Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,773 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan (36326 Views)

FG Names Abuja Streets After Jonathan, Sambo, Atiku, 185 Others / Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Enugu Airport: Before And After GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by loswhite(m): 9:07am On Jul 05, 2013
Blue Magic: Nigerians always celebrating mediocrity. Did he do it out of his pocket. He did it with the country's money, people's money, your money. He is supposed to do it. Its not his responsibility to provide roads, power, water, affordable accomodation, security, infrastructure etc. ITS HIS DUTY. NIGERIANS NEED TO GET IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! FOOLS
he did it with loan from china plus we will pay with interest
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by nOblegEnt(m): 9:08am On Jul 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

They are spending billions renovating buildings when there over 10 million children out of school,several youths without employment or stable source of livelihood,extreme poverty,insecurity everywhere caused by societal dysfunction which metmorphosed into kidnapping,armed robbery among others.

Nigeria problems isn't about renovating airport but rehabilitating the larger masses who are the real owner of government but left out to participate in the workings of government.

This is nothing but a waste of fund and misplaced priority !
[color=#000000][/color]After the criticism why don't you suggest possible avenues through which these things could be done to serve the masses purposefully!

3 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Jamiualagidi: 9:12am On Jul 05, 2013
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 05, 2013
mantote: Did Jonathan use his personal money from fish sales.Do you know how many airports some country have.Its it not our country money?Abeg make. Hear word you 40 laptop boyz

"OUR MONEY",which 1 b "our money".Na d money 4rm sales of cowmeat?Abeg no make me laugh.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 05, 2013
Emmadani: "OUR MONEY",which 1 b "our money".Na d money 4rm sales of cowmeat?Abeg no make me laugh.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 05, 2013
Here we go again. I would tend to think that most of those that post on Nairaland are amongst Nigeria's brightest and most educated. Still, every topic essentially soon degenerates into one divided by geography, ethnicity and religion. This is persistently the reason why we won't get out of this rot. The minority few that are educated enough to plant the seeds of change perpetually do not see the importance of ignoring differences in ethnicity and religious belief.

What more the poor, docile, uneducated and completely clueless that are in the majority?

Our leaders continue to ransack and steal and kill and take us wholesale to the cleaners and graveyard and we are here arguing tribal politics. If ever there was a reason why what happened in Egypt over the last few days would never happen in Nigeria!

Absolute effing idiots.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by dabrake(m): 9:18am On Jul 05, 2013
scipher: Ewwwww
as in, original big-time 'ewwwww'. what the Bleep is that? An airport? more like a mosque.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 9:18am On Jul 05, 2013
babyosisi:

I practically spent most of my long vacations in Kano and kaduna and Jos so I know the area well
The population means nothing
How many can get on a plane?
There are about 2 million almajiris in Kano alone
Go around Kano you see them sprawled under every mango tree around a Mallam and by evening they are at every major road junction with bowls in hand
So who exactly is hopping on these planes
The number is negligible
Do you know airfrance and some other airline used to fly from the USA to Kano sometime ago
Go and find out why they stopped
The answer is not Boko haram btw
You are talking about a state whose priority in 2013 is organizing mass weddings for widows and jobless men
Abeg
Why won't they fly their folks abroad?
No be dem dey get the lion share of our oil wealth.

You are obviouly a very bitter bigot. You should go into the details of those marriages you called priority and find out how both the men and the women are enpowered in agriculture and business and how they are supervised and supported as they become productive citizens. You will perhaps enquire and find out what the Kano government is doing creating employment for thousands odf graduates. It is easy money to renovate an airport superficially and pocket half of the budget. It is simply a way of justifying and legitimizing corruption, but creating families and creating jobs is building the people and is not easy.You will also want to ask the large Igbo community in Kano. Kano government has given them extensive land for them and their families at the metropolitan LGA of Ungogo and they are competing in building Abuja -like houses . It is a new city already named "New Enugu". They are happy and I promise to send you the pictures and skyline of New Enugu.How many States can do that? Some people will die of malice and bad belly as we build people and we build the country.Kano was great in it's Thousand year History , is great now and will be greater in the future - and all Nigerians and the world are contributors.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2013
How abt ASUU n ASUP strike?
Rossikk: Kano Airport Before Goodluck Jonathan

