Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Bbc's Middle East Editor Hit With Shotgun Pellets In Egypt - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bbc's Middle East Editor Hit With Shotgun Pellets In Egypt (508 Views)

Netanyahu, HAMAS And Dearth Of Reason In Middle East / Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea / Photo-Journalist May Have Captured His Own Death On Camera In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbc's Middle East Editor Hit With Shotgun Pellets In Egypt by maclatunji: 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
BBC's Jeremy Bowen Hit in Egypt by Shotgun Pellets

Well, we know that the BBC prides itself as the must trusted source of news worldwide and to be able to justify that claim, its reporters have to go out of their way to report the news. Demonstrating this aptly is the BBC's Middle East editor, Jeremy Bowen who is covering the current imbroglio going on in Egypt.

However, part of the call to today as a journalist is facing danger. Jeremy Bowen got hit in the head with shotgun pellets whilst doing his job today in Egypt. Below is his picture at the scene and his tweet telling everyone he is fine.

Source: http://www.coolstuff49ja.com/2013/07/bbcs-jeremy-bowen-hit-in-egypt-by.html#.Udb5gtj9Vn0

Re: Bbc's Middle East Editor Hit With Shotgun Pellets In Egypt by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
The brits want democracy in the Arab world yet the queen occupies an undemocratic post in the kingdom.They claimed Egypt is ruled by terrorists simply because Morsi didn't dance to their tune just like Ghadaffi and Saddam but they see nothing wrong with the absolute monarchy in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar,Abu Dhabi,kuwait and Jordan who are their allies.Here they are blaming Egypt,Iran and Turkey that to an extent still practice democracy for mixing religion with politics.

The real loser here is the Arab cuz they are being tempted by the west to kick out their leaders who do not guarantee freedom for them;forgetting that democracy encompasses all forms of freedom that will bounce back to attack their religious ethics.I wonder what the same opposition that ousted Morsi out of power will do if a section of Egyptian muslims start canvassing for gay rights in the nearest future.

Africans have passed the stage of military regime imposed on them by the west and nothing came out of it as the dictators only serve as stooge to the western powers.The west will only use you to get what they want and dump you !
Re: Bbc's Middle East Editor Hit With Shotgun Pellets In Egypt by maclatunji: 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
^Egypt looks like a bad movie at the moment, it is on the brink of civil war in my opinion.
Re: Bbc's Middle East Editor Hit With Shotgun Pellets In Egypt by homesteady(m): 11:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
^^^
^^^
Both of you are derailing from the topic!!
We should be talking about the journalist!!

I dont think the aproko journalist will need a prophet to tell him to keep off from danger zone!!
Safety comes first!! Before any other thing!
Re: Bbc's Middle East Editor Hit With Shotgun Pellets In Egypt by maclatunji: 12:31am On Jul 06, 2013
homesteady: ^^^
^^^
Both of you are derailing from the topic!!
We should be talking about the journalist!!

I dont think the aproko journalist will need a prophet to tell him to keep off from danger zone!!
Safety comes first!! Before any other thing!

I just finished watching his report, the guy is a very dedicated journalist.
Re: Bbc's Middle East Editor Hit With Shotgun Pellets In Egypt by homesteady(m): 12:38am On Jul 06, 2013
maclatunji:

I just finished watching his report, the guy is a very dedicated journalist.

Good for him!! But I can never be that dedicated!! I love life very much!!
Maclatunji can you be that dedicated?? Lols
Re: Bbc's Middle East Editor Hit With Shotgun Pellets In Egypt by maclatunji: 12:51am On Jul 06, 2013
homesteady:

Good for him!! But I can never be that dedicated!! I love life very much!!
Maclatunji can you be that dedicated?? Lols

I am not sure, it depends- I once completed a mountain race on just water. I was putting my life on the line thereby but I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it and I did. It could be something like that for him
Re: Bbc's Middle East Editor Hit With Shotgun Pellets In Egypt by vedaxcool(m): 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
shocked ouch that's gonna hurt. we sometimes forget easily the risk journalists take in bringing us news.

(1) (Reply)

Packed Boat Capsizes Near Christmas Island, 4 Drown, 144 Rescued / Egypt Interior Minister Mohammed Ibrahim Survives Assassination Attempt / Netherlands Close Eight Prisons Due To Lack Of Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.