Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? (1159 Views)

Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo) / Soldier Poses Alongside Dead Body Of A Boko Haram Member In Borno..graphic Pix / Borno State Senator Ali Ndume Is A Boko Haram Sponsor - Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Inik(m): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
Going by his recent comments and body language, actions and inactions, many Nigerians have formed a "not too pleasant" impression of the three times presidential candidate.

Do you think that Major general Buhari(rtd) is a Boko haram sponsor? Let's have your honest answer pls.
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by jjcbuthot: 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
Buhari Boko Haram sponsor? What kind of senseless question is this?

Buhari giving weapons or giving money to terrorists to destabilize the country? How and for what reason?

Do you think a strong opposition leader like Buhari who has not declared himself a rebel leader will want to have anything to do with a terrorist group? It will be like pouring petrol on himself for any smoker in the ruling party to burn into ashes.

All those saying Buhari is a boko haram sponsors dont know what they are saying - they dont think at all not to even talk of critical thinking.

4 Likes

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by egift(m): 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
PDP = Boko Haram
Boko Haram = PDP

3 Likes

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by PointB: 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2013
“How did Boko Haram start? We know that their leader, Mohammed Yusuf started his militant and the police couldn’t control them and the army was invited. He was arrested by soldiers and handed over to the police.
“The appropriate thing to do, according to the law, was for the police to carry out investigations and charge him to court for prosecution, but they killed him, his in-law was killed, they went and demolished their houses.
“Because of that, his supporters resorted to what they are doing today. You see in the case of the Niger Delta militants, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua sent an aeroplane to bring them, he sat down with them and discussed with them, they were cajoled, and they were given money and granted amnesty.
“They were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north were being killed and their houses were being demolished.
They are different issues, what brought this? It is injustice”.
- Buhari, comparing apples with oranges; defending Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Mrhod: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
what a senseless question
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Inik(m): 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
Personally i think Buhari may not be a direct sponsor but his sympathies lies with the group

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by ChimaAdeoye: 4:36am On Jul 06, 2013
You sef wey dey ask yeye question know the truth. Abegi, No be me you go hear am from.

But, Buhari will not rule Nigeria again even if he murdered 1 million souls. He just hasn't figured it out yet. So the senseless killing will tragically continue.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Pk001(m): 7:57am On Jul 06, 2013
To me, if you believe in the course of something and you are only willing to speak for, not against, then you are sponsoring that thing.

Buhari might not be a financial sponsor, but I believe he is a motivational sponsor of Boko Haram

Let him prove me otherwise by condenming them!

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 06, 2013
No he is not!
Try not to comment on issues that u dont understand, because u expose your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by druid06(m): 9:09am On Jul 06, 2013
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by druid06(m): 9:10am On Jul 06, 2013
The worst part of hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of moral crisis.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by thoth: 10:10am On Jul 06, 2013
PointB: - Buhari, comparing apples with oranges; defending Boko Haram.

You fail to understand the context on which that speech was made, and you fail to understand the brutal honesty in that piece since you lack the understanding of the situation in the North or what it means to counter terrorism.

Buhari did not try to compare both instead he tried to bring to light the common margin between the two, the common attribute that they shared in that they are both a form of militancy, and even though they don't aspire for the same issue or don't have the same goals they stem from the same problem, he tried to show that the way we handle the situation is not helping it but rather compounds it.

People should understand that counter-terrorism does not JUST MEAN soldiers, shootings and killings, Psychological Operations form a greater part of Counter terrorism, certain reactions by the government like the killings and burning of houses will create a large base for the Boko haram leaders to recruit from, it creates sympathizers, it creates a REASON to justify their actions even if the reason was not there before now; you have created it.

Americans involvement in Afghanistan; the greater part of funds and personnel allocated to the operation was to win over the locals and build infrastructures for them, do you think Americans are stupid or do you think they can not just wipe out the whole bloody Afghan population?

People should try to understand that Buhari's statement shows that he has a deeper understanding of the issue more than the blockheads handling it. he understands that the greatest problem faced by counter terrorism officials are when the local population supports them and even assist them; it makes it hard to tackle the issue, the terrorist can simply melt into the population and resurface any moment and can use civilians for reconnaissance.

He understands that for recruiters to have men ready to do battle against the government they must have a form of grievance to sell to them and that is what he is trying to avoid, he understands that in order to have international legal support and respect for the nation's efforts, the country must strive to keep its operations within the limits of the law, you don't want to have Boko Haram posting videos of where the government was killing innocent citizens to justify their aggression, you don't want enemies of Nigeria and black Africa to use such evidence as a reason to justify funding, arming and training the terrorist, in fact you don't want the whole terrorist scenario turned on you whereby the masses now perceive the government as the terrorist and the terrorist as saviors.

