Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,076 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution (26180 Views)

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. / My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help / Bad Experience with FedEx US to Nigeria Courier Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by soldierAnt(m): 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
===============================================================================
IMPORTANT UPDATE
===============================================================================

I've failed to monitor this post for sometime now and I was unaware of the amount of attention it was getting and that's the reason why I am only just replying.

Konga.com, to their credit, have actually rectified the whole laptop situation. They shipped a replacement out to me this week (after a two week struggle) and funded my Konga.com wallet with the balance.

I'm sorry to have raised so much alarm in the heat of the moment. I've actually continued to use them for many other purchases since then (including two pairs of shoes which always get me compliments.). I think they are a good service used with caution, something we really need in this country and should be encouraged.

Those are my honest two cents.

=====================================================================
ORIGINAL POST
=====================================================================

First off a bit of advice. Don't buy anything important from Konga.com. Or don't buy anything without calling them first to confirm every single detail. Or at the very least don't pay by card for anything on Konga.com.

I ordered a HP Envy Ultrabook from Konga and paid by card. One thing that decided me in favour of this ultrabook in place of the myriad other options is the fact that it was stated to have a DVD drive.

However, on receiving it a few days later and opening the package I discovered to my infinite ire that, actually, like many ultrabooks, this one doesn't come with an in-built DVD drive.I called Konga to complain several times.

The representatives kept promising to get back to me. I called again the next day and the rep promised to get back to me once again.

The Day after that I got a call from Konga and the rep informed me that the HP Envy Ultrabook I ordered doesn't have an in-built DVD drive (Duhh! What have I been saying all along?!) Of course I protested that at the time I ordered the product page said it had a DVD drive.

At which point, the CS rep said that their 'uploaders' had informed her that there was no mention of an optical drive for that particular model.

She then suggested I go and review the web page and confirm the specs again. Lo and behold, when I went back to the webpage, all mention of a DVD drive had disappeared as if by magic.

Remember, this was two days after I had taken delivery of the laptop. So basically, whoever made the mistake of writing an optical drive for that laptop has gone and covered their tracks making me look like a fool at this point.

This was hardly the first mistake I've seen by the 'uploaders' of Konga but it's clear that whatever mistakes they make, it's the customers who pay for it.

Isn't that just cozy? As it stands, I've been informed that since I've broken the seal for this laptop, I cannot have it replaced or refunded.

So thanks to some meathead of an uploader, I'm stuck with a fairly expensive ultrabook that isn't an ultrabook at all, is too heavy and doesn't even have a DVD drive to account for all that extra weight. So in brief, I've paid all that extra money just for a brushed metal look. Nice!

Be warned.

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
na wa o! Return it n ask 4 a refund na.

UPDATE:
Started 4rm d Bottom now we're Here!! grin

#Dreams come true guyz! Just Keep believing. Persevere!!

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by ShopKonga: 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
Thank you for shopping on Konga.com @SoldierAnt, we are very happy that this misunderstanding has been resolved and you can continue shopping on Konga.com.

#Kongacares
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Abujafood: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
ShopKonga: Thank you for shopping on Konga.com @SoldierAnt, we are very happy that this misunderstanding has been resolved and you can continue shopping on Konga.com.

#Kongacares

Has this misunderstanding really been resolved or is this just face saving on your part?

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
booked
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
ShopKonga: Thank you for shopping on Konga.com @SoldierAnt, we are very happy that this misunderstanding has been resolved and you can continue shopping on Konga.com.

#Kongacares

wetin dey worry u na? U read OP post at all? angry LOL grin

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Agimor(m): 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
Tecno p3 just two weeks old is for sale, anyone who wishes to buy should contact this numbers. 07083575582 & 07036157858. Just 12k exclusively to those that live in delta state.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by effisyman: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
person we buy wetin he no see, na wetin him get he go take.

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Regiblinkz(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
off to order Tonto dike from kings.com*smiles*
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
Agimor: Tecno p3 just two weeks old is for sale, anyone who wishes to buy should contact this numbers. 07083575582 & 07036157858. Just 12k exclusively to those that live in delta state.
why would I buy tecno p3 for 12k?
I dnt tink u know what u saying

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
konga

wonga

plunker

wonker
cool
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by LeCoq: 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
been buying affordable electronics/gadgets from these guys for over 3 months now...no complaints @ all and their speed of delivery is quite fantastic. either ways we all need to be careful and verify availability and correct specs of a product before paying for it.

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
@op wetin do market?
you wan form big boy tongue tongue

na him good for you, next time you go enter computer village or st. micheals for aba.

