Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries (1403 Views)

Zimbabwe’s Mugabe Shouts “we Are Not Gays!” During U.N. Speech / Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? / Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by Virick(m): 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
Contrary to the Westernized popular belief that Zimbabwe is synonymous with ‘Mugabe’s dictatorship’, it is one of Africa's most democratic states.

If Robert Mugabe is indeed a dictator, he has a peculiar way of showing it: the President liberated Zimbabwe from white minority rule and established a thriving parliamentary democracy, which has held multi-party elections ever since Independence in 1980. In fact, this year at least twenty-eight political parties will contest Zimbabwe's upcoming, general elections.

Few dictatorships in history have held an election like Zimbabwe did recently. Mugabe upheld the constitution in order to allow the opposition to win a majority in parliament and appoint their choice for a Prime Minister. Even fewer dictatorships have encouraged tens of thousands of people to take part in hundreds of open meetings, nationwide. This culminated in a truly people-driven constitution that entrenches democratic freedoms.

However, what sets Zimbabwe apart from other African nations is the fact that the ruling party firmly believes that democracy extends beyond merely political and civic rights and includes equal social and economic rights.

More at http://www.countercurrents.org/chengu020713.htm
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
Nonsense
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by chrissbidi(m): 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
Absolute beautiful nonsense!
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by egift(m): 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
Are you talking about the same elections he keep being the winner since 1980 till today?

BTW, what is their highest single currency note?
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by andrewza: 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
Just because you let people vote does not mean you letting them have a choice
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by Virick(m): 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
At the end of the day, the most pertinent question of all is: "whence cometh your source of information about Mugabe??" CNN? ah-ha! wink

Whether this is all true or not is not half as important as the need to re-evaluate what you, personally, call your 'truth'. I don't know about u folks, but i have never been to Zim before, still, i'll be comatose before i allow the Mainstream Media tell me what to think, and how to think about any matter as they tell blatant lies about much on this planet 95% of the time.

Perhaps any of u would like to discuss ur personal experiences of ur visit to Zim.

andrewza: Just because you let people vote does not mean you letting them have a choice
The folks of almight Uhmerika also lack choices when it comes to voting, dont they andrewza?? Is one of 2 choices (parties) "a real choice??"
Ur arguments lack merits where already existing precedents are concerned.

chidindufrank: Nonsense
Is that u talking from KNOWING or is that ur Ego?

egift: Are you talking about the same elections he keep being the winner since 1980 till today?

Yes, the authour must be talking about the same elections.
Currency value is a bankster game and not a true means of assessing the situation in Zim which may be fully contrary to what is being spouted by the Zionist controlled MSM.

Anyone with experiental info to share?

Thanks.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by zaandrew: 11:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
Virick: At the end of the day, the most pertinent question of all is: "whence cometh your source of information about Mugabe??" CNN? ah-ha! wink

Whether this is all true or not is not half as important as the need to re-evaluate what you, personally, call your 'truth'. I don't know about u folks, but i have never been to Zim before, still, i'll be comatose before i allow the Mainstream Media tell me what to think, and how to think about any matter as they tell blatant lies about much on this planet 95% of the time.

Perhaps any of u would like to discuss ur personal experiences of ur visit to Zim.

The folks of almight Uhmerika also lack choices when it comes to voting, dont they andrewza?? Is one of 2 choices (parties) "a real choice??"
Ur arguments lack merits where already existing precedents are concerned.

Is that u talking from KNOWING or is that ur Ego?

Yes, the authour must be talking about the same elections.
Currency value is a bankster game and not a true means of assessing the situation in Zim which may be fully contrary to what is being spouted by the Zionist controlled MSM.

Anyone with experiental info to share?

Thanks.

My source is speaking to zimbawens who fled to SA. And due to econmics but fear of mugaby. May be you should speak to them before you make assumpstions.

USA has more than 2 polictacal parties. Just the other once are so small they of no value or worth. But the people have a choice and they choice 2 stike with rep of dem. But they made the choice.

Zims elecstion had many ekegralties like 500 voters all living in a field. Yep ghost voters sine of a democorcy.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by samilo88(m): 1:01am On Jul 05, 2013
If You put a gun to my head compelling me to vote for you, would that still be democracy??
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by Virick(m): 5:54am On Jul 05, 2013
zaandrew:

My source is speaking to zimbawens who fled to SA. And due to econmics but fear of mugaby. May be you should speak to them before you make assumpstions.

USA has more than 2 polictacal parties. Just the other once are so small they of no value or worth. But the people have a choice and they choice 2 stike with rep of dem. But they made the choice.

Zims elecstion had many ekegralties like 500 voters all living in a field. Yep ghost voters sine of a democorcy.

