Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) (28089 Views)

Tony Elumelu's Tweet On Fashola's Appointment / Check Out What Rochas Okorocha Did With The Photos He Took With Obama / Photos:Olusegun Obasanjo, Tony Elumelu With Vp Osibanjo in Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by yuzedo: 10:49am On Jul 06, 2013
his my gooood freind. I call him Tonnyloo. I have his tellyfone numba. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by oscarchuks: 10:49am On Jul 06, 2013
Chei!...see men,oluwa no 4get ur boi o! cool
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by orgasticdance: 11:03am On Jul 06, 2013
jam04: I knew it!!!! When Tony was 'forced' out of UBA by the CBN regulation back the, I said to a colleague that he will be breaking new ground because he is resourceful and a massive risk taker. I've had the opportunity to meet him twice and I learned a lot from him. No wonder china biggest bank partnered with UBA when they wanted to enter Nigeria market( for easy financing of big chinese companies operating here)

OGA tony I still remember those words you said to me: continue to work smart and efficiently till you don't have to introduce yourself to anyone....TIMELESS!!!!
How exactly is he breaking new ground? By participating in photo-ops with celebrities who invariably have had more influence in the world than he can dream of? He was just another greedy resourceful banker, and a mighty big airhead only interested in the bottom line and not building a worldclass company such as GTB..next abeg

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by kinharold(m): 11:08am On Jul 06, 2013
I seriously need a business mentor, how I wish I can have one like Uncle Tony; not as in his status and level but his person as an entrepreneur.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by shereef19: 11:08am On Jul 06, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other
country except Nigeria, We have been suffering
in silence while our Leaders put our future in
their bank accounts. How can we remain like
this? How can a youth go to school and suffered
to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40
and still your future is as bleak as a dark room.
Did your parents send you to school to sit at
home because our Government have failed us.
Let us come out one day and say No. We must
not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to
find a better life, our better life is here in our
country. We have the money, oil and resources
but only a selected few have continue to suck it
dry why we keep believing God for a change,
wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the
Government. We say NO, we need rebuild this
nation, we will vacate those who stand on our
way as they are considered the enemy. A man
cannot have billions of naira while millions of
youths roam the streets every day looking for
daily bread. Our young men must not all be
kidnappers, our young girls must not all be
prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our
Government listens is violence, they have shown
it to the Niger delta militants and now they are
planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a
simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the
unemployed was rejected and you pay militants
N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as
minimum wage? How much do they pay to
elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria
will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq,
Egypt and Tunisia...please spread this message
unless you want to die in poverty in a country
where God has destined all of us to be happy and
prosperous...!!!pls join the group on facebook
tagged "nigerian youths movement for
revolution" Pls send this msg to all ur forum,
groups on facebook, 2go, whatsapp, twitter, and
social messengers, cos anytin can happen o!!!
The time is right for us all to say no bad
governance who take the youths for grante

3 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by awodman: 11:15am On Jul 06, 2013
orgasticdance:
How exactly is he breaking new ground? By participating in photo-ops with celebrities who invariably have had more influence in the world than he can dream of? He was just another greedy resourceful banker, and a mighty big airhead only interested in the bottom line and not building a worldclass company such as GTB..next abeg
Have U̶̲̥̅̊ heard about Heirs Holding?...try and google it and I hope you do get some info that will help you out of your misery...
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by kushe: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2013
@shereef19

Tell dem cos me I no understand wetin dey happen for this country oo.these lunatics in power are violating the future in public and brandishing their blood stained organs in public.God has delivered us,now we need to deliver ourselves.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by chidaddy1198(m): 11:21am On Jul 06, 2013
EX- UBA Boss Representing
I salute you sir...My mentor,Role model
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by 50calibre(m): 11:22am On Jul 06, 2013
Looks like bono isnt that much interested in music anymore, he has been hobnobbing a lot with business moguls for quite some time now.

