Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Can I Exercise With Pregnancy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can I Exercise With Pregnancy (756 Views)

How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / Kidney Stone With Pregnancy / Coping With Pregnancy & Fibroids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Exercise With Pregnancy by esmeralda1(f): 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hi, this is my first pregnancy i dont know if i can do some exercises as am now gaining more weight than i would like, i dont do exercises before i got pregnant and my pregnancy is 14weeks.
if i can, pls what types can i do and can i start now.
Thanks.
Re: Can I Exercise With Pregnancy by uboma(m): 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
@ op, oh yes, u can exercise urself by walking around your neighborhood if its safe and dancing indoors. Just put on some good music and sweat it out. Although pls be assured that gaining some weight during pregnancy is natural but less strenuous exercises are encouraged during pregnancy. Safe delivery ahead.
Re: Can I Exercise With Pregnancy by OmoAlata1(f): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
you can exercise if you were ready exercising before you got pregnant. If not, I will highly advice against doing something you were not doing before pregnancy. You can just choose walking as your form of exercising since you were doing that before pregnancy. Please don't fall into that mindset of "oh I am eating for two" then you gain 100 pounds by the end of your pregnancy. Average size women should gain around 25 pounds during pregnancy and if you are already fat, 10 pounds gain is sufficient.

Enjoy your pregnancy, don't think about the weight too much, you can always lose it after the baby is born
Re: Can I Exercise With Pregnancy by esmeralda1(f): 10:08am On Jul 03, 2013
Thank you both i can do that aspect of dancing indoors on weekends cos i work in an office where i may not even get up throughout the day and wen i eventually get home im usually so tired to even go for a walk but i'll see to the dancing thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Is Steaming Face Good For The Skin? / Let's Discuss Women's Health Here / I Treat Only Malaria, Typhoid – Fakedoctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.