4 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by mcevans1(m): 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
Agimor: Tecno p3 just two weeks old is for sale, anyone who wishes to buy should contact this numbers. 07083575582 & 07036157858. Just 12k exclusively to those that live in delta state.

U don dey madt undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2013
effisyman: person we buy wetin he no see, na wetin him get he go take.

ABI BROS

MEANWHILE I SYMPATHIZE WITH THE OP
ABEG MY PEOPLE I KNOW SAY NA 21ST CENTURY WE DEY
EFRYTIN NA COMPUTER BUT ABEG MAKE WE DEY CAREFUL
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by prico32(m): 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
nchewi: na wa o! Return it n ask 4 a refund na.
Mumu didn't read what he said?

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by simp: 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
eeeyyaaaa,sorry about that but you know our online shopping industry are still improving but its a shame that its the customers that will be paying for somebody's bad.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Sweetlemon(f): 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
I don't pay for goods ordered on-line until I see them with my eyes.

I don't know about Konga but Jumia delivers goods before payment. I prefer them although some of their delivery men are rude and delivery can take up to 10 days depending on the value of the goods.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by mcevans1(m): 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
effisyman: person we buy wetin he no see, na wetin him get he go take.

True talk bro.. grin Who no know no go know cheesy grin
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2013
The evils of online shopping. undecided As I have learnt the hard way too, sometimes its just better to go take a look at what you are getting directly from a Showroom or retail outlet. Pele o
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by lolaluv1(f): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2013

#Kongacares

You've got to be kidding me! sad
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
@ Op; this is why you should learn to use search engines to read about product specs/reviews before purchasing anything online, a lot of retailers make mistakes in their product specification info.

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Skywalker5(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2013

#Kongacares

Yea Right

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by manny4life(m): 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
This just means that e-commerce in Nigeria has a long way to long. Unless the banks/ACH companies begin to go after these fraudulent companies and make them pay for their deeds, Nigerians will NEVER trust companies with their money. This is not exempting the dubious fraudsters, but the clean honest Nigerians looking for shopping-made-easier.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
I am tired of reading these stories. Just the other day it was about jumia. As una say na foolishness una wan die put and will not leave those shops alone, do not come here to complain. What nonsense.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by 3ace(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
ekwah:

wetin dey worry u na? U read OP post at all? angry LOL grin
It could have been resolved. check the date the OP complained on nairaland.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Exponental(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ja si konga, si konga, ja si konga!
............DANGER..........
BEWARE OF KONGA!
Konga means well.
So, be careful of falling into d well.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Ayatullah(m): 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2013

I want to believe they treated you this way because you are a SOLDIERANT!!!.................they believe you are so tiny that you cannot dance to their Konga!!!l..........or maybe you have once bitten them tongue On a very serious note however I want to advise you be careful for now on purchasing online because when you are even physically present in a shop you are manipulated, but I want you to alert Konga.com of your post on Nairaland and if they refuse to compensate you somehow NAIRALANDERS will boycott them. So get back to them and feed us back, let us show them we are a force to reckon with on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by 360command: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
Please OP, if it has not been resolved. I will be glad if you go to this site and report them www.ripoffreport.com

I wish someone can make a site where people can report various frauds, scams ripoffs by companies and individuals most especially companies. When a site like konga.com should see a report about them on www.ripoffreport.com . They will be forced to reply if true or not true. Just for them to remove it off the web, they would pay $2000.

I just hope we have our own site where one can report such ripoff perpetuated by companies or organization.

OP, just try and report 'konga' to the site i have given to you above. This will help you and every Nigerian.

ps: if there is anybody, that have got issues with companies, i suggest we try and paste it here on Nairaland with proof so as we can know. For now, nairaland remains the place for us to express our mind.

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by adewasco2k(m): 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
Why cant we Nigerians embrace change? Even in developed countries such things do occur... blame still on Konga but that doesn't mean that's what they do, it's a mistake.... sure no body is above that, do you know with this your post you might just have ripped a dude off his job? If it was a bigger company may be they would have refunded.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by slimyem: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
E-mailing this page to a friend who works with them. I should hear his defense.
Re: My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution by Tamunofiri(m): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
I have ordered from them a few times.Their service is relatively ok considering the kind of country we find ourselves. I really don't like the idea that you have to call them each time to confirm the order. In addition you should always check amazon for that spec of product and the reviews as well before purchase on konga because their uploaders actually do a horrible job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Now Making Money & Cutting Transport Costs With Mycopilot App / Skye Bank Customers Don't Panic - 10 Things To Know About Skye Bank Takeover / 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.