Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget (3683 Views)

Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD / Man Demands The Arrest Of Jonathan At The National Assembly Over The Arms Deal / Protesters Block Road To Rivers Assembly Over Plan To Cancel Council Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
Contrary to media reports that the National Assembly is up in arms with her over recent statements which purportedly tend to pit the public against the lawmakers, Coordinating Minister for the Economy (CME) and Minister of Finance, Dr.Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Wednesday declared that there was no row between her and the legislature.

She also stated that there was no bad blood between the executive and legislature as both arms have been working in a collegiate manner, and complementing each another to oil the wheel of governance.

The minister, who was reacting to reports that the National Assembly was piqued by the statements credited to her in a recent interview with a private radio station in which she reportedly made statements that were unfavourable to the National Assembly, said for clarity, the interview could be culled from the media outfit and reviewed to prove whether or not she made any comment that was against the lawmakers or tended to create bad blood between both arms of government.

Details to come later

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/okonjo-iweala-no-row-with-national-assembly-over-budget/152327/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by Maidoki14(m): 7:57am On Jul 04, 2013
Is dis not d woman dat lost been d world bank presido?? Oya na we are watching u closely
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2013
that's not true, Madam Iweala
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by fitzmayowa: 9:23am On Jul 04, 2013
Let the lies continue

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 04, 2013
Poltifians wit lies,not separable.
Pastors wit jets,close ties.
Women and Money.
Note:U can let d game begin by adding urs.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by surveycash(m): 9:27am On Jul 04, 2013
That's good to hear.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by IphyGrace: 9:35am On Jul 04, 2013
I listened carefully when she talked on dis radio station and I dont see anytin wrong in what she has said. I think the senators should tell us why they removed monies from certain sub-head. How will u feel if Nigeria cannot pay salaries

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by oloriooko(m): 9:37am On Jul 04, 2013
when are these I.D.I.O.T.S going to implement the yeye budget when we are already mid-year shocked
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2013
This Woman is a heroine as long as Nigeria is concerned. Under her supervision, Nigeria got debt relief, Just days ago, Nigeria's 1b euro bond subscription got TIMES 4 of what was intended-this shows that foreigners have confidence in our growing economy... The media should desist from creating bad blood between various arms of Government all in the name of publishing newsy story. Madam Okonjo carry-go till 2019(and beyond if possible)

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 04, 2013
The NASS should pass the budget so that the Executive could focus on delivering democratic dividends. I don't see any sense in Senate cutting down the budget without cognisance on the implication. our Legislators scored low in doing such... PASS the Budget NOW...It's Fresh Air Till 2019(and beyond)

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 04, 2013
First page thingz
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by awodman: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2013
The House of Reps spokesperson was featured this morning on same program in which the Finance Minister made the comments..he was brought in to state the house position on the issue..

To my disappointment(and I believe that of other listeners) he failed to provide answers to the numerous questions posed to him but instead chose to shout that its blackmail.

We need the major roads viz Abuja-Lokoja e.t.c to be in good condition,Major power projects like the various 330KV transmission lines to be completed.The executive budgeted money for all this projects and the funds ƒσя these projects ωнεяε cut.Simple question,Where was these money moved to?...his reply was that the house is trying to cut the recurrent expenditure..now the above listed projects are they recurrent expenditures...At this point he now said that the crew is trying to blackmail him..

The crew maintained that they have it on good record that some of these money was moved to projects domiciled in the constituency of principal officers of the House.

I think its high time Nigerians understand these issues and prevail on the house to do right thing instead of their selfish and self serving they have currently embarked on..

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by talk2s(m): 10:21am On Jul 04, 2013
It's too bad and unfortunate that the unpopular pull-him-down tendency/syndrome is inherent in some Nigerians.
Some of the people in this category have tended towards sadism. This is because when criticism has surpassed correction and construction, it's something else.
What do some people gain by tearing the country, her structures and people apart? Why fan the embers of disunity, enmity and bad-blood?
No matter the good thing that has occured, there are persons that would never appreciate it.
Nigeria belongs to all of us. We have the responsibility to defend her, protect her and promote her, vis-a-vis, her structures and people.
Let's desist from tokenism!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 04, 2013
After listening to the House of Rep spokesman on AIT Political Platform this morning, am left to wonder how such empty heads called honourble members got to the National Assembly. The man could not say anything reasonable. I think they are fighting personal wars against the Presidency.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by greaterlove(m): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2013
awodman: The House of Reps spokesperson was featured this morning on same program in which the Finance Minister made the comments..he was brought in to state the house position on the issue..

To my disappointment(and I believe that of other listeners) he failed to provide answers to the numerous questions posed to him but instead chose to shout that its blackmail.

