinedu Jerry Nwosu, BA (HONS)
Re: My Vision For Anambra State by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2013
Dear Chinedu,

I love it when you talk of a vision for Anambra State, Albert the whole of Igboland. However, you have not stated any vision in your write up. I do not mean this in bad or derogatory way. But you are young, you have time to dream dreams, ponder issues, make plans. A vision, a sound vision will crop up when you have spent time (sitting down under the shade of tree), pondering the various aspects of problems that will crop up should you have a chance to implement your ideas. When you are passionate enough to take the time to dig for relevant information and crunch the numbers just to be sure of your plans even though it is built in clouds. A vision will have to have specifics, not generics. Things like Mega City are ambiguous generics.

I would like to ask you - What exactly is a MegaCity, why would you need one? - Does it mean progress or just population explosion. Lagos is a MegaCity, albeit a very nasty one at that, full of slums and dirt streets. Is that your vision or you want plain organised development without focus on gigantics but on economic and social advantages?

Also, I see you have interest in Agriculture. I wonder if you have bothered about some of the unmentioned problems be-devilling agriculture in Igboland. In today's world, unmechanised farming is simply not feasible. Mechanisation is hampered by our tropical rain forest environment in which trees are found in the middle of farms lands. Our lands are owned in small pieces that keep getting fragmented with each generation. It is difficult to find those contiguous hectares that would make for industrialized approach to farming without clashing with the cultural land tenure system. Beyond these how do we source the capital for large farms that can benefit from economies of scale. What exactly are we going to farm that will be an economic earner in today's globalization world. or Are we farming just to feed ourselves. Certainly there are things we need but cannot farm, are there alternatives (wheat, onions, carrots, cabbage, etc). Who in the world are producing same as us, how will we compete. What of the use of genetically modified foods. Can we adopt it for animal rearing. If animal rearing, how do we deal with the bloody tse-tse fly problem on cattle. What about food processing and Packaging, can we run and sustain a viable industry in this area.
Most importantly, who will fund all these?

My brother keep envisioning, but think deep. One day you will have a chance to bring forth that which you have built in your heart. Among today's politicians it is only Soludo that has shown any evidence of making detailed plans. So do not think your vision will not be needed tomorrow, just make them deep!

2 Likes

Re: My Vision For Anambra State by edunwosu(m): 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2013
KenGali: Dear Chinedu,
I am from Awka, Mbaukwu to be precise.
I love it when you talk of a vision for Anambra State, Albert the whole of Igboland. However, you have not stated any vision in your write up. I do not mean this in bad or derogatory way. But you are young, you have time to dream dreams, ponder issues, make plans. A vision, a sound vision will crop up when you have spent time (sitting down under the shade of tree), pondering the various aspects of problems that will crop up should you have a chance to implement your ideas. When you are passionate enough to take the time to dig for relevant information and crunch the numbers just to be sure of your plans even though it is built in clouds. A vision will have to have specifics, not generics. Things like Mega City are ambiguous generics.

I would like to ask you - What exactly is a MegaCity, why would you need one? - Does it mean progress or just population explosion. Lagos is a MegaCity, albeit a very nasty one at that, full of slums and dirt streets. Is that your vision or you want plain organised development without focus on gigantics but on economic and social advantages?

Also, I see you have interest in Agriculture. I wonder if you have bothered about some of the unmentioned problems be-devilling agriculture in Igboland. In today's world, unmechanised farming is simply not feasible. Mechanisation is hampered by our tropical rain forest environment in which trees are found in the middle of farms lands. Our lands are owned in small pieces that keep getting fragmented with each generation. It is difficult to find those contiguous hectares that would make for industrialized approach to farming with clashing with the cultural land tenure system. Beyond these how do we source the capital for large farms that can benefit from economies of scale. What exactly are we going to farm that will be an economic earner in today's globalization world. or Are we farming just to feed ourselves. Certainly there are things we need but cannot farm, are there alternatives (wheat, onions, carrots, cabbage, etc). Who in the world are producing same as us, how will we compete. What of the use of genetically modified foods. Can we adopt it for animal rearing. If animal rearing, how do we deal with the bloody tse-tse fly problem on cattle. What about food processing and Packaging, can we run and sustain a viable industry in this area.
Most importantly, who will fund all these?

My brother keep envisioning, but think deep. One day you will have a chance to bring forth that which you have built in your heart. Among today's politicians it is only Soludo that has shown any evidence of making detailed plans. So do not think your vision will not be needed tomorrow, just make them deep!

I really appreciated your comment and I must tell you that I will like to know you maybe face to face, however dreams are not made in a day, dreams are build over time, Soludo is what Anambrarians need now and I have a long way to go with my dreams but this kind of comments from you is highly commendable and encouraging.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Cover letter that secured a high-paying job for an Irregular Nairalander / NADECO Leaders Collected Money To Betray Abiola- Senator Adefuye / Cruise Fm Online Radio Station Launched In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.