Furthermore Buhari understands Democracy more than all these people trying to misrepresent the meaning of his statements, he understand that as young democratic nation; the Nigerian government should not set a precedent for what is totally unlawful so that future government will not act unlawfully which will set it as a norm, he understands that peoples right must be protected and that is what democracy is all about.

Maybe i should ask you people.. How lawful is it that Shekau committed a crime and instead of punishing Shekau the government went on and MURDERED his in-law, their houses were demolished? (some others were killed as well)
Is that democratic? that is what you will expect from Stalin of Russia, the United states and all other democratic nations put hardened terrorist to trial at the LAW COURT and then prosecute them according to the Law of the country. they are not foolish.

In all i think Buhari is more democratic than the jungle hooligans that are ruling us, that is why democracy is not working in Nigeria, because we disregard the law which is meant to sustain it, that is why counter-terrorism is not fruitful because we fail to attack it from a Professional, Legally and peoples positive angle.

5 Likes

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:13am On Jul 06, 2013
The easterners are some confused rats:

U claim Buhari is a bigot and a tribalist. He swerves only to the north. One can deduce he will do everything to protect his people, which is true!

Then we knw Boko Haram is killing mostly in the North. He wldnt av sanction this!!!

So, only God knws who these sponsors are!!

oh! I think for now, it's tinubu. Abi?
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by thoth: 10:17am On Jul 06, 2013
SLIDE waxie: The easterners are some confused rats:

U claim Buhari is a bigot and a tribalist. He swerves only to the north. One can deduce he will do everything to protect his people, which is true!

Then we knw Boko Haram is killing mostly in the North. He wldnt av sanction this!!!

Even though i don't believe that Buhari would ever support any form of terrorism; Directing your post to EASTERNERS destroyed the whole logic in your post.

Just check newspapers and try to find out whom and whom tried to associate Buhari with terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Brimmie(m): 10:31am On Jul 06, 2013
Fools, Y'all Are Blind!!
Boko Haram Conspiracy.. Jonathan (PDP) Is Fuckin Behind Ds To Archieve Their 2015 Goal!!

If Buhari Is Involves, Why Dafuq Is Dat Black F.ucktard Called Jona Is Doin Nothin To Arrest Him??

[size=30] Come 2015, We Shall Knw The Real Sponsor!! [/size]
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by shereef19: 11:20am On Jul 06, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other
country except Nigeria, We have been suffering
in silence while our Leaders put our future in
their bank accounts. How can we remain like
this? How can a youth go to school and suffered
to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40
and still your future is as bleak as a dark room.
Did your parents send you to school to sit at
home because our Government have failed us.
Let us come out one day and say No. We must
not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to
find a better life, our better life is here in our
country. We have the money, oil and resources
but only a selected few have continue to suck it
dry why we keep believing God for a change,
wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the
Government. We say NO, we need rebuild this
nation, we will vacate those who stand on our
way as they are considered the enemy. A man
cannot have billions of naira while millions of
youths roam the streets every day looking for
daily bread. Our young men must not all be
kidnappers, our young girls must not all be
prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our
Government listens is violence, they have shown
it to the Niger delta militants and now they are
planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a
simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the
unemployed was rejected and you pay militants
N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as
minimum wage? How much do they pay to
elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria
will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq,
Egypt and Tunisia...please spread this message
unless you want to die in poverty in a country
where God has destined all of us to be happy and
prosperous...!!!pls join the group on facebook
tagged "nigerian youths movement for
revolution" Pls send this msg to all ur forum,
groups on facebook, 2go, whatsapp, twitter, and
social messengers, cos anytin can happen o!!!
The time is right for us all to say no bad
governance who take the youths for grante

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Inik(m): 11:57am On Jul 06, 2013
GenBuhari: No he is not!
Try not to comment on issues that u dont understand, because u expose your ignorance.
I know you are the official mouthpiece of gen Buhari on this forum, why has your leader not come out to condemn any of the boko haram attacks in this country. I mean since 2011 boko haram has been targetting and bombing churches, southerners, police officers and even some muslims who were unfortunate to have been caught in the line of fire but Buhari who wants to rule this country has not come out once to condemn the attack on fellow nigerians or called on the boko haram group to ceasefire.

It was only when president Jonathan declared state of emergency in the core Boko haram affected states two months ago to flush out the islamist militants that Buhari came out to condemn the state of emergency and went on to make a childish and laughable comparison between boko haram and the Niger delta militants. Is Buhari an overt or covert supporter of the evil sect?
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 10, 2013
Because you have not seen him do it does not mean he has not condemned it.
Inik:
I know you are the official mouthpiece of gen Buhari on this forum, why has your leader not come out to condemn any of the boko haram attacks in this country. I mean since 2011 boko haram has been targetting and bombing churches, southerners, police officers and even some muslims who were unfortunate to have been caught in the line of fire but Buhari who wants to rule this country has not come out once to condemn the attack on fellow nigerians or called on the boko haram group to ceasefire.

