Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

What Religion Was Moses And Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Religion Was Moses And Jesus (1139 Views)

Was Moses A Black Man / What Religion Was Jesus Christ ? / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by mahdino: 10:26am On Jul 06, 2013
Peace be on all of you
If anyone of us has a previlage of meeting Moses and u ask him that oh! Great prophet was is the name of ur religion? We know he is not going to say Jew, but will say my religion is the religion of total submission to God's will. One word for submission to God's will in Arabic is Islam

Also if u have a chance of meeting Jesus in his second coming and u ask him oh! Jesus what is the name of ur religion? We know he will not say Christian because a Christian is the of person that say's he is following Christ. So if we ask Christ himself the name of his religion he will say my religion is the religion of total submission to God's will. One word for that is Arabic is Islam
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by ckkris: 11:05am On Jul 06, 2013
CHRISTIAN
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by Juell(m): 11:05am On Jul 06, 2013
So what's the essence of this talk?
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by ckkris: 11:14am On Jul 06, 2013
mahdino:

We know he will not say Christian because a Christian is the of person that say's he is following Christ.

Moses was a follower of Jesus, The Lamb of God. Moses and all prophets of Israel were living in line with, and expecting The Messiah, Who would rule the world in Righteousness, just as Jesus rules today.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by cleanvessel(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
Do muslims submit to God or allah?

Note that allah was existing as an idol worshiped by Abdu-Allah, Muhammad's father, even before he was born. When did his father's 'idol' (allah) suddenly turned to real 'God'?

No muslims have been able to differentiate the allah Muhammad's father was worshiping as an idol and the one he (Muhammad) introduced.

Unfortunately, the way Abdu-Allah was worshiping his idol i.e allah is the same way muslims worship allah today. It shows islam (submission to allah) is a continuation of worship of idol not God.

Every Christian submit to God and Jesus his Son but not to allah, an arabian deity whose throne is in Kaaba.

3 Likes

Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
they were [size=28pt]Jews[/size]
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by mahdino: 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
cleanvessel: Do muslims submit to God or allah?

Note that allah was existing as an idol worshiped by Abdu-Allah, Muhammad's father, even before he was born. When did his father's 'idol' (allah) suddenly turned to real 'God'?

No muslims have been able to differentiate the allah Muhammad's father was worshiping as an idol and the one he (Muhammad) introduced.

Unfortunately, the way Abdu-Allah was worshiping his idol i.e allah is the same way muslims worship allah today. It shows islam (submission to allah) is a continuation of worship of idol not God.

Every Christian submit to God and Jesus his Son but not to allah, an arabian deity whose throne is in Kaaba.

Allah is the God in arabic. The Arab's use to worship idols over 360 gods, even then they know that there is a supreme God which they call Allah. U know every man have the consious of God in him. Just like how people worship men like Jesus and say that they do it to reach the true God. One other example I want to tell that the name God is Allah is when Jesus as u say yourself was on the cross he shouted Ela, Ela meaning my God my God.
Know think about it doesn't Ela Ela Sound like Alah Alah? ALLAH is the name of the lord of Moses, Jesus and Mohammad.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by enilove(m): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
mahdino:

Allah is the God in arabic. The Arab's use to worship idols over 360 gods, even then they know that there is a supreme God which they call Allah. U know every man have the consious of God in him. Just like how people worship men like Jesus and say that they do it to reach the true God. One other example I want to tell that the name God is Allah is when Jesus as u say yourself was on the cross he shouted Ela, Ela meaning my God my God.
Know think about it doesn't Ela Ela Sound like Alah Alah? ALLAH is the name of the lord of Moses, Jesus and Mohammad.

The name that sounds more like Allah is "Allat".

And Allat was said to be a Pre Islamic Arabian goddess who was one of the 3 major goddess of Mecca.

The quran in sura 53:19 also mentioned her.

God's name that He gave to Moses is no way close to Allah.Allah ,in case you do not know ,is an idol inside the Kaaba. That is way muslims face the kaaba , pray and bow to it.

Do not allow the Arabian idol worshippers to decieve you and take you to hell.

Pray enquiry prayer to God regarding Islam, He will surely answer you.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by pointblank321: 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
mahdino:

But the question remains unanswered. And that is: What is the difference between the allah AbduAllah was worshiping as a pagan and the Allah his son, Muhammad introduced?

What informs this question is that it is discovered that what AbduAllah was doing to worship his idol before Islam is what muslims do today to worship their allah too reducing allah to AbduAllah's idol.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by kingjohnny(m): 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
Moses had a faith built on covenant of law while Christ have the covenant of grace
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by mahdino: 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
enilove:

The name that sounds more like Allah is "Allat".