The other day he earned multi-million dollars from facebook's floating.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by PStacks(m): 11:27am On Jul 06, 2013
Nigerians are Gifted.
Nigerians are Blessed.
Nigerians are going places.

A Nigerian 15 year old girl made beats for Jay-z's coming album.

Dangote with Bill gates,

Elumelu ma guy with movers and shakers.

If I break new grounds, it won't be strange cos its In Nigerians.
We are gifted people. That's whom we are.
Its no accident that we are the Most populous Black Nation on Planet earth.

I'm black, I'm proud, I'm Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by jam04(m): 11:33am On Jul 06, 2013
orgasticdance:

If building a world class corporation in africa isn't breaking new grounds, then I'm compelled to ask u what it is? Do you know the worth of Heirs holdings? Or you think it is a joke to meet the US president in another country different from yours if your portfolio isn't tight?

I usually don't reply comments like yours but I'm compelled to but I advise you to think out of the box and see yourself on top

3 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by cecegorz(m): 11:55am On Jul 06, 2013
chei: I heard he graduated with a 3rd class?
You are right.
Hope you also heard he employs 1st class graduates to work for him? Lol
It's strange how 21st Century folks still thinks success is solely a function of academic performance.
What Tony is doing now is positioning himself for the next Power sector boom.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Sheriffc(m): 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
Whatever your apathy to someone else success because you can't explain somethings, whatever your feelings for the successes of Nigerian elites and its business owners, you can't but like this businessman. TOE, as we fondly call him in UBA, is one of the success story of a life committed to hardwork and that all is possible in life. He has the aura of success all around him; he is smart, intelligent, a great manager of people and resources, and most of all, a ball of fire. He is a dreamer, a big dreamer. He dreamt of breaking new grounds as he said in his last memo to all staff in August 2010 as the out going MD/CEO of UBA, and he has started breaking the grounds three years after. All I can do is to felicitate with him and his family for the achievements so far, and to most of all wish him well in all his future endeavours.

I still hope to have one more physical encounter with this man, I hope.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by lekkie073(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
Tony elumelu, sounds familiar. what does he do for a living?
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by IGBOSON1: 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
onye guy: Abeg make I ask oh. When Obama is planning for Nigeria tour?

^^^Kidnapping thingz on ya mind? wink
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Kzinne: 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
Monzuur: *yawn*....Where wil i get condom dis mornin ooooooo chai! I must f*ck dis b*tch 2day ooooo
ur mates are breaking new grounds, u're there looking for a condom. u shud b ashamed of urself

4 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by nextexcel: 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2013
Jam04 dont mind d guy, he does not even know the worth of that picture alone,see just a picture can fetch u contracts worth millions,talk alone having a snap with people that determine the diterction the rest of us take.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Plutarch: 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2013
Maxymilliano: 1. Chairman Heirs Holdings, Mr. Tony O. Elumelu, discusses Africa's power sector transformation with US President Barack Obama during the President's tour of the Ubongo power plant near Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

2. With Donald Kaberuka, President of the African Development Bank at a panel discussion on investing in Africa organized by the Corporate Council on Africa (CCA) in Dar es Salaam, during President Obama’s visit to Tanzania.

3. With Warren Buffet at a dinner in New York hosted by Steve Forbes

4. U2 front-man and global advocacy campaigner Bono with Tony O. Elumelu, CON, in New York discussing new approaches to African development.

Tony Elumelu is the Chairman of Heirs Holdings, Heirs Holdings commitment of $2.5 bn to support the US govt's Power # Africa initiative is the single largest investment by any private sector organization. The investment is well underway with its $300 million purchase of Nigeria's best power asset at Ughelli in Delta.