Assumptions? Well, i have met some Zims myself while in SA and they moved to SA due to economics mostly, one was planning to go back as he had recently been offered a job wink. "Fear of Mugabe" is too wide and all condemning a statement for mere hearsay, don't u think? But at least, u are drawing conclusions for urself and not from the mass hysteria device called the TV. It's all good smiley

Regarding ur response to Uhmerika
Just the other once are so small they of no value or worth.
Interesting, would u like to venture a guess as to WHY?
Can i thus rest my case that they have only 2 parties? Thanks.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by Virick(m): 6:00am On Jul 05, 2013
samilo88: If You put a gun to my head compelling me to vote for you, would that still be democracy??
I would like evidence in this regard. Care to share a link?
To answer ur question, i would say, Yes, cos i want my life spared - Logical choice, obviously.

However, if i pay u a puny sum and toss u lovely t-shirt, would u vote for me?
That's a rhetorical question Sam, but err-hmmm.... We know in which country such a thing actually happens. I won't mention the country by name, but the name begins with the alphabet, Nigeria.

Perhaps the problem is this thing called "democracy", dontcha think?
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by zaandrew: 7:57am On Jul 05, 2013
Virick:

Assumptions? Well, i have met some Zims myself while in SA and they moved to SA due to economics mostly, one was planning to go back as he had recently been offered a job wink. "Fear of Mugabe" is too wide and all condemning a statement for mere hearsay, don't u think? But at least, u are drawing conclusions for urself and not from the mass hysteria device called the TV. It's all good smiley

Regarding ur response to Uhmerika

Interesting, would u like to venture a guess as to WHY?
Can i thus rest my case that they have only 2 parties? Thanks.

Wow a zimbawen who wants to go home.

Because american people chose that. Any case how many poltcal parties can zimbawe choose between. MDC and zanupf. So a crimnal and the guy who the crimnal calls a crimnal.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by thoth: 3:45am On Jul 06, 2013
Many Nigerians knew nothing about Zimbabwe apart from the lies that the international imperialist media feeds them, so don't be surprised on the amount of ignorance that they display, if Mugabe allowed the minority whites who came and killed, pillaged and dehumanized their people to continue exploiting and extracting wealth from his Motherland while the real owners of the nation starves, if he allowed the white man who came with Guns and sickness to take all the fertile farmlands and export their products while leaving the real owners of the nation with unproductive farmlands, if Mugabe had allowed the Zionist Miners and their banking cohorts to extract their diamonds and minerals on the land which they forcefully took with guns, a land which their ancestors have no legal claim unto, a land which they have desecrated. If Muagbe did all that, the western media would have praised him as they are praising Jonathan while in reality his people,brothers, sisters, men whose fathers and great grandfathers fought against those same foreign pillagers for their motherland suffers in poverty, Nigerians would love him.

Well Nigerians should know that Mugabe is a symbol of freedom for that nation, he is a symbol of bravery, A man that did what has to be done, he will be elected and re-elected because he remains the only man that would not deviate, a man that has been tried and tested, he is not perfect since he is a man but he is right for the job.

when you talk about the inflation in Zimbabwe you should try to look deeper at the manipulations of the international banksters( Ganster Banking) and organizations , how they compromised the Zimbabwean economy.

The people who claims to be afraid of Mugabe are mostly the reactionaries, they are the ones that would rather took advantage of the situation and sell out their nation and brethren for their own selfish greed, the IBB's and Obasanjo's of Zimbabwe and their ignorant supporters. the sort of supporters whom with their ignorance will damage the unity of a nation, the sense of oneness, the efficiency of a united front with their stupid actions(more like northern Islamic riots which always makes others want to leave Nigeria). Those ones has to be dealt with or else the nation will loose the larger picture. Russia,China,England,France,Germany etc all dealt with theirs in order to have the unity they enjoyed today. so why not Zimbabwe? because the imperialist won't want a free truly liberated nation in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by Virick(m): 11:40am On Jul 06, 2013
Hat-tipping thanks Thoth!

U leave me speechless! I did not know folks like u exist on Naira Land. Nice to read from u.

thoth: Many Nigerians knew nothing about Zimbabwe apart from the lies that the international imperialist media feeds them, so don't be surprised on the amount of ignorance that they display, if Mugabe allowed the minority whites who came and killed, pillaged and dehumanized their people to continue exploiting and extracting wealth from his Motherland while the real owners of the nation starves, if he allowed the white man who came with Guns and sickness to take all the fertile farmlands and export their products while leaving the real owners of the nation with unproductive farmlands, if Mugabe had allowed the Zionist Miners and their banking cohorts to extract their diamonds and minerals on the land which they forcefully took with guns, a land which their ancestors have no legal claim unto, a land which they have desecrated. If Muagbe did all that, the western media would have praised him as they are praising Jonathan while in reality his people,brothers, sisters, men whose fathers and great grandfathers fought against those same foreign pillagers for their motherland suffers in poverty, Nigerians would love him.

