Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,446 members, 7,843,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. (9001 Views)

FG Condemns Quit Calls For Herdsmen From The South East- Vanguard News / Buhari Returns To Nigeria,to Embark On Three-nation Tour Of Egypt, Saudi Arabia / FG Condemns Execution Of Two Nigerians In Indonesia For Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by rdokoye: 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
Rossikk:
Perhaps... But we're fast catching up on them while they seem to be regressing.

This is what I'm trying to drum into these peoples' heads.

The Egyptians should come to Nigeria for lessons on how to build their democracy. Their politicians are not as sophisticated as their Nigerian counterparts. They lack strategic thinking. I mean, look at Morsi. What he did was equivalent to Buhari winning power by a slim margin, and then proceeding to impose sharia across the country, and neglecting all developmental issues. You won't even need millions of Nigerians on the streets to stop him. Either he gets impeached, or someone in his inner circle will off him before he does further damage to their party.

That’s true, only, a sitting president, such as Buhari, because of the checks and balances in place, would be unable to impose Sharia on the entire country even if he wanted to.

I think the problem in Egypt’s case was political immaturity.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2013
Capnd143: this is the main reason why the head of govt should always appoint his service cheifs, i wouldnt see such a situation being feasible in Nigeria where the service cheifs and top generals are under Jonathan circumference of influence and take others only from him, the Court decision to nullify the appointment of service cheif by the president is tantamous to a potential military coup d'etat and derogatory to a democratically structure govt on the present dispensation.
- wht are u hiding in ur post, was Joe suppose to have elected D service chiefs without D lawmakers? If u stand 4 this then let D Egyptians Be. 4 one person, we cant mortgage our future. GEJ is nt that important, no it is the ppl. Lets stop this reverence of political ppl
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by mankand(m): 10:08pm On Jul 05, 2013
Messi j: - wht are u hiding in ur post, was Joe suppose to have elected D service chiefs without D lawmakers? If u stand 4 this then let D Egyptians Be. 4 one person, we cant mortgage our future. GEJ is nt that important, no it is the ppl. Lets stop this reverence of political ppl

I don't think you guys get team picture. Morsi killed himself from the beginning, he saw himself holding a hot spots position in which the West and middle east will be finding alliance with, he decided to build his own empire forgetting that some people voted him there.

It was not about islam or whatsoever, the chief of defence has ties with the Muslim brotherhood. No one betrayed democracy, then only wanted improvement in their lives and they voted him out just as they voted him in.

He (morsi) greed killed him, he never declared his interest either going West or East he was living a do blend standard life.

Buhari cannot declare sharia in Nigeria because even the Muslims know iis going to be the end of what is called nigeria. That is not part of his agenda.

We Nigerians should stop voting for religion, religion have been a barrier which have been separating us, we should vote for someone with our conscience rather than our stomach
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by HezronLorraine(m): 7:39am On Jul 06, 2013
mankand:

I don't think you guys get team picture. Morsi killed himself from the beginning, he saw himself holding a hot spots position in which the West and middle east will be finding alliance with, he decided to build his own empire forgetting that some people voted him there.

It was not about islam or whatsoever, the chief of defence has ties with the Muslim brotherhood. No one betrayed democracy, then only wanted improvement in their lives and they voted him out just as they voted him in.

He (morsi) greed killed him, he never declared his interest either going West or East he was living a do blend standard life.

Buhari cannot declare sharia in Nigeria because even the Muslims know iis going to be the end of what is called nigeria. That is not part of his agenda.

