Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Calabar Women Make The Best Wives - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Calabar Women Make The Best Wives (1264 Views)

Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Ooni Of Ife's Wives As They Prepare To Bury Their Husband (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Calabar Women Make The Best Wives by sheniqua: 1:50am On Jul 06, 2013
There is a saying that a Calabar woman can snatch any man away from his wife and I am tempted to believe it.
Their cooking skills could prove that saying right.
You have not eaten Vegetable soup until you eat one prepared by a Calabar woman.
I use Calabar colloquially to refer to anyone from Cross River and Akwa Ibom States of Nigeria.
Can they cook or what?
If you went into an unfamiliar city and looked for a Nigerian restaurant and was met with many options,,walking into one named Mama Ekaette Cuisine would be a wise choice.
You are more likely not to be disappointed.

If you had never seen Nigerian dances and asked me to suggest two,without blinking I would ask that you see the female dances from Enugu state and the Calabar dances.
The way they move their bodies gracefully to the beats is such a beauty to watch.
Calabar women are reputed to be some of the most beautiful women too.

There was a man from a neighbouring village,my grandfather's age that married a Calabar woman.
At that time most men,his contemporaries were polygamists with multiple wives.
But this man had one wife who bore him just one child.
A rarity in Igboland back then that a man my grandfather's age would have just one wife let alone one child and not a second wife.
He had pressure as a younger man to get a new wife i heard the older ones say ,he needed to populate his lineage as his fellows did but he never bowed to that pressure till death.

http://www.nigeriancircle.com/showthread.php?119-Calabar-women-make-the-best-wives&p=697#post697

(1) (Reply)

Albinos. The Myth / A Typical Igbo Man. / Why Are Nigerians Naturally Angry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.