Well Nigerians should know that Mugabe is a symbol of freedom for that nation, he is a symbol of bravery, A man that did what has to be done, he will be elected and re-elected because he remains the only man that would not deviate, a man that has been tried and tested, he is not perfect since he is a man but he is right for the job.

when you talk about the inflation in Zimbabwe you should try to look deeper at the manipulations of the international banksters( Ganster Banking) and organizations , how they compromised the Zimbabwean economy.

The people who claims to be afraid of Mugabe are mostly the reactionaries, they are the ones that would rather took advantage of the situation and sell out their nation and brethren for their own selfish greed, the IBB's and Obasanjo's of Zimbabwe and their ignorant supporters. the sort of supporters whom with their ignorance will damage the unity of a nation, the sense of oneness, the efficiency of a united front with their stupid actions(more like northern Islamic riots which always makes others want to leave Nigeria). Those ones has to be dealt with or else the nation will loose the larger picture. Russia,China,England,France,Germany etc all dealt with theirs in order to have the unity they enjoyed today. so why not Zimbabwe? because the imperialist won't want a free truly liberated nation in Africa.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by andrewza: 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
thoth: Many Nigerians knew nothing about Zimbabwe apart from the lies that the international imperialist media feeds them, so don't be surprised on the amount of ignorance that they display, if Mugabe allowed the minority whites who came and killed, pillaged and dehumanized their people to continue exploiting and extracting wealth from his Motherland while the real owners of the nation starves, if he allowed the white man who came with Guns and sickness to take all the fertile farmlands and export their products while leaving the real owners of the nation with unproductive farmlands, if Mugabe had allowed the Zionist Miners and their banking cohorts to extract their diamonds and minerals on the land which they forcefully took with guns, a land which their ancestors have no legal claim unto, a land which they have desecrated. If Muagbe did all that, the western media would have praised him as they are praising Jonathan while in reality his people,brothers, sisters, men whose fathers and great grandfathers fought against those same foreign pillagers for their motherland suffers in poverty, Nigerians would love him.

So what about me, i live in SA and know personally many zimbabweans. So when i say that mugabe is a dictator who murdered his own black brothers(i bet many of you fools did not know that), suppress opposition movements, and riggs elections i know what i am saying.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by thoth: 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
andrewza:

So what about me, i live in SA and know personally many zimbabweans. So when i say that mugabe is a dictator who murdered his own black brothers(i bet many of you fools did not know that), suppress opposition movements, and riggs elections i know what i am saying.

when you say opposition movements you should try to look more deeply at what they are opposing and how they are going about it, when a black man decides to sell off his fellow blackmen, gets sponsorship from enemies of black africa to sabotage the democratic process of a black african nation that is no longer called an Opposition, that is called Subversion. A real nation that is truly independent must protect its sovereign rights and the future of its citizens and that means that any subversive element must be ruthlessly dealt with. it does not matter how they wish to cloak it; what matters is that they are attacking the very institution that defines the nation and the people that constitutes it.

Tomorrow if Goodluck decides to nationalise our oil sector and use the oil dividens for the benefit of the people some crook will be propped up by the oil companies and massively funded, then they will start attacking the government left ,right and center under the cloak of opposition, they will host VIOLENT riots damaging lives and property, they will formulate heinous allegations against the government and their foreign media friends will lend voice to it, they will strive to cause division and destroy the integrity of the peoples institution(government) all in the name of opposition.
Any government that allows such subversive tactics to be employed in its soil is a weak government that is incapable of protecting the intrests of the people and My friend [size=14pt]MUGABE IS NOT WEAK.[/size]

Wikipedia defines subversion as :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion

Subversion refers to an attempt to transform the established social order and its structures of power, authority, and hierarchy.[b] Subversion (Latin subvertere: overthrow) refers to a process by which the values and principles of a system in place, are contradicted or reversed *. More specifically, subversion can be described as an attack on the public morale and, “the will to resist intervention are the products of combined political and social or class loyalties which are usually attached to national symbols. Following penetration, and parallel with the forced disintegration of political and social institutions of the state, these loyalties may be detached and transferred to the political or ideological cause of the aggressor.”..........

Furthermore, external subversion is where, “the aggressor state attempts to recruit and assist indigenous political and military actors to overthrow their government by coup d’état.”[4] If subversion fails in its goal of bringing about a coup it is possible that the actors and actions of the subversive group could transition to insurrection, insurgency, and/or guerilla warfare.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by Virick(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
Another big thanks to u Thoth!!!