We Nigerians should stop voting for religion, religion have been a barrier which have been separating us, we should vote for someone with our conscience rather than our stomach
exactly.let's cut Buhari out already cause his own Muslim Brotherhood party,a.k.a APC is a goner.
I still don't expect Nigerians going to polls in 2015 based on promises of I will provide good roads,good electricity.its time Nigerians stop being overwhelmed with all these 7 points agenda as they'll always present.
If I were to run for presidency,I would have words like this as campaign:
"Fellow Nigerians.I do not seek your votes because I believe I will provide the good things in life for you,I do not seek your votes because I have solutions to our problems,I do not seek your vote because I believe life would be made easy for every Nigerian citizen.but I seek your votes because you and I can build this nation.I seek your votes because you'll lead me,show me what to do.the government isn't for me but for us all.with you by my side we shall have answers to the failures of this nation. "
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by mankand(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: exactly.let's cut Buhari out already cause his own Muslim Brotherhood party,a.k.a APC is a goner.
I still don't expect Nigerians going to polls in 2015 based on promises of I will provide good roads,good electricity.its time Nigerians stop being overwhelmed with all these 7 points agenda as they'll always present.
If I were to run for presidency,I would have words like this as campaign:
"Fellow Nigerians.I do not seek your votes because I believe I will provide the good things in life for you,I do not seek your votes because I have solutions to our problems,I do not seek your vote because I believe life would be made easy for every Nigerian citizen.but I seek your votes because you and I can build this nation.I seek your votes because you'll lead me,show me what to do.the government isn't for me but for us all.with you by my side we shall have answers to the failures of this nation. "

My bro, you are on point here, but one question that comes to my mind is who will we have come out and say such when it is the same criminals in the name or Gosfatherism are imposing leaders on us.

They bully the minority party because they have the media and thugs on their pay roll.

A maximum exodus is needed in this country, we cannot keep patching and thinking all is right. We need fresh brains in the affairs of the country, we need people with vision of leadership, we do not need people with degrees, we need people who know what it takes and means to transform lives. Unfortunately all we have at the moment is crook.

Let me ask you one question, how do you solve a compuelter system that have been infected with trojan virus, malware, rootkits even got your task manager disabled, it does not allow antivirus to be installed because it have taken control of the computer?

I guess the only solution is to reformat the computer and reinstall a new antivirus while taking your time to analyze the files again before puting them back in the system.

That is like the solution to the mnace in this country.

Do you know the number of nigerians trooping out of the country everyday just because of the hardship? Our youths have majirly ventured into cyber crime, while our girls have gone into prostitution. Parents now encourage their children to make ends meet for themselves at all means because they need to survive. The administration from 1980 have failed us all. We needvto reformat nigeria. Pastors are also included.

This is the only way we can restore the hope of our unborn children, or else they will be slaves for the resf of their lives or they will have to migrate to another land neglecting and forgeting their heritage.

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Lordlexy: 11:05am On Jul 06, 2013
mankand:

My bro, you are on point here, but one question that comes to my mind is who will we have come out and say such when it is the same criminals in the name or Gosfatherism are imposing leaders on us.

They bully the minority party because they have the media and thugs on their pay roll.

A maximum exodus is needed in this country, we cannot keep patching and thinking all is right. We need fresh brains in the affairs of the country, we need people with vision of leadership, we do not need people with degrees, we need people who know what it takes and means to transform lives. Unfortunately all we have at the moment is crook.

Let me ask you one question, how do you solve a compuelter system that have been infected with trojan virus, malware, rootkits even got your task manager disabled, it does not allow antivirus to be installed because it have taken control of the computer?

I guess the only solution is to reformat the computer and reinstall a new antivirus while taking your time to analyze the files again before puting them back in the system.

That is like the solution to the mnace in this country.

Do you know the number of nigerians trooping out of the country everyday just because of the hardship? Our youths have majirly ventured into cyber crime, while our girls have gone into prostitution. Parents now encourage their children to make ends meet for themselves at all means because they need to survive. The administration from 1980 have failed us all. We needvto reformat nigeria. Pastors are also included.