Kano Airport After Goodluck Jonathan

GEJ is working.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2013
You are obviouly a very bitter bigot. You should go into the details of those marriages you called priority and find out how both the men and the women are enpowered in agriculture and business and how they are supervised and supported as they become productive citizens. You will perhaps enquire and find out what the Kano government is doing creating employment for thousands odf graduates. It is easy money to renovate an airport superficially and pocket half of the budget. It is simply a way of justifying and legitimizing corruption, but creating families and creating jobs is building the people and is not easy.You will also want to ask the large Igbo community in Kano. Kano government has given them extensive land for them and their families at the metropolitan LGA of Ungogo and they are competing in building Abuja -like houses . It is a new city already named New Enugu. They are happy and I promise to send you the pictures and skyline of New Enugu.Some people will die of malice and bad belly as we build people and we build the country.Kano was great in it's Thousand year History , is great now and will be greater in the future - and all Nigerians and the world are contributors.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2013
so WTF is MMA looking like a dump
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Pataki: 9:25am On Jul 05, 2013
An airport re-decorated to appease the north? How exceedingly foooolish can this president get to be?? undecided

I was at MMA earlier this year, and that airport is an INTERNATIONAL DISGRACE!!!
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Acidosis(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2013
Evestar200: Please,,there is no airport WARRI,,the airport is in OSUBI in OKPE kingdom,,,and is called OSUBI airport,,,b4 the itsekiri and ijaw come and take OSUBI and add it to warri,,cuz they are fond of fighting over lands

My bad! I always regard warri environs like Effurun, Ubeji etc.. as Warri. But I taught airport road is in Warri¿

Anyway, I read something interesting about that airport. My God! Corruption has been in this country even before most of us were born.

Osubi Airstrip ( IATA: QRW ), also known as Warri Airport, is located at Osubi, a town near Warri in Delta State , Nigeria (about 10 minutes drive by car from the city of Warri).

The federal government first drew up plans to build an airport here in the late 1970s to easy transport into Warri city by air because of its status as an oil city but languished the Plan for over two decades in a mixture of neglect and corruption. [/b]Meanwhile, people coming in and out of Warri continued to use an old airstrip, in a congested part of the city.

[b]...whenever a plane took off or landed, the authorities had to close off an adjacent road to traffic so that a passing car would not be clipped.
grin

Finding it harder and harder to conduct business with the old airstrip, Shell finally decided to build one on its own. The airport as commissioned and open for commercial use on 1 April 1999 with Shell (SPDC) landing a modern Dornier 328 and aero contractors 50-feet Dash aircraft at the Osubi airport. Since the airstrip opened for Public use; it is reckoned to be one of the busiest aviation facilities in Nigeria and it is being operated in partnership with other oil companies.

The maintenance and facilities are among the best in the country and traffic flow is one of the highest. In fact, in the first six months of the opening of Osubi Airstrip, more than 100,000 passengers passed through just as it handled 3,500 aircraft movements!
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warri_Airport

In other words, Shell own Osubi Airport! Interesting.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by dabrake(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2013
nOble^gEnt:
[color=#000000][/color]After the criticism why don't you suggest possible avenues through which these things could be done to serve the masses purposefully!
are you answering him? lekki will soon have a new airport but no such stewpwed comment from his moniker despite the fact that Lagos state citizens perfectly dsscribes the word 'poverty'. these Tinubu online spartans are beginning to piss me off

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by 175(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2013
Acidosis:

Have you ever been to Kano?

Are you aware Kano is the second largest state in terms of commercial activity within Nigeria and the second most populous state in the country ? (check wiki)

Do you know Kano & Lagos are competing in terms of population?

Are you aware people troop in to that city like pure water for trade, business and investment?

Are you aware we have a standard football pitch in Kano state where footballers all over the world troop in until recently (crisis and all) ?

Are you aware Kano state governor is sending his people in hundreds on a daily basis for scholarships right from that Kano airport to any country you can think of in the world?

Do you know foreign investments and investors are all over the city?

Hope you know people who troop in to Kano just to order cars are more than those going to Lagos and Cotonou put together? Everything in Kano is relatively cheap!

Hope you know Kano state is the "Centre of Commerce"

Are you aware there are over 70 Hotels in the city- Kano? (not state).

