Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,204 members, 7,845,983 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful (847 Views)

What Are Ur Good/bad Experiences As Left Handed Person? / What Are Ur Views About Garri People On NL / What Are Ur Fears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
This is an issue many of us face everyday and I would like to know how people have been able to handle this.
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
Quoting Matthew Manning, he responded by saying

Matthew:
Emphatically stop giving a shit.

1. You have ZERO idea what their personal lives are actually like, or if their outward appearance of success is total bullshit.
2. Stop focusing outward, focus inward. A preoccupation with the success of others is taking time away from tending your own internal garden.
3. Believing in common measures of success (money, position, family) is believing in a ready-made lunch box of meaning that society is opening up and shoving down your throat. WHO CARES. Figure out what success is for yourself and then just focus on pursuing that.
4. [If]You are in your 20s, so be prepared to witness some epic personal collapses of those whom you are currently envious of.
5. You can't do anything besides what you can do. If you're giving it your all and staying focused on your values, then your life is progressing exactly as it should be. Did you hear that? EXACTLY AS IT SHOULD BE.
6. When you have an episode of crippling self-doubt, picture each doubt as a single sheet of paper. Then crunch all of them together and throw them into the toilet of your mind. Now angrily kick-flush that toilet with your foot.
7. Actively work to express gratitude for what you do have every morning. The happiest people I know are full of gratitude, and they are profoundly in touch with their innate talents.
8. Before you read number nine, think of at least one person who thinks you're awesome. Try to think of yourself as that person does.
9. Isn't the universe so vast, so deep, so incredibly amazing? Who could possibly worry about a 3200 dollar difference in salary when there are stars supernova-ing right this very minute?
10. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Near the finish line, you'll realize you've only been racing against yourself.
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by Eneze1(f): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
I look at those that are my colleagues that am more successful than and I concluded that all fingers are not equal, some people will be better than u so likewise you will be better than some people, that's life
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
Eneze1: I look at those that are my colleagues that am more successful than and I concluded that all fingers are not equal, some people will be better than u so likewise you will be better than some people, that's life

That is a good one and I concur to your statement. Its the simple truth dear... Fingers are not made equal...
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
Another search brings in this....

Once there was a stonemason carving away at a block of stone, sweating away in the sun. As his day went on, he became hotter and hotter and began to lose his temper as he swung his hammer against the chisel.

He looked up impatiently at the sun and thought, if only I could be the sun instead of sweating it out down here.

Before he could complete the thought, however, something miraculous happened and he did indeed become the sun, shining up on high in the blue sky. It felt great for a little while until some clouds came along and obscured his view of the earth below.

Clouds have it all, he thought, they can take away the power of the sun.
Before he knew it, he became a cloud that separated the sun from the earth and he felt the moisture of the water droplets and a delightful floating feeling. But then came a strong wind and it blew him clear across the sky and there was nothing he could do about it.

Being a cloud isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, he thought, if only I could be the wind.
Naturally, he then became the wind, blowing clouds across the sky, creating ripples on lakes and bending tree branches backwards with his gusting power.

But then he came upon a large stone block that he couldn’t even make tremble, no matter how hard he blew. This rock is superior to me in strength, he realised and at once became the stone block.

He felt the wind pushing against him in vain and felt content that no one could push him around any more. Yet even as he enjoyed the feeling of strength and stability that came with being a stone block, he had a rude awakening as the hammer of a stonemason came thumping down on him. He lost a fragment of stone and thought, if only I could be that stonemason, he’s got all the power…

Love your world, and love to see others love theirs smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by Eneze1(f): 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2013
ledafaze:

That is a good one and I concur to your statement. Its the simple truth dear... Fingers are not made equal...

that's the basic truth, but some people will always compare themselves to others, what they don't know is two individuals can't have the same path to success
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
Eneze1:

that's the basic truth, but some people will always compare themselves to others, what they don't know is two individuals can't have the same path to success

An Imam once said to he how he had a dream seeing a mentor... then he was still a Christian and the mentor told him of how he will go through another path and then come out upfront at same destination... Then it became clear to me we all have different routes... But same destination... But what is the ultimate destination we must preach? I think its LOVE...

Love what you do... Love your neighbour for whom they are and respect them likewise...
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
If you can't cope 'kill yourself' and if you can't kill yoursef then you can cope
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
ULSHERLAN: If you can't cope 'kill yourself' and if you can't kill yoursef then you can cope

Great and good to know...
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by tpia5: 6:04am On Jul 04, 2013
i just lack the envy gene, i dont know why. . . . . . .
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by slimyem: 6:07am On Jul 04, 2013
Envy is a good thing. There's no need trying to overcome it. It should make you strive to be like such people or be better.
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
tpia@:
i just lack the envy gene, i dont know why. . . . . . .

Are you sure... You don't envy at all?
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
slimyem: Envy is a good thing. There's no need trying to overcome it. It should make you strive to be like such people or be better.

GBAM
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by tpia5: 11:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
ledafaze:

what i really envy is people's ability to envy others.
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2013
tpia@:

what i really envy is people's ability to envy others.

lol... that is Gross... but its reality...
Re: How Can U Overcome Ur Envy Of People Who Are Ur Age But Are Far More Successful by itstpia8: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2016

I am trying to develop that skill.

even when I was suffering in Nigeria, I did not envy, which actually is strange.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Scoop Fuel,poverty Or Greed?? / Photo: Baby Born With Prayer Rosary Round Her Neck In Niger State / Student To Die By Hanging For Stealing Recharge Cards & GSM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.