This is the only way we can restore the hope of our unborn children, or else they will be slaves for the resf of their lives or they will have to migrate to another land neglecting and forgeting their heritage.
I agreed wit d majority of d points u raised about total reform of our leaders, because presently d crop of leadership tat we have, has completely failed d populace. What is left for d youths now is to take their destiny in their hands and demand a change in leadership. You will agree wit me tat d ballot box system of electioneering wouldn't work in tis part of d world witout being hijacked, and the undue interference in our democratic process by God fatherism, thus making it extremely difficult for transparent democracy. What we are practicing cannot be describe as democracy but crasy tat promote wastage, impunity, and imposition. To be honest, our votes dosn't count, there has never been anytin like free n fair election but forcefuly imposing individuals on us who never had reason being there in d first place. We can use tis forum to educate, enlightened and mobilise ourselves to distrupt tis illigalities being perpetuated up there. Lastly bro, pls keep pastors out of tis, they have nothing to do wit bad leadership, because fighting them will equal fighting God, and u don't want tat. Tanks.
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by Akpaife(m): 11:17am On Jul 06, 2013
none but me: Speaking out against it so that Nigerians will not replicate the Egyptian experience. grin
Hahahahahahaha u guys r funny u n who will do it pls count me out am nt interested as far as am concern our govt is d best no war no running out of country 4 safety unless u wat 2 travel out
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by agamenon(m): 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
The truth is that the Egyptian army has removed morsi ,so why all these and again Egyptian army and nigerian army which of the two is more powerful
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by jamace(m): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
grin grin
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by tomakint: 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
Kamanda:

Monkey
Come to think of it here, you are the real Mona Monkey undecided
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by OneOpinion: 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
ochukoccna: Coup or not,what happened in Eygpt was the will of the people
How come they was mass jubilatation when Morsi was removed?
And to think a mainly moslem nation rallied to kick out Islamists in power who went about balkanising Eygptshocked
Morsi failed to read the signs, gauge the mood of the nation nor understand that power belongs ultimately to the people
By the time he gave thought to negotiate from his defiant high horse,it was too late
Even the police and military were rejoicing
Doesn't that tell you something
Hope our politicians learn that been in power doesn't gave them the liberty to run the country aground
Why the FG jumped the gun to lamblast the Eygptians beat me hollow seeing America the UN and leading nations have given measured responses
Not that I support coups but an Africa which lacks strong institutions will see the Eygpt option particularly when a government is so detached from the people the way Mursi was
If Mubarak could be pushed out by the people,who be Mursi
Mtsheeeeew.

@Frank-C,be not deluded
Currently,Nigeria no longer has the fear factor she once had in African politics and on the world stage
She can regain it though

Sincerely I must confess that am saddened with your arguement.If truly you were an advocate of democracy,you wont hold hold on to such an opinion.How on earth will a full to the brim Tafawa Balewa Square in Lagos crowd be expressable as a fraction of the Nigerian population.Is that possible at all and besides the democracy we all chant cater for only 50%+ support and not 99%.The crowd that marched for Morsis ouster wasnt up to 50000people. How will a choice of 50000people be representative of the Entire Egyptian populace.Well am not really blaming you mainly because the international media are not helping the matters-this is traceable to the world "superpowers" influence. Or else do you account for seizeless mass protests in virtually all Egyptian states and cities accross board in support of Morsi and against the coup. The death toll of pro Morsis and anti-supporters is 6000+ and still counting.I wony want to dwell to much on this because of the state i am right now but i just wany you to know that what happened in Egypt is in no way close to the depiction of the voice of the people which is the threshold of democracy,its just a coup masterminded by the erstwhile Egyptian Monarch-Hosni Mubarak(by now you must have heard of his release) allies i.e the Egyptian Army
Re: FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. by OneOpinion: 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
ochukoccna: Coup or not,what happened in Eygpt was the will of the people
How come they was mass jubilatation when Morsi was removed?
And to think a mainly moslem nation rallied to kick out Islamists in power who went about balkanising Eygptshocked
Morsi failed to read the signs, gauge the mood of the nation nor understand that power belongs ultimately to the people
By the time he gave thought to negotiate from his defiant high horse,it was too late
Even the police and military were rejoicing
Doesn't that tell you something
Hope our politicians learn that been in power doesn't gave them the liberty to run the country aground
Why the FG jumped the gun to lamblast the Eygptians beat me hollow seeing America the UN and leading nations have given measured responses
Not that I support coups but an Africa which lacks strong institutions will see the Eygpt option particularly when a government is so detached from the people the way Mursi was
If Mubarak could be pushed out by the people,who be Mursi
Mtsheeeeew.

@Frank-C,be not deluded
Currently,Nigeria no longer has the fear factor she once had in African politics and on the world stage
She can regain it though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Executive Bodies Listed In The 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic / Here Is The Much Awaited List .....Now Everybody Can Rest. / PDP Rally In Warji LGA, Bauchi State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.