And Allat was said to be a Pre Islamic Arabian goddess who was one of the 3 major goddess of Mecca.

The quran in sura 53:19 also mentioned her.

God's name that He gave to Moses is no way close to Allah.Allah ,in case you do not know ,is an idol inside the Kaaba. That is way muslims face the kaaba , pray and bow to it.

Do not allow the Arabian idol worshippers to decieve you and take you to hell.

Pray enquiry prayer to God regarding Islam, He will surely answer you.

No where does Islam or the Quran supports Idol worship. The Kaaba was built by Abraham long after him people fall into darkness in Arabia and started to do idol worship so when prophet Muhammad came he brought them to light and preached the oneness of God. Muslims face the Kaaba to pray not for idol worship but for unity and oneness. Have u ever imagine if 1.2 billion muslims all over the world face different direction when they want to pray? There will be no unity.
The problem is people have been trained to hate Islam.pls study Islam with free mind for the true source and use your God given intelligent.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by mahdino: 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
pointblank 321:

But the question remains unanswered. And that is: What is the difference between the allah AbduAllah was worshiping as a pagan and the Allah his son, Muhammad introduced?

What informs this question is that it is discovered that what AbduAllah was doing to worship his idol before Islam is what muslims do today to worship their allah too reducing allah to AbduAllah's idol.
I have explained to u that when the Arab were practicing idol worship they know that the is a supreme , most high God which they call Allah but they worship some hand made idols which they say they want to use to get close to God, just like the christians say they worship Jesus to get to God and still today the bow to cross and statues. So prophet condem all idol worship and taught them to pray to God direct. No where does Islam or the Quran supports Idol worship. The Kaaba was built by Abraham long after him people fall into darkness in Arabia and started to do idol worship so when prophet Muhammad came he brought them to light and preached the oneness of God. Muslims face the Kaaba to pray not for idol worship but for unity and oneness. Have u ever imagine if 1.2 billion muslims all over the world face different direction when they want to pray? There will be no unity.
The problem is people have been trained to hate Islam.pls study Islam with free mind for the true source and use your God given intelligent.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by cleanvessel(m): 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
@ mahdino

You said the Arabians including Muhammad's father were worshiping Allah through idols. Why is it that when Muhammad brought the worship of true allah (islam), he continued in the same way they were worshiping idols? Can God be worshiped like idols? See ''Why the Bible is the Word of God'' in the muslims section. Read through and you will see where I posted how muslims worship Allah as idol worshipers do.

Abraham and Ishmael did not live in Mecca. So it could not be they who built Kaaba. It is the deception of the Devil. See ''Ishmael Did Not Live in Mecca'' at the muslims section.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by mahdino: 9:25am On Jul 14, 2013
cleanvessel: @ mahdino

You said the Arabians including Muhammad's father were worshiping Allah through idols. Why is it that when Muhammad brought the worship of true allah (islam), he continued in the same way they were worshiping idols? Can God be worshiped like idols? See ''Why the Bible is the Word of God'' in the muslims section. Read through and you will see where I posted how muslims worship Allah as idol worshipers do.

Abraham and Ishmael did not live in Mecca. So it could not be they who built Kaaba. It is the deception of the Devil. See ''Ishmael Did Not Live in Mecca'' at the muslims section.
Pls check psalms. 84:4-6 ,psAlms 94:4-6. That is mecca
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by mahdino: 8:51am On Jul 18, 2013
ckkris: Moses was a follower of Jesus, The Lamb of God. Moses and all prophets of Israel were living in line with, and expecting The Messiah, Who would rule the world in Righteousness, just as Jesus rules today.

How is. Moses a folloWer of Jesus? Moses kept the laws and commAndments. Moses never expected the Messiah he. Did his Part by delivEring the message. Of God.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2013
What religion was your own great great grand papa? Or is he completely insignificant?
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by mahdino: 10:15am On Jul 18, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: What religion was your own great great grand papa? Or is he completely insignificant?

Mose, Jesus and Mohammad may peace be upon them all are more significant than our great great grand papa
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2013
mahdino:

Mose, Jesus and Mohammad may peace be upon them all are more significant than our great great grand papa

TUFIAKWA!

My sperm in the toilet is much more significant than all those people plus their mums and the gods in their heads. You are a brainwashed self-hating ignoramus. Rotten brains!

You won't even exist if not for your great grand parents. But here you are dishonouring and badmouthing them and calling them insignificant because of cave men.