Honestly, i have never considered the matter from a viewpoint such as u have just elaborated. Other than an instinct that all is not as we are compelled to believe about Mugabe, i have always maintained a resistive stance, where opinion is concerned, to any matter the media tries to sell us and have practically stopped watching TV altogether - It is always almost the opposite of truth they tell most times, always - IT SICKENS ME!! I was pleasantly surprised by the article above as i never thought to look up what other folks in search of TRUTH are unearthing about Zimbabwe and other matters.

Subversion eh? I am amazed why that never crossed my thoughts as it is one of age-old tactics used by the Khazars for centuries to implode and take-over sovereign nations from within thru Subversion... being the well mannered wife of false-flag terrorism.

The twists and turns unfold unstoppably to reveal naught but truth for all to see. This generation shall awaken to Truth of all matters eventually and i shall be hear to watch those Jaws drop!

Now having said that, i have also been in the act of rethinking all i thought i knew about much on this planet. I have come to the realisation that my opinions, until 'recently' had been formed by way of memes cleverly seeded into humanity's mass consciousness by a very clever handful of folks - the so-called "elite" of illuminates. The delivery method of choice remains the Media. The more insidious yet effective means is in the predictable behaviour of Brain-washed, Media-Programmed folks when brought up against meme-breaking ideas, for which the response is immediate verbal lynching (or worse). Honest seekers are practically scared back into mass-thinking conformity - An example, for ur personal humour https://www.nairaland.com/1342767/mandela-murderous-marxist#16551430

Fact of the matter is that this all does not stop with Mugabe. How's about North-korea? How's about our very own so-called "Islamic" Jihadist - Boko so-called Haram??

My thanks once again Thoth, reading of and from u is so encouraging as i was starting to worry very much for our fellow Nigerians and their capacity to sit down a moment and truly THINK!!

Maybe Nairaland can use its influence towards leading folks in the direction of true THINKING by a more advanced choice of what makes its front-page. "5 things women do not like to be told" is hardly beneficial to anyone in a world on fire through the effective weapon of distraction-borne ignorance. ah well...

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by Virick(m): 9:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
Andrew, angry

I guess living in South Africa (Not ZIMBABWE) makes u fully knowledgeable where this discourse is concerned. I like the way u assert ur knowledge thru the inarguable means of calling the ones here fools. Now THINK carefully about that! What is ur source of information, asides living a country that borders Zimbabwe? Hopefully u can join this conversation in much more proper manner and educate us with sound reasoning, not verbal abuse.
andrewza:

Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by andrewza: 12:07am On Jul 07, 2013
Zimbabwe as good as showed two fingers to SADC and effectively told them to ‘go away’.

It’s that time of year when the grey Louries sit up in the trees and scold, repeatedly, telling you to go away. There’s no hiding from them and every time you step outside the message from above is the same: Go Away! It’s a sentiment that was echoed in our constitutional court this week when Zimbabwe as good as showed two fingers to SADC and effectively told them to ‘go away’ as it dismissed applications for a delay in the date of elections. A couple of days later when launching Zanu PF’s election manifesto in a five hour, live, uninterrupted ZBC TV broadcast, Mr Mugabe went further. Referring to SADC’s recommendations for elections in Zimbabwe, Mr Mugabe said : “If SADC decides to do stupid things we can move out and withdraw from SADC.”

And so the date is set whether we like it or not; whether the processes and reforms have been followed or not. On the 31st July 2013 we will go to the polls in what are ironically called ‘harmonized’ elections although there’s never anything even remotely harmonious about elections in Zimbabwe. There’s been nothing harmonious about two voter registration processes which have been unable to get to the end of the queues and left countless people angry, frustrated and disappointed.

There’s also nothing at all harmonious about the voters roll which the Registrar General said had 6,082,302 names on it as of the 30th June 2013. Allegations of voters roll irregularities are growing by the minute. The Daily News’ had front page headlines this week saying: “Election rigging underway… hired Israeli Firm tampering with voters roll.”

Even more chilling was the report from Harare's Research and Advocacy Unit which has looked at discrepancies between the voters roll and last year’s population census. The RAU found that 63 constituencies out of 210 had more registered voters than the number of inhabitants counted in the 2012 census. RAU also found 2 million young adults not registered as voters, a figure which throws into serious question the number of voters the Registrar General says were on the roll last week. It looks like once again we’re a country with far more voters than real people.

That all of this happened in the same week as millions of Zimbabweans woke up to find that their satellite television channels from South Africa and Botswana had been scrambled seems impossibly coincidental. ‘ Scrambled’ was the angry buzzword everywhere but it soon left even more people following the infamous Baba Jukwa Facebook page. Baba Jukwa’s stunning revelations about corruption and dirty deals in government circles have become the latest obsession in Zimbabwe and have attracted 50 thousand new followers in the last fortnight alone, resulting in 217,000 followers as I write, and rising every day.