We need the major roads viz Abuja-Lokoja e.t.c to be in good condition,Major power projects like the various 330KV transmission lines to be completed.The executive budgeted money for all this projects and the funds ƒσя these projects ωнεяε cut.Simple question,Where was these money moved to?...his reply was that the house is trying to cut the recurrent expenditure..now the above listed projects are they recurrent expenditures...At this point he now said that the crew is trying to blackmail him..

The crew maintained that they have it on good record that some of these money was moved to projects domiciled in the constituency of principal officers of the House.

I think its high time Nigerians understand these issues and prevail on the house to do right thing instead of their selfish and self serving they have currently embarked on..
bros i listened to that same program this morning and i was highly disappointed with the so called honorable. These guys are busy with their pettiness while there are serious issues confronting this nation nigeria.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by chiefbatiatus(m): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2013
Our suffering as a nation continues as long as we continue to vote in;
1. Those who failed waec
2. Those that only know how to 'relate' very well with others even if they are obviously clueless
3. Those that have no shoes because of sentiment
4. Those we think we can control

The national assembly is the single largest collection of clueless people-in-power after the civil service.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by umuahiacctv: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2013
It is clear from the reps interview that those house members have many 'quota made' legilators. They will not stop shaming themselves on TV. The worst will happen anyday Tambuwal will face a live interview.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by honeikate(f): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2013
How does all dis create jobs in d country..mtchew!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by donMecuzy: 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
Maidoki14: Is dis not d woman dat lost been d world bank presido?? Oya na we are watching u closely

World Bank na Beans? Bros Abeg No Make me Vex. U here Contesting On Nairaland undecided
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by WildChild00(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
barcanista: This Woman is a heroine as long as Nigeria is concerned. Under her supervision, Nigeria got debt relief, Just days ago, Nigeria's 1b euro bond subscription got TIMES 4 of what was intended-this shows that foreigners have confidence in our growing economy... The media should desist from creating bad blood between various arms of Government all in the name of publishing newsy story. Madam Okonjo carry-go till 2019(and beyond if possible)

It amazes me when I hear the word borrowing, Nigeria borrowing from world bank, International monentary fund, debt relief, the question would be for what purpose? What is our foriegn reserve for?

I will want to believe that this wooman was miss-understood, by the men of the red chambers.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by MichaelKurtz: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
HELLO FOLKS,.. For those which their MTN MAGIC SIM CARDS HAS STOPPED WORKING... here's a chance to continue surfing for free

NEW MTN MAGIC SIM SETTINGS now available...
Note= I don't sell the sim, it's do it yourself (diy) procedure.

And yes, I don't give out the settings for free,price is (1500)interested guys should call me on (08¹695²5o¹⁴)

To god be the glory cool
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by shangpearlz(f): 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
kaorama: After listening to the House of Rep spokesman on AIT Political Platform this morning, am left to wonder how such empty heads called honourble members got to the National Assembly. The man could not say anything reasonable. I think they are fighting personal wars against the Presidency.

I got really angry myself wen he cudnt provide ŦЂξ ansas 2 ŦЂξ questions asked..jst kept beating around ŦЂξ bush! Dis pple tink nigerians r fools...lookin 4ward 2 ŦЂξ revolution
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by OMG2013(m): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
I listened to d coordinating minister of d economy on d said day she made those coMments were made and she carefully chose her words knowing fully well that it might be mis-interpreted by some quarters which we're now facing...back to d issue on ground I also listened to d spokesman of d House of Reps 2day on d same program and all wht he was screaming was blackmail...shying away from d fact...he was even saying such issues should not be brought to public glare because its like blackmailing d reps...even when one of d political analyst on d program...categorically said dey av it on good authority that some sub heads were moved 2 roads of d speaker of d house of rep...which is local govt road and not a federal road...his comments really shows that d house of reps re playing politics of 2015 wif our progress as a nation.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: No Fight With National Assembly Over Budget by awodman: 4:06am On Jul 05, 2013
OMG2013: I listened to d coordinating minister of d economy on d said day she made those coMments were made and she carefully chose her words knowing fully well that it might be mis-interpreted by some quarters which we're now facing...back to d issue on ground I also listened to d spokesman of d House of Reps 2day on d same program and all wht he was screaming was blackmail...shying away from d fact...he was even saying such issues should not be brought to public glare because its like blackmailing d reps...even when one of d political analyst on d program...categorically said dey av it on good authority that some sub heads were moved 2 roads of d speaker of d house of rep...which is local govt road and not a federal road...his comments really shows that d house of reps re playing politics of 2015 wif our progress as a nation.
Thank God I wasn't the only one that was enraged by the Reps spokesperson comments..I think if our Media is truly alive to their responsibilities,this is the right time to use the pen and pressure on the house to do the right thing..instead of putting the blames on our normal weeping boy GEJ...

(1) (Reply)

Lagos N8bn Sunborn Yacht Deal, Bad Business — APC / Fake Palm Wine Producer And Seller Exposed In Anambra State(video) / 2019 Presidency: We Won’t Endorse Buhari – U.S Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.