Ahh! I wish I have an e-koboko because you need very good Satanic deliverance.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by Kay17: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2013
@OP

The post didn't have much substance, it played on names and tags. Islam "meaning submission to God" isn't not of the same doctrine and principle as what Moses and Jesus practised. And the Gods these individuals worshipped, are hardly similar in nature and by their commamds.

Also mahdino kept insisting Abraham built the Kaaba, that is an allegation he can hardly defend or substantiate. Is such allegation passed down orally from generation to generation?

Why is it necessary for all muslims to face the Kaaba? For a muslim who fails to do so, what liability does he face? Islam is hardly united in fact, hence the claim that praying to the Kaaba unites muslims is false.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by mahdino: 11:13am On Jul 18, 2013
Kay 17: @OP

The post didn't have much substance, it played on names and tags. Islam "meaning submission to God" isn't not of the same doctrine and principle as what Moses and Jesus practised. And the Gods these individuals worshipped, are hardly similar in nature and by their commamds.

Also mahdino kept insisting Abraham built the Kaaba, that is an allegation he can hardly defend or substantiate. Is such allegation passed down orally from generation to generation?

Why is it necessary for all muslims to face the Kaaba? For a muslim who fails to do so, what liability does he face? Islam is hardly united in fact, hence the claim that praying to the Kaaba unites muslims is false.

Please tell us how are their God different when all of them said their God is ONE and no one can see him

When i quoted psalms, I was not trying to prove that Abraham built the Kaaba I am only trying to show that Kaaba is even in the bible and honoured.

Then lastly God is the creator of the North south west and east where ever u are facing u can pray and Muslims don't pray to Kaaba but to God. It is not that the Kaaba unites us but it shows that we are all united
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by Kay17: 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
^^
Apparently the atttempt to look united by facing the Kaaba while praying has failed.

It is a given fact that Moses, Zoroaster, Jesus and Mohammed are monotheists, it doesn't necessarily imply they worship the same God by virtue of his singularity. Looking through their respective doctrines, one will not find a cohesive agreement among the four on ideology/doctrine.

Moses believed in a God that was beyond Good and Evil, while Jesus believed in a personal warm good God, and Muhammed God mandates Ramadan. Hope you see the significant differences.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by mahdino: 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
Kay 17: ^^
Apparently the atttempt to look united by facing the Kaaba while praying has failed.

It is a given fact that Moses, Zoroaster, Jesus and Mohammed are monotheists, it doesn't necessarily imply they worship the same God by virtue of his singularity. Looking through their respective doctrines, one will not find a cohesive agreement among the four on ideology/doctrine.

Moses believed in a God that was beyond Good and Evil, while Jesus believed in a personal warm good God, and Muhammed God mandates Ramadan. Hope you see the significant differences.

Jesus said for u to go to heaven u have to keep the laws and commandments in Matt5:17. Moses said same look they were all sent by one same God
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by Kay17: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
^^
How could Moses have known that jesus who was way ahead in the future, was worshipping the same God as he was in his own time. The reference to Jesus and Mohammed are inventions from no one but you.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by mcfynest(m): 10:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
Jesus never belonged to any religion. infact he attacked the religion of the day. @mahdinho you stil ruuning away from questions asked. why is it that it is the sane way tha abdu'llah prayed to allah is the same way muslims pray to allah
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by igbeke: 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
mahdino:

Jesus said for u to go to heaven u have to keep the laws and commandments in Matt5:17. Moses said same look they were all sent by one same God
... And who.told u ur mohammed or allah's laws were bn refered to here?
btw, dont u think its dellusional to falsefully insert ur ka'abba in d Holy Bible in order to attract attention and rellevance?
get it straight, Jesus Christ and mohammed are two parrallel entitites wit no point of intersection. u want a transversal? its not working.
Re: What Religion Was Moses And Jesus by mahdino: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
igbeke:
... And who.told u ur mohammed or allah's laws were bn refered to here?
btw, dont u think its dellusional to falsefully insert ur ka'abba in d Holy Bible in order to attract attention and rellevance?
get it straight, Jesus Christ and mohammed are two parrallel entitites wit no point of intersection. u want a transversal? its not working.

Jesus said in the gospel of John that when HE the spirit of truth comes HE will guide u into all truth that HE will not speak of HIMself ... Who is Jesus talking about? That HE is Mohammad (saw)

(1) (Reply)

Please All True Christians On Nairaland,my Friend Needs Your Honest Advise!!!! / A German Muslim Schola's Answers In A Live TV Show / UK Worship Artist Whose Songs Are Sung In American Churches Comes Out As Lesbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.