Comfort at the end of a bad week came from MDC Finance Minister Tendai Biti who wrote on his Facebook page: “The plan is to rush into an election that will be stolen and then invite us into the elite madness of another GNU. What crass madness, The people will not be betrayed. This economy is suffering. Zimbabweans are suffering. The crises cannot be prolonged. The people want to deliver their knock out blow. Zimbabweans want to be free. The next few days will decide our fate ,watch them closely. Every second is history .”

We are watching, every second. God save Zimbabwe.

Copyright © Cathy Buckle.
http://www.moneyweb.co.za/moneyweb-south-africa/more-voters-than-real-people

democratic my ass.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by andrewza: 12:12am On Jul 07, 2013
http://nehandaradio.com/2013/07/06/south-africans-hit-back-at-mugabe-insults/

The country’s octogenarian leader not only inexplicably threatened to pull Zimbabwe out of Sadc at the rally, he also tore into South African President Jacob Zuma’s trusted international relations advisor, Lindiwe Zulu, who is also one of the facilitators to Harare’s political crisis — describing her as “an ordinary, stupid and idiotic street woman” for allegedly meddling in Zimbabwe’s affairs.

Zulu’s crime appears to be her recent suggestion that Zimbabwe should have postponed its forthcoming elections to pave the way for the implementation of agreed, but outstanding media and security reforms. Zulu refused to comment when contacted by the Daily News.

“I have no comment. I don’t think commenting on that will solve the situation,” said Zulu.

However, an SA government official who requested anonymity said last night that Pretoria was “appalled” to hear that Mugabe had “stooped this low to attack both Sadc and one of our officials at his rally today (yesterday)”.

“If he did indeed, let this old man be warned that we are all capable of acting very badly. After all, it was Sadc and South Africa who made sure that he is ble to enjoy the status of being acknowledged around the world as the president of Zimbabwe.

“So, like the laughing stock and mampara (fool) that he is making of himself, he is effectively biting the hand that feeds him. He clearly has become oblivious to the fact that whether he wins or loses, Sadc and South Africa will still be here and that he will probably still need our assistance.

“We expected this kind of unnecessary and destructive vitriol from the likes of (Jonathan) Moyo, not from the State president of Zimbabwe, whom all of us have gone to great lengths to prop up. But if that’s his wish, then good luck to him,” the angry official said.

An analyst last night described Mugabe’s ?utterances as “ill-advised and unpresidential”, whatever his personal views of Zulu were.

“It is very likely that as a direct result of this poor behaviour and choice of words by president Mugabe that relations between South Africa and Zimbabwe will plummet over a fairly frivolous issue.

“If this analysis is correct, this will have a deleterious effect not just on Mugabe, Zanu PF and the government, but also on all Zimbabweans given South Africa’s political and economic standing within Sadc and the international community.

“What makes Mugabe’s appalling statement even more shocking is that president Zuma very clearly and publicly boxed in Mugabe’s and Zimbabwe’s corner when he recently met President Obama in Pretoria, by calling for the lifting of sanctions and the normalisation of relations with Harare.

“So, why shoot oneself in the foot?” Johannesburg-based Shepherd Mntungwa asked. Daily News
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by thoth: 7:06am On Jul 07, 2013
andrewza: http://nehandaradio.com/2013/07/06/south-africans-hit-back-at-mugabe-insults/

The country’s octogenarian leader not only inexplicably threatened to pull Zimbabwe out of Sadc at the rally, he also tore into South African President Jacob Zuma’s trusted international relations advisor, Lindiwe Zulu, who is also one of the facilitators to Harare’s political crisis — describing her as “an ordinary, stupid and idiotic street woman” for allegedly meddling in Zimbabwe’s affairs.

Zulu’s crime appears to be her recent suggestion that Zimbabwe should have postponed its forthcoming elections to pave the way for the implementation of agreed, but outstanding media and security reforms. Zulu refused to comment when contacted by the Daily News.

“I have no comment. I don’t think commenting on that will solve the situation,” said Zulu.

However, an SA government official who requested anonymity said last night that Pretoria was “appalled” to hear that Mugabe had “stooped this low to attack both Sadc and one of our officials at his rally today (yesterday)”.

“If he did indeed, let this old man be warned that we are all capable of acting very badly. After all, it was Sadc and South Africa who made sure that he is ble to enjoy the status of being acknowledged around the world as the president of Zimbabwe.

“So, like the laughing stock and mampara (fool) that he is making of himself, he is effectively biting the hand that feeds him. He clearly has become oblivious to the fact that whether he wins or loses, Sadc and South Africa will still be here and that he will probably still need our assistance.

