Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,237 members, 7,867,630 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

Anambra Govt, Monarchs On Warpath Over Summit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Govt, Monarchs On Warpath Over Summit (419 Views)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo Begins Talks With Presidency, Monarchs On Nnamdi Kanu / Kidnapping: Anambra Govt. Demolishes Church,3 Other Building / Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Govt, Monarchs On Warpath Over Summit by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 02, 2013
THERE is an imminent collision between some traditional rulers in Anambra State and the state government over alleged insistence by the monarchs to attend a South-South and South-East Traditional Rulers Forum in Yenegoa, Bayelsa State, which begins today.

If the royal fathers attend the Yenegoa meeting without clearance from their chairman and Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe, it would be the second time they would be incurring the wrath of the state government.

Vanguard recalls that a wedding ceremony of  younger sister of a governorship aspirant in the state, Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah, in April this year, attended by some of the traditional rulers without clearance from their chairman and state government almost earned those who attended the wedding sanctions.

Yesterday, Vanguard stumbled on what could pass as a warning to traditional rulers in Anambra State who are bent on attending the forum in Bayelsa by the Obi of Onitsha.

The statement signed by Igwe Achebe read: “As you know, Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council, ASTRC, ended relationship with SECTR over two years ago. That position subsists until the irregularities and unconstitutionality of that body are resolved equitably and honorably. “Therefore, any Anambra State traditional ruler who attends that forum will violate the collective will of our traditional institution.

“The persistent attempt to divide and rule Anambra State traditional institution will be fully discussed at the July meeting of our Council “Please note for further background that the said forum has been planned without consulting the Anambra State Traditional Council.

Rather, some renegades among us have been deployed to canvass attendance from Anambra State.

“The co-convener of the Forum, along with Eze Cletus Ilomuanya, Obi of Obinugwu in Imo State, is HRM Edmund Daukoru, Amanyanabo of Nembe, who we recently gave the privilege and honor of being the keynote speaker at our last workshop. This rude insult is our reward for the dignity we conferred on him.

“The communiqué of the South East Traditional Council meeting of June 6, 2013 proposing the forum was signed by Obi Gibson Nwosu, Eze Uzu Awka as Deputy Chairman of Anambra State Traditional Council without the authority of our Council.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/anambra-govt-monarchs-on-warpath-over-summit/
Re: Anambra Govt, Monarchs On Warpath Over Summit by ak47mann(m): 10:30am On Jul 02, 2013
i saw one of the SUV donated by peter obi the other day i think the particular one i saw was carrying obi of onitsha i was happy to see our obi achebe enjoying this beautiful ride, cruising IVM SUV fully loaded cool
Re: Anambra Govt, Monarchs On Warpath Over Summit by kunlekunle: 11:14am On Jul 02, 2013
ak47mann: i saw one of the SUV donated by peter obi the other day i think the particular one i saw was carrying obi of onitsha i was happy to see our obi achebe enjoying this beautiful ride, cruising IVM SUV fully loaded cool

dont cry when he starts to recoup his investment

(1) (Reply)

‘The Crimes Of Buhari” By Wole Soyinka / Nigeria Remains United Because Of Yorubas’ ‘immense’ Sacrifices, Says A Prof / INEC Assures On Electronic Voter’s Accreditation In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.