Naija no dey carry last grin. As Obama no gree come naija, one of our own still carry head go Tanzania go meet him. I admire the man tho

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by greaterlove(m): 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sheriff©:
Whatever your apathy to someone else success because you can't explain somethings, whatever your feelings for the successes of Nigerian elites and its business owners, you can't but like this businessman. TOE, as we fondly call him in UBA, is one of the success story of a life committed to hardwork and that all is possible in life. He has the aura of success all around him; he is smart, intelligent, a great manager of people and resources, and most of all, a ball of fire. He is a dreamer, a big dreamer. He dreamt of breaking new grounds as he said in his last memo to all staff in August 2010 as the out going MD/CEO of UBA, and he has started breaking the grounds three years after. All I can do is to felicitate with him and his family for the achievements so far, and to most of all wish him well in all his future endeavours.

I still hope to have one more physical encounter with this man, I hope.
I like that. Showing respect to the great makes way for your own greatness. Keep doing the right thing the universe will arrange for u to meet him or other men of like mind.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by cyzzy: 1:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
My Boss sir Tony A.K.A(TOE) boy u are a one man squad. Courage like a true lion, a vissionary.my mentor. Keep the fire blazing.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2013
MADE MEN
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Memphis357(m): 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
How come he's the only one holding his cellphone in all the pics he's in??
9jerians and their dumb assssss mentality sha.....
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
kettykin:

Bill Gates, Mark Zuckeberg and Steve Jobs don't even have any degrees

Civilisation started from Egypt.
Those great Pyramids - Wonders of the world were built by Architects and Engineers, whom were Never graded in any Classroom or attended any schools. The mystery behind such creative ingenuity, designs and building are till date unknown.

......yet we study them both in history and Architecture in our schools.

You will agree with me that despite these wonders, by guys who were not schooled, is not a good reason for you to drop out of school.

Remember, what works for you, may not work for another - Some call it destiny.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Kzinne: 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
next excel: Jam04 dont mind d guy, he does not even know the worth of that picture alone,see just a picture can fetch u contracts worth millions,talk alone having a snap with people that determine the diterction the rest of us take.
they determine the direction the rest of u take and not us. pls correct urself.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Kzinne: 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
next excel: Jam04 dont mind d guy, he does not even know the worth of that picture alone,see just a picture can fetch u contracts worth millions,talk alone having a snap with people that determine the diterction the rest of us take.
they determine the direction the rest of u take and not us. pls correct urself. nonsense
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by yetunsbay(m): 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

From United Bank of Africa ( UBA)
STB changed to UBA
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Afroconnect: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
BabaAlabi: See as that white guy dey fear
See your mouth,he be like say you no know who the white guy be...fear wetin?
U2 for life.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Mentcee(m): 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
I nearly mistook the dark guy on red tie in the 3rd for a mon key!
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by VIPICO(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised. If you see him speak you will tell. Just goes to show "book knowledge does not always translate into money knowledge". I really like the guy sha
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by goodtalk(m): 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
Ehen what does he now do for a living? Knew he left UBA as MD but i cant seem to really figure out what d' dude is upto! Or is he now into photography biz? Always posing with Rich and influencial people, is that a kind of job now?
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by piagetskinner(m): 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
Is that supposed to b a comfort theory??

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by piagetskinner(m): 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
dejustice:

Civilisation started from Egypt.
Those great Pyramids - Wonders of the world were built by Architects and Engineers, whom were Never graded in any Classroom or attended any schools. The mystery behind such creative ingenuity, designs and building are till date unknown.

......yet we study them both in history and Architecture in our schools.

You will agree with me that despite these wonders, by guys who were not schooled, is not a good reason for you to drop out of school.

Remember, what works for you, may not work for another - Some call it destiny.
Thank u oo... Abeg help me resound it to the 'hearing' of those who are considering droppin outta sch, or bagging a 3rd class or less...CoMforT tHeorY

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP’s $3m Per State Cash-For-Vote Plot Revealed - The Nation / Lawan To Uwais: 'Your reaction to our comment is baseless’ / The Name ‘state Of Osun’ Is Illegal, Court Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.