“We expected this kind of unnecessary and destructive vitriol from the likes of (Jonathan) Moyo, not from the State president of Zimbabwe, whom all of us have gone to great lengths to prop up. But if that’s his wish, then good luck to him,” the angry official said.

An analyst last night described Mugabe’s ?utterances as “ill-advised and unpresidential”, whatever his personal views of Zulu were.

“It is very likely that as a direct result of this poor behaviour and choice of words by president Mugabe that relations between South Africa and Zimbabwe will plummet over a fairly frivolous issue.

“If this analysis is correct, this will have a deleterious effect not just on Mugabe, Zanu PF and the government, but also on all Zimbabweans given South Africa’s political and economic standing within Sadc and the international community.

“What makes Mugabe’s appalling statement even more shocking is that president Zuma very clearly and publicly boxed in Mugabe’s and Zimbabwe’s corner when he recently met President Obama in Pretoria, by calling for the lifting of sanctions and the normalisation of relations with Harare.

“So, why shoot oneself in the foot?” Johannesburg-based Shepherd Mntungwa asked. Daily News

I don't see the sense in all the post you made above, they are all one sided, you just cherry picked the media that belongs to the subversive party.
Why don't we hear as well from the media that said something different?
A general that understands his enemy know how best to fight his war, when we fight imperialism we fight both aggressors from outside our continent and those whom either fall into the category of puppet states or imperialist exploitative nations.
Mugabe remains the man that knows what is to be done and always ready to do it. Mugabe resisted the parasitic South African companies and the ones that had access had to follow the regulations of the nation and abide by it, Nigeria is an example of a nation that has been ravaged by many South African vampire multinationals, even though South Africa is liberated from apartheid can you say the indigenous citizens control the finance of the country? Of course Not! It still rest in the hands of the whites and many blacks still waste in the ghettos almost two decades after the liberation.
SADC can go to hell as it does not render any nation part of it subservient to another, it does not force a nation that is a member to neglect its duties to its citizens.
You heard as the puppet Nigerian president quickly supported the interventionist USA to bomb Libya and murder Gaddafi and what did south Africa say instead; they were against USA meddling in African affairs and they quarreled with Nigeria over it. The same row happened in Ivory coast over Gbagbo with the colonialist french interventions. Nigerian president recently condemned the will of the Egyptian people to have a new president, do you think it was the Nigerian government talking or someone talking through it.
Did you witness the African Union suspending Egypt because the people choose to bungle the imperialist plans for their nation. they did not suspend Egypt when the army removed Mubarak, they did not suspend Tunisia when the army has to remove the president because of the protest that was threatening to damage the nation but they have to suspend Egypt, Does common sense don't tell you that the AU has been hijacked just like Gaddafi said, and they are no longer representing the collective interest of the African people but rather some nations have hijacked it and used it to further their interest in Africa.
In everything a leader does the interest and needs of his people comes first, the integrity of Zimbabwe is more important than SADC, Zimbabwe has been before SADC and Zimbabwe will remain after SADC.

Was it not the same SADC and its puppets that ordered Zimbabwe to give back lands stolen by whites back to whites and leave the black people of Zimbabwe to become slaves in their own lands, was it not that same SADC that confiscated Zimbabwean assets in south Africa and gave it to white Zimbabweans as compensation. Was it not? Why would any serious African Nation listen to these buffoons.
http://mg.co.za/article/2013-06-28-editorial-re-empower-sadc-tribunal/

reads peoples comments after that article, i will post one for you;

When africans were stripped of their land and independance long ago, re-course for most of us was by through a brutal war in which we lost many of our comrades and friends. Those wars did not bring Africas land back to its rightful owners.The SADC Tribunal , the Constitutional Court of SA , or which ever country , is biased in thinking that we will respect its judgements till a day these courts return the African land to the pre colonial era . Otherwise , we the poor black man of Africa will continue to ignore such judgements and shout Aluta continua , down with the colonisers together with their kith and kin . Call me backward but the natural truth is, Obama is naturally not American and never will be , same with bass Botha, .As much as we are willing to live in harmony with them, (of which they do not want) they should return without compensation what their ancestors stole from us .Only then shall we forgive though we will not forget.Other wise Africa will never be completely independant and so will never know peace. ALUUUTA CONTINUAAAA ! !

Gunman Mumunda.

I think you should keep quiet and study the moves of Mugabe, they are master moves and we will need people who are good in it when our time comes.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by andrewza: 9:32am On Jul 07, 2013
what other side, there already more voters than people, he refuses compile with a request made by SADC to issuer free and fair elections and then insults his only friend in the world a friend who only last month asked obama to lifted sanctions on his sorry ass. The same friend who is having to pay for this election.

