Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Obuh Resigns - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obuh Resigns (810 Views)

Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! / Coach Obuh:why I Dropped Stanley Okoro / Obuh Final List For U-20 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obuh Resigns by buntercos(m): 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
Obuh, who led the team to a
second round exit at the Fifa
Under-20 World Cup in Turkey,
said he need handed in his letter
to the NFF on Thursday morning.
"I went in to the office on
Thursday and handed my
resignation letter to the NFF
General Secretary," Obuh told
KickOffNigeria.com .
"I need some time off to think
about my future and spend time
with my family."
Obuh has spent the last six years
coaching Nigerian cadets, with
one spell at Under-17 and two as
Under-20 coach.
He guided the Under-17 team to
the final of the World Cup where
they were surprisingly beaten 1-0
by Switzerland.
He was rewarded with the
Under-20 job, and won the
African title in his first spell in
charge, but saw his side knocked
out in the quarterfinal of the
World Cup.
Two years later, the team looked
a poor shadow of that side
despite having returnees from
that triumphant team.
When they lost in the round of 16
to Uruguay, the handwriting was
in the wall for Obuh, who
eventually decided to throw in
the towel.
The former Sharks coach will now
meet with NFF officials next week
to work out payment schedule for
his outstanding wages and
allowances.

Re: Obuh Resigns by Chanchit: 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
Thank God. That mumu coach, after parading 30yrs olds, he still fail to win any reasonable tournament.

1 Like

Re: Obuh Resigns by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
Chanchi you have aired my thots jare. I lost all respect for him when he became lazy and started recycling the last U-20 boys.I can't understand why Ajagun, Kayode, Edafe etc are playing u-20 a second time!!!!!

When their mates such as Omeruo, Musa and Onazi have developed to secure a place in the senior team, Obuh is still claiming he needs to 'develop' them by making them play U-20 a second time. Shame on Obuh!!!

Nigeria needs to realize the tournament is a wonderful opportunity to discover young players and develop them, a player should never be allowed to play age-grade competitions twice.

I hope we learn from this and actually seek to use players in the proper age-grade to play this competition, afterall how old was Keshi and Henry Nwosu when they started playing competitive football. If Keshi had lied about his real age then he should be 70 years now (lol). Odegbami, Adokiye started playing for Nigeria when they were still university/poly undergrads, lets give the youth a chance and we will be surprised at how far they will go.

2 Likes

Re: Obuh Resigns by Tolexander: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
Thank God that the nigerian under 30 coach resigns.

What amazes me in him is his bentigol cap like that of a bicycle seat.

Goodbye! good riddance!
Re: Obuh Resigns by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2013

Thanx for your service but you discovered no real football gem apart from Omeruo. Your team never produced a midfield gem with skills. Seriously, I hated your time here.

(1) (Reply)

BRAZIL Vs CHILE - 5.00pm Nigerian Time / BREAKING NEWS!!!! :APC Drags Mikel To Court :o / FG Commission Akwa Ibom State Int'l Stadium On 7th Nov. 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.