I don tire for my west, south people o...

My dear, don't limit yourself to nairaland cos if you do, you'll not know anything aside Fashola, and maybe Amaechi and ACN..

Even if you can't travel to places, spread your horizon!!

Classic. This part is highly apt n Acidic like d Acidosis

My dear, don't limit yourself to nairaland cos if
you do, you'll not know anything aside Fashola,
and maybe Amaechi and ACN..
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 05, 2013
Pataki: An airport re-decorated to appease the north? How exceedingly foooolish can this president get to be?? undecided

I was at MMA earlier this year, and that airport is an INTERNATIONAL DISGRACE!!!
came thru MMA a week ago,i tot I was landing at my bro sec school in ijebu
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 05, 2013
Bosuntop: unemployment,bad roads,insecurity,power problems e.t.c nah airport you dey renovate.thank you oga gej.
watin ur state governor dey do?Na gej go kum repair ur street road abi.

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by loswhite(m): 9:30am On Jul 05, 2013
If they can manage the airport,to generate and pay back the money that they borrowed from china to renovate it, then it is good deal.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2013
[quote author=Pataki]An airport re-decorated to appease the north? How exceedingly foooolish can this president get to be?? undecided
quote]
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2013
Pataki: An airport re-decorated to appease the north? How exceedingly foooolish can this president get to be?? undecided
!!

You are wrong , the airports (including Kano) are being decorated for the Aviation Minister and her superiors to siphon money from the treasury. Creating employment is too boring and does't produce kick back.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Aderostock(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Ediota, how can the project commence during OBJ's regime when your thiefing Yoruba brothers , Ajibolade Babalola and Femi kayode that were Aviation ministers were stealing all the money encouraged by OBJ....at the same time crashing planes.

yes under babalola as the them minister, few aircrafts crashed but during FFK, there were no way aircraft could crash cos he stepped up the regulations n rules. under him, the only world class local airport was commissioned MMA2.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by loswhite(m): 9:37am On Jul 05, 2013
Acidosis:

My bad! I always regard warri environs like Effurun, Ubeji etc.. as Warri. But I taught airport road is in Warri¿

Anyway, I read something interesting about that airport. My God! Corruption has been in this country even before most of us were born.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warri_Airport

In other words, Shell own Osubi Airport! Interesting.
airport road is where the former airstrip was located but it was closed after Osubi was completed.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 9:40am On Jul 05, 2013
Not many of these ignorant bigots know this;

Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport is the oldest in Nigeria, with operations starting in 1936. In the first decades of operation, the airport became an important fuel stop for airlines flying long-haul services between Europe and Africa. Newer aircraft however did not need such fuel stops any longer, and with the demise of the economy of Kano in the late 20th century, many international airlines stopped serving the airport. Until May 2012, KLM was the only European airline serving Kano, which they had done without interruption since 1947. This makes KLM the longest-serving foreign airline in Nigeria. Currently the bulk of international flights cater for the large Lebanese community in Kano and Muslim pilgrimages to Mecca.

The airport both serves civilian and military flights. Runway 06/24 is mainly used for civilian flights, while runway 05/23 primarily serves the Nigerian Air Force base at the south side of the airport. But runway 05/23 was in use for all operations, when the main runway was rehabilitated in the beginning of the 21st century. Between the two runways lie the terminal facilities.

The main terminal with the control tower serves international flights and domestic services operated by Arik Air and Nigerian Eagle Airlines. Facilities in the departure lounge are minimal, with a newsstand near the check-in counter, and a small bar at airside. There is a small VIP Lounge for business class passengers. Duty Free shops are currently closed. In the arrivals hall there is a small bar and a post office.

On the south side of the airport, along runway 06/24, is the domestic terminal currently serving operations of Bellview Airlines and IRS Airlines. Facilities include a newsstand and small bar.

Construction of a new domestic terminal, adjacent to the main terminal building, started in the beginning of the 21st century. Construction was however abandoned, but was resumed. The operator of the airport, Federal Airports Authority Nigeria (FAAN), saw the completion of the new terminal in November 2009 and was commissioned on May 2011.[1]
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Ajekpako(m): 9:41am On Jul 05, 2013
Acidosis:

Have you ever been to Kano?