Steal? that land was gained long before the white farmers or the black that now live(but not farm) on it were ever born. So yes the farmers should be compensated.

mugabe is a dictator that is that is robbing his country, he blames the condition of his country on but when ian smith was president the country had more money and it's only friend was SA who were all so under sanctions. He can't find money for elections but he can build houses in south africa? he is a thief and a dictator.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by thoth: 11:05am On Jul 07, 2013
andrewza: what other side, there already more voters than people, he refuses compile with a request made by SADC to issuer free and fair elections and then insults his only friend in the world a friend who only last month asked obama to lifted sanctions on his sorry ass. The same friend who is having to pay for this election.

what other side ? do you want to tell us that 100% of Zimbabweans oppose Mugabe ? can you say of 50% or you meant in a fascist way that only your supposed opposition has the right to a say ?

andrewza:

Steal? [size=16pt]that land was gained[/size] long before the white farmers or the black that now live(but not farm) on it were ever born. So yes the farmers should be compensated.

Did you say gained ? gained?? how was it gained ? by bombing and killing the inhabitants and driving them out ? is that how sane humans Gain things, how brainwashed can Africans ever be to accept such atrocity on their brothers as reasonable, i am not surprised i have also seen Africans that find reasons to justify slavery and colonization.

mugabe is a dictator that is that is robbing his country, he blames the condition of his country on [size=18pt]?[/size] but when ian smith was president the country had more money and it's only friend was SA who were all so under sanctions. He can't find money for elections but he can build houses in south africa? he is a thief and a dictator.

By when Ian smith was president you mean when Zimbabwe was exploited and minority white which were less than 10% of the population was rich and all blacks were Servants, is that what you meant ?
By when Ian Smith was president, you meant when blacks don't even have full rights and privilege as citizens in their own country ?
By South Africa being its only friend you mean its other apartheid partner, brotherly nations in atrocities against black men, south Africa was under sanctions and you refused to further tell us why south Africa was under sanctions, oh i remember , they torture and kill Africans, steal their lands, exploit their labor and pillage their mines, then they were sanctioned and their partner in crime Ian Smith used the common border with South Africa to help the White African devils to circumvent the sanctions.

I bet then you will also say that South Africa has so much money then, maybe because the extremely wretched blacks(80% of the population) that were forced to the ghettos were not south Africans, the millions of Zimbabweans that work as handy men and farm hands were not Zimbabweans.

Now Andrew i have also lived in south Africa for a short while and i was privileged to associate with the topmost class of the south African society and that was 1995 during the integration process. Only whites make such arguments like you do and i strongly believe you are either a white south African or a seriously brainwashed and dangerous African.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by andrewza: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2013
thoth:

what other side ? do you want to tell us that 100% of Zimbabweans oppose Mugabe ? can you say of 50% or you meant in a fascist way that only your supposed opposition has the right to a say ?

Did you say gained ? gained?? how was it gained ? by bombing and killing the inhabitants and driving them out ? is that how sane humans Gain things, how brainwashed can Africans ever be to accept such atrocity on their brothers as reasonable, i am not surprised i have also seen Africans that find reasons to justify slavery and colonization.

By when Ian smith was president you mean when Zimbabwe was exploited and minority white which were less than 10% of the population was rich and all blacks were Servants, is that what you meant ?
By when Ian Smith was president, you meant when blacks don't even have full rights and privilege as citizens in their own country ?
By South Africa being its only friend you mean its other apartheid partner, brotherly nations in atrocities against black men, south Africa was under sanctions and you refused to further tell us why south Africa was under sanctions, oh i remember , they torture and kill Africans, steal their lands, exploit their labor and pillage their mines, then they were sanctioned and their partner in crime Ian Smith used the common border with South Africa to help the White African devils to circumvent the sanctions.

I bet then you will also say that South Africa has so much money then, maybe because the extremely wretched blacks(80% of the population) that were forced to the ghettos were not south Africans, the millions of Zimbabweans that work as handy men and farm hands were not Zimbabweans.

Now Andrew i have also lived in south Africa for a short while and i was privileged to associate with the topmost class of the south African society and that was 1995 during the integration process. Only whites make such arguments like you do and i strongly believe you are either a white south African or a seriously brainwashed and dangerous African.

there is no other side to vote rigging.

you want to tell me that every piece of the vast zimbabwe was inhabited?

yes and it still had money and those poor blacks still got food to eat.

again the blacks had food to eat, and lets compare the 2 countries poast majority rule, zimbabwe a charity case then went from a bread basket to starvation. South africa richer now than it ever was and produce more than enough food for it people.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by andrewza: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2013
thoth:

there is no other side to vote rigging.

you want to tell me that every piece of the vast zimbabwe was inhabited?

yes and it still had money and those poor blacks still got food to eat.