It was only when president Jonathan declared state of emergency in the core Boko haram affected states two months ago to flush out the islamist militants that Buhari came out to condemn the state of emergency and went on to make a childish and laughable comparison between boko haram and the Niger delta militants. Is Buhari an overt or covert supporter of the evil sect?
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Bobandgreat: 4:28am On Jul 10, 2013
Buharam is not a sponsor of Boko Haram rather he is a benefactor of sponsors money for Boko Haram because he is a strategist for Boko Haram. He is a commander in their spy network. I am even suspecting that he is the Shekau we are looking for since he could use any face on You tube to pass across his message.

Please, one other thing keeps bugging me. Is it a coincidence that North wants to negotiate for 2015 while Boko Haram is declairing sieze fire and Ramadan is around the corner. Could it be that Boko Haram has failed and they now want to use another diabolical means to hold the whole nation to ransom or they just want peace so they can observe their Ramadan and thereafter, continue their mayhem. Kindly inform us if u have the answer to this dilemma.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by tsalam: 4:58am On Jul 10, 2013
Bobandgreat: Buharam is not a sponsor of Boko Haram rather he is a benefactor of sponsors money for Boko Haram because he is a strategist for Boko Haram. He is a commander in their spy network. I am even suspecting that he is the Shekau we are looking for since he could use any face on You tube to pass across his message.

Please, one other thing keeps bugging me. Is it a coincidence that North wants to negotiate for 2015 while Boko Haram is declairing sieze fire and Ramadan is around the corner. Could it be that Boko Haram has failed and they now want to use another diabolical means to hold the whole nation to ransom or they just want peace so they can observe their Ramadan and thereafter, continue their mayhem. Kindly inform us if u have the answer to this dilemma.

are you for real mehn. your ignorance crack me up real hard. if by your assertion buhari is the sponsor of bh then gej is an accomplice for not trying him for the crime. and fyi zanna and ndume are gej party members and loyalist and they are Nigerian politicians found to be romancing and bk.
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 10, 2013
Inik:

Does it make sense to you if he condemns boko haram but ignores the factors and reasons why boko haram emerged? Condemning boko haram is not the issue. Several times, buhari has condemned the factors which brought the existence of boko haram. Now, until the government tackles those problems which gave birth to boko haram, boko haram will continue to unleash terror on innocent Nigerians.
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Inik(m): 7:44am On Jul 10, 2013
GenBuhari: Because you have not seen him do it does not mean he has not condemned it.
If he has condemned boko haram in any form the press will carry the news
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Inik(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2013
berem: Does it make sense to you if he condemns boko haram but ignores the factors and reasons why boko haram emerged? Condemning boko haram is not the issue. Several times, buhari has condemned the factors which brought the existence of boko haram. Now, until the government tackles those problems which gave birth to boko haram, boko haram will continue to unleash terror on innocent Nigerians.
No body is asking him to ignore the factors and reasons why boko haram emerged, even if 5 million people in Katsina state die today from a bokoharam attack buhari will not condemn the attack but he will quickly condemn the state of emergence put in place to stop the activities of the group.
The niger delta militants didn't go around bombing mosques or churches, they didn't kill innocent school children, they only kidnapped expatriates working in the oil sector for ransome and also blew up oil pipelines. They had a legitimate request; they wanted a greater share of Nigeria’s oil revenues to go to the impoverished region that sits atop the oil fields. They were offered amnesty and they accepted amnesty. Boko haram agenda is to islamize Nigeria and Nigeria is a secular coutry. His statements portray him as a divisive man who is not fit to lead Nigeria. We are convinced that he is an indirect sponsor of the group.
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by egift(m): 8:07am On Jul 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: The easterners are some confused rats:

Guy I do not believe Buhari is a ever BH sponsor. But for making your comment about the "Easterners", I will strongly advice you to stop drinking water in the pit toilet.
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Wendyslim(f): 8:46am On Jul 10, 2013
Wat a childish question. Use ur brain
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 10, 2013
That is very naive comment.
You do not seem to understand that Nigeria press is selective on carrying the truth.

Have wondered why the press do not carry news about the billions that the corrupt political elites are looting?
Inik:
If he has condemned boko haram in any form the press will carry the news
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by Inik(m): 10:07am On Jul 10, 2013
GenBuhari: That is very naive comment.
You do not seem to understand that Nigeria press is selective on carrying the truth.

Have wondered why the press do not carry news about the billions that the corrupt political elites are looting?
Smh
Re: Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? by druid06(m): 11:18am On Jul 10, 2013
Everyone should take a look at this topic https://www.nairaland.com/863111/confession-boko-haram-member-turned

Buhari is not innocent afterall.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!; Rebel PDP Governors join APC / Father Of The Ibo. / Umaru Dikko: The Failed Abduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.