Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED (912 Views)

I Need Constructive Criticism About My Site @ Www.freegist.com / Kindly Provide Constructive Criticism Of This Website / Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by Lilboots(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
I am developing a new website, though the mobile website is slightly different to the website. If you are using a mobile apparatus to view it, you will be referred to the mobile site.
Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by nollyj: 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
Well good job but these are what I think you can improve on

Logo : I think the logo does not look professional and it does not bring out the beauty of your business brand. I will suggest you spend a little money and look for a graphics designer that can do a nice looking logo for you.

Site Loading : I found out the site was built with flash. It takes so much time to download on my side. I check my connection and it was perfectly ok. You should try and optimize some of the flash files you have in your application.

Note so important but I think the top navigation drop down speed is too high.

Social icons : it will be much better if they all have transparent background

Top most content slider is not clickable. Since it contains catching information users might actually when to read more.

The mens health navigation region might look much better without the underline text decoration

Some of the container border colors do not blend well with the layout background colors

You can give some margin to the images under online clinics and services

ok, I have to stop here and let others chip in

1 Like

Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by Lilboots(m): 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
Thanks @nollyj. It took me ages to get to this but will take your constructive criticism on board esp will the logo. One is so much in a bubble and definitely needs 'another' eye to see the mistakes. Cheers man
Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by yawatide(f): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2013
I keep getting the spinning wheel at my locale.

1 Like

Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by Lilboots(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
@Yawa-yi-de: It takes about 20 secs to load since I used flash. I am trying to do something about the loading time. Are u using a computer or a mobile apparatus? If you are using a mobile phone or tablet etc , it should automatically refer u to the mobile site ( which is a bit different from the original site. Pls reply so I can do whatever changes I need to do. Thanks for having a look in though. Hope u reply and tell me what u r using to access the website.
Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by tabontabon: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
Viewing from my laptop. Five minutes and still counting. Just a spinning wheel. How do you expect to attract viewers/visitors with this. Bandwidth is still expensive in Nigeria ooooh!!!! undecided
Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by Lilboots(m): 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
tabontabon: Viewing from my laptop. Five minutes and still counting. Just a spinning wheel. How do you expect to attract viewers/visitors with this. Bandwidth is still expensive in Nigeria ooooh!!!! undecided

I am on it @tabontabon. I made some repairs on my website admin page and unfortunately this was a side effect of the repairs. I am trying to get it fixed as I write. It wasn't like this yesterday. The aim of putting the websites addy here is for criticism and I am taking on your comments on board. I should get it fixed by tomorrow. It comes up on my laptop after 20 secs, which I must say is unacceptable. Used to be automatic ( 5 secs max) as at yesterday.
Thanks once again for the comments.
Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
But why use flash at all? These days, flash is usually reserved for wedding and celebrities websites.
Most of the things flash can do (unless very complex animation), jquery can easily do them. And it's lighter.

I dont see a reason why this type of your website should be done with flash. What you have there are just collection of images (flash are images), which robots cannot crawl. It is sites that dont need seo to get traffic that are usually designed with flash. This is like an online clinic, and how will you expect a patient to be waiting for the flash to finish loading. Flash is heavy anytime. Unless you are using super-fast internet connection, which is not even available to 95% of your clients. Again, what if the user didnt have flash plugin installed?

Again, jQuery is a lot easier to maintain than Flash as Flash requires recompilation before changes can be published.

1 Like

Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by Lilboots(m): 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
GraphicsPlus: But why use flash at all? These days, flash is usually reserved for wedding and celebrities websites.
Most of the things flash can do (unless very complex animation), jquery can easily do them. And it's lighter.

I dont see a reason why this type of your website should be done with flash. What you have there are just collection of images (flash are images), which robots cannot crawl. It is sites that dont need seo to get traffic that are usually designed with flash. This is like an online clinic, and how will you expect a patient to be waiting for the flash to finish loading. Flash is heavy anytime. Unless you are using super-fast internet connection, which is not even available to 95% of your clients. Again, what if the user didnt have flash plugin installed?

Again, jQuery is a lot easier to maintain than Flash as Flash requires recompilation before changes can be published.

Thanks for the observation. I do have a HTML site for mobile/ tablet users / people who do not have flash installed and they are automatically referred to this site when they type in the web address. It is slightly different from the flash website ( obviously) and the functions do not work well when viewed with a laptop/ desktop. It is basically a mobile site.
To answer your question, I thought the website came across well using flash. I shall have a look at JQuery and check what my options are. Thanks for the info.
. That's mobile site.
Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by Lilboots(m): 12:01am On Jul 05, 2013
@graphicplus, I think what u saw was the mobile page. Just thinking about it now actually.
Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:15am On Jul 05, 2013
What you called a mobile website is not in any way a mobile website. Mobile website is not making the width of a webpage wrapper to be smaller. Mobile website is a website that a user will not have to zoom or navigate horizontally to see webpage contents. Mobile website will just naturally take the width of any mobile device.

Here is my advice:
Make this: http://www.drlloyds.co.uk/m your main website and forget about the flash based one. Dont go and startb creating another webpages for a mobile devices. There are several mobile devices that people use to access the internet these days. Which one are you going to target in your mobile version? Here is the solution. Use css3 @media query to target different device screen width. The flash website will seriously have a negative impact on the traffic of that website. Open this website in desktop: http://www.starbucks.com. Do you see the mega menu? Now open it in your mobile phone. You will not have to zoom or navigate left and right. That's media query at work. One website targeting many devices.

Just layout your website with basic html and css and add necessary interactivity with js/jquery. I want you to work on: http://www.drlloyds.co.uk/m and make it your main website.
Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by Lilboots(m): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2013
Thanks for all your replies and I shall make changes and get back to u.
Cheers.
Re: I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED by Lilboots(m): 10:07am On Jul 05, 2013
THREAD CLOSED !!!!
THREAD CLOSED
THREAD CLOSED
THREAD CLOSED
THREAD CLOSED

(1)

Squeeze And Sales Page Set Up / Waooo Du U Want To Be Like Me In Just Two Days I Creat A Website / Arewa Web Hosting Providers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.