Are you aware Kano is the second largest state in terms of commercial activity within Nigeria and the second most populous state in the country ? (check wiki)

Do you know Kano & Lagos are competing in terms of population?

Are you aware people troop in to that city like pure water for trade, business and investment?

Are you aware we have a standard football pitch in Kano state where footballers all over the world troop in until recently (crisis and all) ?

Are you aware Kano state governor is sending his people in hundreds on a daily basis for scholarships right from that Kano airport to any country you can think of in the world?

Do you know foreign investments and investors are all over the city?

Hope you know people who troop in to Kano just to order cars are more than those going to Lagos and Cotonou put together? Everything in Kano is relatively cheap!

Hope you know Kano state is the "Centre of Commerce"

Are you aware there are over 70 Hotels in the city- Kano? (not state).

I don tire for my west, south people o...

My dear, don't limit yourself to nairaland cos if you do, you'll not know anything aside Fashola, and maybe Amaechi and ACN..

Even if you can't travel to places, spread your horizon!!

You couldn't have said it an better

Most people who have not been to the north sees it as a desert land where nothing is happening & where people still live in trees. wonder where the misconception is gotten from
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by solomon111(m): 9:41am On Jul 05, 2013
AnanseK:

You are wrong , the airports (including Kano) are being decorated for the Aviation Minister and her superiors to siphon money from the treasury. Creating employment is too boring and does't produce kick back.
stop talking nonsense.
Are you saying the aviation ministry should receive no allocation?
Stop waiting for govt to put food on your table,it's not their job .
Get out and create for yourself.
Many people are already benefiting from FG loans and bettering their own lives.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2013
When a people become steeped in mediocrity even average begins to appear excellent! Even though I must commend the government for the job done, but please an airport renovation is not enough to roll out out the drums
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by anonimi: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

They are spending billions renovating buildings when there over 10 million children out of school,several youths without employment or stable source of livelihood,extreme poverty,insecurity everywhere caused by societal dysfunction which metmorphosed into kidnapping,armed robbery among others.

Nigeria problems isn't about renovating airport but rehabilitating the larger masses who are the real owner of government but left out to participate in the workings of government.

This is nothing but a waste of fund and misplaced priority !

You obviously forgot about 10 million children out of school and MISPLACED PRIORITY when you wrote just two days ago on the thread that Fashola BEGINS Lekki airport and seaport:

~Bluetooth:
"Fashola" should be a subject to be study in Nigerian universities !

https://www.nairaland.com/1344968/construction-seaport-airport-begins-lekki/2#16592884

Can we conclude that your sympathy for the out-of-school children is FAKE
Can we go further and use your analogy to say GEJ should be a subject to be study (sic) in Nigerian universities for COMPLETING the rehabilitation of many airports in the country
SMH!!!

5 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Aderostock(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2013
dabrake: as in, original big-time 'ewwwww'. what the Bleep is that? An airport? more like a mosque.

am telling you, these villagers are celebrating mediocrity. can u just imagine people of this age making noise over mosque-like airport and even called it world class? even the jetty built by Fashola is better than this village airport not to talk about MMA 2.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by solomon111(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2013

I am sure you were blind to the nationwide refurbishment of the airports.
*All these APC goons sef*
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 05, 2013
Acidosis:

You may need to visit the city of Asaba.
bros is asaba/warri airport unda d control of FAAN,just ansa yes or no.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Onoru1(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2013
babyosisi: And how many aircrafts are using it outside of hajj period
What a waste

KANO Tunbin giwa ko da mai kazo amfika, KANO is a stomach of elephant what ever you bring to it they are more than you. as you know their is nothing you will find in animals stomachs that is compared to the one in elephant stomach.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Evestar200(f): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2013
loswhite: airport road is where the former airstrip was located but it was closed after Osubi was completed.
Airport road is not in warri too,,Airport road is in UGBORIKOKO in UVWIE KINGDOM,,so WARRI never have any airport up till now,,,the name WARRI is being beautify by other COMMUNITY,,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jibrin Mocks Atiku: "There Is No Vacancy In Aso Rock" / Say Good Bye To Goodluck Jonathan In Your Way / Senator Osinakachukwu Ideozu Decamps To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.