again the blacks had food to eat, and lets compare the 2 countries poast majority rule, zimbabwe a charity case then went from a bread basket to starvation. South africa richer now than it ever was and produce more than enough food for it people.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by thoth: 11:32am On Jul 07, 2013
Andrew i don't really play word games, i never enjoyed it for once and i am not planning to learn it now.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
Elections in zimbabwe are rigged

right now people in urban areas are finding it hard to register for voting but people in the rural areas it doesnt take long, in town there are queues etc

the guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobaiwa_Mudede to head the voter roll as since been there since independence and he is hard zanu pf high ranking member he knows how to play around with voter role

mugabe we give him credit to some of the things but we want him gone, they can even find a new leader in there own party

land reform good idea but the way it was implemented

right now there are killing each from within this party http://www.thezimbabwean.co/news/zimbabwe/66353/zanu-pf-diamond-whistleblower-chindori.html

look at the car in the link not even the doors are damaged airbags didnt deploy etc and someone dies is such a crash ?

right now we have a whistle blower within the zanu pf he the one who warned about someone being killed in zanu

you can follow the guy on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baba-Jukwa/232224626922797?fref=ts

he claims to be a zanu pf member who is not happy with what is happening within zanu itself
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
mugabe was liked and backed by the british to win 1980 elections instead of nkomo who was supported by soviet union at the time

Mugabe did learn to cheat from them, after independence mugabe jailed all high ranking people from Nkomo's party, the likes of Dumiso Dambegwa and Lookout Masuku (who they later killed) they spent average 7 years in prison 1980 - 1987.
When the british were training the new zimbabwe army, Nkomo's fighter were being sideline for post and promotion and some went back into the bush this lead to fights First Entumbane Uprising & Gukurahundi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gukurahundi

Mugabe always took Nkomo as a thread they later agree to a unity accord, with swallowed ZAPU

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwe_African_People's_Union

Then born ZANU PF, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwe_African_National_Union_%E2%80%93_Patriotic_Front)

of which we ended up having two vice presidents Nkomo being the other one and from the Ndebele speaking people, during the course of 1980-87 Mugabe idealogy was sort of a one party state

From 1987 onwards the preaching of now ZANU PF was like it was the only party that brought independence, things stabilised when Nkomo was in government untill his death

People ended up having this idea that without ZANU PF Zimbabwe is nothing, ministers started to be corrupt one got caught and committed suicide but some say he was forced to drink poison http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Nyagumbo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enos_Nkala

Then the land issue

Many things played part in downfall of zim

1st it was war vets compensation scheme the war vets saw how rich some of their comrades were becoming since they held high post in governement. They said to Mugabe, they want a piece of the cake or they would go to bush to remove him.
The government gave out the money which was not part of thats years budget the money was in two parts huge lump sum of Z$50000 then monthly payments, this is 1997 the Z$ to US$ was 10:1 Corrupt officials abused the scheme they gave 100/% disablity to some people who are even walking and some who kids were during the war Grace Mugabe's (1st Lady) brother was caught in the saga

Then came the DRC war, zim soldiers went in, the soldiers were being paid in US dollar and the money was not part of the budget and it was draining the reserves if he has any

The governement could not keep pumping money to war vets it was stop by then, abuse of funds dried the government it was not properly planned from the begininig.

Around 1998/9 war vets cried for monies again since officials were getting richer and richer, and there was no milk and honey,from the liberation, they demostrated by invading farms and people were just taking them as people with a direction
there were not killing white people at that time then Mugabe highjacked the idea so to win votes already Mugabe had been shocked by the 2000 referendum votes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwean_constitutional_referendum,_2000

He needed to win the 2002 election he never adressed the war vets and things got worse people started killings the white farmers, opposition people etc, Prodcuction in commercial farms dicreased and the rest is history

With or without sanctions Mugabe and ZANU has already run down Zimbabwe
No one is against land reform in Zimbabwe people did not like the way it was done
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by juman(m): 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
President Robert Mugabe is an elder statesman and one of our fathers in Africa.

We Africans strongly hope that the election in Zimbabwe would be free, fair and the result of the election would be accepted by all participants.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by zaandrew: 10:26am On Jul 09, 2013
juman: President Robert Mugabe is an elder statesman and one of our fathers in Africa.

We Africans strongly hope that the election in Zimbabwe would be free, fair and the result of the election would be accepted by all participants.

Has I showed all ready. It not free or faire.
Re: Zimbabwe: One Of Africa’s Most Democratic Countries by mizzochocinco: 6:13am On Jul 10, 2013
egift: Are you talking about the same elections he keep being the winner since 1980 till today?

they don't have boko horam lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Military Found More Sums Of Money At The Home Of The Minister / South Sudanese Capital City Gets Electricity For First Time / Massive Protests Across The World, Demanding Justice For George Floyd.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.